User Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Learn more about Armour Thyroid.

Thyroid Cancer 1 reviews 15 medications

TSH Suppression 0 reviews 23 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Armour Thyroid reviews 68 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Review by Tina822 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I like this one as it is the most natural thyroid medication. I am constantly losing my hair but that is caused by hypothyroidism as well.

October 9, 2012 6:59 AM
Review by csoljak (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I had Graves disease 20 years ago and my thyroid was burned out with irradiated iodide. I was put on Synthroid daily and gained almost 80 pounds over the years. I had all the bad headaches, fatigue, water retention, brain fog etc. Finally I started working for a functional medicine doctor who specializes in bioidentical hormone treatment. I signed up and we switched me over to Armour. I have only been taking it for about a week and I am already starting to feel better. I will report back in another week to say how I am feeling.

September 11, 2012 3:42 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: Desiccated thyroid extract = works Cytomel Synthroid = works Synthroid/T4 only thyroid medicines = DO NOT WORK

August 21, 2012 11:58 PM
Review by mika23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I am on 60mg of Armour. I was on Cytomel and felt better. My numbers got worse so my doctor switched me to Armour. It's okay, but I still can't lose those 10 lbs. that I want to and I've never had a hard time losing weight. I get really tired at night too. I like the idea of Armour since it's been around for so long, but I just wish I could lose this weight and have a little more energy at night.

June 29, 2012 4:44 PM
Review by dnamel (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I have been on some form of thyroid for 20 years. First I was on Armour then Synthroid. But what changed all that was my thyroid cancer diagnosis 6 months ago. They kept me on Synthroid, and never told me there was a difference. It seems to me that you need T4 and T3, which armour provides. I felt so achy after my surgery. Everyday my body hurt and I was do tired and absent minded. Also I have had weight gain. Went to a different doctor last week and have switched to Armour. We shall see. The main difference I feel so far is less body aches. That is wonderful to me!

June 16, 2012 6:20 PM
Review by T.T.: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I was on Synthroid for 5 yrs, when I went from 75mcgs to 125mcg I realized that the allergies were from my medicine. Swelling of the throat, losing my voice, weight gain, etc. Now because of 2 weeks on Armour I am. I am so optimistic and I feel 20 yrs younger.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 8, 2012 12:06 PM

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: Made me sick. Took myself off it after two weeks.

January 25, 2012 9:57 AM
Review by camparitonic: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I have been taking Armour Thryroid 60 mg/day for about 9 months and some of my symptoms of Hypothyroidism improved, however my (Jan 2012) lab tests suggested I was still low. My doctor doubled the dose to 120 mg/day. In the past, I occasionally noticed some small pimples in the area of my lower lip and chin but after two weeks on the higher dose, I started "blooming" all over my face and neck. I looked like I was suffering from a case of measles or severe acne. My doctor advised me to immediately stop the Armour. I have read a number if reports of people experiencing the same or similar allergic reaction to the changed Armour formula.

January 14, 2012 12:43 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: I found out I had an under active thyroid about 2 years ago and as a college student I found it so hard to focus in class. My doctor placed me on Synthroid and I took it for about 6 months. I had severe headaches, depression, weight gain with no weight loss in sight, and feeling tired and horrible. I went to my obgyn for a yearly check up and he checked my thyroid and now I'm taking Armour. I love this medicine. All the headaches, loss of focus, and the weight gained again is gone! I take it the same time everyday and this pill works for me!

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 13, 2011 1:20 AM
Review by AZGIRL, 25: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I've been on Armour for over 3 months now, and my TSH and T4 levels are only getting worse. I go to the Doctor every 3 weeks to have my blood drawn and there has been no improvement! Every time I go to the Doctor they keep having to up the dosage 30mg, and each increase I feel worse and worse. My hair has fallen out, I feel lethargic and achy all over, I can't sleep at night and when I finally do get to sleep I wind up staying in bed for 13 hours! I have no energy.

August 20, 2011 4:36 PM
Review by Miss lily: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: Over 13 years was on different synthetic thyroid medicines. About 5 yrs ago started having problems with diarrhea, constipation, fatigue. Then two yrs ago horrible aches and pains, very low temperature. I felt I was dying. Pointed out to my doctor abnormal t3s and t4s which he never noticed. After taking every diagnostic test and even CT scans I was finally prescribed Armour thyroid. I have my life back again. Unbelievable.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 8, 2011 8:44 PM

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I was on Synthroid, Lexothyroxine, etc. for three years with no improvement. I complained constantly and two doctors told me to see a psychiatrist. I finally did, and she said, "you're not crazy, you need real thyroid medicine!" She put me on Armour, and I'll never use the synthetic medicines again!

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 28, 2011 1:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: This medicine seems to work the best for me...however, the old reformulated was better because the cellulose filler caused some digestive issues.

April 28, 2011 12:27 PM
Review by marsmemories: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: After several weeks I finally got the doctor to change my script to Armour Thyroid I have begun to feel better. Now I have to convince him to increase the dose. He first told me he would "get in trouble with the law" if he prescribed Armour but when I told him I would call a pharmacy to check what he said, he recanted and ordered me Armouor Thyroid 15 mg. I have had Armour on and off through my life. The lab tests were not right as they had the level ranges too high. Now I am back to square one. I am looking forward to feeling the way I should. God bless Armour Thyroid.

April 23, 2011 10:33 PM
Review by beachkid7: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: With both parents hypothyroid, I was diagnosed hypothyroid at 7 years old, so have 50 years of personal experience with thyroid medicines. Armour Thyroid is absolutely the best in my opinion. Doctors tried to "fool my body" with assorted synthetic products, but my system (& Mom's) did not do the T3-T4 conversion. On top of the usual problems of being functionally underdosed I developed worse results: thrombocytopenia (critically low platelets), high cholesterol, inability to metabolize calcium leading to lower bone density than my own mother. On Synthroid one Internal Medicine doctor even wondered if I had Hashimoto's Disease. Use Armour. Treat the patient.

April 21, 2011 9:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: This medicine makes me feel like I'm going to explode. It makes me nervous and I have difficulty sleeping.

March 5, 2011 1:17 PM
Review by brownturtle: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: 1 year ago my MD put me on Synthroid and after 3 months I had so much pain in my legs, I stopped taking it and my pain went away. I discovered Armour thyroid and it made such a difference in the way I felt.

January 26, 2011 5:34 PM
Review by Vdunsel: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: After years of levothyroxine, I never felt any improvement. After a little research, I requested a trial of natural thyroid. I felt improvement quickly. When I was assigned a new doctor, she refused to continue the natural thyroid and put me back on the synthetic. Needless to say, I went back to feeling blah. A new doctor was willing to work with me and natural thyroid, and the mind fogs are gone! I feel "normal" once again!

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 9, 2010 9:35 PM
Review by gigisdiamonds: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I and 3 other family members that have low thyroid and all have found this works best. However at this time we are unable to get any and have been put on Synthroid.

April 20, 2010 3:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Hashimoto's disease: I was on Synthroid for 1 1/2 years I gained 10 pounds and had anxiety. For the first year I had full trust in my doctor, but later I was not feeling right. I had memory fogs, anxiety, and my weight was a problem. I used to be a size 4 and now I am a size 12. That alone was depressing. I took charge and researched Hashimotos Disease. I later told my doctor that I wanted to go on Armour and that I was done with Synthroid. He said okay and put me on a 60mg 30mg because he thought we would have to adjust it. Well here I am a year later taking 60mg 30mg and 10 pounds less without working out.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 7, 2010 2:09 PM
Review by Ladyartist: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: Great news! I just talked with Forest Labs (manufacturer of Armour Thyroid). They updated their manufacturing equipment and changed formulation by increasing dextrose and decreasing cellulose. The dessicated thyroid stayed the same, even though they have trouble getting it. However, the pills now are very difficult to cut in half (they crumble). I do great on Armour and had a severe allergic reaction to synthetic hormones. I don't like the new formulation as much because I cut my pills in half, but it's better than synthetic. Hope this information helps.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 18, 2010 6:11 PM
Review by rose63: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I had used Armour Thyroid 5yrs. ago. I had bowl surgery, which really messed my whole body up. I stopped it. Now, I started Armour Thyroid back up, seems, I cannot be without it. I got sick, and continue to do so, if I cannot get this medication. I get more sick, if I get synthroid, and the other thyroid meds. However, with Armour Thyroid, It already has the t3 and t4 for me, so my body will not break down the synthroid or other thyroid meds, as with Armour Thyroid, its a God send. Now, I got a pharmacy thats using a compound to make my 30mg for me in a capsule format. I feel I need my 60mg back as I was on 5yrs. ago. I feel the capsules compound isnt right or not as strong, seems I need more to make me feel better.

February 13, 2010 5:52 PM
Review by EileenJ: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I am very sad that this is not available right now. It greatly improved my quality of life.

January 13, 2010 12:42 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I had trouble getting Armour brand too. I found a local pharmacy that carries a generic desiccated thyroid pill. It works just as well (for me) and it's very economical.

December 31, 2009 9:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated) for Underactive Thyroid: I called Forrest Pharmaceuticals and the customer service rep told me they are NOT planning on discontinuing, but they are having trouble getting enough of the active ingredients (pig thyroid) to meet demand. Thank you "Swine Flu" for causing people to be afraid to consume pork. I feared this would happen when the scare about swine flu first hit the news.

December 22, 2009 11:17 PM
Page 1 2 3 Next

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here