Can you fail a drug test taking naproxen?

Naproxen is an nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drug and is not a controlled substance so therefore should not cause you to fail a drug screen.

lilmama83 12 Apr 2011

ok thanks!!!

bipolar4life 13 Apr 2011

TY (((((((((((((((((((((((((((DzooBaby))))))))))))))))))))))))
u lightened things up
lol janymak ia m just feel so less alone u know what I mean?

Anonymous

Naproxen (Aleve) - Can cause false positive for THC (marijuana).-

Click on the link and see for yourself.-

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pharmaceuticals-2456/f/False-positive-drug-tests.htm

Take care.-

actually Naproxen is just really Aleve my pharm... told me i had to take it for swelling in my knee and he told me to just buy aleve? so no u wont fail
lol janymak

Anonymous 13 Apr 2011

If maso said you can fail for THC, then I would believe it!!! He knows his stuff!
TH

bipolar4life 13 Apr 2011

u can believe what u want to believe nobosdy is stopping u this is my opinion remember everyone is not a medical professional of advice especially me
have a good day
lol sis janymak

I took a drug test yesterday and it tested for THC. I DO NOT SMOKE AND THE ONLY THING I TOOK WAS NAPROXEN. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW HEAD ACHE MEDS CAN DO THAT. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ;-)

srgore71 6 Nov 2013

Do not feel bad, I took a drug test today and came up positive foe THC. I am on prescription strength Ibuprofen and naproxen, and I do not take any illegal drugs period. Employers are really becoming cheap when it comes to urinary drug test. The specimen test they performed on me cost $4.75 cents. How accurate can being cheap actually be!!! If my test were sent to a lab, I would of passed it no problem because when you list the medications you are currently taking, it helps the lab tech compare the two meds to the actual cannabinoids found in using marijuana.