Claritin-D 12 Hour
Dosage form: tablet, extended release
Ingredients: Loratadine 5mg, pseudoephedrine sulfate 120mg
Labeler: MSD Consumer Care, Inc.
NDC Code: 11523-7162
|Active ingredient (in each tablet)||Purpose|
|Loratadine 5 mg||Antihistamine|
|Pseudoephedrine sulfate 120 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- itchy, watery eyes
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
When using this product do not take more than directed.
Taking more than directed may cause drowsiness.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by a fever
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not divide, crush, chew or dissolve the tablet
|adults and children 12 years and over||1 tablet every 12 hours; not more than 2 tablets in 24 hours|
|children under 12 years of age||ask a doctor|
|consumers with liver or kidney disease||ask a doctor|
- each tablet contains: calcium 30 mg
- safety sealed: do not use if the individual blister unit imprinted with Claritin-D® 12 Hour is open or torn
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- keep in a dry place
croscarmellose sodium, dibasic calcium phosphate, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium sterarate, pharmaceutical ink, povidone, titanium dioxide
1-800-CLARITIN (1-800-252-7484) or www.claritin.com
© Copyright & Distributed by MSD Consumer Care, Inc., PO Box 377,
Memphis, TN 38151 USA, a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.,
Whitehouse Station, NJ USA.
pseudoephedrine sulfate 120 mg/nasal decongestant
loratadine 5 mg/antihistamine
Indoor & Outdoor Allergies
Allergy & Congestion
Nasal & Sinus Congestion
Due to Colds or Allergies
Sneezing; Runny Nose;
Itchy, Watery Eyes;
Itchy Throat or Nose
Due to Allergies
*When taken as directed. See Drug Facts Panel.
loratadine and pseudoephedrine sulfate tablet, extended release
|Labeler - MSD Consumer Care, Inc. (968091715)|
- Claritin (5 labels)
- Claritin-D 12 Hour
- Claritin-D 24 Hour (2 labels)
- Claritin Liqui-Gels
- Claritin Reditabs (2 labels)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.