User Reviews for Sulfazine

Learn more about Sulfazine.

Inflammatory Bowel Disease 1 reviews 73 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 3 reviews 362 medications

Ulcerative Colitis 4 reviews 74 medications

Alopecia 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Lymphocytic Colitis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ulcerative Colitis, Active 0 reviews 69 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance 0 reviews 15 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis 0 reviews 95 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sulfazine reviews 8 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Sulfazine

Review by sarahyue:

For Ulcerative Colitis: I have been taking this medication for a while now, along with Azathioprine and Prednisone. Just today I stopped the Prednisone, after decreasing by a half each week. I experienced some remission of the Prednisone after I was at 2 and 1/2 pills, and bumped it back up to 5. I haven't experienced any bad side effects of the Sulfazine, and my only complaint is that it is really chalky. I am 13, and was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis almost a year ago.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2014 12:03 AM

Review by Washington State (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: In remission all labs and inflamatory markers normal. No side effects other than a headache once in a while.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2014 4:20 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Ulcerative Colitis: Upon taking sulfasalazine I experienced a severe headache, dizziness, bruising on my feet and legs, chills, blood shot eyes, pain in my joints, hives and swelling in my face and neck. The headache became so bad I could not get out of bed.

August 25, 2012 4:18 AM

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: This was the first medicine tried on me - I have (had) rheumatoid arthritis together with Crohns. Sulfazine did not help.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2012 10:05 AM

Review by Susanne35Cat:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have been using Sulfasalazine for the last 4 years as an "add-on" to methotrexate. I take the maximum dose, but must confess that I can only see a minimal reduction of pain using this medicine.

July 6, 2011 9:28 PM

For Ulcerative Colitis: Had terrible allergic reaction to this medicine, within a week of taking it. Felt terrible itching inside out.

January 27, 2011 4:43 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Been on sulfasalazine for 3 years, for me the first 2 weeks were hard on the stomach. Felt like I was going to vomit all the time but never did, it was slow to have the effect maybe a month, but after that it has been good. Still get flare up the odd time. It is inexpensive compared to the other medications.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2010 3:27 PM

Review by karenbuff:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had a small improvement with sulfazine, but unfortunately I started having severe ringing in the ears after 6 months, also it gave me pain in my achilles tendon and calves at night. Keep in mind that I had the pain side effect also with cholestrol medications, but not the ringing in the ears.

April 11, 2010 11:17 PM

Review by rowney:

For Ulcerative Colitis: I have been using salazopyrin for many years and have found it excellent. I am in remission at the moment and am taking 2 tablets a day as a 'holding' dose. I move it up to 5 or 6 when I have an episode which can last for up to a year.

September 18, 2009 10:16 PM