User Reviews for Coumadin

Learn more about Coumadin.

Reviews for Coumadin to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event

Review by Tsunamijim:

Was on Coumadin for 4 years. Walked away due to headaches daily. Got another clot. It may have been worth the couple months of no headaches, no fussy head, no feeling stupid, loosing my sight (which is old age, but still the timing), but the anxiety of knowing my body will clot along with a new clot put me back on Coumadin. Finally got the news about Xarelto. Life changing to say the least. No way to reverse dose, I take the risk for a better life. Besides the half life is only 5 to 9 hours for under 45 yr old and 11 to 13 hours for older. Take it with dinner and you are sleeping that whole time.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 11:16 PM

I really do not like taking medications so I probably don't monitor it like I should. So far I have had no problems develop but it works effectively and side effects are minimal. Some cuts barely bleed while a small scratch may take awhile to stop depending on where the cut or scratch occurs. I have found that Coumadin regulates better than other warfarin but costs considerably more.

July 8, 2009 4:26 AM