Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 462 reviews 102 medications

7.6
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 462 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Zolpidem

Review by Daughter123456:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: My father who has a neurological disorder was taking ambien and my family had 2 terrifying experiences. The first time my dad got up and fell several times and was completly unresponsive, he could not speak and we had thought that he had a stroke. Next time he took it I woke up in the middle of the night to a huge bang finding him in the kitchen with a gash on his forehead. The even scarier thing is he never recalled any of these things. I'm not sure on the dosage but I don't recommend to anyone!

May 6, 2015 12:31 AM

Review by Mama karima 2015:

For Insomnia: My son who is 16 years was given this medication and it worked very well with Seroquel 25 mg at night. This has saved the life of our family. Such a beautiful thing to see my very hyperactive son sleeping deeply.

May 2, 2015 1:14 PM

Review by etherealmoon (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Helps put my mind in a blank slate. My mind is constantly running all the time, everyday. When nighttime approaches, I can't shut my mind off. I have a fear of initially sleeping. I also use it for nights of when I have really bad anxiety, depression, or panic. It calms me down, and soothes me. I no longer have any worries. It helps me get to sleep easy, and really sedates me. I love those aspects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2015 12:43 AM

Review by RanOutOfSheepToCount (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I was in a horrible car crash Sept. 7th 2014, I was air cared to UC, I was in ICU for 9 days and remained hospitalized 3 months. I never used to have trouble going to sleep but since my accident I will lay in bed hours, on really bad nights sometimes its all night, with my eyes closed trying to fall asleep but I just can't. I believe being on a dilaudid drip for so long during my hospital stay then morphine and oxycodone for a while plays a big role in my sudden insomnia, also I was diagnosed with GAD 6 years ago which I'm sure sometimes adds to my trouble sleeping. ZzzQuil or Benadryl helped some at first but now neither help at all. Finally was given Zolpidem 10mg and I LOVE it, I fall asleep and sleep all night. Definitely recommend it!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2015 9:09 PM

Review by auntie maureen (taken for 10 years or more):

For Insomnia: I take Ambien once a night...so long as I don't eat 2 hours or less before I take it...it seems to work great. I get a good 9 hours sleep. If I eat after I take it then it only makes me sleepy..not enough to fall asleep. So I don't eat before or after and I have great results. When I first started taking Ambien, I had bad dreams and nightmare. I even sleep walk and drive and did not remember a thing...but that stopped about 2 years after taking them..scary! You have to control the medicine..not let it control you. I've been taking since 1997 and still taking them.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2015 12:55 AM

Review by Taytay5:

For Insomnia: I have been taking zolpidem and it works very well can you order it online

April 20, 2015 9:25 AM

Review by LittleJoey (taken for less than 1 month):

For Insomnia: 2-3hrs sleep per night for the last 2mths. Took 10mg Zolpidem last night and had a full 8hrs of uninterrupted sleep. Slight headache today but other than that feel great.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 8:26 AM

Review by winston the wonder PUPPY (taken for less than 1 month):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Awesome. I have terrible insomnia. This helps me get a decent nights rest as I care for a disabled parent=bedbownd and wheelchair. I get a good nights sleep and both of our days are more productive.

April 11, 2015 3:32 AM

Review by Jessicaxoxo:

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: This is the only thing that I have tried that helps me sleep a full 8 hours. I love this medication. I have had no sleep walking and I have not done anything that I can't remember. The only side effects I have had are just feeling a little tired during the day and increased appetite. I would definitely recommend this medication to people with insomnia.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2015 8:30 AM

Review by vandekamp (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Works great

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2015 3:01 PM

Review by Marty922 (taken for less than 1 month):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: No sleep as yet, 10mg Ambien last night 20 tonight! Last night I fell asleep after about 4 hours (normal for me with or without meds) I woke up fealing really rather strange, lethargic almost. Passes after 2-3hours with coffee! tonight on 20mg it's been 3 hours so far! Light headache very restless.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2015 8:55 PM

Review by AshleyD14:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I went from working nights (3:30pm-12:00am) to working 7am-3:30. I would keep thinking all night and I couldn't shut my brain off. I have always had problems with insomnia, so much so that some times I would stay up for days at a time. I was prescribed Ambien by my doctor and I started taking it at night. It worked. The first time I took it I started hallucinating. I saw two of everything and I couldn't hold my head up. I woke up and felt fine. So I kept taking it. Slowly I started getting very sad as I woke up. I thought about doing terrible things to myself. After being awake for a couple hours I was fine. This drug made me very depressed. I never abused this medication. I was very careful. Effects are different for everyone.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2015 1:28 PM

Review by LTrain (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have never experienced any hallucinogenic side effects from this drug, but I admit I've developed a nasty dependency to 100 mgs/night. It is the only sleep aid that doesn't give me cotton mouth or drowsiness the next day and works like a charm every single time. Nothing even comes close to its effectiveness. Note: It IS imperative that you take it at once you are in bed and ready to sleep. After that you aren't going anywhere, no sleep walking, driving or binge eating.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 5:50 AM

Review by KimAMS:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: This medicine helped me to fall asleep after a solid week without sleep. However, I did not stay asleep. Going to try Lunesta tonight.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 5:35 PM

Review by LizaS73:

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been on regular Ambien 10mg since 2007. I have major insomnia and have tried alternatives and even quit drinking caffeine and limit sugar to no avail. I talked to my doctor yesterday and decided to try the CR because I just couldn't stay asleep. After 3-4 hours I was wide awake. Well last night I had the most vivid dreams and still groggy this morning. It definitely helped me fall back asleep. (I pee a lot lol) I am glad I waited until the weekend to see how it would affect me. I took it at 8:30p and it's almost 9a and I feel slightly hungover. I'm going to try it again tonight, but sleeping through the night might not be worth it. I can't believe some reviews say it's not affective because it immediately made me sleepy!

March 14, 2015 9:50 PM

Review by jerseyjim (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Due to a painful disability the only way to sleep is with the use of Ambien. I give Ambien a two thumbs up, AAA , it works terrific for me.

February 11, 2015 12:39 AM

Review by Debbieformola:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien every night for a over 20 years. I am a nurse and it's very difficult to work swing shift and teach yourself to sleep whenever ..esp if you suffer from insomnia. I have had insomnia since a child, probably sleep walking. Sleep eating prior to taking the medicine. Now that I have it ..my life has improved 200 percent .No one can imaging how disturbing it is to lie in bed for 8 hours wide awake ...knowing you have work soon. When I first took it, I was groggy in the morning ..but now as long as I get 8 hours I wake up feeling awake and amazing ..never grew a tolerance for it. Always works. I will say when I had children under 5 ..I would never take it ...not safe ..when you are caring for others .this med saved me.

February 1, 2015 7:58 PM

Review by coxysmelons93 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: Truly the only thing (bar Mirtazapine at one point) that has ever worked for my severe (sometimes up 1-2 entire nights in a row) and chronic insomnia (nearly a decade). It doesn't make me as drowsy in the morning as Mirtazapine which is great because then I can have a more normal sleeping pattern. I do have some really weird kind of scary side effects including minor hallucinations (like stuff moving round the room, person on a poster looked like they were dancing, face shapes in curtains swaying etc.) and feeling a bit high. However, even with these side effects it is still worth it if nothing else has worked.

January 24, 2015 1:33 PM

Review by craftygrammy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: It works to put me asleep, too well! I was told by my husband that I was doing stuff I don't remember doing. One time I became sexually aggressive and last night, I didn't recognize my husband and was doing stuff totally off the wall. I will not be taking it again!

January 21, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by JaiCeeEmm:

For Insomnia: This medication has been extremely effective for me with minimal side effects, but I must have time for at least 8 hours of sleep

January 21, 2015 11:45 AM

Review by LouLaBell:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Ditto on rebound sleepless when discontinued. I have done very strange things with no memory including taking additional Ambien. It has helped me sleep when under extreme stress but watch out. Now I am trying to learn how to sleep naturally.

January 13, 2015 10:59 PM

Review by Quaalude (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Works splendidly when first prescribed but over time loses it's effectiveness and one develops a tolerance to it's effectiveness. Due to it's short half-life in the body, it peters out quite quickly ( /- 2 hours). Would not recommend long-term treatment with this medicine (>6 months).

January 9, 2015 6:48 PM

Review by dhubr:

Zolpimist (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have used it on and off for years. It works SO fast. Get in bed then spray it. Downside is that it tastes really bad but the taste is gone if you drink water afterwards. It also is very useful for traveling and plane rides that are over 4 hrs. It is approved if you only can get 4 hours of sleep. So sometimes when I fly I will spray this and sleep for my 5.5hr plane ride.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 4:28 AM

Review by Penmagic:

For Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien/zolpidem for years. It is reasonably effective but I found that there are differences between generic manufacturers making some more effective than others. For example, the generic I found was effective was manufactured by Mylan; that manufactured by Torrent is only about 40% effective. I have had many literally sleepless nights when the Rx was filled with the Torrent variant.

December 25, 2014 11:44 PM

Review by jeffreydbrown (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Extremely effective until I developed a tolerance. Unfortunately, it was accompanied by "sleep-shopping" on Ebay.

December 20, 2014 10:14 AM