User Reviews for Incivek

Learn more about Incivek.

Reviews for Incivek to treat Hepatitis C

"The doctor took me off of the Incivek after 7 weeks. My hemoglobins were at 14.4 when the therapy started and went down to 5.9! I had two blood transfusions, which after the second transfusion brought me up to the high 9's low 10's and they seemed to hold their own after discontinuing the Incivek. Guess the 7 weeks was long enough though. Every check so far I have been virus free. Am still to do my 6 month check but so far so good and I am very confident that the virus is gone. After taking me off the Inciveck and adjusting the other meds I ended up having to do therapy for 48 weeks instead of the original 24 weeks."

barkeep86 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2013

"It was my third treatment for Hep C and I started treatment January 2012 and ended December 2012. Incivek was invented in 2011 and was one of three medications (first two treatments was Ribavirin and Pegasys only) I was on and after 4 weeks of starting treatment, I was undetectable from the disease. I did have problems with my hemoglobin and had to get two blood transfusions and a Procrit shot weekly (which cost me the majority of my out of pocket payment). I have had 2 blood tests since finishing treatment and the first was undetectable and waiting for 2nd test. My doctor said if this blood test comes up undetectable, I am cured!! THANK GOD FOR THE INVENTION OF INCIVEK."

Sheila G August 8, 2013

"8 week post treatment, Hep C virus free after 3 weeks on medication. Total of 4 months Hep C free. I am just very grateful to all the work that brought this medication to folks like me."

Anonymous May 5, 2012

"I stopped taking Incivek 3 days ago and I am itching, itching, itching. My eyelids, hands, feet, legs, every area on my body itches. I took a Benadryl and the itching went away and came back. Am I having withdrawals from Incivek? No complaints though, just wondering because this medicine is a miracle. I am now Hep C free. Just hoping the itching would stop soon."

Anonymous April 4, 2012

"My insurance covered almost all of it. The medication works. Hep C undetectable after just 23 days, again at 12 weeks. So far so good. Extreme itching with Incivek withdrawal for 3 days. Scratched my skin until it bled. Ice cold water helped and nothing else. After 3 days, itching was gone. Mentally the Incivek had my brain in a fog for the entire 12 weeks. Had two car wrecks back to back and had to stop driving. Overall I would still highly recommend this medicine due to its effectiveness. What is 12 weeks in comparison to the rest of my life? I am Hep C free."

Marika58 March 23, 2012

"Very very instrumental in helping to remove my Hepatitis C....which it did, along with Pegysys and Rivavirin. I'm virus free as of this date.. maintaining to keep it away."

Anonymous February 4, 2012