User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 474 reviews 105 medications

7.6
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 474 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Be aware take this medication and immediately lay down !!!!!the first night I took this medication I was up apparently I don't remember !!!!so I was told, serving myself a shot ,eating, requested weird sexual favors,and was having conversations and answering myself,and had no memory of all these fun festivies the next day,lol,thanks ambien,lesson learned my boyfriend had a blast though!!!!!!!"

Anonymous June 23, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: " Really wonderful"

Dr. Brian (taken for 10 years or more) June 16, 2015

For Insomnia: "Have had sleep issues for yrs. 72 yrs old male. Sober 32 yrs. was prescribed 5 mg at first, but was made aware that it could be addictive. Was desperate... Have been taking 10 mg nightly for three months. Seems to help a lot, but learned quickly not to be on the phone etc after taking the drug one hour later. Say stupid things and do not remember."

pianoart65 June 14, 2015

Intermezzo (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I work nights and need the sleep during the day. I no longer feel like a Zombie as I am getting some solid sleep."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed this medication 10g for my serious illness of anxiety I used to be so anxious I would feel sick at night and not being able to sleep in days. This medication has help me to sleep within a hour taking it I do wake up at 4.30- 5 every time I take it but fall back to sleep quite quickly. Only problem is that it does make me super drowsy in the morning.. Next time I take it I'll try only using 5 mg instead of 10 mg to stop the drowsiness. Other then that it has saved me life!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've been taking this medication on and off for over 3 years, and it has worked wonderfully. Just a third or half of a 5mg pill works for me. I have not experienced any side effects, but do go right to bed once I take the pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2015

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've had chronic insomnia (clinical diagnosis, sleep studies, neurologists, etc.) for over 25 years, starting in high school and gradually getting worse over the decades. No drugs aside from powerful depressants (barbits, benzos, tranquilizers, etc.) had helped me at all. Ambien CR has been a miracle medication for me. My insomnia is so constant and severe (I literally won't sleep a single minute some nights) that my Dr lets me take it every night. Many people talk about the possible side-effects of long-term usage, but that ignores the very definite effects of chronic insomnia. I have no next-day side-effects, but I will have rebound insomnia if I stop. Taking with a glass of water helps for me; so does good sleep hygiene rules."

dpvwia (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was first given Zolpidem (Stilnoct) by my sister so I could get some sleep on a very long flight. She told me "don't take it, then go to the loo... you'll collapse in the aisle and they won't be able to move you!". Took one, got as comfy as possible with eyemask, earplugs, blanket etc. Gave up trying to get to sleep after 1.5 hours. Useless. I was then prescribed them for insomnia several years ago. Fine if I took one occasionally when I was desperate, but if I took them 2 or 3 nights running, I'd swing wildly between murderous rage and suicidal depression. Threw them in the bin before I killed myself or someone else! I've been using herbal tabs for years now, and they relax me enough to get to sleep, much better."

Jen H June 5, 2015

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've experienced 12 years of chronic sleep and anxiety disorders. Zolpidem ( "Ambien") will not "knock you out" or reduce anxiety levels, instead it creates hypnotic effects that have caused me further issues with uncharacteristic night terrors and black outs. As per the warning label, do NOT try to drive / operate heavy machinery while using this medication."

Anonymous300015 June 4, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I love this stuff! It's improved my quality of life immensely. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I now take 5 mg at bedtime, and I still wake up after about 4 hours, but then take another 5 mg (I cut the pill in half) and fall right back asleep for another 3 to 4 hours. I've been taking it for 2 years now, and still works as good today as the first day I took it!!"

John C. May 19, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Wow !!! If you are taking this med. take and lay down and close your eyes. You will say and do things and not remember a thing. For real ..."

Rebel Prepper (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Oh my gosh! Started taking this for shift work 6 years ago and now it's the only way I can sleep- only I don't any more! I went thru the hallucinations , the binge eating, the "oh my God, I bought what on ebay last night?" To waking up in some unusual places not knowing how I got there. It takes you through the coaster ride but the thrill is gone. Fitful nights, not more than 3 solid hours any more. I'm trying belsomra tomorrow night. Side effects sound scary, but so did ambien when I first heard about it. Not a cure all and it's only worth praising the 1st year or 2. Sucks when your sleep never comes...."

Denisemanger (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 16, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My father who has a neurological disorder was taking ambien and my family had 2 terrifying experiences. The first time my dad got up and fell several times and was completly unresponsive, he could not speak and we had thought that he had a stroke. Next time he took it I woke up in the middle of the night to a huge bang finding him in the kitchen with a gash on his forehead. The even scarier thing is he never recalled any of these things. I'm not sure on the dosage but I don't recommend to anyone!"

Daughter123456 May 6, 2015

For Insomnia: "My son who is 16 years was given this medication and it worked very well with Seroquel 25 mg at night. This has saved the life of our family. Such a beautiful thing to see my very hyperactive son sleeping deeply."

Mama karima 2015 May 2, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Helps put my mind in a blank slate. My mind is constantly running all the time, everyday. When nighttime approaches, I can't shut my mind off. I have a fear of initially sleeping. I also use it for nights of when I have really bad anxiety, depression, or panic. It calms me down, and soothes me. I no longer have any worries. It helps me get to sleep easy, and really sedates me. I love those aspects."

etherealmoon (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was in a horrible car crash Sept. 7th 2014, I was air cared to UC, I was in ICU for 9 days and remained hospitalized 3 months. I never used to have trouble going to sleep but since my accident I will lay in bed hours, on really bad nights sometimes its all night, with my eyes closed trying to fall asleep but I just can't. I believe being on a dilaudid drip for so long during my hospital stay then morphine and oxycodone for a while plays a big role in my sudden insomnia, also I was diagnosed with GAD 6 years ago which I'm sure sometimes adds to my trouble sleeping. ZzzQuil or Benadryl helped some at first but now neither help at all. Finally was given Zolpidem 10mg and I LOVE it, I fall asleep and sleep all night. Definitely recommend it!"

RanOutOfSheepToCount (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2015

For Insomnia: "I take Ambien once a night...so long as I don't eat 2 hours or less before I take it...it seems to work great. I get a good 9 hours sleep. If I eat after I take it then it only makes me sleepy..not enough to fall asleep. So I don't eat before or after and I have great results. When I first started taking Ambien, I had bad dreams and nightmare. I even sleep walk and drive and did not remember a thing...but that stopped about 2 years after taking them..scary! You have to control the medicine..not let it control you. I've been taking since 1997 and still taking them."

auntie maureen (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking zolpidem and it works very well can you order it online"

Taytay5 April 20, 2015

For Insomnia: "2-3hrs sleep per night for the last 2mths. Took 10mg Zolpidem last night and had a full 8hrs of uninterrupted sleep. Slight headache today but other than that feel great."

LittleJoey (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Awesome. I have terrible insomnia. This helps me get a decent nights rest as I care for a disabled parent=bedbownd and wheelchair. I get a good nights sleep and both of our days are more productive."

winston the wonder PUPPY (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "This is the only thing that I have tried that helps me sleep a full 8 hours. I love this medication. I have had no sleep walking and I have not done anything that I can't remember. The only side effects I have had are just feeling a little tired during the day and increased appetite. I would definitely recommend this medication to people with insomnia."

Jessicaxoxo April 4, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Works great"

vandekamp (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "No sleep as yet, 10mg Ambien last night 20 tonight! Last night I fell asleep after about 4 hours (normal for me with or without meds) I woke up fealing really rather strange, lethargic almost. Passes after 2-3hours with coffee! tonight on 20mg it's been 3 hours so far! Light headache very restless."

Marty922 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I went from working nights (3:30pm-12:00am) to working 7am-3:30. I would keep thinking all night and I couldn't shut my brain off. I have always had problems with insomnia, so much so that some times I would stay up for days at a time. I was prescribed Ambien by my doctor and I started taking it at night. It worked. The first time I took it I started hallucinating. I saw two of everything and I couldn't hold my head up. I woke up and felt fine. So I kept taking it. Slowly I started getting very sad as I woke up. I thought about doing terrible things to myself. After being awake for a couple hours I was fine. This drug made me very depressed. I never abused this medication. I was very careful. Effects are different for everyone."

AshleyD14 March 26, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have never experienced any hallucinogenic side effects from this drug, but I admit I've developed a nasty dependency to 100 mgs/night. It is the only sleep aid that doesn't give me cotton mouth or drowsiness the next day and works like a charm every single time. Nothing even comes close to its effectiveness. Note: It IS imperative that you take it at once you are in bed and ready to sleep. After that you aren't going anywhere, no sleep walking, driving or binge eating."

LTrain (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 23, 2015