User Reviews for Theophylline

Also known as: Aerolate III, Aerolate JR, Aerolate SR, Aquaphyllin, Asmalix, Bronkodyl, Constant-T, Elixophyllin, Quibron-T, Quibron-T/SR, Respbid, Slo-Bid Gyrocaps, Slo-Phyllin, Slo-Phyllin 125, Slo-Phyllin 80, ...show all 33 brand names

Learn more about Theophylline.

Asthma, Maintenance 5 reviews 111 medications

9.8
Asthma, acute 1 reviews 164 medications

Apnea of Prematurity 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Theophylline reviews 6 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Theophylline

Review by amelia:

For Asthma, Maintenance: My experience theophylline is great. I only used theophylline as needed when I have a asthma attack, I used for 1-2 weeks with my rescue inhaler and in 1-2 week my asthma goes away for a long time. I only get asthma when I get a cold so for me this works, recently my PCP told me they do not recommended theophylline but I told her this its the only medication that works for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2013 4:27 PM

Uniphyl (theophylline) for Asthma, Maintenance: I have used theophylline for many years. This medicine gives me an excellent quality of life, with near perfect control of my chronic asthma (along with the use of an albuterol and steroid inhaler, as needed). I tried switching to Singulair several years ago. Within a month, my asthma was really bad.

July 12, 2010 12:58 PM

Uniphyl (theophylline) for Asthma, acute: My Asthma came back when I was around 45 years old. My doctors couldn't find any medication that would help. It was so bad I couldn't go outside or open a door in the house. I spent several hours taking breathing treatments each day. Then I was given a prescription for Uniphyl. Everything changed for me when I started taking it. It is a miracle drug.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2010 10:43 PM

Theo-24 (theophylline) for Asthma, Maintenance: I've been taking Theo 24 300mg for about 24 years now for my asthma. I haven't had any problems with side effects and rarely use my rescue inhaler. It has really helped my asthma and I would recommend it to others to try.

June 28, 2009 9:59 AM

Review by Ms Val:

Theo-24 (theophylline) for Asthma, Maintenance: I am 53 years old. In the past I have accepted the fact that I will always have shortness of breath. However, it became worse. I was referred to a Pulmonolgist and he started me on Theo-24. This medication is the best thing that could have happened to me. I can breath again. May 1st I will be able to resume my exercise at the gym. The next thing I want to do is be able to run. I have not done that in such a long time. I am happy with the results. And now I feel like I can live a normal life without experiencing SOB with every step I take. A wonderful product. Thanks.

April 24, 2009 12:07 PM

Review by Lady FA:

Uniphyl (theophylline) for Asthma, Maintenance: This is the only medication I take for acute asthma. I have been on this medication for 19 years and have only been to the emergency room twice in 19 years. So what do you think. I am also a professional nurse. Uniphyl 400mg twice a day. It's the best.

July 27, 2008 4:39 PM