User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 485 reviews 105 medications

7.6
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 485 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I experience insomnia in that my mind often does not "turn off," I tend to keep thinking once I lay down in bed. Over the counter sleep aids have been ineffective and leave me drowsy the day after. Ambien turns off my mind and I sleep well. Sometimes I wake up in about 5 to 6 hours, if I need a bit more sleep then I take a half pill (5 mg) for the remaining two extra hours of sleep that I need to feel well rested. I have had no side effects."

Mark Andrews August 30, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I wrote earlier, but wanted to add something about pumpkin seed oil. I have pelvic floor dysfunction from a hysterectomy, and my bladder plus IBS wakes me up all night - every 1.5 hours or so. Since I've been taking pumpkin seed oil (an organic brand) - a little over a teaspoon, I sleep much better. I hope to get off the Ambien eventually and just use the a Sleep Aid and the pumpkins seed oil."

Seashell Again August 25, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I take 5 or 10 mg depending on the day. I love this med. it shuts my mind off so i can sleep. I've tried cutting out caffeine using allergy meds herbal type sleep aides and Tylenol pm....the crap doesn't work. Ambien is only thing that's worked and I've never done anything dangerous or weird on it"

Vanise August 22, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "This drug will knock you out for sure, but it has some really crazy side effects that I didn't think would actually happen to me, mainly doing stuff that I don't remember at all -- one night I made an extremely hefty online purchase and had no recollection of it. I also "drunk text" on Ambien, or otherwise say things verbally to people that I don't remember. This has happened a number of times and actually caused a lot of problems in my last relationship. I've woken up literally covered in food. It also worsened my depression. Not a great experience."

wfseam1 August 20, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "LOVE IT! I have never had a side effect and look forward to bed which I no longer dread! I cut 5 mg, in half and if wake-up and can't get back to sleep take other half. Highly recommend,"

Just Jude August 17, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ambien was not the drug for me. There were mental side effects that caused me to being depressed, and confusion about life interests. I was in the emergency room 4 times in one weekend after 2 months of taking ambien prescribed by my doctor to help me sleep. I will never take this drug again. !!"

ginger pops August 15, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been taking ambien for a month and a half. It does eventually help me to fall asleep but it comes with a couple of side effects. One of those side effect is I get very loopy and weird. Also I do not remember anything when I wake up from the time after I take ambien. I probably will not remember writing this review."

Govinda Chajulal is my name (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "EXTREMELY addicting and after a while you need more AND more to sleep. Also, in mornings I would find cooked meals, tv and lights on, and scary time I found bicycle out front! !! STAY AWAY FROM THIS AND LANISTA."

Anonymous August 2, 2015

For Insomnia: "Been taking the 10mg until it got discontinued and now have the 5mg. I take a whole mg with a half 5mg and this works perfectly for me. I haven't had any weird side effects and have been on this med for 12 years. I take it on a totally empty stomach and after about 15 minutes I have a snack before bed if I happened to have missed dinner, After snack, off to bed. Ambien is my best friend. I am in my late 60's."

Bumba July 23, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Take it on an empty stomach, or it won't work. I have terrible insomnia and have been on it long-term. It still works after 15 years. It had some initial side effects, but they went away after a few months. It works very well, but I gave it eight stars only because you have to take on an empty stomach. If I eat a late dinner, I can count on it not working. Otherwise, it's the only medication that has helped me sleep. I take 15-20 mg per night."

pjryder75 July 16, 2015

Edluar (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have taken OTC to ambien and lunesta. There is no similar comparison. This is my miracle drug for insomnia. The bad taste is actually to help you remember you took the drug. It was designed for those who wake at night and need to go back to sleep thus again helping remember you took it. You can break them easy and can take 1/2 before bed and one if you wake up. Use the free trial and down load the coupon card for the rest of the year. You will not be disappointed in the medication. Make sure the pharmacy "hooks" it to the script every time. They seem to forget. Too expensive of a tier as it is!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Be aware take this medication and immediately lay down !!!!!the first night I took this medication I was up apparently I don't remember !!!!so I was told, serving myself a shot ,eating, requested weird sexual favors,and was having conversations and answering myself,and had no memory of all these fun festivies the next day,lol,thanks ambien,lesson learned my boyfriend had a blast though!!!!!!!"

Anonymous June 23, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: " Really wonderful"

Dr. Brian (taken for 10 years or more) June 16, 2015

For Insomnia: "Have had sleep issues for yrs. 72 yrs old male. Sober 32 yrs. was prescribed 5 mg at first, but was made aware that it could be addictive. Was desperate... Have been taking 10 mg nightly for three months. Seems to help a lot, but learned quickly not to be on the phone etc after taking the drug one hour later. Say stupid things and do not remember."

pianoart65 June 14, 2015

Intermezzo (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I work nights and need the sleep during the day. I no longer feel like a Zombie as I am getting some solid sleep."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2015

For Insomnia: "My doctor prescribed this medication 10g for my serious illness of anxiety I used to be so anxious I would feel sick at night and not being able to sleep in days. This medication has help me to sleep within a hour taking it I do wake up at 4.30- 5 every time I take it but fall back to sleep quite quickly. Only problem is that it does make me super drowsy in the morning.. Next time I take it I'll try only using 5 mg instead of 10 mg to stop the drowsiness. Other then that it has saved me life!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've been taking this medication on and off for over 3 years, and it has worked wonderfully. Just a third or half of a 5mg pill works for me. I have not experienced any side effects, but do go right to bed once I take the pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2015

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've had chronic insomnia (clinical diagnosis, sleep studies, neurologists, etc.) for over 25 years, starting in high school and gradually getting worse over the decades. No drugs aside from powerful depressants (barbits, benzos, tranquilizers, etc.) had helped me at all. Ambien CR has been a miracle medication for me. My insomnia is so constant and severe (I literally won't sleep a single minute some nights) that my Dr lets me take it every night. Many people talk about the possible side-effects of long-term usage, but that ignores the very definite effects of chronic insomnia. I have no next-day side-effects, but I will have rebound insomnia if I stop. Taking with a glass of water helps for me; so does good sleep hygiene rules."

dpvwia (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2015

For Insomnia: "I was first given Zolpidem (Stilnoct) by my sister so I could get some sleep on a very long flight. She told me "don't take it, then go to the loo... you'll collapse in the aisle and they won't be able to move you!". Took one, got as comfy as possible with eyemask, earplugs, blanket etc. Gave up trying to get to sleep after 1.5 hours. Useless. I was then prescribed them for insomnia several years ago. Fine if I took one occasionally when I was desperate, but if I took them 2 or 3 nights running, I'd swing wildly between murderous rage and suicidal depression. Threw them in the bin before I killed myself or someone else! I've been using herbal tabs for years now, and they relax me enough to get to sleep, much better."

Jen H June 5, 2015

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I've experienced 12 years of chronic sleep and anxiety disorders. Zolpidem ( "Ambien") will not "knock you out" or reduce anxiety levels, instead it creates hypnotic effects that have caused me further issues with uncharacteristic night terrors and black outs. As per the warning label, do NOT try to drive / operate heavy machinery while using this medication."

Anonymous300015 June 4, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I love this stuff! It's improved my quality of life immensely. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I now take 5 mg at bedtime, and I still wake up after about 4 hours, but then take another 5 mg (I cut the pill in half) and fall right back asleep for another 3 to 4 hours. I've been taking it for 2 years now, and still works as good today as the first day I took it!!"

John C. May 19, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Wow !!! If you are taking this med. take and lay down and close your eyes. You will say and do things and not remember a thing. For real ..."

Rebel Prepper (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Oh my gosh! Started taking this for shift work 6 years ago and now it's the only way I can sleep- only I don't any more! I went thru the hallucinations , the binge eating, the "oh my God, I bought what on ebay last night?" To waking up in some unusual places not knowing how I got there. It takes you through the coaster ride but the thrill is gone. Fitful nights, not more than 3 solid hours any more. I'm trying belsomra tomorrow night. Side effects sound scary, but so did ambien when I first heard about it. Not a cure all and it's only worth praising the 1st year or 2. Sucks when your sleep never comes...."

Denisemanger (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 16, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My father who has a neurological disorder was taking ambien and my family had 2 terrifying experiences. The first time my dad got up and fell several times and was completly unresponsive, he could not speak and we had thought that he had a stroke. Next time he took it I woke up in the middle of the night to a huge bang finding him in the kitchen with a gash on his forehead. The even scarier thing is he never recalled any of these things. I'm not sure on the dosage but I don't recommend to anyone!"

Daughter123456 May 6, 2015

For Insomnia: "My son who is 16 years was given this medication and it worked very well with Seroquel 25 mg at night. This has saved the life of our family. Such a beautiful thing to see my very hyperactive son sleeping deeply."

Mama karima 2015 May 2, 2015