EXCEDRIN Tension Headache
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg, CAFFEINE 65mg
Labeler: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 0067-2045
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Caffeine 65 mg
• temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
• headache • muscular aches
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
• more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
• with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart beat.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- liver disease
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- any new symptoms occur
- painful area is red or swollen
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours; not more than 8 caplets in 24 hours
- store at controlled room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- read all product information before using. Keep this box for important information.
benzoic acid, carnauba wax, D&C red # 27 lake, D&C yellow # 10 lake, FD&C blue # 1 lake, FD&C red # 40, hypromellose, light mineral oil, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, simethicone emulsion, sorbitan monolaurate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0622
Visit us at www.excedrin.com
acetaminophine, caffeine tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. (879821635)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.