User Reviews for Rapaflo

Learn more about Rapaflo.

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 70 reviews 15 medications

6.6
Summary of Rapaflo reviews 70 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Rapaflo

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Immediate relief. Seems to be very long acting ... I was prescribed Rapaflo 8mg once daily but seem to need once WEEKY .... I quickly know that once urine flow becomes a problem ...it's time to take the medication."

RickHan May 6, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Really not sure why my urologist gave me samples of this drug since my prostate was normal for my age and my PSA was normal. I was not having issues peeing just some discomfort. Anyway, I tried the pills for four days. Nothing changed because I was still up 2-3 times per night like I have for years. But.....the side effects were immediate. Stuffy head, headaches and no ejaculate. Not a drop. Freaked me out. Erection was not as strong and the "climax" took longer to reach and was literally a split second. If you still enjoy sex steer clear of this drug. I'm am stopping immediately and will not return to that doctor. As far as I'm concerned I paid $200 for nothing ."

John Babbitt (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "It reduces urination frequency but has a very negative affect on my sex life. I'm going to have to stop using it."

BobSNX (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "3rd day using. No Semen came out I am so scared and disappointed. I had to stay in bed because of worrying. I usually pee after ejaculation now I am confused"

medc December 26, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Having trouble emptying bladder so doc gave Rapaflo samples. Increased flow within days, but still difficulty emptying completely. No ejaculate at all, but orgasim still there. Will stop Rapaflo regimen and try disposable caths for awhile."

DeanoFla66 September 19, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I'm just starting my 3rd week. Here's what I've experienced: - less frequent trips to bathroom at night. 1 or 2 vs 4 normal (but if I drink coffee after dinner, I revert back to 4 ... same with beer) - no ejaculate .. while somewhat disconcerting, all still feels the same during intercourse, I close my eyes during MB and don't worry about it - more consistent stream - stuffy nose - Dr gave me a coupon so I only pay $15/month. You can also download same at Rapaflo website (may not work if you're on medicare) I go back to Dr next week to see if blood still in urine, I hope not!"

Raleigh Pilot August 14, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "It helps 70 percent"

Andrew22223 July 20, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I'm 65 and have had weak flow for years. It seems I've tried every drug available, but not much relief. First dose of Rapaflo gave noticeable improvement within hours. I thought I had found the solution until the diarrhea started. Cut the dose to the 4mg capsule once per day and diarrhea solved, but sexual problems set in. No ejaculation. Judging from this site this is not a minor side effect, but almost a guarantee. After a few weeks I began to have increasing difficulty reaching orgasm at all. My sex life is fading fast. Rated +10 for effectiveness and 0 for side effects."

MVF (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Rapaflo taken at bedtime has reduced night time urination dramatically. Daytime, not so much but I do drink regular coffee so that is an influence. Not too happy with my ejaculations while on this medicine. Orgasm is minimal in intensity and almost no semen. The ejaculate seems to be going to my bladder since it shows up when I pee. No problems with erection or performance."

charal (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I am a 70 year old married man. I started on Rapaflo 2 months ago. It seems to have reduced my urination trips at night from about 4 to 1 or 2. I can still have an orgasm, but I have to focus harder, and the subsequent ejaculation is dry. Something I have never experienced before. It does seem to be very expensive, at $142 for a 30 day supply"

Senior44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Prescribed by Urologist with samples for trial. Found negligible benefit for the intended purpose (very weak urine flow) but severe interference with sexual fulfillment and inordinately high price. I quit after six weeks."

Ooops! (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I am a 53 year old man who suffers from benign prostate hyperplasia. I had to urinate 5 to 6 times every night. My family doctor put me on Rapaflo. It worked immediately, now I have to urinate only once or twice at night. It depends on how much liquid I drank. The main side effect is that there is no ejaculation at all. "

Gary53 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I have been on Rapaflo for 2 weeks. Prior to taking Rapaflo my urine stream was weak. It is now far stronger, I can pee twice as quickly on average. Very impressive. Flomax caused me to be dizzy, Rapaflo doesn't. Two side effects; 1) as many others have written, absolutely NO sperm during ejaculation (a really weird thing, and I am glad I read this forum otherwise I would have panicked). 2) Nose bleeds that last 5 minutes, probably due to the pill lowering blood pressure and/or thinning the blood."

harrytaves (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2015

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I am 55 yo. Had very hard time sleeping at night. Going to the bathroom 10-20 times a night. Due to my prostate problems. Tried Rapaflo. Totally amazing results. After first dose of medication slept through the night just like baby. HOWEVER absolutely no ejaculation. "

AlekB December 6, 2014

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "My symptoms were severe. Got to the point where I got up to urinate three or four times but could not go for 20 or 30 minutes and then very little volume. Took Rapaflo and it began working in minutes! Same side effects with no ejaculate and minimal satisfaction. I began to experiment and took it every other day. The relief remained the same and the ejaculate returned. Best if both worlds."

Georgia Boy December 3, 2014

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Fifty six year old male. Obese but otherwise healthy. Rapaflo 8mg once a day for symptom associated with BPH. Rapaflo efficacy is measurably effective. Serious downside is decreased ejaculation intensity AND retrograde ejaculation. Dry as a bone. Talk about affecting quality of life. "

SaltLife56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2014

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Started taking Rapaflo about a month ago after experiencing horrible side effects with Flomax. I find that it only works well if I take it every few days, and then it only works for about 24 hours. Taking it every day does nothing for me after the first 24 hours. However, when it does work it reduces my nightly urinations from 20 to about 10, doubling my sleep. The ejaculation side effect is completely awful though."

bbbbbbb July 3, 2014

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I'm 40 years old and was diagnosed with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia last year. I was my Urologists youngest patient. BPH was so bad I was not emptying my bladder and was getting up at 4-5 times per night. It made work and home life miserable. I had the TURP surgery, coupled with a daily dose of Rapaflo and I cannot believe the results! If I get up once during the night, thats a lot. Now....for the side effects....I'm not too pleased with them at all. I have a very active sex life with a high drive. While I'm able to have an awesome erection and orgasm, I cannot ejaculate whatsoever! "

FlaglerGrad (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 26, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I have been on Rapaflo for 6 months. Results are mixed: some nights I'm up only once and others several times. Consuming liquids in the evening makes little difference. Sexually, the only change is no ejaculation which is OK, I guess but not great. Dr. recommends Avodart but the side effects of that medicine are serious in my opinion: erectile dysfunction, swollen breasts, loss of sexual interest. Not going there."

charal (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2014

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Have Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and tried Rapaflo for two weeks. For me there were too many side effects to continue any longer. Here they are starting with the most annoying: No orgasm--was completely unable to reach orgasm after the first dose; throat swelled up and had a hard time swallowing; nasal congestion; blurry vision; ear ache; jaw ache; increased inflammation."

orgazno (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2014

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Just started this and like it so far. I keep waking up with morning wood and my erections are harder then normal. Urine flow is slightly better and bathroom trips are less."

snapperdragon (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2014

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Have been taking an 8mg dose pre-bedtime for the past 5 days. Symptoms of weak flow and seemingly incomplete voiding improved markedly within 24 hours. Only, though significant, side effect is retrograde ejaculation, of which I had been forewarned, but had never been previously aware. Doesn't seem to make a great difference to the sensual experience while providing built-in birth control!"

Vox Infirmus January 5, 2014

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I've been taking Rapaflo for one week now w/o any adverse side effects. Rapaflo worked immediately to mitigate nightly trips to the bathroom. I now make one or two trips and the flow is significantly much stronger than previously. The only negative is that my PDP doesn't cover Rapaflo."

db1939 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2013

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I can only say it will make urination easier but it also will make a satisfying climax with ejaculation a fond distant memory. IT TAKES A LONG time to wear off so you dont need to take it daily."

bouledoux (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I started Rapaflo 8 mg yesterday afternoon after my urology appointment. Got up to urinate only once last night - down from 3 - 4 times a night. I am impressed at how "rapid" it worked. Stream is already stronger. Orgasm last evening was same in intensity but produced nothing. This really surprised me as I did not know it was a side effect. Just hope intensity and drive don't decrease as well."

RandyThib October 17, 2013