User Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Also known as: 20/20 Tears, Adsorbotear, Akwa Tears, Altalube, Aquasite, Aquasite Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears Plus, Bion Tears, Blairex Just Tears, Celluvisc, Clear Eyes CLR, Clear Eyes Tears, Comfort Tears, Dry Eye Relief, ...show all 100 brand names

Learn more about Ocular lubricant.

Eye Dryness/Redness 21 reviews 176 medications

8.8
Summary of Ocular lubricant reviews 21 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Review by Forgot I have dry eyes! (taken for 10 years or more):

Refresh PM (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: Put one drop of a plain natural tears formula in each eye. I usually use Visine Tears. The 1/2 oz. bottle is easier to hold and control the number of drops than with the 1 oz. Next, pull down lower lid of each eye and apply 1/4 inch of a plain lubricant eye ointment. I use Refresh P.M. Do this first thing in the morning and last thing at night. You will forget you have dry eyes! Just remember in the morning to wipe off with a tissue any excess ointment under your eyes. Also, the slight blurriness after application lasts only a few seconds.

September 5, 2014 5:12 PM

Review by e.kl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: My eyes are painful if I open them too quickly. Sometimes even when just blinking, they stick closed. The Lacriserts are a God send. The only major drawback (well, minor in relation to the benefits) is that I have to remove the inserts within 10 hours or they become like a glue and actually add to the pain. But during the 10 hours it's like a miracle!

February 15, 2014 9:32 PM

Review by Dry eyes- especially at night - painful (taken for less than 1 month):

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: Using FreshKote is helping drastically. Especially At night. I would randomly wake up in the middle of the night feeling like somebody tore the skin off my cornea because my eyelids would stick to my eyes and FreshKote coat has prevented that. I am also using a humidifier at night and throughout the day in the house to keep my eyes feeling comfortable.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2013 4:48 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: I make no tears. If it were not for this insert, I would have been put on the disabled list over 10 years ago. This medicine is safe and wonderful. I love it and thank God every day for it. If not for this medication, I would never be able to leave my house because without it my eyes hurt terribly

November 6, 2013 7:16 PM

Review by JA McKay (taken for 2 to 5 years):

TheraTears (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: I had a very serious dry eye condition that showed up after all my cancer treatments were completed. I had no idea what was happening to me other than a red bubble appeared in one eye. My eye doctor suggested TheraTears 4x day plus taking nutrition product. It cleared up and to this day, I only use TheraTears in my eyes. Florida's allergy season is all year round for me and my eyes. It's great and the only drops to go in my eyes. It was suggested that I buy the individual vials as for some reason contamination is a factor I have to keep in mind for my eyes. I have not had dry eye since. Thank you TheraTears and I love the coupons.

September 24, 2013 7:49 AM

Review by Popparon (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: I have used Systane for about 9 weeks and have been experiencing severe swelling and irritation of my eyelids, including splitting of the skin and drying out of the sore areas. Have narrowed down the cause as Systane, and not blepharitis.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2013 11:00 AM

Review by MTOS (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: Systane (Long lasting) makes my eyes blurry and they stay blurry for quite a long time. However, Systane Ultra is just terrific. I have been using it for, for glaucoma with dry eyes, a couple of years now and find that it relaxes my eyes, as well as moisturizes them. The Systane (Long lasting) was purchased in error. Went back and got the Systane Ultra again and all is great. I highly recommend it for dry eye problems.

July 15, 2013 11:40 AM

Review by Get 'er Done:

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: Have been using SYSTANE on & off for a few weeks and have experienced severe redness, swelling & itching around my eyes. Couldn't figure out at first what was causing, so narrowed it down to this product, and made note WHEN I used it. Sure enough, SYSTANE seemed to be the cause. While using this eye gel and naturally blinking after it is placed in eyes, some gel gets onto the surrounding skin around the eyes, and it has caused the redness, itching & swelling. So, be aware of this side effect.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2013 7:25 AM

Review by ndnPatsy (taken for less than 1 month):

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: Immediate relief, so glad my optician gave me a sample to try.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2013 9:05 AM

Review by Dry eye no more:

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: I suffered from dry eye after having LASIK eye surgery several years ago. I tried Restasis (which didn't help) and was using Over The Counter artificial tear drops several times per day. My husband (who had just graduated from optometry school at the time) started me on Freshkote, and it has worked great. I use it twice daily, and rarely need artificial tears anymore.

March 5, 2013 4:21 PM

Review by Gigio 56 (taken for 10 years or more):

GenTeal (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: I have extremely dry eyes due to Sarcordosis. Have used GenTeal gel for many years but I have not been able to find it for at least a year. I am now trying GenTeal night-time ointment at night. I prefer the gel. The GenTeal gel has a pointed tip and is so great for day and night. I can use just a small amount during the day and it doesn't blur my vision. I have tried so many eye drops but nothing compares to the gel.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2013 10:57 PM

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: I have Sjogrens and extremely dry inflamed eyes. I have used plugs and a lot of different eye drops including Restasis. My doctor added Fresh Kote to my Restasis and Altrex. As badly as it stings, it coats my eye and has provided more relief than the plugs. Unfortunately I have to change insurance and it will not be covered, so I will have to pay for it on my own. I highly recommend you try it.

May 23, 2012 7:42 PM

Review by dryeyes in missouri:

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: I have been using Restasis drops for approx 5 years, but still suffer from severe dry eyes. My doctor gave me a sample of Fresh Kote to try. At first the stinging alarmed me, but within a few minutes my eyes felt refreshed. These are the first drops that I've actually felt some relief. I haven't had to purchase them yet, but they can't be any more expensive then Restasis drops.

February 26, 2012 10:43 AM

Tears Again (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: Tears again spray is helping heaps for dry eyes and excess tearing. Needed to use it for several days before I felt a big improvement.

December 15, 2011 5:54 AM

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: Clears my vision and great relief to dry eye condition. Slight stinging for a few seconds after application. Well worth the slight discomfort for the great benefits.

October 10, 2011 3:33 PM

Tears Again (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: I use it every night before bed.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2011 1:32 PM

Review by AngelSmiling:

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: This is the first prescription eye drops that has worked wonders for my severe dry eyes. Nothing else has worked but Fresh Kote has been a wonderful relief and it doesn't burn when I use it.

April 22, 2011 8:50 PM

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: Fresh Kote gave me relief from dryness and eye discomfort at night.

March 21, 2011 10:49 AM

Review by Bad eyes:

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: FreshKote is the only dry eye medication that actually helped in any capacity. I get terrible eye pain and this is the only medication that didn't cause more pain.

October 15, 2010 4:48 PM

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: Only medicine that relieved my very burning, painful eyes.

September 19, 2009 7:34 PM

Review by taimaishu:

TheraTears (ocular lubricant) for Eye Dryness/Redness: I had used numerous other eye drops in the course of 3 years prior to being diagnosed with Sjorgen's Syndrome. The only succesful drops were the Theratears (single usage-no preservatives). Unfortunately it has been just in the past 8 months or so that I have not been able to purchase this product at any drug store located in South Central Ontario Canada. Once again I needed to try some other drops that where accessible to me. No success and much frustration. I decided to take the big step and order on-line directly from the company. (Never thought I would do something like this but I was desparate) Thank you ever so much for shipping this product because it is indeed a life saver. Thank you Theratears.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate