User Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Learn more about Armour Thyroid.

TSH Suppression 1 reviews 24 medications

8.4
Thyroid Cancer 2 reviews 16 medications

Summary of Armour Thyroid reviews 92 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Armour Thyroid

For Hashimoto's disease "For years I felt terrible most days. Tired, sleeping by 7pm. No energy, gained weight, was puffy/bloated all the time. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease 9 months ago. My doctor prescribed levothyroxine. I still didn't feel like myself. Still no energy, breaking out in sweats (especially at night), always felt bloated. No relief from my symptoms. The worst symptom of all was forgetfulness and brain fog. After reading a page (Hypothyroid Mom) on facebook, I saw how many people had success with Armour Thyroid. She put me on 30mg twice daily. Now I am hyperthyroid. Hoping to get this under control soon. I feel 100 times better on Armour. And I've lost a little bit of weight!"

Sashas New Mom March 18, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been on Armour since October '13. I was diagnosed hypothyroid. I have steadily gained weight ever since I started. 20lbs. It has not helped with my cold hands or feet, dry skin, or fatigue. My hair has stopped falling out so bad but that is about the only thing good I can say about this. Also, Im not sure if its related but I've had serious worsening of lower back pain since starting this. "

lrward March 7, 2014

For Underactive Thyroid "It took years before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and placed on Synthroid, I started to feel better but many major issues remained. I got more energy back, but never lost weight. My memory got better, but I wasn't clear-headed. I continued to feel major anxiety and had emotional ups and downs. When I found a doctor who suggested I try Armour, within 2 weeks of taking it my life seemed to return. I am a strong supporter of Armour."

alarones (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 8, 2014

205 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I had been experiencing undiagnosed hypothyroidism symptoms for long time without really knowing what was going on: extreme fatigue, brain fogginess,mood swings, cold. I had been having my thyroid tested for years due to my mother having had a tumor and removal of hers and yet the dr's all kept telling me the levels were fine. I went to an Integrative Dr and he prescribed for me. I've gradually worked up to taking 45 mg a day. 60mg was too much, headache, very painful and hardened breasts, really bad PMS type symptoms and the bloating! My biggest issue is also the puffiness and inability to lose weight! Protein shakes, cardio exercise and strength training and nothing helps. It's so frustrating!"

NYAL February 3, 2014

For Underactive Thyroid "When my hypothyroidism went low enough to treat 15 years ago, I was given Levoxyl, adjusted up to 150 mcg. Fibromyalgia of 23 years worsened. In last 4 years, I developed severe fatigue crashes, heat and exercise intolerance, anxiety, depression, water retention, leg and back muscle weakness/wasting/pain. Tests normal. I exhausted best rheumatologist and neurologist in town, two normal muscle biopsies. Thyroid levels top of normal. Doctors kept me there, prescribing prednisone and five other medicines for fatigue and pain. Sudden breathing problems occurred. Hyperthyroidism exhausted my adrenals. New doctor put me on Armour, lower at 75 mg two weeks ago. I feel fantastic - more strength, less pain/weakness!"

MalibuMary January 26, 2014

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I started off in Oct 2013 on 15 mg of Armour for hypothyroid symptoms. I slowly increased it up to 180 mg by December as per doctor's instructions. I felt a little better, but still bouts of severe fatigue. Suddenly, I woke up last week very energized and started buzzing around cleaning. I felt like I had 3 cups of coffee. Racing heart and anxiety in my chest. I found myself having to find a quiet place to sit and meditate just to try and lower my heart rate. Two days later I went for blood tests. TSH 0.009, Free T3 4.1, and Free T4 1.41. Iron levels and adrenals are fine. Now I am hyperthyroid I guess. I am down to 60mg of Armour. Hopefully I will be able to find a happy balance. "

florns (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I tried several synthetic medicines for hypothyroid to no avail, then a doctor recommended Armour. It has proved to be the best thing - getting me close to my 'normal' self with little to no side effects."

alarones (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 27, 2013

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been on Armour for 4 days and I have already noticed a difference. I could actually take off my wedding ring. I sleep really well for about 7 hours. Not waking up constantly. My swelling has gone down significantly. My joints do not ache. Not getting as winded. I am taking 60mg. I have noticed that I am really tired at night. I like the suggestion of taking it at night as well. I'll have to check with my doctor and get his opinion."

klenk December 19, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "Everyone's battle with Hashimoto's will be different which will lead to different treatments. In my case, Armour has worked best. About a year ago, I had a sudden increase in weight with no change in diet or exercise. Once I saw this change, I ate healthier than ever before and working out consistently yet my weight went from 115 to 130 in a short period of time. I felt "puffy" and bloated constantly. Finally I was given Synthroid because Hashi's runs in my family and I had increase of antibodies. I was on it for 6 weeks and did not see any improvement. I am now on my 5th week of Armour and the bloating is gone as well as the weight gain. Don't let the doctors tell you how you feel. You must treat the symptoms. I hope this helps someone."

College student (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2013

302 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "Diagnosed with hypothyroidism over ten years ago with body aches, insomnia, brain fog, weight gain, etc. On Armour all my symptoms went away except for weight gain despite heavy exercise and dieting. I keep up my regimen but I'm desperate to lose the weight. I don't understand why the Armour has helped everything but the weight gain."

donatos October 14, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I've been on Armour thyroid for 4 months or so and I've lost no weight and I'm tired all the time, also gained weight. Having hot flashes and night sweats and I've been feeling dizzy. My TSH is low along with my T3 and T4. It's time to switch medicines once again. I've been on 2 other medicines and nothing is helping me I'm so frustrated. I need some help, anyone know of a better medicine out there? "

Barb w October 11, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "I started with 60 MG of Armour thyroid as well and my doctor increased to 90 MG after the results of my second blood work. I knew he would do this because it makes sense."

QuickSilver (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "I first took Armour Thyroid on August 9th, after my doctor said my thyroid was sluggish. I experienced a rash and itchy skin after four days. That is a normal side effect that was rectified by taking half a pill for 7 days then resuming whole pills. The rash and itchiness ended once my body was introduced to taking half a pill. It was an allergic reaction. I have already lost 6 pounds in one month. I expect to lose more and continue to experience good things from here on out with Armour Thyroid. I like that it's bioidentical and is absorbed into our system faster and better than synthetic. That is according to research."

QuickSilver September 23, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "I have had every symptom of hypothyroidism except constipation. I tried Levothyroxine for a month and nothing. I've been taking Armour for 6 weeks and I feel better but I haven't lost any weight despite totally changing my diet and exercising with cardio and strength training for at least 5 days a week. This has never been typical for me. I have been taking 60 mg of Armour Thyroid. My doctor hasn't increased this dosage fearing it will cause hypo but I cannot lose any weight and I've never been in this situation."

melissa1972 September 19, 2013

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Armour thyroid gave back my happy life."

kaloka (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "Diagnosed with mild hypothyroid a month ago. Started feeling great, but also started getting a rash all over my upper thigh, it isn't itchy or red. It's just raised like poisin oak rash. Waiting to see if it is truly the Armour causing the rash. I haven't seen many people with this side effect. I would hate to stop it (30 mg)."

Debbelite September 5, 2013

For Thyroid Cancer "I have been taking 6 grains of Armour Thyroid for almost two years. I had thyroid cancer about six years ago. So nice to be on natural medication THAT WORKS! I feel so much better since switching to Armour. I hope more doctor's will understand that this is a viable, wonderful option for their patients."

Glampam August 1, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been taking Armour for 1 1/2 years, lost 13 pounds, I do not need to lose weight, I feel too thin now. My joints ache, one knee has swollen, feeling tired. I also noticed that having a one beer or cocktail leaves me very ill the next day. T3 level is low so my doctor said to try two 60 mg a day (one morning/night). "

Anonymous July 20, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "When I was Diagnosed With thyroid problems around nine years ago. My TSH was a 6.7. I was placed on Synthriod. I developed terrible headaches right from the start. The Dr. decided to switch over to Levoxyl brand. Let me tell you it has been a whirl wind of problems from tiredness, to aches and pains coming out of nowhere. I gain 50lbs in the last nine years. Constantly dieting, the gym, nothing worked. Swelling and cloudy thinking. The Dr. said my TSH was normal. Okay, just started on Armour Thyroid 60mg. Unbelievable. My aches and pains are gone. Lost five pounds in these last two weeks. Swelling is gone and I am alert! Do your homework and take charge. I finally did! " Armour changed my life"."

Cher: July 9, 2013

216 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "After college I was diagnosed with Grave's disease and they did the radioactive iodine treatment on me which completely killed my thyroid. I used to be super skinny and could eat all the time. Now I'm not one of those people who ever got big my max weight after treatment was 147lbs, which for 5"4 still wasn't "big". I however was spending 2 hours working out 5 days a week and basically living on protein shakes so I should have definitely been a lot thinner. Before the treatment I was 123lbs and to bloom up to 147lbs in a matter of 4 years. I was on Synthroid for 6 years and never felt normal. I tried Naturoid for 6 months still nothing. My new doctor put me on Armour and I couldn't be happier. I have my energy back and am down to 130lbs."

Got my life back! (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2013

156 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been on dessicated Thyroid since I was diagnosed in 1999, recommended by my naturopath as superior to synthetic. My problem has been that most doctors dose based on TSH which doesn't necessarily equate to thyroid function. I was losing energy in the evening, falling asleep after meals and having a hard time losing some weight (not normal for me). I found a practitioner to monitor dosing to my symptoms and I am much better. I take 60mg in the morning and another 60mg in the afternoon and I have lots of energy and sleep when I want to. I'm still taking less than many who regularly take thyroid meds, but I feel great."

ravengrrl (taken for 10 years or more) April 3, 2013

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease and had my thyroid radiated so it no longer functions. I was started on Synthroid and I felt horrible. I was eventually prescribed all the other thyroid medicines but nothing worked well. I felt awful, I couldn't remember anything, I was exhausted and irritable all the time. Finally a Dr. prescribed me Armour and I feel almost normal again. It can be very hard to get as Dr.'s have to have a special license to prescribe it but I've been persistent and will accept no other thyroid replacement medication. "

Debra369 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid "I was first prescribed Synthroid...Whilst my TSH levels came down to 1,9 I still had side effects, like I was permanently cold...and fatigued, as well as gained 30 pounds...I changed to Armour, and my feelings of intense cold subsided, my fatigue eased ff...and my weight is slowly coming down...My TSH level is down to 0.42! "

J9M (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I started taking Synthroid 200mrgs From 2002- Oct 2012. Because i had thyroid cancer. had both of my thyroids removed. A friend told me to try armour thyroid, and you will fill alot better. I took her advice and she gave mw the name of the Dr who will perscride armour thyroid. I been taking 90mrgs of Amour thyroid and i fill great, I can tell the difference after i took the first pill. My energy level is very high. I dont need a nap during the day."

Chill c (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2012

For Underactive Thyroid "I like this one as it is the most natural thyroid medication. I am constantly losing my hair but that is caused by hypothyroidism as well."

Tina822 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 9, 2012