User Reviews for Brintellix

Learn more about Brintellix.

Brintellix Review Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 136 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Brintellix to treat Depression

"I had almost given up on life no matter how hard I tried to be grateful and see the good. My doc gave me brintellix after celexa quit working. At first I thought it didn't work. I had a bad head ache and felt confused. I felt hot at times. I felt like mosquitoes were biting me. These side effects have almost completely gone away and I am doing so much better now! I still get hot flashes sometimes but it is something I can put up with if I keep doing so good mood wise. It has been almost 4 weeks and I can work and concentrate for long periods of time. I don't eat as much. I feel sexy again! I think this is helping me a lot. I am doing all kinds of things I used to enjoy. I hope it keeps doing good for me and will help others too."

L Audrey August 30, 2015

"Psychiatrist put me on Brintellix about 7 weeks ago. 10mg for the first 3 weeks - which had no effect on my depression, but I didn't notice any side effects like I had with Pristiq, Lexapro, Lovan & Alprazolam. The dosage was upped to 20mg for the next 4 weeks. Still feel terrible, haven't noticed any shift in the depression but I've noticed I feel a bit more edgy and anxious. Not sure how long I'm meant to wait to notice a change but I'm not convinced that this drug is working for me. It's also not covered by medicare in Australia, so quite expensive!"

SJLGirl1 August 28, 2015

"I started brintillix 5 mg 4 days ago for mdd. I was on nardil for many years but the side effects were too much , gross insomnia. I my dose goes up to 10 mg in a few days. Its early but I notice I'm a little calmer in the evenings and sleep better, no nausea yet. I m in Canada and eligble for a compassionate $$ relief for this drug, as it is expensive. I wish everyone luck on it and me too."

benny12 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2015

"Depression was much better but the side effects were too bad to risk. Blood pressure increased, felt hot all of time and nausea that would not subside. But for once I did feel like my depression was much better. Back to Celexa now"

Louisiana68 August 19, 2015

"Having recently weaned from Viibryd and Wellbutrin, I've taken 5mg of Brintellix for two days now. I had some nausea the first day. I'm still taking Trileptal and I haven't noticed much of a difference. Time will tell."

Free4poo (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

"I have been taking Brintellix for about 2 months, after my Lexapro stopped working. The first day after taking Brintellix, I was nauseous. I stayed nauseous for 2 weeks. Now that the nausea has worn off....I LOVE this medication! I feel less calm, more happy and things don't get on my nerves as badly. Just try to tough out the nausea for 2-3 weeks. It gets better. After that, you'll love it. I highly recommend Brintellix!!"

SunStarShine August 15, 2015

"I had been taking brintellix for a few months. 20Mg and it was working great. I have pretty severe depression and everyone said they saw a positive change in me. But it started making my stomach hurt, I told the dr and we decided it was worth the stomach ache because it was really helping. When I started throwing up and feeling nauseous 24/7 I had to stop it. Been off for a couple weeks and still feel very sick."

annabellee August 13, 2015

"I just started taking 5 mg Brintellix yesterday. Because of the fear of nausea I decided to take it before bedtime along with my Ativan to make sure I sleep good and not wake up if there is any nausea. I ate some bread with it too. I woke up this morning feeling fine. No nausea! I had some Weird dreams though! Will update!"

StarIntheSkyLa (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2015

"I started 10mg of brintellix over a month ago for depression. no side effects or any issues,i feel great!"

barbara39 August 6, 2015

"Started on brintellix 10mg for depression/anxiety, three weeks ago. No side effects at all,apart from some difficulty sleeping. I think I am feeling clearer, but can't say I feel less depressed. Maybe a little calmer,but still having some anxiety."

Leigh S. August 5, 2015

"Very bad side effects:nausea, vomiting, dizziness, odd dreams. Ended up x 2 in the ER because of this drug."

KPalmer82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2015

"I've suffered with depression type symptoms most of my life. I mainly suffer from Somatization disorder. I've tried many different antidepressants over the past 20 years & they usually only made me more depressed. I started 10 mg Brintellix May of 2014. I felt AMAZING! Then, it wore off & was bumped to 20mg. This worked fine. One side effect that we can't figure out is that I'm always SO HOT! Not sweating, Just always crazy hot! I weaned off the Brintellix over two months, until I was taking just a small corner of the thinner side then stopped. That was 3 weeks ago. Since then, I had TERRIBLE withdrawals & couldnt stand it. Head vibrating is the worst. Went back on Brintellix last night. I feel discouraged. But it worked for depression...."

CandyKisses4 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2015

"I have chronic headaches from a head injury and I am Bi-polar. I have a wonderful psych doc and a brilliant neurologist. They have always worked in conjunction with one another. I let them know that this was the last drug I would be trying as I feel I have done every drug and combination possible. As most of the reviews have stated, the nausea is significant and the itching intermittently. I find it similar to Cymbalta without the profuse sweating. It really helps with anxiety and doesn't seem to have sexual side affects (happy hubby). Because of the nausea and tummy trouble, I don't eat much and when I do it is because I am craving something. For me, the stomach ache is worth it as it is keeping me stable and productive."

brokennoggin July 24, 2015

"I have had clinical depression since I was a young child. I am now almost 24 and I don't think I've ever been happy, for more than a few weeks at a time, in my entire life. I have been on Zoloft and Wellbutrin in the past that did not help at all. I have been on Brintellix for a little over 6 months now and it has changed my life. I'm a better wife, mother and a significantly better college student. For the first time in my life I feel alive. There are no longitudinal studies on this new drug which makes me nervous. Side effects were severe for about 3 weeks and my insurance doesn't cover this very expensive drug(why I rated 9/10). Ultimately, Brintellix changed my life. I didn't think I would ever be happy."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2015

"I've tried others years ago and could never tolerate them. I've been battling some health issues for awhile which has caused anxiety and recently depression. I am one of those people who are sensitive to everything I take so was nervous about trying this. I've only been on it for 5 days at 5mg in the morning. Mild nausea that goes away. I'm hoping for some energy as fatigue is a big issue for me. I think I'm feeling a bit less down but still to early to say I guess. I'll keep updating. Good luck everyone"

Craftyfable July 8, 2015

"I was on venlor for 6 months and couldn't take the nausea and dizziness. .. it messed with my blood sugar and cholesterol. I changed ti Brintellix, 6 months now, and I'm feeling awesome. Life is back to normal and Im much better now. No side effects."

JohnnyBAlive (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2015

"Horrible side effects. Was on for 1 month but was nauseated and vomited every day for that month. I give it a two only because it didn't make me suicidal, as some other Rx's have (cough-Cymbalta) Now on Viibryd and doing much better (and not vomiting!) :)"

SnowWhyte (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2015

"I switched from Zoloft and Seroquel to Brintellix 10mg. At first i noticed I had more enegry. I also have itchiness and some upset stomach but that goes away. those of you without insurance or with it and it wont pay enough ask your dr about patient assistance forms. Waiting to see how it helps since I lost my job."

twiggy1256 (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

"I have tried lexapro, Zoloft, calexa, and brintellix. My body does not tolerate meds well. Lexapro was so intense that I took it for only two days and suffered almost every possible side effect. Zoloft caused nausea, weight loss, & I was still having panic attacks. Calexa was good, but I had increased migraines. Now I am trying brintellix, but my anxiety is back. I am crying without a direct reason. I am extremely tired. I also have an upset stomach. I suppose I will have to decide which side effects I can tolerate and just "live" with the nuisance. At this point, I don't want to cry every day. I want to have energy and enjoy life again."

4th med June 23, 2015

"In the last 6 years I've been on Effexor and Pristiq (synthetic Effexor and I had horrible withdrawal from them), Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lexapro, and Mirtazapine. None seemed to work for long and most didn't seem to help at all and I've wondered if I am resistant to the meds. In addition, my anxiety has been awful. Finding an anti-anxiety drug has been tricky because I'm in recovery (used to self-medicate my depression and anxiety) and I need to be extra careful about taking certain medications since I have the tendency to abuse them. It's too early to tell if Brintellix will work for me but the genetic testing shows it's a good match. The nausea is bad, but I'm used to taking meds on an empty stomach so will start taking it with food."

ElliEtte (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2015

"Day 9 of Trintallex. Have seen glimpses of normality but have still been highly unstable and dysfunctional. Side effects include: little bit itchy skin, headache, ringing in the ears, agitation/hyperactive at times. I know I'm early in the process.... This is extremely difficult. I'm considering getting the DNA testing to find a more suitable med if I don't see harsh improvements in the next couple of weeks."

sam696969 June 18, 2015

"I've been battling MDD for about ten years now and I've been on and off many different medications. My biggest complaint with most of them was the fatigue. I'm only 24, but while I was on this medication it was hard for me to keep up with my friends that were similar ages. I was always tired, always taking naps and still going to bed early. With Brintellix, the fatigue is GONE! It's easier for me to wake up, I can do more during the day without wanting to take a nap and having more energy has given me the opportunity to start exercising again. I do have a bit of stomach upset while taking it, but it is mild and, frankly, a smile price to pay when considering all the good Brintellix does for me."

Audixgirl June 10, 2015

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I been on brintellix for a month now it has helped me a whole lot with panic attacks .. No side effects at all .. I'm taking 10mg a day . Started with 5mg for two weeks then went up to 10mg .. I feel optimistic about the future now I have my life back . I went six months without driving because I was scared of a panic attacks but with this medication I am back driving I suffer from phobia of driving over bridges .."

Bronzebombshell June 10, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am an R.N. and diagnosed 20 plus years ago with clinical depression, I have also been on just about every antidepressant. A week ago I requested help from my physician due to the increasing depression and lack of help from Cymbalta he prescribed Brintellix. I switched immediately and some of the symptoms are withdrawal from the Cymbalta. The " reverberations" in my head are distinctly withdrawal symptoms. My headaches appear to be from decreased sodium which is a Brintellix side effect and for me are eliminated by drinking Gatorade which is high in sodium. The nausea is a toss up and eased with ginger ale and carbs. The itching responds to 1 Benadryl. 4 weeks is the norm for side effects to subside. Identical to original Prozac."

Kafse June 7, 2015

"Week 3 on brintellix. I feel so much better than I have felt in years. I'm 31, and have been on 10 or so different anti depressants in the past. Zero side effects. Other anti's seemed to cause huge anxiety. Now with britillex, I can stop taking anti anxiety meds. It's almost as if my brain were a house and brintillex has opened a door to another room I never knew existed."

austryralian (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2015

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next