Generic name: rasburicase
Dosage form: injection
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Elitek safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Elitek.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
â€‹The recommended dose of Elitek is 0.2 mg/kg as a 30 minute intravenous infusion daily for up to 5 days. Dosing beyond 5 days or administration of more than one course is not recommended.
- Elitek must be reconstituted with the diluent provided in the carton.
- Reconstitute the 1.5 mg vial of Elitek with 1 mL of diluent. Reconstitute the 7.5 mg vial of Elitek with 5 mL of diluent. Mix by swirling gently. Do not shake or vortex.
- Inspect reconstituted Elitek visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration. Discard solution if particulate matter is visible or product is discolored.
Further Dilution and Administration
- Do not administer Elitek as a bolus injection.
- Inject the calculated dose of reconstituted Elitek solution into an infusion bag containing the appropriate volume of 0.9% sterile sodium chloride, to achieve a final total volume of 50 mL.
- Infuse over 30 minutes through a separate line or flush line with at least 15 mL of normal saline prior to and after Elitek infusion.
- Do not use filters during reconstitution or infusion of Elitek.
- Store reconstituted or diluted solution at 2–8°C.
- Discard unused product solution 24 hours following reconstitution.