User Reviews for Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine

Also known as: Alagesic, Alagesic LQ, Americet, Anolor 300, Anoquan, Arcet, Capacet, Dolgic LQ, Dolgic Plus, Dolmar, Endolor, Esgic, Esgic-Plus, Ezol, Femcet, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine.

Headache 121 reviews 236 medications

8.9
Summary of Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine reviews 121 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine

Review by pster (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Dolgic Plus (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I have severe migraines where I just want to squeeze my head off. I used Dolgic Plus until it was taken off the market. It was the only medicine that worked. Of course I needed coke to wash down the flavor but it was worth it. Ten to fifteen minutes later headache under control. Nothing but nothing else worked. I only wish I could find some again.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Darth Gigi (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: This works well if I take it when the Migraine is just starting. It will stop the migraine but I may still get a head ache but it wont be debilitating.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by Aamandapanda86:

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I just took this medicine for the first time, I have had severe migraines for years. I can't believe how well this medicine is working already! I have chronic sinusitis, degenerative disc decease and TMJ. I also have braces and just got them tightened so I haven't even wanted to get out of bed lately. I am so excited I found this medicine, I can't believe I was never told about it before!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2014 1:38 AM

Review by Carmenita:

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: Didn't even touch my migraine. I've tried just about everything for chronic severe migraines, including daily propranolol, Imitrex, Maxalt, narcotics, etc. Only Midrin has helped. Ran out and tried this. Didn't help. Didn't notice any side effects.

October 12, 2014 3:18 PM

Review by Tsss (taken for 10 years or more):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: Fioricet is the only medication that will quickly and effectively get rid of my migraine/tension headaches. I've tried multiple other medications, treatments without relief. Without them I'm totally incapacitated, in bed, no lights, nausea and frequent emergency room visits. So far without signs of dependence, withdrawals or addiction. However I despise the looks or comments at certain pharmacies like you're an addict! Obviously these people have never experienced severe headaches.

September 30, 2014 6:15 PM

Review by meteoguy (taken for 10 years or more):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I have had a lifetime of debilitating headaches, through which pricey neurologists have determined that I have 2 types of headache going on - though perhaps not at the same time. I have severe tension headaches, as well as heachaches with a significant migraine component (I see the aura - I can tell when those are on the way). Fioricet is a fundamental front-line treatment for the tension headaches, and with Fioricet, they usually do not develop into the severe (keep me in a quiet, dark room) type, which were MUCH more frequent without Fioricet. I fully endorse it in my case.

September 6, 2014 4:19 PM

Review by Migraine543:

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: This medicine helps! I would say it knocks the pain down of a migraine from a 10 to a 3 very quickly. Not sure what I would do without it.

August 23, 2014 6:40 AM

Review by kitcat321 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: Works wonders for my headaches. Started having stomach pain about 6 months ago that I haven't checked out (can't afford testing I expect to follow). But I also think I have an ulcer from stress - who knows. Point is, it took me 20 years to get a doctor to help me find a medicine that works. This does.

August 3, 2014 10:01 PM

Review by Galbusca1990 (taken for 10 years or more):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: Nothing else works. I only use it on the really bad, hormonal-induced headaches. Normally, my proactive regimen of meditation, acupuncture, exercise, hydration & supplements works. Acetominophen or ibuprofen along with stretching, ice and heat usually work once I get a migraine. But for the biggies, it's Fioricet.

June 27, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by rainbow bright 1980:

For Headache: I deal with migraine headaches almost all my adult life as well as in my teens. I could never find a medication that helped until about 10 yrs ago. I was treated with acetaminophen/butalbital/caffeine. It helped me tremendously. It lasts for a longer time if I don't due too much activity. Overall, its the only medication that gives me the relief to enjoy a life without painful headaches like severe migraines. Once I get the migraine under control in about a month, I am headache free for awhile.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2014 10:05 PM

Review by Doodle63:

Esgic (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I love ESGIC for headaches. When I feel one coming on I can take one pill and it will wipe it out before it gets full blown. I only take it when necessary. A prescription of 30 will last me usually a year sometimes less, sometimes more. I hate the fact that they are going to take it off the market!

April 8, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by bella1313 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Headache: Have been using off and on for years for chronic migraine/tension headache condition. This drug has almost always given me relief from my chronic severe headache pain. I have tried a litany of prescriptions for my headache issue...maxalt...all in that family ... Too many to list including narcotics when severe enough. The fioricet is my steady loyal remedy in most cases. I personally haven't dealt with any negative side effects.

March 28, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by basketball14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Esgic (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I had a migraine/headache for two weeks. I took everything over the counter nothing helped then I tried Hydrocodone it didn't help at all, then I tried my daughter's Midrin and it did take the edge off turning it into just a headache but it didn't take it away. I went to my Doctor and was giving an injection Imitrex and giving prednisone neither did anything, I went back to the doctor and was given Esgic that I almost didn't bother to get filled but the headache was still to much to deal with so after I took 1 pill my headache went away I could not believe it worked when nothing else helped. I also had blood work and a CT scan both that came back negative, so I have continued to take Esgic when required whenever I get a really bad headache or migraine.

March 20, 2014 3:28 PM

Review by krdRN:

For Headache: I've been taking this medicine for almost 30 yrs for migraines; It is the only medicine I can take and still function at work; usually it completely relieves my symptoms but even when it does not completely remove the worse of my migraines, it takes them down to a level I can manage and still function in my intense job.

March 6, 2014 1:17 AM

Review by lhilgenfeldt (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: The best medicine for my migraines and headaches. I never leave home without it. I can take a pill and keep going.

December 3, 2013 6:32 AM

Review by nesegal (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: Always gets rid of the migraine.

October 6, 2013 10:45 PM

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: Have had migraines since I was in my 20's. Like many have said I was given Toradol, Cafergot, Darvocet, birth control pills, Elavil, Inderal and nothing worked. Have had to go to ER at least 2-3x yearly over the years. Twenty years ago I had a severe neck injury and closed head injury after a car accident and my migraines went from a monthly occurrence to daily. I was also given the nerve block shots at the base of the skull. My ER visits increased to several times a year. Finally, a co-worker who also suffered from migraines asked if I had ever tried Excedrin or been prescribed Fioricet. I hadn't, so I asked my doctor and he wrote a script for it. That was 20 years ago and I haven't had an ER visit since. I am 60 now.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2013 11:15 AM

Review by Amdy:

For Headache: This is a miracle pill, honestly. I have had bad migraines ever since I was little and it is the only pill that takes the edge off while the other two ingredients combine & take away the headache! 3 pills a day. Honestly it feels like you drink a few cups of coffee.

September 7, 2013 1:53 AM

Review by happy user:

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: Have been using Fioricet when required for 4 years. I always go too long before taking it for tension headaches. Usually one pill does wonders and I can get on with my day. Will continue to use it as needed.

August 21, 2013 10:27 AM

Review by Ash45956 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: It works! My doctor said to be careful of it though and NOT to ever take more than prescribed. Follow doctors instructions and works great for bad headaches.

August 4, 2013 1:02 PM

Review by CRRRR:

For Headache: After 4 neck/disc fusions. Degeneration/ neuropathy. More pain. I couldn't take constant tension and migraine headache. My PC put me on this 3yrs ago. What a 100% help (more than morphine/long acting meds). It helps great.

July 9, 2013 12:53 PM

Review by tracy J (taken for less than 1 month):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I have been suffering from Post Concussion Syndrome for 10 months. I was a prisoner in my own house and lived like I was 80 and I am only 43. I had to stop working, driving and going anywhere that I had to stand or walk. Last week, I went to a new Neurosurgeon and he prescribed Fioricet. I take 2 tablets every 4 hours, but as soon as it gets close to that 4 hr mark the pain comes right back. Luckily, it only takes about 15-20 mins before it kicks in. I called my Dr today and said I love this medicine. I finally feel like I am claiming my life back again. My only worry is that I am going to have to stay on this medicine for the rest of my life.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2013 1:28 AM

Review by preocupada (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: Excellent for migraines. No side effects. My 15 years old also suffers from migraines and it works great for him too. Usually only one pill a day helps. Other times just two a day helps to completely get rid of severe migraine.

June 13, 2013 9:25 PM

Review by sweetpea 38:

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I have had migraines forever. I have had to go to the hospital and they would give me shots of Toradol, Phenergran and Dilaudid. It worked but it made me sick and my headache came back as soon as I finally woke-up. I had one that helped the most which was amitriptyline but I gained so much weight from it, I quit it and gave up until recently I went to the after hours clinic and they prescribed me Fioricet tablets 4 times a day for headaches. It's the best prescription ever and better it only cost 13 dollars and works 100% better.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2013 2:49 PM

Review by 5 months pregnant (taken for less than 1 month):

Fioricet (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine) for Headache: I suffered severely from tension headaches. Finally I talked to my DR, he prescribed this. Took it for the first time today, no headache but I am sleepy.

April 24, 2013 2:38 AM