User Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Learn more about Armour Thyroid.

TSH Suppression 1 reviews 24 medications

Thyroid Cancer 2 reviews 15 medications

Summary of Armour Thyroid reviews 78 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Review by kaloka (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: Armour thyroid gave back my happy life.

September 15, 2013 3:22 AM

Review by Debbelite:

For Underactive Thyroid: Diagnosed with mild hypothyroid a month ago. Started feeling great, but also started getting a rash all over my upper thigh, it isn't itchy or red. It's just raised like poisin oak rash. Waiting to see if it is truly the Armour causing the rash. I haven't seen many people with this side effect. I would hate to stop it (30 mg).

September 5, 2013 4:41 PM

Review by Glampam:

For Thyroid Cancer: I have been taking 6 grains of Armour Thyroid for almost two years. I had thyroid cancer about six years ago. So nice to be on natural medication THAT WORKS! I feel so much better since switching to Armour. I hope more doctor's will understand that this is a viable, wonderful option for their patients.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2013 7:09 PM

For Underactive Thyroid: I have been taking Armour for 1 1/2 years, lost 13 pounds, I do not need to lose weight, I feel too thin now. My joints ache, one knee has swollen, feeling tired. I also noticed that having a one beer or cocktail leaves me very ill the next day. T3 level is low so my doctor said to try two 60 mg a day (one morning/night).

July 20, 2013 3:23 PM

Review by Cher::

For Underactive Thyroid: When I was Diagnosed With thyroid problems around nine years ago. My TSH was a 6.7. I was placed on Synthriod. I developed terrible headaches right from the start. The Dr. decided to switch over to Levoxyl brand. Let me tell you it has been a whirl wind of problems from tiredness, to aches and pains coming out of nowhere. I gain 50lbs in the last nine years. Constantly dieting, the gym, nothing worked. Swelling and cloudy thinking. The Dr. said my TSH was normal. Okay, just started on Armour Thyroid 60mg. Unbelievable. My aches and pains are gone. Lost five pounds in these last two weeks. Swelling is gone and I am alert! Do your homework and take charge. I finally did! " Armour changed my life".

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2013 12:44 PM

Review by Got my life back! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hashimoto's disease: After college I was diagnosed with Grave's disease and they did the radioactive iodine treatment on me which completely killed my thyroid. I used to be super skinny and could eat all the time. Now I'm not one of those people who ever got big my max weight after treatment was 147lbs, which for 5"4 still wasn't "big". I however was spending 2 hours working out 5 days a week and basically living on protein shakes so I should have definitely been a lot thinner. Before the treatment I was 123lbs and to bloom up to 147lbs in a matter of 4 years. I was on Synthroid for 6 years and never felt normal. I tried Naturoid for 6 months still nothing. My new doctor put me on Armour and I couldn't be happier. I have my energy back and am down to 130lbs.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2013 12:57 PM

Review by ravengrrl (taken for 10 years or more):

For Underactive Thyroid: I have been on dessicated Thyroid since I was diagnosed in 1999, recommended by my naturopath as superior to synthetic. My problem has been that most doctors dose based on TSH which doesn't necessarily equate to thyroid function. I was losing energy in the evening, falling asleep after meals and having a hard time losing some weight (not normal for me). I found a practitioner to monitor dosing to my symptoms and I am much better. I take 60mg in the morning and another 60mg in the afternoon and I have lots of energy and sleep when I want to. I'm still taking less than many who regularly take thyroid meds, but I feel great.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 3, 2013 7:18 PM

Review by Debra369 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease and had my thyroid radiated so it no longer functions. I was started on Synthroid and I felt horrible. I was eventually prescribed all the other thyroid medicines but nothing worked well. I felt awful, I couldn't remember anything, I was exhausted and irritable all the time. Finally a Dr. prescribed me Armour and I feel almost normal again. It can be very hard to get as Dr.'s have to have a special license to prescribe it but I've been persistent and will accept no other thyroid replacement medication.

February 6, 2013 5:17 PM

Review by J9M (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Underactive Thyroid: I was first prescribed Synthroid...Whilst my TSH levels came down to 1,9 I still had side effects, like I was permanently cold...and fatigued, as well as gained 30 pounds...I changed to Armour, and my feelings of intense cold subsided, my fatigue eased ff...and my weight is slowly coming down...My TSH level is down to 0.42!

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 18, 2013 10:52 PM

Review by Chill c (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I started taking Synthroid 200mrgs From 2002- Oct 2012. Because i had thyroid cancer. had both of my thyroids removed. A friend told me to try armour thyroid, and you will fill alot better. I took her advice and she gave mw the name of the Dr who will perscride armour thyroid. I been taking 90mrgs of Amour thyroid and i fill great, I can tell the difference after i took the first pill. My energy level is very high. I dont need a nap during the day.

October 13, 2012 8:50 PM

Review by Tina822 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Underactive Thyroid: I like this one as it is the most natural thyroid medication. I am constantly losing my hair but that is caused by hypothyroidism as well.

October 9, 2012 6:59 AM

Review by csoljak (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I had Graves disease 20 years ago and my thyroid was burned out with irradiated iodide. I was put on Synthroid daily and gained almost 80 pounds over the years. I had all the bad headaches, fatigue, water retention, brain fog etc. Finally I started working for a functional medicine doctor who specializes in bioidentical hormone treatment. I signed up and we switched me over to Armour. I have only been taking it for about a week and I am already starting to feel better. I will report back in another week to say how I am feeling.

September 11, 2012 3:42 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Hashimoto's disease: Desiccated thyroid extract = works Cytomel Synthroid = works Synthroid/T4 only thyroid medicines = DO NOT WORK

August 21, 2012 11:58 PM

Review by mika23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Underactive Thyroid: I am on 60mg of Armour. I was on Cytomel and felt better. My numbers got worse so my doctor switched me to Armour. It's okay, but I still can't lose those 10 lbs. that I want to and I've never had a hard time losing weight. I get really tired at night too. I like the idea of Armour since it's been around for so long, but I just wish I could lose this weight and have a little more energy at night.

June 29, 2012 4:44 PM

Review by dnamel (taken for less than 1 month):

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I have been on some form of thyroid for 20 years. First I was on Armour then Synthroid. But what changed all that was my thyroid cancer diagnosis 6 months ago. They kept me on Synthroid, and never told me there was a difference. It seems to me that you need T4 and T3, which armour provides. I felt so achy after my surgery. Everyday my body hurt and I was do tired and absent minded. Also I have had weight gain. Went to a different doctor last week and have switched to Armour. We shall see. The main difference I feel so far is less body aches. That is wonderful to me!

June 16, 2012 6:20 PM

Review by T.T.:

For Underactive Thyroid: I was on Synthroid for 5 yrs, when I went from 75mcgs to 125mcg I realized that the allergies were from my medicine. Swelling of the throat, losing my voice, weight gain, etc. Now because of 2 weeks on Armour I am. I am so optimistic and I feel 20 yrs younger.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2012 12:06 PM

For Underactive Thyroid: Made me sick. Took myself off it after two weeks.

January 25, 2012 9:57 AM

Review by camparitonic:

For Underactive Thyroid: I have been taking Armour Thryroid 60 mg/day for about 9 months and some of my symptoms of Hypothyroidism improved, however my (Jan 2012) lab tests suggested I was still low. My doctor doubled the dose to 120 mg/day. In the past, I occasionally noticed some small pimples in the area of my lower lip and chin but after two weeks on the higher dose, I started "blooming" all over my face and neck. I looked like I was suffering from a case of measles or severe acne. My doctor advised me to immediately stop the Armour. I have read a number if reports of people experiencing the same or similar allergic reaction to the changed Armour formula.

January 14, 2012 12:43 PM

For Hashimoto's disease: I found out I had an under active thyroid about 2 years ago and as a college student I found it so hard to focus in class. My doctor placed me on Synthroid and I took it for about 6 months. I had severe headaches, depression, weight gain with no weight loss in sight, and feeling tired and horrible. I went to my obgyn for a yearly check up and he checked my thyroid and now I'm taking Armour. I love this medicine. All the headaches, loss of focus, and the weight gained again is gone! I take it the same time everyday and this pill works for me!

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2011 1:20 AM

Review by AZGIRL, 25:

For Underactive Thyroid: I've been on Armour for over 3 months now, and my TSH and T4 levels are only getting worse. I go to the Doctor every 3 weeks to have my blood drawn and there has been no improvement! Every time I go to the Doctor they keep having to up the dosage 30mg, and each increase I feel worse and worse. My hair has fallen out, I feel lethargic and achy all over, I can't sleep at night and when I finally do get to sleep I wind up staying in bed for 13 hours! I have no energy.

August 20, 2011 4:36 PM

Review by Miss lily:

For Underactive Thyroid: Over 13 years was on different synthetic thyroid medicines. About 5 yrs ago started having problems with diarrhea, constipation, fatigue. Then two yrs ago horrible aches and pains, very low temperature. I felt I was dying. Pointed out to my doctor abnormal t3s and t4s which he never noticed. After taking every diagnostic test and even CT scans I was finally prescribed Armour thyroid. I have my life back again. Unbelievable.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2011 8:44 PM

For Underactive Thyroid: I was on Synthroid, Lexothyroxine, etc. for three years with no improvement. I complained constantly and two doctors told me to see a psychiatrist. I finally did, and she said, "you're not crazy, you need real thyroid medicine!" She put me on Armour, and I'll never use the synthetic medicines again!

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2011 1:11 PM

For Underactive Thyroid: This medicine seems to work the best for me...however, the old reformulated was better because the cellulose filler caused some digestive issues.

April 28, 2011 12:27 PM

Review by marsmemories:

For Underactive Thyroid: After several weeks I finally got the doctor to change my script to Armour Thyroid I have begun to feel better. Now I have to convince him to increase the dose. He first told me he would "get in trouble with the law" if he prescribed Armour but when I told him I would call a pharmacy to check what he said, he recanted and ordered me Armouor Thyroid 15 mg. I have had Armour on and off through my life. The lab tests were not right as they had the level ranges too high. Now I am back to square one. I am looking forward to feeling the way I should. God bless Armour Thyroid.

April 23, 2011 10:33 PM

Review by beachkid7:

For Underactive Thyroid: With both parents hypothyroid, I was diagnosed hypothyroid at 7 years old, so have 50 years of personal experience with thyroid medicines. Armour Thyroid is absolutely the best in my opinion. Doctors tried to "fool my body" with assorted synthetic products, but my system (& Mom's) did not do the T3-T4 conversion. On top of the usual problems of being functionally underdosed I developed worse results: thrombocytopenia (critically low platelets), high cholesterol, inability to metabolize calcium leading to lower bone density than my own mother. On Synthroid one Internal Medicine doctor even wondered if I had Hashimoto's Disease. Use Armour. Treat the patient.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 21, 2011 9:28 AM