User Reviews for Somatropin

Also known as: Accretropin, Genotropin, Humatrope, HumatroPen, Norditropin, Norditropin FlexPro, Norditropin Nordiflex, Nutropin, Nutropin AQ, Nutropin Depot, Omnitrope, Saizen, Serostim, Tev-Tropin, Zorbtive

Learn more about Somatropin.

Hypopituitarism 1 reviews 10 medications

5.8
AIDS Related Wasting 1 reviews 6 medications

Burns, Nitrogen Retention 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cachexia 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Growth Retardation, ...ic Renal Failure 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Idiopathic Short Stature 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Noonan's Syndrome 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Short Bowel Syndrome 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Somatropin reviews 14 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Somatropin

Review by ECL (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Humatrope (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: My son began taking Humatrope at the age of 5 and in almost 3 years he has grown just over 10 inches and gained around 10 lbs. When he began he was not on the growth chart at all and was not moving up as he should. After testing found him to be growth hormone deficent he began the daily shots and now is in the 25% on the growth chart! He will continue to take Humatrope until he is finished growing so we still have years of shots ahead of us but for us AND HIM they are proving to be worth it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2013 9:09 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Humatrope (somatropin) for Short Stature for Age: My son was about 7 when he started taking Humatrope. He was extremely small for his age and was not even on the growth curve. Although he had maintained his own small growth curve. When that curve started to invert, we put him on this. He gets a shot every night. He is now 9 years old and growing at twice the velocity that he had been growing at. He is still small, but he does not stand out so drastically among his peers. We have been very happy with the results and plan to continue the medication.

July 25, 2012 11:32 PM

Review by rramjet:

Serostim (somatropin) for AIDS Related Wasting: Serostim worked for 12 years but does not seem to help now.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2012 9:58 PM

Norditropin (somatropin) for Turner's Syndrome: Although relatively more expensive than other options, it is the most convenient alternative for parents with Turner's Syndrome in pediatric use. Also, there is a possibility to perform the injection after the first 15-20 mins of sleep to avoid child's resistance of treatment 6 days/wk. Now crossing treatment year 3, growth charts continue demonstrating significant annual gains.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 3, 2012 4:43 PM

Tev-Tropin (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: My son is 9 and has severe growth hormone deficiency. He has been taking Tev-Tropin for over 2 years now. He started out below the 3rd percentile in height and is now above the 25th percentile. He has a better appetite, and is doing great! We are so thankful for this medicine and have had no side effects to report.

November 28, 2011 4:31 PM

Norditropin (somatropin) for Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: Nordotropin Flexpro Pen is very easy to use, just not easy to get the insurance company to approve or finding a Dr. that knows how to handle patients with this condition.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2011 10:48 PM

Review by wound.nurse:

For Turner's Syndrome: My 15 year old daughter has been self-administering somatropin (under the names Humatrope or Norditropin - dependent upon insurance provider choice) since the age of 8. Great results regarding height. Prognosis without this medicine was a max height of 4'8". She is now 5'2". She has had no complications or side effects. Her only complaint is that the increased long-bone growth has given her large feet (size 10) and very long fingers. I suppose that is a "plus" for those interested in playing the piano!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 1, 2011 10:42 AM

Review by Ryan1974XX:

Humatrope (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: Humatrope first started being used in 1987 I have read. I started taking daily shots in 1988. At the time I was 14 years old, 5'4", 170lbs, and had ZERO growth hormone in my body. As it stood without treatment it appeared that I would never hit puberty. I began taking daily shots every day for two years. During that time I only missed two days. I grew from 5'4" to 6' by 16 years of age and weighed the same weight that I had before I began the shots. My body developed normally and I noticed no side effects. Even after I stopped taking the shots I still continued to grow an additional inch. My farther is 5'10", my older brother is 5'11" and I am 6'1". It worked PERFECTLY for me.

August 30, 2010 7:22 PM

Review by nosidak:

Tev-Tropin (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: My son is 13 and has been taking Tev-Tropin with the T-Jet device for nearly a year and he has not grown at all, maybe an inch.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 21, 2010 9:53 AM

Review by tyly:

Tev-Tropin (somatropin) for Pediatric Growth Hormone Deficiency: My son started nightly injections of Tev-Tropin just 5 weeks ago after being diagnosed with a growth deficiency. He is almost 13 years old. We measured this morning and he has growth 3/4 of an inch!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2010 7:24 AM

Review by Feeling Better:

Humatrope (somatropin) for Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: This works quite well for me. I don't know if anyone else uses it or had adult onset growth hormone deficiency and also developed this condition from Gulf War Syndrome. When I started taking the Humatrope, my bone density went from a -4 to a -2.3 and hopefully is still going up. My focus and concentration improved and my irritability and my energy level went way up! I have been using it for about 5 years now and didn't know I had it until my urologist started listing reasons for severe osteoporosis and it turns out that I had adult onset growth hormone deficiency. Good luck to all. Hopefully Stem Cell technology can be used to help cure/fix us!

September 20, 2009 11:33 PM

Humatrope (somatropin) for Turner's Syndrome: My daughter has Turners. She has been on this since she was 2 - she is 4 now. It is working great.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2009 4:21 AM

Nutropin (somatropin) for : My son had a tumor removed from the pituitary gland, yes the gland was removed too. My son was 10 years old the size of a 6 year old. Yes we like to preserve our children and I sort of got to do that. He still sat on my lap and I could still carry him to his bed at 10 years old, because he was so small due to the tumor. He has been taking the Nutropin for 6 1/2 years and he is now 5' 9". He will be 17 this summer. My son has been through a lot and never let that stop him. He will graduate from High School next year and is one of the smartest people I know and he plans on going to college. He is a remarkable young man.

March 26, 2009 1:52 PM

Saizen (somatropin) for Adult Human Growth Hormone Deficiency: I'm 70 and seemingly in EXCELLENT health. NO pains or problems with ANYTHING. I work on my estate daily and have better energy than my younger by far workers. Before I started taking human growth hormone (HGH), I found that my skin was growing very thin and becoming a slight pinkish blue. Now this is completly resolved. I go to a life extension doctor that after testing found that my hormones like all older persons were low so I'm now supplementing with HGH, Pregnalone, DHEA, and Testosterone (transdermal. I highly recommend it to my friends and acquaintances and to you to have your blood tested.

February 25, 2009 1:54 PM

For Hypopituitarism: Experienced weight loss, muscle gain, and I slept better.

June 29, 2008 11:01 PM