User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 559 reviews 110 medications

7.5
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 559 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My psychiatrist prescribed me 5mg of Ambien to help with insomnia. I take it 3-5 nights a week (typically 3) and found it very helpful in the beginning. Now, I can take it and not feel a thing. I have considered asking my psychiatrist for a slightly higher dosage."

Sleepless in the Midwest May 1, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've always had issues falling asleep so I started taking this pill a couple months or a year ago. The first month or two it helped me fall asleep and wake up early - simple as that, no problems. After a while I started to build up a tolerance (I guess) and I couldn't really fall asleep when I took it. If I unintentionally stayed up for more than ~3 hours after I took the pill I would start getting weird side effects. Like I felt like I was going crazy. The worst was when I was trying to sleep it felt like 'ghost' hands were touching my body or something...crazy...I know. In addition, I would find my self looking at weird shit on the internet, or thinking strange thoughts. Most of the time I took the pill I would have gaps in my memory."

Not a fan April 28, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have had a great experience with this medicine. I sleep through the night on it, wake up rested and free of any hangover, and it doesn't knock me out like benedryl does. I feel like I get a natural sleep. I've never experienced the night time issues that some have mentioned and have never experienced nightmares or vivid dreams as I have with other medicines."

Wes79 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 22, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Have bad insomnia. Been on Ambien for 10 years now. I decreased my dose to only 3 mg about 5 years ago. All I need is to get to sleep. Anxiety prevents that. So Ambien works great for me. I have never had any bad effects at all with this drug. No after effects. Wake up refreshed. I have had instances where it doesn't work, if I am in a bad anxious state. But usually I take it right before bed. I don't delay at all because it is pretty fast working. Hope and pray there are no long term effects like Alzheimers. So far I have no memory problems. I am 74. I need sleep. It's that simple. Feel awful when I don't sleep. I do try not to take it every night. Go off for days in between. Try and go weeks if I can. So far that's working for me."

hilborn (taken for 10 years or more) April 22, 2016

For Insomnia: "Great"

Pooh225 April 20, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It works and it's ability hasn't diminished with use or time. I can get to sleep every single time I take this drug and it always only takes 2 pills. That is a lot more than I can say for any sleep drug I've ever taken. The downside is that if I don't go to sleep as soon as I feel it kick in, I will do some very, very strange things that I can only slightly remember if I remember at all."

ihavemigraines (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

For Insomnia: "Do NOT drive after taking Zopiclone. You get several second blackouts constantly. Highly hazardious to do anything that could be dangerious after taking. Also I recommend not drinking alcohol at all when taking, heart might punch out of beat, and skips or beats out of rhythm. That is with the tablets and half a bottle of wine. Serious drug, but works for the purpose."

Tobi SWE April 17, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I took Ambien awhile back for insomnia. Within 20 minutes I was out. Woke up refreshed after 6 - 8 hours. Caution: for me, it was addicting and I could not sleep without it. Also for me, I would not remember activities I may or may not have done the night before. Unplug your phone, you may regret who you call and the conversation you had. I cannot take Ambien for those reasons, but it did work for getting to sleep!"

Knocked Out April 14, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've been taking ambien for over 6 years. It helps me sleep and I can sleep 6 hrs and felt like I slept 10 hrs only bad thing is once commit to taking ambien I can't be bothered cuz I won't remember so I usually lock my self down but it is a very helpful drug"

Chucky1508 March 31, 2016

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien has been hit or miss for me. When it works it's bliss! 2 out of 3 days it doesn't work well. The CR is supposed to help me stay asleep but at best I get 4-6 hours of sleep. It's not the greatest sleep - I fall off and wake up frequently without feeling I've slept, but it's better than staring at the ceiling till dawn. It's expensive!"

muDraconis March 30, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Wow, I guess I'm in the minority because I found that Ambien was completely worthless for me. I tried 5mg, 10mg, & even 15mg & never could fall asleep. Didn't even feel tired. Seriously, it was like a sugar pill. I don't know why so many people like this stuff...I guess my brain is different from everyone else's...story of my life!"

Chronic Insomniac (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

For Insomnia: "I slept drove while taking this medication it ended up in a very bad situation."

Dawnsquest (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've been sick for the past week, and because of that I cut out my nightly glass of brandy - figured it was time to start cutting out certain unhealthy vices. I primarily used the brandy as a sleep aid right before bed (just one glass). Since doing so, however, I've been waking up several times a night. So, I asked my mom if I could take a small piece of one of her Ambien - about 1/4 of a pill. After about 15 minutes my eyelids were heavy, and I don't remember actually going to sleep. It's more like I just blacked out. Today (the morning after) I didn't wake up until after 11 a.m. Just for context, I went to bed around 11 p.m. As I write this, it is almost 4 p.m. and I'm still extremely groggy and lethargic, along with dehydrated and cranky"

Stephanie W. (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "This medicine works very well for me. I take 7.5mg. of this. I am prescribed 1 or 2 at bedtime. Before, I was taking 5mg. of regular Ambien. I would fall asleep rather quickly, but I always wake up around 2 or 3 am for the bathroom. Then, I could never go back to sleep. When I went back to my doctor, she changed it to the extended release. Now when I get up during the night, I'm able to get back to sleep. I always allow myself enough time to sleep off the medication, even if it means taking it and going to bed early. I allow myself 10 hours. I feel rested when I get up and have coffee. The only side effect I've experienced is I sometimes wake myself up talking.** I would not take this med. with nerve pills or drink alcohol."

Chickiewowow March 21, 2016

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have chronic insomnia from fibromyalgia and severe back pain. I've been taking the generic Zolpidem XR for years and it always seemed to work. For some reason, it stopped working for me about 3 months ago. I never had any side effect. No memory loss, sleepwalking or anything else and though always q restless sleeper causing me to wake every time I turn over, from the pain, I could always fall right back asleep and wake refreshed. Not sure what to take now since its lost its efficacy, but while it worked, it was fabulous. Trying Temazepam but it's like taking a placebo. No effect at all."

Mikisunshine (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 18, 2016

Intermezzo (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Very fast acting, very effective, and does not make you as drowsy the next day. Have experienced some dizziness the following day, but nothing serious."

Doug PA (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was prescribed Ambien following an accident I had at work, I couldn't sleep due to extreme pain in lower back. I've been using 5mg for the past 5 yrs. Craziest stuff I've ever done in my life while on Ambien was order some exercising CD's at 4am and not remembering the next morning what I had done, like I had been in the twilight zone. Trying to cancel stuff that I ordered and explain to these telemarketers that I'm on medication and don't recall what I even say prompted me to lock my credit cards at night. I'd rather get 4-5 hrs of sleep than no sleep at all. My lower back pain remains low, mild exercise no hot abs for me."

ViAnSu2016 March 7, 2016

For Insomnia: "I've been taking ambien (generic teva) brand for the past 5 years. It works best when you take it on an empty stomach, meaning no food for a couple hours( if you take it with food or after you eat it won't work as well). I prefer to break mine into pieces in my mouth. I feel it works faster that way. Ambien has a very short half life so this medicine is good at getting you to sleep but not necessarily keeping you asleep for more than a few hours. When I was really depressed I would take 5mg to fall asleep then I'd wake up 4-5 hours later being wide awake and I'd take the other half."

alex05cubs (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 6, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Simple, I started taking Ambien in 2001 when it was prescribed for me by my orthopedic MD for a swollen knee so I could sleep, then I found out it was not habit forming, other than psychological. I am a professor and I have trouble shutting down my mind at night. I have used it daily since that time, never have needed more than 5-10mg, never sleep walk, do my best work in the morning at my office before classes, have gone a few days when I have run out and am not somewhere I can refill. Doesn't worry me, I just accept I am not going to sleep well and I don't, but I sleep some. I don't get anxious about it. I am now 71, still teaching full time, no sign of weak bones. Why on earth would I want to stop taking Ambien?"

Nax February 19, 2016

For Insomnia: "I took ambien on and off for several years. My pharmacy just filled and they gave my one made by teva - theirs do not work at all. Afraid to double on dose"

LeeD0326 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 11, 2016

For Insomnia: "I get very relaxed and tired, fall asleep, but I sleepwalk out to kitchen and eat Food. I also do other things in my sleep, but never anything dangerous.."

Janelibal (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was diagnosed with Chronic Insomnia about 5 months ago. Doctor prescribed Ambien. It works wonders. I discovered that for me, once I take it, I cannot communicate on any social media websites, because the next day when I go back and read what I wrote, it's a bunch of gibberish. My routine, I take an Ambien, get in the bed and read a little, before I know it, I'm waking up in the morning not realizing I even feel asleep. My only issue is, the pills are prescribed in bottles of 21 pills, one bottle with two additional refills. If I don't schedule my follow - up Sleep Appointment right, I'll be stuck with a few days with no medicine like I am now while typing this, lol. It is after 12 am and I'm WIDE AWAKE."

SleeplessInSanAntonio February 8, 2016

For Insomnia: "I have been taking Ambien or its generic since it first came out in samples at my doctors office. I quickly graduated from 5 mg to 10mg and have been on it ever since. The brief period of time that my insurance didn't cover it, there was no relief for me. They tried tranxene (pharmacist said insurance co recommended) and that was a joke. I too am a chronic insomniac with chronic migraines and no sleep equals migraine. 2 years ago my family Dr cut me back to 5mg ( due to the " women shouldn't take 10mg) insomnia and migraines raged to new limits. returned to 10mg. Even during my brief hospital stays over the past few years, the nurses do NOT need to put a bed alarm etc on me because I suffer from ZERO side effects. This is a lifesaver"

ms_optical (taken for 10 years or more) February 6, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've been taking Ambien (10mg) off and on for years. It tends to stop working if I start taking it too often, so I have to take breaks from it periodically. That's the only negative thing I have to say about it. When it works, it works perfectly and I've experienced no side effects."

Serene Celine (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2016

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It is a good cure long as you don't abuse your meds and it will help your sleeping. No problems. Simple as that. Night all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016