Murocel eye drops
Generic Name: methylcellulose (meth-il-SEL-yoo-lose)
Brand Name: Murocel
Murocel eye drops is used for:
Treating dry eyes. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Murocel eye drops is an eye lubricant. It works by lubricating the eye.
Do NOT use Murocel eye drops if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Murocel eye drops
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Murocel eye drops:
Some medical conditions may interact with Murocel eye drops. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Murocel eye drops. However, no specific interactions with Murocel eye drops are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Murocel eye drops may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Murocel eye drops:
Use Murocel eye drops as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- To use Murocel eye drops, first, wash your hands. Tilt your head back. Using your index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Drop the medicine into the pouch and gently close your eyes. Immediately use your finger to apply pressure to the inside corner of the eye for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not blink. Remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean tissue, being careful not to touch your eye. Wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them.
- To prevent germs from contaminating your medicine, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including your eye. Keep the container tightly closed.
- Remove contact lenses before using Murocel eye drops.
- Do not use Murocel eye drops if it becomes cloudy or changes color.
- If you miss a dose of Murocel eye drops, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Murocel eye drops.
Important safety information:
- Murocel eye drops may cause temporary blurred vision. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Murocel eye drops.
- Different products may have different dosing instructions for CHILDREN on the package labeling. Follow the dosing instructions provided on the package labeling or by your doctor. If you are unsure of what dose to give a child, check with your doctor.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST- FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Murocel eye drops, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Murocel eye drops during pregnancy. It is unknown if Murocel eye drops is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast- feeding while you are using Murocel eye drops, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Murocel eye drops:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Temporary blurred vision.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); changes in vision; eye pain, redness, or irritation; severe or persistent blurred vision.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Murocel eye drops:
Store Murocel eye drops at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Keep Murocel eye drops out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Murocel eye drops, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Murocel eye drops is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Murocel eye drops or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Murocel eye drops. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Murocel eye drops. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Murocel eye drops.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.