User Reviews for Acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine

Also known as: Alagesic, Alagesic LQ, Americet, Anolor 300, Anoquan, Arcet, Capacet, Dolgic LQ, Dolgic Plus, Dolmar, Endolor, Esgic, Esgic-Plus, Ezol, Femcet, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine.

Headache 133 reviews 237 medications

8.9
Summary of Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine reviews 133 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I have been taking fioricet for about a year now for migraines. And it works great"

crystal s (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Was prescribed this for tension headaches. It does something, but it makes me dizzy and light headed. It seems to start working nearly immediately (reduces the pain by like 50-75%), but after not too long the headache will start slowly creeping back over the course of the next few hours. I actually have a headache I've been attempting to treat with it right now and so far I've taken 7 pills over the course of 26 hours and it's still here."

dddddddddttt5tttttttt (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I had a spinal tap recently and unfortunately was in the small percentage of people that have spinal headaches from this procedure. I've had migraines forever but a spinal headache is by far the most debilitating experience. I was prescribed fioricet and was taking 2 every 4 hours it did nothing! I was back hospitalized the next day. So this may work great for migraines but anyone prescribed this for spinal headaches it does not work."

Ash05 June 27, 2015

For Headache: "This is the only medicine that truthfully works. I am 24, been suffering with extreme migraine since I was 6, and this medicine is a godsend. I have tried everything, so if you have as well, ask your doc about it. My migraines start with a scotoma and I lose 90% vision, then numbness in face, tongue, arm, hands, and legs. Then that turns into getting sick, then a migraine headache that is ruthless. This medicine literally gets rid of the throbbing, pounding pain in minutes. Only con with this med is you may feel tired, but anybody who truthfully suffers from migraines, would choose being tired over one of the worst pains 10 out of 10 times."

Migraine headaches with stroke like symptoms (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "This Rx works wonderfully. I love that it doesn't make me jittery or nauseous. It works 98% of the time for me. Luckily, I was able to have my tablets coated, having a migraine and the bitter taste of the pill wasn't a very good mix. There are times when I have a migraine that comes in too strong and too fast and this tablet doesn't work.That's when I take my Maxalt. Although, I hate the after affects of Maxalt."

Works Wonders! May 22, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I am very anxious to take any RX meds. I have suffered with migraines for years. Finally my doctor told me to please try This and get relief! Why do I wait sooo long! It got rid of my migraine and I don't feel weird or goofy ;)."

IamAmy May 14, 2015

For Headache: "Suffered with Tension Migraines, combined with vascular/aura types for 25 yrs. Went round & round w/tests, scans, RX's, shots, etc until FINALLY my doctor prescribed Anolor 300. Hard to find anymore, but Fioricet was a perfect replacement (same ingredients). It has helped immensely in my daily life. No missed workdays, or other important things in life since having this for the debilitating headaches. 30 mins after taking one, I am good to go. Rarely do I ever need a 2nd dose, if taken at onset. Fabulous, w/o all the awful side effects of many other 'preventative' Rx's. Take as needed. 90 ct bottle lasts me @ 2 yrs!"

OldFortJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I have suffered from migraines for as long as I can remember. Tried everything then my Dr. Gave me Fioricet and I love it gets rid of migraines when I'm out I will use Ibuprofen as I AM a recovering Addict and don't want to rely solely on this medicine to get rid of headaches. No more ER visits for this chick!"

diana rudolph March 30, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I switched to this after taking Midrin for some time. This works more quickly, has very little side effect, and all around is better. It works for about 95% of my migraines. Sometimes 1 pill and 1 OTC is enough, sometimes 2 pills are needed, and on rare occasion, 3 are necessary. I've never had a migraine that couldn't be killed given enough Fioricet."

TriangularMann (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Like many others, have suffered from tension and/or migraine headaches since I was a child (age 7 or so). My mother and father both had histories of tension and/or migraine headaches. I was prescribed initially fiorinal, around age 15, and then changed to fioricet by my neurologist due to upper gi problems (gerd). Until I had this medication prescribed, my life was controlled by my headaches. I can remember as a teenager, feeling that I couldn't be away from home for very long due to fearing a headache would come on. No child or adult should have to feel that way! I wish that all the physicians who are uncomfortable prescribing this medicine would read these comments! Thank you."

TensionHeadache (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "MAGIC. I never leave home without at least two pills in my purse. I've suffered from migraines since I was 17 (23 now, not that long but long enough) and have been on almost everything. I've been basically turned away by two neurologists because they have nothing left to try with me. I refuse to take any kind of heavy narcotic unless I am forced to go to the ER and I was finally prescribed Fioricet and it worked like no other. Instead of having to drop everything I was doing when the migraine started to lay in a dark room I was able to take 1-2 pills depending on the severity and go on with my day like nothing had happened. It's absolutely amazing. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

KatelynnE January 11, 2015

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "It is the best medicine that really works control my tension headache. One tablet is enough to make the discomfort go away in a matter of minutes. It is taken only when necessary. However, not all doctors recommend this med because it could be habit forming and might damage the liver. At times, there are doctors that over reacts even though you tell them that you only take it as needed and that you were careful. On the other hand, there are the smart doctors that prescribes it PRN as treatment for headache. "

ms tension headache January 8, 2015

Dolgic Plus (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I have severe migraines where I just want to squeeze my head off. I used Dolgic Plus until it was taken off the market. It was the only medicine that worked. Of course I needed coke to wash down the flavor but it was worth it. Ten to fifteen minutes later headache under control. Nothing but nothing else worked. I only wish I could find some again."

pster (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 29, 2014

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "This works well if I take it when the Migraine is just starting. It will stop the migraine but I may still get a head ache but it wont be debilitating."

Darth Gigi (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2014

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I just took this medicine for the first time, I have had severe migraines for years. I can't believe how well this medicine is working already! I have chronic sinusitis, degenerative disc decease and TMJ. I also have braces and just got them tightened so I haven't even wanted to get out of bed lately. I am so excited I found this medicine, I can't believe I was never told about it before!"

Aamandapanda86 October 15, 2014

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Didn't even touch my migraine. I've tried just about everything for chronic severe migraines, including daily propranolol, Imitrex, Maxalt, narcotics, etc. Only Midrin has helped. Ran out and tried this. Didn't help. Didn't notice any side effects."

Carmenita October 12, 2014

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Fioricet is the only medication that will quickly and effectively get rid of my migraine/tension headaches. I've tried multiple other medications, treatments without relief. Without them I'm totally incapacitated, in bed, no lights, nausea and frequent emergency room visits. So far without signs of dependence, withdrawals or addiction. However I despise the looks or comments at certain pharmacies like you're an addict! Obviously these people have never experienced severe headaches."

Tsss (taken for 10 years or more) September 30, 2014

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I have had a lifetime of debilitating headaches, through which pricey neurologists have determined that I have 2 types of headache going on - though perhaps not at the same time. I have severe tension headaches, as well as heachaches with a significant migraine component (I see the aura - I can tell when those are on the way). Fioricet is a fundamental front-line treatment for the tension headaches, and with Fioricet, they usually do not develop into the severe (keep me in a quiet, dark room) type, which were MUCH more frequent without Fioricet. I fully endorse it in my case."

meteoguy (taken for 10 years or more) September 6, 2014

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "This medicine helps! I would say it knocks the pain down of a migraine from a 10 to a 3 very quickly. Not sure what I would do without it."

Migraine543 August 23, 2014

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Works wonders for my headaches. Started having stomach pain about 6 months ago that I haven't checked out (can't afford testing I expect to follow). But I also think I have an ulcer from stress - who knows. Point is, it took me 20 years to get a doctor to help me find a medicine that works. This does."

kitcat321 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 3, 2014

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "Nothing else works. I only use it on the really bad, hormonal-induced headaches. Normally, my proactive regimen of meditation, acupuncture, exercise, hydration & supplements works. Acetominophen or ibuprofen along with stretching, ice and heat usually work once I get a migraine. But for the biggies, it's Fioricet."

Galbusca1990 (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2014

For Headache: "I deal with migraine headaches almost all my adult life as well as in my teens. I could never find a medication that helped until about 10 yrs ago. I was treated with acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine. It helped me tremendously. It lasts for a longer time if I don't due too much activity. Overall, its the only medication that gives me the relief to enjoy a life without painful headaches like severe migraines. Once I get the migraine under control in about a month, I am headache free for awhile."

rainbow bright 1980 June 16, 2014

Esgic (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I love ESGIC for headaches. When I feel one coming on I can take one pill and it will wipe it out before it gets full blown. I only take it when necessary. A prescription of 30 will last me usually a year sometimes less, sometimes more. I hate the fact that they are going to take it off the market!"

Doodle63 April 8, 2014

For Headache: "Have been using off and on for years for chronic migraine/tension headache condition. This drug has almost always given me relief from my chronic severe headache pain. I have tried a litany of prescriptions for my headache issue...maxalt...all in that family ... Too many to list including narcotics when severe enough. The fioricet is my steady loyal remedy in most cases. I personally haven't dealt with any negative side effects."

bella1313 (taken for 10 years or more) March 28, 2014

Esgic (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: "I had a migraine/headache for two weeks. I took everything over the counter nothing helped then I tried Hydrocodone it didn't help at all, then I tried my daughter's Midrin and it did take the edge off turning it into just a headache but it didn't take it away. I went to my Doctor and was giving an injection Imitrex and giving prednisone neither did anything, I went back to the doctor and was given Esgic that I almost didn't bother to get filled but the headache was still to much to deal with so after I took 1 pill my headache went away I could not believe it worked when nothing else helped. I also had blood work and a CT scan both that came back negative, so I have continued to take Esgic when required whenever I get a really bad headache or migraine."

basketball14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2014