User Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Learn more about Armour Thyroid.

TSH Suppression 1 reviews 24 medications

Thyroid Cancer 2 reviews 16 medications

Summary of Armour Thyroid reviews 86 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Review by mrsD92 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Underactive Thyroid: I was on synthroid, levothyroxine and then finally armour thyroid. synthroid and levothyroxine I was on both for 6 months to 1 year. No change in my thyroid and it also made me a bit crazy, I would have anger out bursts for no reason. Once I went on armour thyroid within the first 3 months my levels were getting better, we bumped my dosage up to 120 and my levels are now perfect. I feel so much better on armour thyroid than I ever did on the other 2.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 4, 2015 4:07 PM

Review by thyroidy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Underactive Thyroid: I changed from Levothroxine to Armour in the last two weeks. I feel so much better in this short amount of time. I'm not so bloated and something just didn't feel right with the Levothyroxine. I have only been taking it two weeks, but the way I feel is good. I take 30 of Armour.

April 23, 2015 5:31 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Underactive Thyroid: Four years ago, I began taking birth control. After a year of trying to find the "right" pill, I was experiencing extreme fatigue, mood swings, depression, constipation, skin/hair problems, weight gain, and inability to lose weight. I stopped the pill and still continued to experience these symptoms. I spent the next few years trying to lose weight and trying to convince my doctor to treat my thyroid. She wouldn't because my TSH level was normal. Two months ago, I found a doctor who prescribes Armour based on symptoms. In one month of taking 25mg of Armour daily, I have regained my health and my life. Fight for your health and ask for Armour. If it doesn't work for you, it's worth searching for a medication that does to feel healthy again.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2015 8:13 AM

Review by buttheadface:

For Underactive Thyroid: I have been on Armour Thyroid for about a year with only a little bit of good results and then about a month ago I realized I should not be eating or drinking especially coffee within the first hour of taking it. I waited a whole hour after taking it to drink my coffee and I have finally started losing the 10 pounds that would not come off and I realized I was doing a whole lot more during the day and wanting to than before. I also noticed much less migraines. I vote yes! I would rate it a 10 if I could drink it with coffee.

March 11, 2015 11:01 PM

Review by AnonLady:

For Hashimoto's disease: Like many others I received diagnosis after getting so bad that I could barely walk, couldn't get out of a chair without rolling over to the arm and pulling/pushing myself out. Was prescribed synthetic and got a bit better but my hair started falling out and got headaches. I started the research & insisted on the Armour. Huge difference., esp mental performance. I make my living doing analyses on high risk complex things. It was so wonderful to get my brain back. I had some help from a naturopathic Dr who suggest that I add supplements to address any adrenals damage (adrenal rebuilders). Final step has been traditional Chinese Medicine and I am now almost off the Armour, too. Western med will tell you thyroid is a lifelong path. Maybe.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2015 12:45 PM

Review by DCOVA (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Hashimoto's disease: I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's at 11 yrs old and was on Synthroid since until last year (I was 28). After I was off all medication for about 6 months and my blood test came back at a dangerous level, my doctor immediately got me back on a lower dosage of Synthroid, but I had one of the worst side effects from it - so she quickly switched me to Armour and gradually upped the dose from 30mg until I got to 120mg and my blood levels were back to normal. I've never felt better! I started to lose the weight I gained during my non-medicated time and I have energy I thought I never had. At this point, I refuse to go back to Synthroid. I wish I knew of this before now, everyone around me can see the difference in my moods, a lot happier!

February 5, 2015 9:41 PM

Review by Satellite41:

For Underactive Thyroid: I was on synthetic thyroid medicine and I was still miserable. I strongly recommend having your doctor switch you over to armour thyroid. It is amazing. I have energy, my hair isn't breaking off, I lose weight when I exercise. I absolutely love it.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2015 12:43 PM

Review by Dona M:

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: My energy is back to where it use to be. I feel normal

January 6, 2015 6:43 AM

Review by ITALIUNGURL:

For Hashimoto's disease: I have been on Armour for 13 years minimal symptoms.. Steady TSH and optimal F T3.

December 14, 2014 12:38 PM

Review by Roksanaroxy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hashimoto's disease: I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at age 14 although I had a high TSH (in the normal range) since I was born. I was treated with Synthroid and levothyroxine for the past 7 years and I never really thought about how it was affecting me. Within these 7 years I gained and lost and gained again 75 lbs which was due to the depression that Synthroid was causing. I recently began feeling so bad and decided to stop Synthroid and asked my doctor for Armour...one month later and I am as happy and optimistic as I used to be before Synthroid. I have also lost 12 lbs within a month (with proper diet and nutrition of course). I have had no side effects on this medication and I am 100% happy I decided to switch.

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by euma:

For Hashimoto's disease: Armour has given me energy again and without any side effects. Synthoid never made me better. It hurt my bones and gave me a big face.

November 19, 2014 2:23 PM

Review by me2buc12:

For TSH Suppression: It works well for TSH supression

August 19, 2014 9:08 PM

Review by rc71 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hashimoto's disease: Within a week of taking Armour Thyroid my periods returned (they were gone 2 yrs on T4 only), my energy levels returned (I could barely walk or do any housework on T4 only), I can think clearly now (was in a state of confusion on T4) depression is gone completely (I was in a depressive state on T4 only and refused antidepressants because I knew it was not depression because of my life). I am out of the bedroom and functioning again.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2014 1:39 PM

Review by LAMF (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hashimoto's disease: I have had Thryoiditis/ Hashimotos and Raynauds Syndrome for 20 yrs. TSH was as HIGH as 200 but never went below 65 in 14 yrs. I've had 13 heart procedures and 16 stents. A Pacemaker in 2010 due to a Heart rate of 42 but no attention given to a TSH that was 165. Now we are checking for PHEOCHROMOCYTOMA .. Also my GP has replaced SYNTHROID with ARMOUR. Synthroid has NO IODINE OR T3 needed for the body. Side effects are terrible for a week but my body is ALIVE thanks to ARMOUR.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by Nurse Barb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Underactive Thyroid: After 25 years of waiting to feel better on Levothyroxine I finally found someone to prescribe Armour last fall. For the first time in years I feel warm. We just had the worst winter in years and I didn't have to turn the thermostat up once. My bowels are more regular than before. I felt more energy right from the start. More doctors should use this medication.

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2014 11:28 AM

Review by I need help! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Thyroid Cancer: I had 3 types of Thyroid cancer 22 years ago so had a thyroidectomy/isthmusectomy and have 1 parathyroid left. I was put on Synthroid for 22 years, then became toxic to it. New Endocrinologist put me on Tirosint, it was great at first, all bad symptoms of Synthroid disappeared then started having negative side effect of always sleeping and felt numb emotionally. Switched to Armour Thyroid and even worse, I'm not sleepy any more BUT now I'm "always" nauseated, can't eat, shaking, thirsty all the time, gastric upset, stomach ache, muscle fatigue like I've never experienced, palpitations back but not as bad as when on the Synthroid medicine, S.O.B on exertion. I was put on 90 of Armour Thyroid now 75 (one 60 and one 15).

May 4, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by tina p.:

For Underactive Thyroid: So far so good. After total thyroid removal, had difficulty on just levothyroxine T4. Slept all day, irritated etc. the usual. Enough was enough, emailed my endocrinologist and he tried a different route. Its been a week and I already lost 6 of the 8 lbs I gained over a 7 week period. I have more energy and symptoms are gone. Continued exercise with high protein/ fiber shakes and never felt better. Hopefully it gives us sufferers what we are looking for and need!

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by loony:

For Underactive Thyroid: Over 12 years of battling with hypothyroidism with all it s crazy symptoms, stop school to tired and forgetful, went through a divorce too depressed and lots of weight gain. I thought it was me and dr made me feel I am using my thyroid as excuse since the lab work is normal. I don't want to jinks it but I took my first Armour Thyroid yesterday after requesting it, AND why it a miracle. I felt so alive. So said to think back on my life and what could have been if doctor just really listen to their patient. It took a facebook group to open my eyes.

193 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by T4/T3 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Underactive Thyroid: Armour reduced water retention and joint/tendon fatigue. However, it made me ravenous and raised my free T3 to uncomfortable levels. I also couldn't exercise. Back to Synthroid in the morning and 15 mg Armour in the afternoon... Better.

March 19, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by Sashas New Mom:

For Hashimoto's disease: For years I felt terrible most days. Tired, sleeping by 7pm. No energy, gained weight, was puffy/bloated all the time. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease 9 months ago. My doctor prescribed levothyroxine. I still didn't feel like myself. Still no energy, breaking out in sweats (especially at night), always felt bloated. No relief from my symptoms. The worst symptom of all was forgetfulness and brain fog. After reading a page (Hypothyroid Mom) on facebook, I saw how many people had success with Armour Thyroid. She put me on 30mg twice daily. Now I am hyperthyroid. Hoping to get this under control soon. I feel 100 times better on Armour. And I've lost a little bit of weight!

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2014 1:26 PM

Review by lrward:

For Underactive Thyroid: I have been on Armour since October '13. I was diagnosed hypothyroid. I have steadily gained weight ever since I started. 20lbs. It has not helped with my cold hands or feet, dry skin, or fatigue. My hair has stopped falling out so bad but that is about the only thing good I can say about this. Also, Im not sure if its related but I've had serious worsening of lower back pain since starting this.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by alarones (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Underactive Thyroid: It took years before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and placed on Synthroid, I started to feel better but many major issues remained. I got more energy back, but never lost weight. My memory got better, but I wasn't clear-headed. I continued to feel major anxiety and had emotional ups and downs. When I found a doctor who suggested I try Armour, within 2 weeks of taking it my life seemed to return. I am a strong supporter of Armour.

178 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2014 12:58 PM

Review by NYAL:

For Underactive Thyroid: I had been experiencing undiagnosed hypothyroidism symptoms for long time without really knowing what was going on: extreme fatigue, brain fogginess,mood swings, cold. I had been having my thyroid tested for years due to my mother having had a tumor and removal of hers and yet the dr's all kept telling me the levels were fine. I went to an Integrative Dr and he prescribed for me. I've gradually worked up to taking 45 mg a day. 60mg was too much, headache, very painful and hardened breasts, really bad PMS type symptoms and the bloating! My biggest issue is also the puffiness and inability to lose weight! Protein shakes, cardio exercise and strength training and nothing helps. It's so frustrating!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by MalibuMary:

For Underactive Thyroid: When my hypothyroidism went low enough to treat 15 years ago, I was given Levoxyl, adjusted up to 150 mcg. Fibromyalgia of 23 years worsened. In last 4 years, I developed severe fatigue crashes, heat and exercise intolerance, anxiety, depression, water retention, leg and back muscle weakness/wasting/pain. Tests normal. I exhausted best rheumatologist and neurologist in town, two normal muscle biopsies. Thyroid levels top of normal. Doctors kept me there, prescribing prednisone and five other medicines for fatigue and pain. Sudden breathing problems occurred. Hyperthyroidism exhausted my adrenals. New doctor put me on Armour, lower at 75 mg two weeks ago. I feel fantastic - more strength, less pain/weakness!

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2014 11:31 PM

Review by florns (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hashimoto's disease: I started off in Oct 2013 on 15 mg of Armour for hypothyroid symptoms. I slowly increased it up to 180 mg by December as per doctor's instructions. I felt a little better, but still bouts of severe fatigue. Suddenly, I woke up last week very energized and started buzzing around cleaning. I felt like I had 3 cups of coffee. Racing heart and anxiety in my chest. I found myself having to find a quiet place to sit and meditate just to try and lower my heart rate. Two days later I went for blood tests. TSH 0.009, Free T3 4.1, and Free T4 1.41. Iron levels and adrenals are fine. Now I am hyperthyroid I guess. I am down to 60mg of Armour. Hopefully I will be able to find a happy balance.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2014 9:28 AM