User Reviews for Coumadin

Learn more about Coumadin.

Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 1 reviews 12 medications

7.3
Heart Failure 0 reviews 112 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event 2 reviews 3 medications

5.5
Chronic Central Venous Catheterization 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Heart Attack 0 reviews 116 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prosthetic Heart Val...osis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 59 medications Not rated - Be the first
Protein S Deficiency 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Coumadin reviews 13 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Coumadin

For Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Knee Replacement Surgery "Broken femur resulted in blood clots that caused life threatening embolism. I was given the generic warfarin and rapidly devoped THRUSH. Switched to brand name COUMADIN and recovered after 9 days in hospital."

hippiejim (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event "Was on Coumadin for 4 years. Walked away due to headaches daily. Got another clot. It may have been worth the couple months of no headaches, no fussy head, no feeling stupid, loosing my sight (which is old age, but still the timing), but the anxiety of knowing my body will clot along with a new clot put me back on Coumadin. Finally got the news about Xarelto. Life changing to say the least. No way to reverse dose, I take the risk for a better life. Besides the half life is only 5 to 9 hours for under 45 yr old and 11 to 13 hours for older. Take it with dinner and you are sleeping that whole time."

Tsunamijim June 30, 2014

For Prosthetic Heart Valves, Tissue Valves - Thrombosis Prophylaxis "I have been taking coumadin for 21 years, since I had an aortic valve replacement."

Anonymous April 10, 2011

For Antiphospholipid Syndrome "Since I started on Coumadin I have a lot less leg pain and can think more clearly."

Anonymous January 29, 2011

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation "I was at a convention in Palm Springs when I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Could not breathe, excruciating pain, scared to death. When I got to the ER my heart was beating at 180 beats per minute. The doctors told me the only thing that probably saved me from having a stroke was that I was already on Coumadin as I have a genetic blood disorder, factor 5 Leiden which means I will be on Coumadin for the rest of my life. My doctors are so cautious that they actually had a bird's nest inserted into my vena cava just in case a clot were to ever break lose. I have never had problems in the 6 years I have been on Coumadin. My INR is always at 2.5 which is considered perfect since my target range is between 2.0 and 3.0."

mexyweeds November 9, 2010

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event "Everything that goes into the mouth has to be reviewed for interactions with this drug. It can also cause swelling and hair loss."

Anonymous November 16, 2009

For Pulmonary Embolism, First Event "This drug saved my life."

Buddy wyatt October 28, 2009

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event "I am male, 62 year old. Got a blood clot the entire length of my saphenous vein. I was put on generic warfarin first at 2.5mg/day. I got sweaty, headachy, and felt depressed. This went on for two weeks until I read reviews about Coumadin on this site. Switched to Coumadin. INR stabilized, sweats went away, and headaches went away in about 10 days. I know that Coumadin and Warfarin are supposed to be chemically the same molecule. I propose that the objective differences between these two drugs most likely can be accounted for by considering that one may have more pure isomers than the other."

qx October 23, 2009

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event "I really do not like taking medications so I probably don't monitor it like I should. So far I have had no problems develop but it works effectively and side effects are minimal. Some cuts barely bleed while a small scratch may take awhile to stop depending on where the cut or scratch occurs. I have found that Coumadin regulates better than other warfarin but costs considerably more. "

Anonymous July 8, 2009

For Pulmonary Embolism, First Event "I am still alive because of this drug and I am not an advocate of the medical profession."

Anonymous February 13, 2009

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event "Coumadin is very effective. Home monitoring of INR with finger sticks helped with ease of use."

Anonymous December 27, 2008

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event "Worked very well."

jones2388 October 11, 2008

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event "I'm still alive thanks to this drug! So far so good."

Big Daddy 6 September 29, 2008