Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 422 reviews 100 medications

7.7
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 422 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Zolpidem

Review by John Marsh (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: It helped me a lot. One pill and I sleep like a baby.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 8:11 AM

Review by Morgan Danielle.:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have GAD (generalized anxiety), post traumatic stress disorder and Bipolar. I've been on Seroquel for three years. I kept having to up it to help me sleep, as well as keeping away delusions and such. I was at the point where it wouldn't help me sleep at all. I'd take it at 10 and go to bed when the sun was coming up. I tried Ambien 10mg last night for the first time. I fell asleep in one hour. I was out! I slept a good 10 hours. Amen for Ambien.

June 7, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by Great, mild sleeping pill (taken for less than 1 month):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I'm 19 and suffer from bad insomnia. I've tried Benadryl, Unisom, even a different prescription sleeping pill, Restoril (temazepam). These all either didn't work or left me extremely groggy in the morning and throughout the day. Anyway, I was scheduled to study abroad and my worst fear the entire trip was not sleeping in a foreign atmosphere. My Dr. prescribed me a few weeks worth of Ambien 10 MG. I can't tell you how great this medication was. It drifted me off to a gentle, deep sleep and I stayed asleep for at least 7 hours. I woke up happy and refreshed In the morning; even energized! I took the high dose and did not experience any side effects or hallucinations. I was able to enjoy my trip.

June 2, 2014 6:04 AM

Review by FADAC:

For Insomnia: I have always had sleep problems even as a kid. Sometimes it was bad sometimes it wasn't. Developed severe insomnia after getting off Duragesic patches for fibromyalgia (the doctor didn't bring me off wisely). Have been on zolpidem for about 8 weeks. It works great but occasionally I have a weird dream, usually the same one. I also slobber alot. But I get so much better sleep. I feel better than I have in about five years. The only downside is that my reading has taken a hit since I go to sleep quickly and don't wake up during the middle of the night. I do want to get off the medicine if I can but the three days I stayed awake coming off the Duragesic was a nightmare that I would like to avoid again (I'm not young anymore).

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 1:33 PM

Review by Stephen G (taken for less than 1 month):

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: This medication made me feel as though I could not breathe. I was up all night. I took it at 9 p.m. and went straight to bed. I began having the hot flush feeling and felt as I had pressure on my chest. I have been taking the 10 mg but wake up in 2-3 hours. This was a living nightmare taking the 12.5 CR. If you have any respiratory issues, do not take.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2014 1:32 PM

Review by Brittanyz123 (taken for 10 years or more):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I think it's great. I've been doing it for about 11 years, and it's one of the only medicine for insomnia that work for me.

May 18, 2014 3:31 AM

Review by FentanylBliss (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: It works great putting me to sleep but it doesn't keep me asleep unfortunately. I only tend to get 2 hours of sleep or so.

May 7, 2014 7:32 PM

Review by liesel h 569:

For Insomnia: I have taken this for four nights. I even doubled the dosage out of desperation. It's been three hours and I'm still awake. Completely frustrating.

April 2, 2014 5:18 AM

Review by Chelseymegan:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I was never able to sleep through the night until my doctor prescribed Ambien.

March 19, 2014 3:12 AM

Review by naybay91:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I can take 2 Ambien and be wide awake. I tried melatonin, ZZZ Quil, Unisom.. sometimes take my Valium at bedtime. My sleep cycle got messed up and I'm trying desperately to get it back.

March 18, 2014 2:08 AM

Review by epidoctor (taken for less than 1 month):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Works fine but the rebound insomnia can be awful. Used sparingly it can be a useful medicine. Once again, watch for the rebound insomnia.

March 12, 2014 12:07 AM

Review by insomiac:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I've had horrible insomnia since I was a child. Diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a few years ago. Ambien is not the holy grail. You build up a tolerance over the years but 12.5 is as high as most doctors will go ) from 10, 8 years ago). Pluses for Ambien - it will put you to sleep; no half-life so no grogginess in the morning. Minuses- it will put you to sleep but generally not keep you asleep. Thus the waking up wide awake at 3 a.m. There is now intermezzo - and sublingual 3.5 dose of Ambien meant for this problem - works for me 50% of the time- otherwise I just stay up. Another minus - if you take Ambien on a full stomach IT WILL NOT WORK. I generally eat before 5 and allow 5 hours before I take it. But in all - a savior!

March 3, 2014 12:44 AM

Review by DebbieGrateful (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Ambien has been a huge help to me. I have horrible hot flashes whenever I try to fall asleep and end up awake all night. When I take half an Ambien I am able to fall asleep and I do not feel tired or out of it the next day. I am so grateful for this medication. It's helped the quality of my life substantially. I've never experienced the side effects others mention, I simply fall asleep.

February 27, 2014 12:57 PM

Review by April angel (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I find plates/bowls with food on them in the night.

February 19, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by diva0226:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Great. Just take them 5 mins before bed.

February 17, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by Bad sleeper:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have been taking Ambien on and off for 8 years for severe insomnia, mostly related to anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. Over time my body has built up a dependence and a tolerance. I will lay awake till 5 am if I don't take it miserable and exhausted for days. The generic doesn't seen to work as well and since I have been on it so long I usually have to take 20mg to get a full nights sleep, but with certain generics I still wake up at 3am and can't go back to bed. It has been a God send over the years as I tried everything else. I was treated for depression but those medications made it harder to sleep. At some point I would like to stop being dependent on the medicine but every time I try to quit I go through weeks of with no sleep.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2014 6:19 AM

Review by gramasha (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Age 66 with advanced arthritis, multiple spinal stenosis, and degenerative disc disease. Awaken refreshed after 9+ hours without usual back or muscle pain. Dosage only 5 mg. Absolutely awesome! Only up to use restroom once or twice and able to go straight back to sleep. Only problem. Insurance limits me to 90/year. Yeah, only 1.7 nights a week do I get decent sleep and pain relief.

January 15, 2014 9:42 AM

Review by MistyLynn5:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I've been taking Ambien for about 8 years now due to chronic insomnia. Multiple medical issues have caused most of the problem with not sleeping. I already have 3 fusions in my neck (one of which is falling apart and causing a compressed spinal cord that my NS is trying to avoid further surgery on so that I don't have to have rods in addition to the screws and plates that are already in there) plus I have laminectomy from L2 to S1 with bulging discs, fibromyalgia, bone on bone arthritis in both knees and I also need both hips replaced. Oh, there are also a couple of bulging discs and bone spurs in my cervical spine in addition to the problems already mentioned. I have never had any side effects or trouble with the Ambien at all.

January 10, 2014 1:11 PM

Review by alzora:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have fibromyalgia so I wake up in pain this allows me to rest.

January 10, 2014 9:14 AM

Review by Mr. Strongheart (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Insomnia: Zolpidem provides a fabulous alternative med for sleep to OTC's {over the counters}. It's a relaxing but also effective means of quickly falling asleep. If only the scientists could modify the meds- so zolpidem does NOT cause next day grogginess & drowsiness; in susceptible individuals. Thank you.

January 7, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by phantom2jetpilot (taken for 10 years or more):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: I have terrible chronic insomnia. I have safely taken this medication for over 12 years, with no significant side effects. Go to bed as soon as you take the medication. In my case the window for working is very short---7-10 minutes. If it hasn't helped me sleep by 15 minutes, it isn't going to help for that particular time. I would recommend this medication to anyone!

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2013 3:04 PM

Review by ona katiya:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: This medicine works to get me to sleep and stay asleep. HOWEVER I quickly become dependent on it and cant get to sleep without it so I can't take it as needed. Also I noticed that I seem to need larger doses rapidly. My insomnia issues are generally manageable if I avoid caffeine and don't eat too close to bedtime.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2013 3:25 AM

Review by fastjetpilot (taken for 10 years or more):

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Wonderful medication!!

November 8, 2013 10:20 AM

Review by Kattigirl:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: Ambien CR 12.5 works for me, but, for some reason I can't take the generic. Negates my anti-depressant (doctor has tried me on different anit-depressants & does it on all of them.) Has anyone else had this problem? Very weird.

November 1, 2013 5:20 PM

Review by Reservechic:

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: It truly works great! I am so happy that my doctor prescribed it for me for my insomnia.

October 26, 2013 2:18 PM