User Reviews for Acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine

Also known as: Alagesic, Alagesic LQ, Americet, Anolor 300, Anoquan, Arcet, Capacet, Dolgic LQ, Dolgic Plus, Dolmar, Endolor, Esgic, Esgic-Plus, Ezol, Femcet, ...show all 36 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine.

Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 288 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine to treat Headache

"I have been on this for two days after suffering from headaches for 5 weeks they are not working I hurt so bad the pain doesn't stop. What can I do? Do these pills even work?"

Mremneff January 28, 2016

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "Good"

MEmemememememememe January 21, 2016

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "This is an old medication that I hope will never be removed. My grandfather used to take it when it wasn't a prescription. My father took it and I take it. It kills the headache with just one dose within 20 minutes. Sometimes I may get sleepy when it takes effect, but I also believe this happens due to the possibility that I hadn't slept well and is why that particular headache came on. When I first started taking fioricet, I did feel some light nausea, and dizziness, but I do not get those side effects any more. I also am sure I eat a couple of saltines when I take it. I have been on many other medications for my headaches and have not had the possitive results that I get from the fiorocet."

DanceWWinds January 9, 2016

"Took at 8pm at midnight still awake and no relief of neck spasms. Felt like my head would fall off on right side of neck. Took second dose still at 4am still not sleeping, no relief from pain."

Wideawake no relief (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "I get migraines 5 out of 7 days. This is the only medicine I have found that works so well. I get sick my head pounds horribly like someone if hitting me hard with a bat"

Jolene mom of four (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2015

"I took first dosage at 1:44 pm and the left side of my head is still throbbing at 725 pm. Are these reviews legitimate????"

Headache Mommy December 25, 2015

"I have suffered from migraines since the age of 9. I've had a slew of Dr's tell me I have severe tension vascular migraines. To make things worse I had a car accident that knocked my jaw off center which exacerbated the migraines. I now have two bone spurs in my neck. The ONLY medication that works for me is Fioricet. I have tried everything including, maxault, immitrex, zomig and just about every pain killer from Otc to prescribed. My nuerologist finally tried Fioricet and it worked. I have never felt addicted to this medication as side affects are a drowsy feeling. I hate feeling sleepy when I'm running around... I like feeling energy. So this medication, I strongly recommend asking your dr. about. It works at the onset!"

AmerPeg December 24, 2015

"Worst headache ever - over 10 days of pain trying every pain reliever nothing helped. I even had pain when I moved or shook my head and walking down stairs. Went to the Dr. This morning and he wasn't sure if it's from tension or allergies. Got this prescription came home took two laid down took a nap, woke up 100% better."

WW 1961 December 15, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "Have been prescribed this for 20 plus years for migraines. I only have them a few times a year and as long as I take fioricet as soon as I start getting the visuals before the migraine pain kicks in then the migraine is not bad at all. The headache is very light if at all as well as the nausea."

jonnietable November 10, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "I've taken this medicine for nearly 15 years for debilitating migraines. I am not addicted to Fioricet. I do not get rebound headaches. When the pain is gone, it's gone. I have bad arthritis in the neck causing a combination of migraine and cluster migraines. I've taken every possible anticonvulsant combo and tried all kinds of migraine relief drugs and OTC's. Nothing takes the pain away like Fioricet. I take zonsiimide as a prophylactic now along (along with Fioricet as needed). The frequency of headaches have decreased with age but nonetheless still occur. Fioricet will now not be covered by insurance company. This is appalling. Really? Because of what? Addicts? Why are we penalizing those who need it by making them pay full price?"

Matd (taken for 10 years or more) November 9, 2015

"I had suffered with headaches for a long time. Nothing ever worked for me. The my Doctor put me on Fioricet. It stopped my headaches within 15 mins after taken the first pill. This was a life saver.."

moe1966 (taken for 10 years or more) September 8, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "My doctor prescribed Fioricet as a first-line treatment for my headaches. (I'm still not sure whether they're migraines, tension headaches or something else but they always happen during my period). Fioricet definitely works, albeit with some side effects. I react poorly to sedative drugs like butalbital in that I get awful rebound anxiety/depression after only a couple doses. All the more reason to use this medication sparingly. There's a definite euphoric effect that lends itself to abuse. The combo of caffeine + a sedative is a strange one, but it works when all OTC stuff has failed. I much prefer it over something like Topamax."

Ms. Andrist (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "I have been taking fioricet for about a year now for migraines. And it works great"

crystal s (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "Was prescribed this for tension headaches. It does something, but it makes me dizzy and light headed. It seems to start working nearly immediately (reduces the pain by like 50-75%), but after not too long the headache will start slowly creeping back over the course of the next few hours. I actually have a headache I've been attempting to treat with it right now and so far I've taken 7 pills over the course of 26 hours and it's still here."

dddddddddttt5tttttttt (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "I had a spinal tap recently and unfortunately was in the small percentage of people that have spinal headaches from this procedure. I've had migraines forever but a spinal headache is by far the most debilitating experience. I was prescribed fioricet and was taking 2 every 4 hours it did nothing! I was back hospitalized the next day. So this may work great for migraines but anyone prescribed this for spinal headaches it does not work."

Ash05 June 27, 2015

"This is the only medicine that truthfully works. I am 24, been suffering with extreme migraine since I was 6, and this medicine is a godsend. I have tried everything, so if you have as well, ask your doc about it. My migraines start with a scotoma and I lose 90% vision, then numbness in face, tongue, arm, hands, and legs. Then that turns into getting sick, then a migraine headache that is ruthless. This medicine literally gets rid of the throbbing, pounding pain in minutes. Only con with this med is you may feel tired, but anybody who truthfully suffers from migraines, would choose being tired over one of the worst pains 10 out of 10 times."

Migraine headaches with stroke like symptoms (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "This Rx works wonderfully. I love that it doesn't make me jittery or nauseous. It works 98% of the time for me. Luckily, I was able to have my tablets coated, having a migraine and the bitter taste of the pill wasn't a very good mix. There are times when I have a migraine that comes in too strong and too fast and this tablet doesn't work.That's when I take my Maxalt. Although, I hate the after affects of Maxalt."

Works Wonders! May 22, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "I am very anxious to take any RX meds. I have suffered with migraines for years. Finally my doctor told me to please try This and get relief! Why do I wait sooo long! It got rid of my migraine and I don't feel weird or goofy ;)."

IamAmy May 14, 2015

"Suffered with Tension Migraines, combined with vascular/aura types for 25 yrs. Went round & round w/tests, scans, RX's, shots, etc until FINALLY my doctor prescribed Anolor 300. Hard to find anymore, but Fioricet was a perfect replacement (same ingredients). It has helped immensely in my daily life. No missed workdays, or other important things in life since having this for the debilitating headaches. 30 mins after taking one, I am good to go. Rarely do I ever need a 2nd dose, if taken at onset. Fabulous, w/o all the awful side effects of many other 'preventative' Rx's. Take as needed. 90 ct bottle lasts me @ 2 yrs!"

OldFortJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "I have suffered from migraines for as long as I can remember. Tried everything then my Dr. Gave me Fioricet and I love it gets rid of migraines when I'm out I will use Ibuprofen as I AM a recovering Addict and don't want to rely solely on this medicine to get rid of headaches. No more ER visits for this chick!"

diana rudolph March 30, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "I switched to this after taking Midrin for some time. This works more quickly, has very little side effect, and all around is better. It works for about 95% of my migraines. Sometimes 1 pill and 1 OTC is enough, sometimes 2 pills are needed, and on rare occasion, 3 are necessary. I've never had a migraine that couldn't be killed given enough Fioricet."

TriangularMann (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "Like many others, have suffered from tension and/or migraine headaches since I was a child (age 7 or so). My mother and father both had histories of tension and/or migraine headaches. I was prescribed initially fiorinal, around age 15, and then changed to fioricet by my neurologist due to upper gi problems (gerd). Until I had this medication prescribed, my life was controlled by my headaches. I can remember as a teenager, feeling that I couldn't be away from home for very long due to fearing a headache would come on. No child or adult should have to feel that way! I wish that all the physicians who are uncomfortable prescribing this medicine would read these comments! Thank you."

TensionHeadache (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "MAGIC. I never leave home without at least two pills in my purse. I've suffered from migraines since I was 17 (23 now, not that long but long enough) and have been on almost everything. I've been basically turned away by two neurologists because they have nothing left to try with me. I refuse to take any kind of heavy narcotic unless I am forced to go to the ER and I was finally prescribed Fioricet and it worked like no other. Instead of having to drop everything I was doing when the migraine started to lay in a dark room I was able to take 1-2 pills depending on the severity and go on with my day like nothing had happened. It's absolutely amazing. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

KatelynnE January 11, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "It is the best medicine that really works control my tension headache. One tablet is enough to make the discomfort go away in a matter of minutes. It is taken only when necessary. However, not all doctors recommend this med because it could be habit forming and might damage the liver. At times, there are doctors that over reacts even though you tell them that you only take it as needed and that you were careful. On the other hand, there are the smart doctors that prescribes it PRN as treatment for headache. "

ms tension headache January 8, 2015

Dolgic Plus (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine): "I have severe migraines where I just want to squeeze my head off. I used Dolgic Plus until it was taken off the market. It was the only medicine that worked. Of course I needed coke to wash down the flavor but it was worth it. Ten to fifteen minutes later headache under control. Nothing but nothing else worked. I only wish I could find some again."

pster (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 29, 2014