User Reviews for Simvastatin

Also known as: Zocor

Learn more about Simvastatin.

Reviews for Simvastatin to treat High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous

"Started on simvastatin about a year ago and 6 weeks into taking the medicine, my LDL was down about 40 points. About a month ago, the pharmacy switched generics (prescription came with a heads up that the color and shape of pill might be different). Now suddenly, I'm suffering from a swollen tongue and numbness of tongue and upper pallet. Not sure if this is due to the new generic (pharmacist says only the filler and dye would have changed)...but it's gotten so annoying that I went to doctor today for blood tests."

Anonymous October 17, 2011

"I would never even know I was taking anything at all. I had to adjust my dose to a morning dose because it kept me awake but other than this no problems at all."

jennpugli August 31, 2011

"Side effect of extreme muscle pain. Used it, had muscle pain, stayed off for a while, went back on lower dosage and muscle pain returned."

Anonymous July 3, 2009