User Reviews for Warfarin

Also known as: Coumadin, Jantoven

Learn more about Warfarin.

Warfarin review summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Pulmonary Embolism, First Event.

Reviews for Warfarin to treat Pulmonary Embolism, First Event

Review by wjohns45 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I am so thankful to be alive. I had a pulmonary embolism in Jan 2011. They had my family in family room, didn't expect me to survive. BUT, GOD said differently. I am so THANKFUL.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2013 5:31 PM

Review by Buddy wyatt:

Coumadin (warfarin): This drug saved my life.

October 28, 2009 10:45 PM

Warfarin has dangerous side effects, but is indicated in life threatening situations. It can be taken as prescribed for a period following a pulmonary embolism, but the patient must take extra care not to fall, bruise, or cut oneself, because warfarin inhibits clotting. It saved my life.

August 1, 2009 7:15 AM

The side effects can be difficult, but I am still alive and have been on the drug for 8 months.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2009 10:33 AM

Coumadin (warfarin): I am still alive because of this drug and I am not an advocate of the medical profession.

February 13, 2009 7:28 PM

Review by nezha24:

My mom was diagnosed with pulmonary embolism. She was two weeks into warfarin and heparin treatment when she started having diarrhea, very severely. Second diagnosis, ulcerative colitis.

September 12, 2007 1:26 PM