Generic name: chlorhexidine gluconate
Dosage form: mouthwash
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Peridex safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Peridex.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Peridex therapy should be initiated directly following a dental prophylaxis. Patients using Peridex should be reevaluated and given a thorough prophylaxis at intervals no longer than six months. Recommended use is twice daily oral rinsing for 30 seconds, morning and evening after toothbrushing. Usual dosage is 15ml (marked in cap) of undiluted Peridex. Patients should be instructed to not rinse with water or other mouthwashes, brush teeth or eat immediately after using Peridex. Peridex is not intended for ingestion and should be expectorated after rinsing.
- Peridex Side Effects
- Chlorhexidine Topical dosage information
- Denti-Care Denti-Rinse (chlorhexidine gluconate) oral rinse dosage information
- Periochip (chlorhexidine gluconate) insert, extended release dosage information
- PerioGard (chlorhexidine gluconate) oral rinse dosage information
- Scrub Care (chlorhexidine gluconate) topical solution dosage information