Will ranitidine cause you to fail a drug test?

I suspect it could. Other medications like it have. These drug tests are not accurate, and many prescriptions and otc meds can cause false positives, not to mention food.

Anonymous

Rantidine - Can Cause False Positives For Amphetamines.-

Take care,

masso.-

Yes absolutely ranitidine can cause a false positive for meth. i recently failed a urine test. Said i used meth. Not possible! I took 1 ranitidine 150mg about two and a half hours before my drug screen. The only other drugs i took were ibuprofen and rolaids. I really dislike all medication. Thankfully my employer allowed a confirmation test. A hair test proved my innocence. Still it cost me several hundred dollars in lost wages. Personally i will choose to suffer the unbearable stomach pain rather than risk my job again.

Miss_Jes5ica0414 16 Oct 2013

I am going to agree... I am 7 months pregnant and I have been taking ranitidine 2-3 daily because how bad my stomach burns and my docotors office just called me telling me I tested positive for methanphetmine !!! IMPOSSIBLE! But I also found this information on another website about it making her fail for meth too!!!

jeffrothegreat1 11 Mar 2015

listen to this person they are very very right and i know cause today it happend to me and i almost crapped myself 3/11/2015

I am almost 7 months pregnant and my doctor had me start taking zantac and I had to drop for my po and it came back positive I have not done any drugs and freaked thinking the mixed up my pee with someone else's so yes it can