Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Thiothixene

Also known as: Navane

Learn more about Thiothixene.

Psychosis 2 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Thiothixene reviews 2 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Thiothixene

Navane (thiothixene) for Psychosis: I have been taking Navane since 1972. I take 2 mg twice daily. It is the only antipsychotic I trust. I tried Seroquel and it did not work as well. Navane acts on dopamine. Seroquel acts on dopamine and serotonin. At the dose I take Navane, I get no negative side effects.

November 14, 2011 9:37 PM

Navane (thiothixene) for Psychosis: I have been on Navane for almost 30 years. I have had two psychotic episodes and they have occurred only when I went off this medicine. I have tried other medications but I feel most secure on Navane. The side-effects are: some drowsiness and feelings of depression. Otherwise, I feel more natural on Navane than on any other anti-psychotic medication I have tried and that's why I will continue to use it.

March 12, 2011 11:00 PM

Review by kimologies:

Navane (thiothixene) for : I suffer from what I believe to be Morgellons Disease (Unidentified Dermopathy) in which I break out with lesions that last for many months to well over a year. I pull little particles out of these lesions that stretch and are extremely painful. I was placed on Navane 4mg at bedtime approximately 3 years ago. About 4 months into taking Navane my lesions healed up and HAVE NOT RETURNED in 2 1/2 yrs. I cannot praise this medication enough to be lesion free for this long as I usually had 8 or more lesions that lasted for a year. I no longer pick at my skin or ruin my clothes from the bleeding. It was obsessive skin picking because it was necessary to remove the hard scab and the white particles in the lesions.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate