User Reviews for Brintellix

Learn more about Brintellix.

Brintellix Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 136 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Brintellix to treat Depression

"So far it had been a little over a month and a half on 5 mg, for my depression and constant ups and downs. I have bi polar, PTSD, anxiety, and depression. Of all the meds this has helped tremendously, with only nausea as a side effect. I eat toast and peanut butter and it seems to help. I feel like myself again, with better concentration, more energy, and I'm smiling again. This honestly saved my life with the help of other meds that I am on!"

Tashy February 7, 2016

"Started of the 5mg Brintellix, I usually have low blood pressure, but noticed at first the headache and decided to monitor my blood pressure after taking the med. Usually the headache started about 3 hours after taking it. I took my blood pressure just to check and my BP was high 142/ 88. My norm is 108/70, that is regularly. I don't think I am going to be able to tolerate the discomfort it gives me with the headache and high BP, no nausea. I like the fact the food cravings I got on other meds is not a factor with this. I was on Lexapro low dose for about 7 years, but it I started to have tremors when I discontinued no tremors, but depression and SAD returned, so we tried Brintellix, may have to try something else."

cycle256 February 5, 2016

"I'm taking 300 mg Bupropion and still extremely depressed. Psychiatrist gave me a month of 5mg samples of Brintellix to supplement the Bupropion. I have been taking it for 5 days now and have severe nausea & vomiting along with constipation. Nausea & vomiting occurs 20 min. to 1/2 hour after taking so the drug isn't absorbed into my system to have an effect on my depression. I am on other medications that I was taking at the same time as the Brintellix. I've decided to take the Bintellix with food in the morning and all other meds at night due to the vomiting so that the other drugs can be effective. I can deal with nausea & constipation, but the not vomiting. I will continue taking and hope the vomiting stops. Fingers crossed."

HoosierBill February 5, 2016

"I just started this 3-4 days ago for helping me with fatigue. I've been on Prozac for about a year, vyvanse for about 6-7 months & klonopin as needed. I have anxiety and depression and never feel like doing anything. Adding brintellix to my morning routine actually made me hyper this evening and up this afternoon. I even played football with my brother for a while which is extremely rare or (never existed before) so I'm going to keep trying! I'm on 10mg of brintellix and 10mg of Prozac daily. And 40mg vyvanse for add."

Equinebefore February 5, 2016

"Was on Prozac 20mg for 5 years. It worked for me. Gained weight. Forgot why I was on it until I tried to wean off. Saw a nurse to help me get off and she told me to try Brintellix. I weaned off prozac while starting brintelllix 10mg. It worked. But now a couple of months into it I miss the prozac. Not helping my anger. I can tell the difference. But I wanted to lose the weight. Thinking of increasing to 20mg or adding Gaba or something"

QQQSSUUEE (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

"This medication had me in severe hypersomnia, barely able to function at work, sleeping all day. Worked great for anxiety, but everything was numbed out. I'm stopping this cold turkey. I tried 5mg, 10mg and 15mg."

sh4d0w123 January 20, 2016

"I have been on brintellix for three weeks. I have not felt any effects what so ever. It only serves to make me vomit nearly every morning. Libido is zero. This only adds to my anxiety and depression. It is also very expensive costing me nearly $450 a month. If I felt just a little better I would not mind spending the money. Drug companies just suck! For the money this med is just not worth it and I will request another anti depressant from my MD at my next visit"

Hockey ref January 20, 2016

"Absolutely terrible. I switched to Brintellix from Lexapro because I was having some unpleasant side effects. My doctor suggested this medication as it has "no side effects." I've been through several antidepressants, and may I tell you this is by far the worst one. Not only did I have horrific physical side effects such as vomiting after only the second dose of 5mg, but this stuff seemed to screw me up mentally - though that part could have also been due to Lexapro withdrawal. Regardless, Brintellix has made me realize how great Lexapro was. I'll take those side effects any day after this! Would not reccomend Brintellix - be wary of what your doctor tells you and research any medicine before taking it. Back to Lexapro..."

aaTLX (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

"I was admitted to the hospital with suicidal ideation after beginning this medication. I was probably on it 3 weeks and then was in the hospital a week. I went from feeling depressed to suicidal that fast. I blame the medication. I hear it works wonders for some but for me it was terrible."

battling depression (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

"I moved to another state 4 months prior to taking this med. I was experiencing a lot of highs and lows....sadness, irritability, increased anxiety due to moving 2 states away from family/friends. I already take Wellbutrin which I've been on for a decade to control anxiety and SAD. By the end of week 1 I noticed a feeling of "levelness" of my general mood, by end of week 2 my boyfriend noticed the positive change by end of week 3 I still feel pretty good as far as the highs and lows being gone but now I'm starting to notice a lowered libido and decreased reaction to sexual stimuli-it's extremely difficult to reach orgasm. I will continue the med for awhile as I do believe it's working for the mood but am unsure about staying on it long term."

Becky, 45 year old female (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

"I've been taking it since June 2015 and I have to say I became my old self. I'm suffering from severe postpartum anxiety. But brintellix has changed my life for the better. I have to say I am completely more social now."

Jrmj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 8, 2016

"Works fantastic! No more depression or anxiety!"

Rome14 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2016

"I've been on brintellix for ~3 months and it has changed my life. My depression was very severe- daily anxiety, immobilized from crying and panicking... this was related to PTSD and I was consumed with feelings of guilt, shame, and thought of suicide several times. I started on 10 mg, had no side effects at all (maybe a little continued jaw tightness), and felt the effects within a week. I already had reduced anxiety, and cut the amount of xanax I would take in half. Then as time went on, the anxiety and depression started fading away entirely and my mood was elevated. I could think clearly, more energy, more motivation for the first time in months. Brintellix combined with therapy cured me. I increased to 20 mg and feel better than ever."

DJ lil Apple January 5, 2016

"I'd get a mild headache within fifteen minutes of taking this and the intensity of the pain depended on the dosage."

Chigurh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

"I've only been using Brintellix for 1 week but I am very pleased! After trying nearly everything out there with little to no benefit, and many many side effects - the first week on Brintellix has made me very hopeful that it continues to work!!"

CarlinsMom (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2015

"Was on Zoloft and then Effextor (150 mg) and did great on both, but because I am a long-term forever user I needed to change it up -weaning from the effexor was so horrible. I am now taking 10 mg and it's been a week. I am experiencing sleep disruption, some nausea, I am now VERY regular and my joints and muscles are stiff and sore. I am finally seeing a glimmer of hope as far as my despair goes - so I am optimistic that the above side affects will go away and all will be well in my world again in a few weeks."

smfennell December 28, 2015

"I have been taking Brintellix for about 1 week now and I have never felt better, I have had not one side effect although I am not as hungry as normal other than that it is amazing. I am less agitated than usual and have a lot more patience I seem to think clearly and life is going back to the way it used to be. I am hoping that my libido will return as this disappeared during the depression. Very thankful for these meds"

Mgz (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2015

"severe depression and anxiety"

Jen230458 December 16, 2015

"I've been taking this for about two months. I had previously taken Cymbalta for the past three to five years, but felt it had lost its effectiveness and was causing severe decreased libido. I have gained two-four pounds, constantly itch, am very moody, easily agitated, feel more depressed than before, and still no sexual desire. 40 year old female"

TeeAre1 December 16, 2015

"I've been taking Trintellix (that's what it's called in Canada) for 3 weeks and I can honestly say I am loving life again. I'm on 10 mg and I've had slight nausea but if I took it with something to eat I was fine. I was on Effexor for years and it suddenly stopped working. I had to wean myself off of that to start Trintellix and I was at a really low point for a while but stick with this because you'll start to feel the effects by 2 weeks. My only concern is I can't sleep so I take Imovane for that."

Kerri1961 (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

"Am 61 male. Tried all SSRI's and MAOI's for persistent depression over 9 years. Most recent was Prozac. None of these worked beyond moderate improvement. Depression and anxiety attended me constantly. I used Lorazepam to sleep effectively. I went on Brintellix 10 mg and within 2 weeks felt stable and able to deal with challenging personal setbacks with clarity and resolve. I think that 4 months into it I have found a drug that truly works."

LondonLion December 4, 2015

"I've been using brintellix for 3 months now - 20mg - Depression is almost completely over & back to work - Side effects still ongoing - dry mouth - weight gain - stomach bloating - abdominal pain ( less frequent now) - dizziness Looking forward to reduce dosage & slowly getting off it."

Jacques D December 4, 2015

"Been taking Brintellix for 2 weeks and so far feeling pretty good. I'm a little worried about the weight gain and the price. I finally find something that works for me and it causes these side affects and ridiculous how pricey it is to feel normal! Sad to know that if I can't afford it or it puts weight on me that I'm going to have to stop taking a drug that actually helps! I work out 4 days a week and had lost 22 lbs but I've gained 4 in 2 weeks.Not acceptable! I will continue taking for another 2 weeks and see what happens!"

Hantawen (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015

"i have been on Brintellix for 6 months and feel amazing. I have energy and desire to be active and involved. I had noticed an improvement in my ability to concentrate and remember tasks. I love it and am so glad I feel whole."

Finally feel better December 1, 2015

"Used it for three months. I started with 10mg/day and then it was taken down to 5mg because of vomiting and back up to 10mg. Nausea every day, vomiting nearly every day, until I got Primperan for it. It felt at first, that it is working on depression, took off the sadness and my energy came back. But after few weeks I become anxious and irritated and then came insomnia. Finally I could not fall asleep without sleepingpills and with them I slept 2-3 hours and woke up and could not fall asleep again. My doctor suggested to lifting the dose to 20mg/day. I said NO. I could not take the nausea, vomiting and sleeplessness any longer especially, when it did not even work on the depression anymore, not to mention the anxiety and lost of sexdrive."

Katariina December 1, 2015