Amlodipine/Benazepril - Does this medication cause coughing?

Yes, my cardiologist actually told me that it could cause a persistent cough and to contact him to try a different medication if it bothered me.

Yes, Amlodipine and Benazepril can cause a cough. The cough is more due to the benazapril (ACE inhibitor)

Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Amlodipine/Benazepril:

Dizziness or lightheadedness when sitting or standing; headache; persistent, dry cough; swelling of the hands or feet.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Amlodipine/Benazepril:

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; infection (fever, sore throat); irregular or slow heartbeat; yellowing of the skin or eyes.

Daphne43 31 Oct 2009

Thanks for the info!