FDA Approves Avastin
Avastin Approved for treatment for Metastatic Colorectal CancerAvastin (bevacizumab) is a recombinant humanized monoclonal IgG1 antibody which in combination with intravenous 5-fluorouracil-based chemotherapy, is indicated for first- or second-line treatment of patients with metastatic carcinoma of the colon or rectum.
Posted: February 2004
- FDA Approves Avastin for the Most Common Type of Kidney Cancer - August 3, 2009
- FDA Grants Accelerated Approval of Avastin for Brain Cancer (Glioblastoma) That Has Progressed Following Prior Therapy - May 6, 2009
- FDA Grants Accelerated Approval of Avastin in Combination With Paclitaxel Chemotherapy for First-Line Treatment of Advanced HER2-Negative Breast Cancer - February 25, 2008
- FDA Approves Avastin in Combination With Chemotherapy for First-Line Treatment of Most Common Type of Lung Cancer - October 11, 2006
- Avastin Filed in US for Treatment of Most Common Form of Lung Cancer - April 12, 2006