User Reviews for Coumadin

Learn more about Coumadin.

Antiphospholipid Syndrome 1 reviews 49 medications

7.3
Heart Failure 0 reviews 129 medications

Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event 2 reviews 4 medications

5.5
Chronic Central Venous Catheterization 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Heart Attack 0 reviews 120 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prosthetic Heart Val...osis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 59 medications Not rated - Be the first
Protein S Deficiency 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Coumadin reviews 12 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Coumadin

Review by Tsunamijim:

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: Was on Coumadin for 4 years. Walked away due to headaches daily. Got another clot. It may have been worth the couple months of no headaches, no fussy head, no feeling stupid, loosing my sight (which is old age, but still the timing), but the anxiety of knowing my body will clot along with a new clot put me back on Coumadin. Finally got the news about Xarelto. Life changing to say the least. No way to reverse dose, I take the risk for a better life. Besides the half life is only 5 to 9 hours for under 45 yr old and 11 to 13 hours for older. Take it with dinner and you are sleeping that whole time.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 11:16 PM

For Prosthetic Heart Valves, Tissue Valves - Thrombosis Prophylaxis: I have been taking coumadin for 21 years, since I had an aortic valve replacement.

April 10, 2011 10:29 AM

For Antiphospholipid Syndrome: Since I started on Coumadin I have a lot less leg pain and can think more clearly.

January 29, 2011 8:01 PM

Review by mexyweeds:

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: I was at a convention in Palm Springs when I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Could not breathe, excruciating pain, scared to death. When I got to the ER my heart was beating at 180 beats per minute. The doctors told me the only thing that probably saved me from having a stroke was that I was already on Coumadin as I have a genetic blood disorder, factor 5 Leiden which means I will be on Coumadin for the rest of my life. My doctors are so cautious that they actually had a bird's nest inserted into my vena cava just in case a clot were to ever break lose. I have never had problems in the 6 years I have been on Coumadin. My INR is always at 2.5 which is considered perfect since my target range is between 2.0 and 3.0.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2010 11:25 PM

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: Everything that goes into the mouth has to be reviewed for interactions with this drug. It can also cause swelling and hair loss.

November 16, 2009 5:03 PM

Review by Buddy wyatt:

For Pulmonary Embolism, First Event: This drug saved my life.

October 28, 2009 10:45 PM

Review by qx:

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: I am male, 62 year old. Got a blood clot the entire length of my saphenous vein. I was put on generic warfarin first at 2.5mg/day. I got sweaty, headachy, and felt depressed. This went on for two weeks until I read reviews about Coumadin on this site. Switched to Coumadin. INR stabilized, sweats went away, and headaches went away in about 10 days. I know that Coumadin and Warfarin are supposed to be chemically the same molecule. I propose that the objective differences between these two drugs most likely can be accounted for by considering that one may have more pure isomers than the other.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2009 8:21 PM

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: I really do not like taking medications so I probably don't monitor it like I should. So far I have had no problems develop but it works effectively and side effects are minimal. Some cuts barely bleed while a small scratch may take awhile to stop depending on where the cut or scratch occurs. I have found that Coumadin regulates better than other warfarin but costs considerably more.

July 8, 2009 4:26 AM

For Pulmonary Embolism, First Event: I am still alive because of this drug and I am not an advocate of the medical profession.

February 13, 2009 7:28 PM

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: Coumadin is very effective. Home monitoring of INR with finger sticks helped with ease of use.

December 27, 2008 11:50 AM

Review by jones2388:

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: Worked very well.

October 11, 2008 10:15 AM

Review by Big Daddy 6:

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: I'm still alive thanks to this drug! So far so good.

September 29, 2008 11:44 PM