User Reviews for Hytrin

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 10 reviews 15 medications

Summary of Hytrin reviews 14 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Hytrin

Review by T/R:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I have been taking this for night trips to the bathroom . Started a 3mg 2 years ago and just started slowly increasing to 10mg. I stopped taking due to the side effects of rapid pounding heart beat, chest pains, dizziness, no real change in sexual functions which is good thing. Not a big change in night trips to the bathroom. Off to the Doctor today.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2013 10:09 AM

Review by Tommydix (taken for 10 years or more):

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Would not quit this medicine, it helps immensely.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2013 8:01 PM

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Using 10 mg/night for the last two months - it works okay but side effects include low libido, and a very noticeable reduction in endurance and muscle strength. As a distance runner - age 50 my performance is severely impacted running and in bed. Going to ask my Doctor to try something else.

March 27, 2012 11:20 PM

Review by Good Luck!:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I am 50yo and was on 1-4mg Hytrin for 7 months for urinary retention and disliked it. It barely made a dent in my symptoms, and made me tired and fatigued - muscles always felt weak, was frequently irritable and interfered with my sleep. Took forever to build up to 4mg. However, I still had a libido with few sexual side effect, which was a very nice surprise. Recommend trying it to see if it works even though it's one of the older alpha-blockers.

August 20, 2011 1:39 AM

Review by dt1401:

For High Blood Pressure: Well I have blood pressure that is normally high, but sometimes normal. I have only been on Hytrin for a few days. The first day it made me very dizzy and fill very bad. My blood pleasure went from an average of 160's/90's to 110's/60's. I am only on 1 mg. I only have been taking a 1/2 a mg since the first day.

May 14, 2010 5:14 AM

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Working well for me and I have had no side effects. I did reduce my other blood pressure medication.

October 1, 2009 1:13 PM

For Hyperhidrosis: Works great! It has stopped the extreme sweating that was occurring from a side effect of Effexor. Anyone who is taking Effexor and have severe sweating problems this medication works great.

September 7, 2009 9:35 AM

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Have been using Hytrin for 8 or 9 years. Started on 5 mg, now taking 7mg every night. Get up once during the night in order to urinate. Flow strong. On the few times I forgot to take it. I could see a greatly reduced flow the next day. My PSA was never high. Now 1.1

July 21, 2009 10:50 PM

For High Blood Pressure: Have been using Hytrin for about a year. It has lowered my blood pressure, helps me sleep and urinate and able to empty my bladder. Has not affected my sex life at all. Have woken and been dizzy, but I am able to slow myself and watch where I am going.

June 27, 2009 11:30 AM

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I hit 28 on the PSA test, was prescribed Hytrin and gradually went from 1 to 5 pills a night. After a couple weeks or so the side effects were so bad I had to stop taking it. Intense headaches, nausea. It was unpleasant. Awaiting my doctor to find something else, on the "plus" side, after a month my PSA went from 28.3 to 8.8 and I have no trouble peeing.

June 16, 2009 1:37 AM

Review by brian lannen:

For High Blood Pressure: Hytrin is one of the few blood pressure medications that is controlling my hypertension problem. Very effective medication. I'm very happy with it.

May 21, 2009 6:29 PM

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: It's a wonder drug. I have been using it for the last four years and have found the problem to improve dramatically.

March 17, 2009 5:52 AM

Review by big B.:

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I have been using it for more than 10 years now. Began with 1mg and now on 12mg. They are still working.

January 3, 2009 3:20 AM

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: My PSA level dropped from 15 to 5.8 in the first month of taking only 0.5mg of Hytrin each night. My urine flow has improved dramatically.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2008 1:34 AM