How many days should I take Zithromax? Is it ok to take it for three days?

You should take Zithromax for as long as your doctor has instructed you to take it for. Stopping treatment early may result in the bacterial infection returning. The length of time Zithromax is prescribed will depend on the type of infection being treated and the severity.

Recommended dosage for Zithromax
ADULTS
Pneumonia, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Tonsillitis, Strep Throat, and Skin Infections

The usual dose of Zithromax is 500 milligrams in a single dose the first day. This is followed by 250 milligrams once daily for the next 4 days. Alternatively, patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease may be prescribed 500 milligrams a day for 3 days.

Sinus Infection

The usual dose of Zithromax is 500 milligrams once a day for 3 days.

Genital Ulcer Disease

The usual dose is a single gram (1,000 milligrams) one time only.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

The usual dose is a single 2-gram (2,000 milligrams) dose.