ProvengeTreatment for Prostate Cancer
Update: Provenge Now FDA Approved - April 29, 2010
Prostate Cancer Patients, Survivors and Advocates Assemble on Capitol Hill to Rally against FDA's Non Approval of Provenge
(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 1, 2007 - ProvengeNow:
Who: Prostate cancer patients, survivors, physicians and advocates have formed a coalition called ProvengeNow to fight the recent decision by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to delay the approval of Provenge. Jan Manarite of the Prostate Cancer Research Institute (PCRI) and Raise A Voice is coordinating the rally and speakers will include: Thomas A. Farrington, a Prostate Cancer survivor and President & CEO of the Prostate Health Education Network (PHEN); Jim Kiefert Chairman of the Board, Us TOO!; and Dr. Mark A. Moyad M.D., M.P.H., University of Michigan Medical Center.
What: ProvengeNow coalition members, patients, physicians and advocates will assemble on Capitol Hill to petition Congress and rally against the recent FDA decision to delay approval of Provenge, a first of its kind cancer vaccine that would extend survival and increase the quality of life for late stage cancer patients. Hundreds of supporters are expected to attend including members of prostate cancer advocate groups, Us TOO!, Prostate Health Education Network (PHEN),Prostate Cancer Research Institute(PCRI), Survivors Celebration, Raise A Voice and Patient Advocates for Advanced Cancer Treatments (PAACT).
When: Monday June 4, 2007 at 10:00 A.M.
Where: Upper Senate Park (adjacent to the Russell Senate Office Building), Capitol Hill, Washington D.C.
(1) Photo opportunities available as rally participants march from Union Station to Upper Senate Park, beginning at 9:30 AM
ProvengeNow Coalition Members include Us TOO, Prostate Health Education Network (PHEN), Prostate Cancer Research Institute (PCRI), Survivors Celebration, Raise A Voice and Patient Advocates for Advanced Cancer Treatments (PAACT). Dr. Mark A. Moyad, M.D., M.P.H. is the Director and leader of the group of medical supporters including physicians and researchers.
Dhakir Warren, 617-423-0040
Prostate Cancer Research Institute
Jan Manarite, 239-395-0995
Posted: June 2007
- FDA Approves Provenge - a Cellular Immunotherapy for Men With Advanced Prostate Cancer - April 29, 2010
- Dendreon Receives FDA Acknowledgement of Complete Response for Provenge - November 22, 2009
- Dendreon Completes Submission of Biologics License Application for Provenge - November 2, 2009
- D.C. Denies Prostate Cancer Vaccine, Provenge: Dendreon (WA) Not FDA To Blame - July 30, 2007
- Dendreon Announces FDA Confirms Data Required for Provenge Licensure - May 31, 2007
- Dendreon Receives Complete Response Letter From FDA for Provenge Biologics License Application - May 9, 2007
- Dendreon Announces FDA Advisory Committee Reviewed Provenge for Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer - March 30, 2007
- Dendreon to Hold Post Advisory Committee Conference Call for Provenge - March 27, 2007
- Dendreon Announces FDA's Cellular, Tissue and Gene Therapies Advisory Committee to Review Provenge for the Treatment of Asymptomatic, Metastatic, Androgen-Independent Prostate Cancer - March 1, 2007
- Dendreon’s Provenge Granted FDA Priority Review - January 16, 2007
- Dendreon Completes Submission of Biologics License Application to FDA for Provenge in Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer - November 13, 2006
- Dendreon Submits Clinical and Non-Clinical Sections of Rolling BLA to FDA for Provenge - August 24, 2006
- Dendreon Announces Plans to Submit BLA - September 14, 2005