User Reviews for Armour Thyroid

Learn more about Armour Thyroid.

TSH Suppression 1 reviews 24 medications

For TSH Suppression: It works well for TSH supression

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2014 9:08 PM

Review by rc71 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hashimoto's disease: Within a week of taking Armour Thyroid my periods returned (they were gone 2 yrs on T4 only), my energy levels returned (I could barely walk or do any housework on T4 only), I can think clearly now (was in a state of confusion on T4) depression is gone completely (I was in a depressive state on T4 only and refused antidepressants because I knew it was not depression because of my life). I am out of the bedroom and functioning again.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2014 1:39 PM

Review by LAMF (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hashimoto's disease: I have had Thryoiditis/ Hashimotos and Raynauds Syndrome for 20 yrs. TSH was as HIGH as 200 but never went below 65 in 14 yrs. I've had 13 heart procedures and 16 stents. A Pacemaker in 2010 due to a Heart rate of 42 but no attention given to a TSH that was 165. Now we are checking for PHEOCHROMOCYTOMA .. Also my GP has replaced SYNTHROID with ARMOUR. Synthroid has NO IODINE OR T3 needed for the body. Side effects are terrible for a week but my body is ALIVE thanks to ARMOUR.

May 28, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by Nurse Barb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Underactive Thyroid: After 25 years of waiting to feel better on Levothyroxine I finally found someone to prescribe Armour last fall. For the first time in years I feel warm. We just had the worst winter in years and I didn't have to turn the thermostat up once. My bowels are more regular than before. I felt more energy right from the start. More doctors should use this medication.

May 8, 2014 11:28 AM

Review by I need help! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Thyroid Cancer: I had 3 types of Thyroid cancer 22 years ago so had a thyroidectomy/isthmusectomy and have 1 parathyroid left. I was put on Synthroid for 22 years, then became toxic to it. New Endocrinologist put me on Tirosint, it was great at first, all bad symptoms of Synthroid disappeared then started having negative side effect of always sleeping and felt numb emotionally. Switched to Armour Thyroid and even worse, I'm not sleepy any more BUT now I'm "always" nauseated, can't eat, shaking, thirsty all the time, gastric upset, stomach ache, muscle fatigue like I've never experienced, palpitations back but not as bad as when on the Synthroid medicine, S.O.B on exertion. I was put on 90 of Armour Thyroid now 75 (one 60 and one 15).

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 4, 2014 1:04 PM

Review by tina p.:

For Underactive Thyroid: So far so good. After total thyroid removal, had difficulty on just levothyroxine T4. Slept all day, irritated etc. the usual. Enough was enough, emailed my endocrinologist and he tried a different route. Its been a week and I already lost 6 of the 8 lbs I gained over a 7 week period. I have more energy and symptoms are gone. Continued exercise with high protein/ fiber shakes and never felt better. Hopefully it gives us sufferers what we are looking for and need!

April 24, 2014 11:19 PM

Review by loony:

For Underactive Thyroid: Over 12 years of battling with hypothyroidism with all it s crazy symptoms, stop school to tired and forgetful, went through a divorce too depressed and lots of weight gain. I thought it was me and dr made me feel I am using my thyroid as excuse since the lab work is normal. I don't want to jinks it but I took my first Armour Thyroid yesterday after requesting it, AND why it a miracle. I felt so alive. So said to think back on my life and what could have been if doctor just really listen to their patient. It took a facebook group to open my eyes.

April 24, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by T4/T3 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Underactive Thyroid: Armour reduced water retention and joint/tendon fatigue. However, it made me ravenous and raised my free T3 to uncomfortable levels. I also couldn't exercise. Back to Synthroid in the morning and 15 mg Armour in the afternoon... Better.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by Sashas New Mom:

For Hashimoto's disease: For years I felt terrible most days. Tired, sleeping by 7pm. No energy, gained weight, was puffy/bloated all the time. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease 9 months ago. My doctor prescribed levothyroxine. I still didn't feel like myself. Still no energy, breaking out in sweats (especially at night), always felt bloated. No relief from my symptoms. The worst symptom of all was forgetfulness and brain fog. After reading a page (Hypothyroid Mom) on facebook, I saw how many people had success with Armour Thyroid. She put me on 30mg twice daily. Now I am hyperthyroid. Hoping to get this under control soon. I feel 100 times better on Armour. And I've lost a little bit of weight!

March 18, 2014 1:26 PM

Review by lrward:

For Underactive Thyroid: I have been on Armour since October '13. I was diagnosed hypothyroid. I have steadily gained weight ever since I started. 20lbs. It has not helped with my cold hands or feet, dry skin, or fatigue. My hair has stopped falling out so bad but that is about the only thing good I can say about this. Also, Im not sure if its related but I've had serious worsening of lower back pain since starting this.

March 7, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by alarones (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Underactive Thyroid: It took years before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and placed on Synthroid, I started to feel better but many major issues remained. I got more energy back, but never lost weight. My memory got better, but I wasn't clear-headed. I continued to feel major anxiety and had emotional ups and downs. When I found a doctor who suggested I try Armour, within 2 weeks of taking it my life seemed to return. I am a strong supporter of Armour.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2014 12:58 PM

Review by NYAL:

For Underactive Thyroid: I had been experiencing undiagnosed hypothyroidism symptoms for long time without really knowing what was going on: extreme fatigue, brain fogginess,mood swings, cold. I had been having my thyroid tested for years due to my mother having had a tumor and removal of hers and yet the dr's all kept telling me the levels were fine. I went to an Integrative Dr and he prescribed for me. I've gradually worked up to taking 45 mg a day. 60mg was too much, headache, very painful and hardened breasts, really bad PMS type symptoms and the bloating! My biggest issue is also the puffiness and inability to lose weight! Protein shakes, cardio exercise and strength training and nothing helps. It's so frustrating!

February 3, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by MalibuMary:

For Underactive Thyroid: When my hypothyroidism went low enough to treat 15 years ago, I was given Levoxyl, adjusted up to 150 mcg. Fibromyalgia of 23 years worsened. In last 4 years, I developed severe fatigue crashes, heat and exercise intolerance, anxiety, depression, water retention, leg and back muscle weakness/wasting/pain. Tests normal. I exhausted best rheumatologist and neurologist in town, two normal muscle biopsies. Thyroid levels top of normal. Doctors kept me there, prescribing prednisone and five other medicines for fatigue and pain. Sudden breathing problems occurred. Hyperthyroidism exhausted my adrenals. New doctor put me on Armour, lower at 75 mg two weeks ago. I feel fantastic - more strength, less pain/weakness!

January 26, 2014 11:31 PM

Review by florns (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hashimoto's disease: I started off in Oct 2013 on 15 mg of Armour for hypothyroid symptoms. I slowly increased it up to 180 mg by December as per doctor's instructions. I felt a little better, but still bouts of severe fatigue. Suddenly, I woke up last week very energized and started buzzing around cleaning. I felt like I had 3 cups of coffee. Racing heart and anxiety in my chest. I found myself having to find a quiet place to sit and meditate just to try and lower my heart rate. Two days later I went for blood tests. TSH 0.009, Free T3 4.1, and Free T4 1.41. Iron levels and adrenals are fine. Now I am hyperthyroid I guess. I am down to 60mg of Armour. Hopefully I will be able to find a happy balance.

January 1, 2014 9:28 AM

Review by alarones (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Underactive Thyroid: I tried several synthetic medicines for hypothyroid to no avail, then a doctor recommended Armour. It has proved to be the best thing - getting me close to my 'normal' self with little to no side effects.

December 27, 2013 1:22 PM

Review by klenk:

For Underactive Thyroid: I have been on Armour for 4 days and I have already noticed a difference. I could actually take off my wedding ring. I sleep really well for about 7 hours. Not waking up constantly. My swelling has gone down significantly. My joints do not ache. Not getting as winded. I am taking 60mg. I have noticed that I am really tired at night. I like the suggestion of taking it at night as well. I'll have to check with my doctor and get his opinion.

December 19, 2013 2:15 PM

Review by College student (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hashimoto's disease: Everyone's battle with Hashimoto's will be different which will lead to different treatments. In my case, Armour has worked best. About a year ago, I had a sudden increase in weight with no change in diet or exercise. Once I saw this change, I ate healthier than ever before and working out consistently yet my weight went from 115 to 130 in a short period of time. I felt "puffy" and bloated constantly. Finally I was given Synthroid because Hashi's runs in my family and I had increase of antibodies. I was on it for 6 weeks and did not see any improvement. I am now on my 5th week of Armour and the bloating is gone as well as the weight gain. Don't let the doctors tell you how you feel. You must treat the symptoms. I hope this helps someone.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 2, 2013 5:29 PM

Review by donatos:

For Underactive Thyroid: Diagnosed with hypothyroidism over ten years ago with body aches, insomnia, brain fog, weight gain, etc. On Armour all my symptoms went away except for weight gain despite heavy exercise and dieting. I keep up my regimen but I'm desperate to lose the weight. I don't understand why the Armour has helped everything but the weight gain.

October 14, 2013 12:19 AM

Review by Barb w:

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: I've been on Armour thyroid for 4 months or so and I've lost no weight and I'm tired all the time, also gained weight. Having hot flashes and night sweats and I've been feeling dizzy. My TSH is low along with my T3 and T4. It's time to switch medicines once again. I've been on 2 other medicines and nothing is helping me I'm so frustrated. I need some help, anyone know of a better medicine out there?

October 11, 2013 9:38 PM

Review by QuickSilver (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Underactive Thyroid: I started with 60 MG of Armour thyroid as well and my doctor increased to 90 MG after the results of my second blood work. I knew he would do this because it makes sense.

September 25, 2013 9:14 AM

Review by QuickSilver:

For Underactive Thyroid: I first took Armour Thyroid on August 9th, after my doctor said my thyroid was sluggish. I experienced a rash and itchy skin after four days. That is a normal side effect that was rectified by taking half a pill for 7 days then resuming whole pills. The rash and itchiness ended once my body was introduced to taking half a pill. It was an allergic reaction. I have already lost 6 pounds in one month. I expect to lose more and continue to experience good things from here on out with Armour Thyroid. I like that it's bioidentical and is absorbed into our system faster and better than synthetic. That is according to research.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2013 11:33 AM

Review by melissa1972:

For Underactive Thyroid: I have had every symptom of hypothyroidism except constipation. I tried Levothyroxine for a month and nothing. I've been taking Armour for 6 weeks and I feel better but I haven't lost any weight despite totally changing my diet and exercising with cardio and strength training for at least 5 days a week. This has never been typical for me. I have been taking 60 mg of Armour Thyroid. My doctor hasn't increased this dosage fearing it will cause hypo but I cannot lose any weight and I've never been in this situation.

September 19, 2013 12:01 AM

Review by kaloka (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: Armour thyroid gave back my happy life.

September 15, 2013 3:22 AM

Review by Debbelite:

For Underactive Thyroid: Diagnosed with mild hypothyroid a month ago. Started feeling great, but also started getting a rash all over my upper thigh, it isn't itchy or red. It's just raised like poisin oak rash. Waiting to see if it is truly the Armour causing the rash. I haven't seen many people with this side effect. I would hate to stop it (30 mg).

September 5, 2013 4:41 PM

Review by Glampam:

For Thyroid Cancer: I have been taking 6 grains of Armour Thyroid for almost two years. I had thyroid cancer about six years ago. So nice to be on natural medication THAT WORKS! I feel so much better since switching to Armour. I hope more doctor's will understand that this is a viable, wonderful option for their patients.

August 1, 2013 7:09 PM