User Reviews for Zolpidem

Also known as: Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar, Intermezzo, Zolpimist

Learn more about Zolpidem.

Insomnia 465 reviews 102 medications

7.6
Summary of Zolpidem reviews 465 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Zolpidem

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I love this stuff! It's improved my quality of life immensely. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I now take 5 mg at bedtime, and I still wake up after about 4 hours, but then take another 5 mg (I cut the pill in half) and fall right back asleep for another 3 to 4 hours. I've been taking it for 2 years now, and still works as good today as the first day I took it!!"

John C. May 19, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Wow !!! If you are taking this med. take and lay down and close your eyes. You will say and do things and not remember a thing. For real ..."

Rebel Prepper (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Oh my gosh! Started taking this for shift work 6 years ago and now it's the only way I can sleep- only I don't any more! I went thru the hallucinations , the binge eating, the "oh my God, I bought what on ebay last night?" To waking up in some unusual places not knowing how I got there. It takes you through the coaster ride but the thrill is gone. Fitful nights, not more than 3 solid hours any more. I'm trying belsomra tomorrow night. Side effects sound scary, but so did ambien when I first heard about it. Not a cure all and it's only worth praising the 1st year or 2. Sucks when your sleep never comes...."

Denisemanger (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 16, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "My father who has a neurological disorder was taking ambien and my family had 2 terrifying experiences. The first time my dad got up and fell several times and was completly unresponsive, he could not speak and we had thought that he had a stroke. Next time he took it I woke up in the middle of the night to a huge bang finding him in the kitchen with a gash on his forehead. The even scarier thing is he never recalled any of these things. I'm not sure on the dosage but I don't recommend to anyone!"

Daughter123456 May 6, 2015

For Insomnia: "My son who is 16 years was given this medication and it worked very well with Seroquel 25 mg at night. This has saved the life of our family. Such a beautiful thing to see my very hyperactive son sleeping deeply."

Mama karima 2015 May 2, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Helps put my mind in a blank slate. My mind is constantly running all the time, everyday. When nighttime approaches, I can't shut my mind off. I have a fear of initially sleeping. I also use it for nights of when I have really bad anxiety, depression, or panic. It calms me down, and soothes me. I no longer have any worries. It helps me get to sleep easy, and really sedates me. I love those aspects."

etherealmoon (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I was in a horrible car crash Sept. 7th 2014, I was air cared to UC, I was in ICU for 9 days and remained hospitalized 3 months. I never used to have trouble going to sleep but since my accident I will lay in bed hours, on really bad nights sometimes its all night, with my eyes closed trying to fall asleep but I just can't. I believe being on a dilaudid drip for so long during my hospital stay then morphine and oxycodone for a while plays a big role in my sudden insomnia, also I was diagnosed with GAD 6 years ago which I'm sure sometimes adds to my trouble sleeping. ZzzQuil or Benadryl helped some at first but now neither help at all. Finally was given Zolpidem 10mg and I LOVE it, I fall asleep and sleep all night. Definitely recommend it!"

RanOutOfSheepToCount (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2015

For Insomnia: "I take Ambien once a night...so long as I don't eat 2 hours or less before I take it...it seems to work great. I get a good 9 hours sleep. If I eat after I take it then it only makes me sleepy..not enough to fall asleep. So I don't eat before or after and I have great results. When I first started taking Ambien, I had bad dreams and nightmare. I even sleep walk and drive and did not remember a thing...but that stopped about 2 years after taking them..scary! You have to control the medicine..not let it control you. I've been taking since 1997 and still taking them."

auntie maureen (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been taking zolpidem and it works very well can you order it online"

Taytay5 April 20, 2015

For Insomnia: "2-3hrs sleep per night for the last 2mths. Took 10mg Zolpidem last night and had a full 8hrs of uninterrupted sleep. Slight headache today but other than that feel great."

LittleJoey (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Awesome. I have terrible insomnia. This helps me get a decent nights rest as I care for a disabled parent=bedbownd and wheelchair. I get a good nights sleep and both of our days are more productive."

winston the wonder PUPPY (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "This is the only thing that I have tried that helps me sleep a full 8 hours. I love this medication. I have had no sleep walking and I have not done anything that I can't remember. The only side effects I have had are just feeling a little tired during the day and increased appetite. I would definitely recommend this medication to people with insomnia."

Jessicaxoxo April 4, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Works great"

vandekamp (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "No sleep as yet, 10mg Ambien last night 20 tonight! Last night I fell asleep after about 4 hours (normal for me with or without meds) I woke up fealing really rather strange, lethargic almost. Passes after 2-3hours with coffee! tonight on 20mg it's been 3 hours so far! Light headache very restless."

Marty922 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I went from working nights (3:30pm-12:00am) to working 7am-3:30. I would keep thinking all night and I couldn't shut my brain off. I have always had problems with insomnia, so much so that some times I would stay up for days at a time. I was prescribed Ambien by my doctor and I started taking it at night. It worked. The first time I took it I started hallucinating. I saw two of everything and I couldn't hold my head up. I woke up and felt fine. So I kept taking it. Slowly I started getting very sad as I woke up. I thought about doing terrible things to myself. After being awake for a couple hours I was fine. This drug made me very depressed. I never abused this medication. I was very careful. Effects are different for everyone."

AshleyD14 March 26, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have never experienced any hallucinogenic side effects from this drug, but I admit I've developed a nasty dependency to 100 mgs/night. It is the only sleep aid that doesn't give me cotton mouth or drowsiness the next day and works like a charm every single time. Nothing even comes close to its effectiveness. Note: It IS imperative that you take it at once you are in bed and ready to sleep. After that you aren't going anywhere, no sleep walking, driving or binge eating."

LTrain (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 23, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "This medicine helped me to fall asleep after a solid week without sleep. However, I did not stay asleep. Going to try Lunesta tonight."

KimAMS March 21, 2015

Ambien CR (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been on regular Ambien 10mg since 2007. I have major insomnia and have tried alternatives and even quit drinking caffeine and limit sugar to no avail. I talked to my doctor yesterday and decided to try the CR because I just couldn't stay asleep. After 3-4 hours I was wide awake. Well last night I had the most vivid dreams and still groggy this morning. It definitely helped me fall back asleep. (I pee a lot lol) I am glad I waited until the weekend to see how it would affect me. I took it at 8:30p and it's almost 9a and I feel slightly hungover. I'm going to try it again tonight, but sleeping through the night might not be worth it. I can't believe some reviews say it's not affective because it immediately made me sleepy!"

LizaS73 March 14, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Due to a painful disability the only way to sleep is with the use of Ambien. I give Ambien a two thumbs up, AAA , it works terrific for me."

jerseyjim (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "I have been taking Ambien every night for a over 20 years. I am a nurse and it's very difficult to work swing shift and teach yourself to sleep whenever ..esp if you suffer from insomnia. I have had insomnia since a child, probably sleep walking. Sleep eating prior to taking the medicine. Now that I have it ..my life has improved 200 percent .No one can imaging how disturbing it is to lie in bed for 8 hours wide awake ...knowing you have work soon. When I first took it, I was groggy in the morning ..but now as long as I get 8 hours I wake up feeling awake and amazing ..never grew a tolerance for it. Always works. I will say when I had children under 5 ..I would never take it ...not safe ..when you are caring for others .this med saved me."

Debbieformola February 1, 2015

For Insomnia: "Truly the only thing (bar Mirtazapine at one point) that has ever worked for my severe (sometimes up 1-2 entire nights in a row) and chronic insomnia (nearly a decade). It doesn't make me as drowsy in the morning as Mirtazapine which is great because then I can have a more normal sleeping pattern. I do have some really weird kind of scary side effects including minor hallucinations (like stuff moving round the room, person on a poster looked like they were dancing, face shapes in curtains swaying etc.) and feeling a bit high. However, even with these side effects it is still worth it if nothing else has worked."

coxysmelons93 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "It works to put me asleep, too well! I was told by my husband that I was doing stuff I don't remember doing. One time I became sexually aggressive and last night, I didn't recognize my husband and was doing stuff totally off the wall. I will not be taking it again!"

craftygrammy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 21, 2015

For Insomnia: "This medication has been extremely effective for me with minimal side effects, but I must have time for at least 8 hours of sleep"

JaiCeeEmm January 21, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Ditto on rebound sleepless when discontinued. I have done very strange things with no memory including taking additional Ambien. It has helped me sleep when under extreme stress but watch out. Now I am trying to learn how to sleep naturally."

LouLaBell January 13, 2015

Ambien (zolpidem) for Insomnia: "Works splendidly when first prescribed but over time loses it's effectiveness and one develops a tolerance to it's effectiveness. Due to it's short half-life in the body, it peters out quite quickly ( /- 2 hours). Would not recommend long-term treatment with this medicine (>6 months)."

Quaalude (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2015