User Reviews for Tinidazole

Also known as: Fasigyn, Tindamax

Learn more about Tinidazole.

Amebiasis 2 reviews 28 medications

Giardiasis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Tinidazole reviews 19 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Tinidazole

Review by amyfed (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: My doctor suspected bacterial vaginitis so she gave me samples to use for two days. Did give me the bitter taste in my mouth and on the 3rd day I was very tired and weak. I also had sharp stomach pain on the 2nd day for a few hours but possibly unrelated. Today is the 4th day and it seems to have helped.

June 27, 2014 9:02 PM

Review by Bellafide (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: I had bacterial vaginitis for about six months, the four pills for two days where great. I made me a little sick the first day and you do have a metallic taste in your mouth. This medicine works quick.

February 12, 2014 11:43 PM

Review by Chi chi c:

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Battled bacterial vaginitis for years before I found out about Tindamax. It worked wonders my first round of it 4 pills 2 days. I got it again a year later and this time ...side effects kicked in big time. My fingers were sore, severe muscle aches, red inflamed spots on my chest, fever and headaches. It lasted 1 whole day but the bacterial vaginitis was gone and haven't had it since but it gave me a yeast infection.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2013 3:34 AM

Review by keeeeeech (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Vaginitis: This is so far, so good. I would give this a ten, but the side effects brings it down to a 8. I started taking the two day treatment and I still have this horrible metallic taste in my mouth. It causes me to lose an appetite because everything I eat taste horrible. I also had an headache and nausea. I have been suffering from BV for almost a year now, and this medication has cleared it up really fast. So I have no major complaints. I will come back in a month and give an update

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2013 11:53 PM

Review by 25yearsoldwhitefemale (taken for less than 1 month):

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Trichomoniasis: I was diagnosed with trichomoniasis and where it came from I'm unsure of. I took the 4 white pills as soon as I got them. I didn't experience any major side effects other than feeling flushed (body temperature was rising) and dehydration. I knew the increase in body temp was an indication the medication was at work. I have not yet had a follow up with obgyn but as soon as I do (couple days from now) I will repost my personal results and will be able to better rate this drug. As for my partner who also took Tindamax, said he felt extremely itchy all over his body and very nauseous and complained of a chemical odor whenever he would urinate. He has yet to go get a follow up with his doctor as well.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2013 3:26 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: My insurance covered some but good thing Tindamax gives a discount card for prescription. I have suffered with bacterial vaginitis off and on for 4 years. Finally got a prescription for Tindamax and it was the only thing that cleared it up for a few weeks. When my period came the bacterial vaginitis came back! On round 2 of Tindamax now. Hopefully it gets rid of it for good. 4 pills 2 days. I get a really nasty metallic taste and nausea but the few weeks I was without bacterial vaginitis it was definitely worth it!

November 20, 2012 7:22 PM

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Didn't help and left me tired and with a metallic taste.

October 2, 2012 12:13 PM

Review by Cynt:

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I've only had to deal with a mild metallic taste for the two days of treatment. It seems to leave the first day after treatment. Tindamax works quickly to get rid of the bacterial vaginitis, which I deal with on a more than regular basis to the point that I can now diagnose myself -- I just call the doctor and he calls in the prescription. I like that I only need to take it for two days and then I'm done and the bacterial vaginitis is gone...once again.

July 19, 2011 2:00 PM

Review by Thisland:

For Amebiasis: Dientamoeba fragilis is notoriously difficult to get rid of. I've tried anti-parasite herbs, Flagyl, Alinia, Tinidazole plus Yodoxin, and most recently, Tinidazole plus Paramomycin. The first time I had a very low dose (250mg) but I actually felt much better while taking it. After I finished, though, symptoms worsened again. The second time I took 1000mg, and that knocked out about 90% of my pain and other symptoms for about 4 months, until I took an antibiotic for a different infection. Then it worsened again. But overall I feel like Tinidazole worked far better than any of the other remedies (including the herbs, dietary restrictions and digestive enzymes).

July 14, 2011 12:51 PM

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: The nausea alone is what made me give this medication a 1. Not only are you over-the-top nauseous, but the tired feeling and nasty metallic taste is overwhelming! I will most definitely be calling my doctor tomorrow for the gel.

July 6, 2011 9:43 PM

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Experienced severe headaches, vaginal discharge, nausea and a metallic taste. I only took it for 2 days.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2011 10:33 PM

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: This medicine makes me have a metallic taste in my mouth. I also have vaginal irritation.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2011 2:10 PM

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I'm on the tinidazole right now. It has caused me severe nausea and severe headaches that I can't even treat with Tylenol 3. My head hurts all day.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2011 11:34 AM

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I was treated with 4 pills once per day for 2 days. I was nervous about the side effects but they were very mild. The only side effects I noticed was a slight discoloration of my urine and a mild metallic taste in my mouth. I always was pretty tired all day. It wasn't anything keeping me from my day to day, but I found it easy to over sleep. All in all, it cleared up the vaginosis quickly. Also, be careful because this medicine may give you a yeast infection, but nothing a little prevention can't handle (I used cranberry pills, ate yogurt daily and increased my water intake).

February 23, 2011 10:50 PM

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: Metallic taste in your mouth throughout entire course of therapy!

November 19, 2009 2:07 PM

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Trichomoniasis: I was diagnosed with Trichomoniasis in early September after having awful symptoms. I had a foul discharge, pain when urinating, pain during intercourse, slight bleeding during intercourse and didn't know what was wrong. Since this was my first time having this I was very scared. My doctor told me it is easily treated and it's a common STD so while I was still upset it did put my mind at ease a little. I took 4 pills of 500mg in one dose and abstained for a little over a week and it got rid of all the symptoms. I must admit it worked well and I had no side effects.

November 11, 2009 6:47 PM

Review by freshee61:

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: I used it about 2 months ago for bacterial vaginitis and it went away but came back now. Bacterial vaginitis is horrible. This is the only thing that cures it.

September 11, 2009 4:57 PM

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: This was the best medication that I have used for a vaginal infection. It works quickly to clear up the pain. I would definitely use it again.

June 19, 2009 6:45 PM

Review by madhava:

For Amebiasis: Good medicine, despite metalic taste. Avoid alcohol and take it during midway during meal.

June 8, 2008 8:15 AM