RyzoltTreatment for Pain
Update: Ryzolt Now FDA Approved - December 30, 2008
FDA Accepts Labopharm's Response for Once-Daily Tramadol as Complete Class 2 Response
FDA Assigns PDUFA Date of January 2, 2009
LAVAL, QC, July 17, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Labopharm Inc. today announced that the response that it submitted to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on July 2, 2008, including the additional analysis of existing data as suggested by the Agency, has been accepted as a complete, Class 2 response. The action date assigned by the FDA under the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) is January 2, 2009.
About Labopharm's Once-Daily Tramadol Product
Labopharm's once-daily tramadol product is based on the Company's proprietary Contramid(R) technology, which provides a dual matrix delivery system allowing both rapid and sustained drug release that maintains blood levels within the therapeutic range providing a full 24 hours of pain relief. The Company believes that maintaining drug concentrations within the therapeutic range has the advantage of fewer and less severe side effects while maintaining efficacy. Under its global commercialization program, Labopharm's once-daily tramadol product has been launched in 12 countries, including the five largest markets in Europe and Canada and is approved in 18 other countries. Including those countries in which its product has been launched, Labopharm has licensing and distribution agreements in place for more than 50 markets globally.
About Labopharm Inc.
Labopharm is an emerging leader in optimizing the performance of existing small molecule drugs using its proprietary controlled-release technologies. The Company's lead product, a unique once-daily formulation of tramadol, is being commercially launched in key markets globally. The Company also has a robust pipeline of follow-on products in both pre-clinical and clinical development. Labopharm's vision is to become an integrated, international, specialty pharmaceutical company with the capability to internally develop and commercialize its own products. For more information, please visit www.labopharm.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, which reflect the Company's current expectations regarding future events. The forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Actual events could differ materially from those projected herein and depend on a number of factors, including the uncertainties related to the regulatory process in various countries for the approval of the Company's products and the successful commercialization of the products throughout the world if they are approved. Investors should consult the Company's ongoing quarterly filings and annual reports for additional information on risks and uncertainties relating to these forward-looking statements. The reader is cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. The Company disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
CONTACT: At Labopharm: Mark D'Souza, Senior Vice-President and ChiefFinancial Officer, Tel: (450) 686-0207; At The Equicom Group: Jason Hogan,Media and Investor Relations, Tel: (416) 815-0700, ;French: Joe Racanelli, Tel: (514) 844-7997, firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Ticker Symbol: (Toronto:DDS),(NASDAQ-NMS:DDSS)
Terms and conditions of use apply
Copyright © 2008 PR Newswire Association LLC. All rights reserved.
A United Business Media Company
Posted: July 2008
- Labopharm Announces FDA Approval of Once-Daily Ryzolt for Moderate to Moderately Severe Chronic Pain - December 31, 2008
- Labopharm Submits Complete Response to FDA as a Result of Outcome of Appeal Process for Once-Daily Tramadol - July 3, 2008
- Labopharm Receives Response from FDA Regarding its Once-Daily Tramadol Product - June 30, 2008
- Labopharm Appeals FDA's Decision on Once-Daily Tramadol to Next Supervisory Level After Additional Analysis Supports Efficacy - April 1, 2008
- Labopharm Receives FDA Response to Recent Appeal of Approvable Letter For Once-Daily Tramadol - January 24, 2008
- Labopharm Appeals FDA's Decision on Once-Daily Tramadol - October 15, 2007
- Labopharm Provides Update on U.S. Regulatory Process for Once-Daily Tramadol - September 25, 2007
- Labopharm Meets with FDA to Discuss Second Approvable Letter for Once-daily Tramadol - June 29, 2007
- Labopharm Receives Second Approvable Letter from FDA for Once-Daily Tramadol - June 1, 2007