User Reviews for Sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur

Also known as: Avar, Avar Cleanser, Avar Gel, Avar Green, Avar LS, Avar LS Cleanser, Avar-E, Avar-E Emollient, Avar-E Green, Avar-E LS, BP 10-Wash, Cerisa Wash, Clarifoam EF, Clenia Emollient Cream, Clenia Foaming Wash, ...show all 52 brand names

Learn more about Sulfacetamide sodium/sulfur.

Rosacea 10 reviews 99 medications

9.5
Seborrheic Dermatitis 2 reviews 302 medications

9.5
Acne 13 reviews 512 medications

8.6
Summary of Sulfacetamide sodium/sulfur reviews 25 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Sulfacetamide sodium/sulfur

Plexion Cleanser (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Rosacea: "I have use the facial wash 1 time a day for over 10 years and it has done a great job . Occasionally I get 1 or 2 cysts which I care for with Finacea cream and I have kept my Rosacea in check ."

Kathy Pat July 29, 2014

Avar LS Cleanser (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "This worked just fine from the samples that my Doctor gave me to try out. When I went to the pharmacy to get my Rx filled I found that the cost to me would be $388 and being on SS with no other income, left that as a no go."

Jack! (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2014

Prascion RA (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Rosacea: "The best thing there ever was, the only thing that works for twin brother and I."

kbean (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 23, 2013

Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Acne: "I love this product because it works amazingly well to clear up my acne. I do still get pimples but they're rarely bad and for the most part I don't get huge breakouts anymore. The only drawback for me is the smell. I was told to leave it on overnight, and I have to disagree with a previous commenter that this product does not smell. As with any other sulfur product, it smells like sulfur. The longer you use it for the worse it gets. I have to throw out my sheets and sleep shirts every 6 months because they stink, and I can't ever wash them with anything I wear in public. I also have to be good about exfoliating, or the smell starts to stick to me too. I do think this product is worth it if sulfur is your only option, but be prepared!"

lmm42 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2013

For Acne: "I had severe acne for about 3 years, after all the lasers, chemical peels, pills, tropical treatments, I'm finally almost cleared up. I'll be getting a lazer treatment done soon to get rid of my acne scars, and just to shrink my oil glands, but now I'm on this cleanser and it seems to work great!"

allieee (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2012

Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Acne: "I was given Clarifoam EF by my dermatologist for my cystic acne. I must say it did not work at all for me, it didn't get rid of break outs or stop them. I had been using it for 4 weeks and still managed to get 3 painful cystic pimples between my eyebrows."

arielrossful (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2012

Rosula (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Rosacea: "I used the brand name ROSULA yellow cream, which came in a tube, before they stopped making it. When used it in the morning along with Duac at night, it helped my Rosacea and skin in general. I went to another brand (only one active ingredient) when I could no longer get Rosula cream--it's a watery clear liquid; not as effective and drips everywhere."

Anonymous March 14, 2012

Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Acne: "It does wonders to my skin! I like to use it as a leave in foam overnight instead of the cleanser."

Anonymous February 13, 2012

Clenia Foaming Wash (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Acne: "Great working, good smell, easy for use...one of the best products for preventing acne."

Anonymous November 4, 2011

Clenia Foaming Wash (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Rosacea: "Great working. "

toliksf October 31, 2011

Sulfacet-R (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Rosacea: "I have severe flare ups off Rosacea and NOTHING works as well as this topical cream. It works best in conjunction with the antibiotics but antibiotics alone do not do the trick for me."

PPollard13 June 12, 2011

Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Rosacea: "Clarifoam has greatly reduced burning, red rosacea breakouts I was getting on my face under my eyes. But I still get them from time to time, just a lot less frequently. It's easy to use. Smell is sulfurish, which bugged me at first but I am used to it now. My copayment is pretty high for Clarifoam."

KeithBr May 17, 2011

Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Acne: "I absolutely love Clarifoam. I have oily, sensitive skin and have had a problem with acne since the age of five. I've tried many other dermatologist-recommended topicals and they all felt "caked on". Clarifoam goes on light and it's like you can't even feel it. Within the first three days of trying the product, my skin completely cleared up!"

Anonymous February 11, 2011

Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Rosacea: "Clarifoam EF is a wonderful product. I have Rosacea and seb/derm and this has been the only thing that doesn't sting or burn. And it actually works. My dermatologist told me to leave it on, and I use it with Halog and Hylatopic Plus foam moisturizer. For cleaning, he recommended CeraVe Hydrating cleanser. It's even more gentle than Cetaphil."

cistre January 29, 2011

For Acne: "It works great. Really cleared up any acne around my lips. So if you have acne around your lips you definitely want to use this. My doctor makes me go to a dermatologist to get the prescription though. "

nicknameoption August 7, 2010

Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Acne: "I am a young adult. My face had been peppered with pimples- many of which were so inflamed that they caused me pain- before I used this product. This medicine fought the active pimples and prevented more from forming. I was still scarred from my previous acne, so I had to wait until my skin healed. The scarring is the worst part since the skin has to do its own work for that. So eventually, when the scarring faded, I found myself ogling at my amazing complexion. I am so happy to no longer have to worry about dabbing concealer all over my face! I still get the occasional pimple here and there (though they are far less inflamed), but that's because faces have so many pores that it's inevitable. That's why I'm giving this a 10!"

Anonymous June 7, 2010

Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Acne: "Clarifoam works great...my skin looks amazing. The only drawback to using this product is that you have to leave it on for 10 minutes. I leave it on in the shower..but you have to do it twice a day making the second time harder because you have to wait to wash it off."

Anonymous December 5, 2009

Rosac (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Rosacea: "Much better for my Rosacea than the Metrogels."

Anonymous October 7, 2009

Rosula (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "I had an outbreak of peri-oral dermatitis in addition to my Rosacea. I used a high powered cortisone cream that worked amazingly well, but when I went off of it I had an extreme rebound outbreak (much worse than I've ever had). I used many natural remedies (aloe gel, aloe juice, lavender) which eased the outbreak but didn't eliminate it. I added the use of Rosula and within days my outbreak is almost completely gone. It smells bad, but it seems to work for me."

Anonymous August 13, 2009

For Acne: "I have tried everything to help my acne, Pills, Proactiv, Clean and Clear, and other dermatologist recommended products. This product by far has done the best job at helping get rid of my acne. I have finally found something that helps my acne. I would suggest this to anyone suffering from acne."

Anonymous July 13, 2009

Avar (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Acne: "Wonderful, would recommend to anyone with bad to severe acne. My face went from bad to a smoothie. Thanks for this product."

Ms. Rock May 21, 2009

For Acne: "This medication was originally prescribed to use for for boils under my armpits. It worked wonders for my boils so I started to use it as a wash for my face. It love how it cleared up my face and my face feels smooth."

Anonymous May 12, 2009

For Rosacea: "As a doctor this is the best I've seen tried compared to most other topicals."

Anonymous April 17, 2009

Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Rosacea: "This product saved me. I was having a severe Rosacea flare-up, complete with pustules. Clarifoam is the only product that helped in a month of trying various alternatives. I was really getting down about my appearance. The product goes on easily and I noticed improvement within 12 hours. I would suggest using it with Cetaphil cleanser so that your skin does not get too dry. I have been using it in the morning and evening and use the "leave on" versus the "wash off" method. I am truly grateful for this product and want to get the word out to Rosacea sufferers."

LRR January 5, 2009

Clarifoam EF (sulfacetamide sodium / sulfur) for Acne: "Doesn't smell, goes on nice and I can't tell it is on my face, my face feels good after I use it."

Anonymous August 5, 2008