User Reviews for Rapaflo

Learn more about Rapaflo.

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 50 reviews 15 medications

6.8
Summary of Rapaflo reviews 50 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Rapaflo

Review by snapperdragon (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Just started this and like it so far. I keep waking up with morning wood and my erections are harder then normal. Urine flow is slightly better and bathroom trips are less.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 12, 2014 7:22 AM
Review by Vox Infirmus: User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Have been taking an 8mg dose pre-bedtime for the past 5 days. Symptoms of weak flow and seemingly incomplete voiding improved markedly within 24 hours. Only, though significant, side effect is retrograde ejaculation, of which I had been forewarned, but had never been previously aware. Doesn't seem to make a great difference to the sensual experience while providing built-in birth control!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 5, 2014 6:55 PM
Review by db1939 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I've been taking Rapaflo for one week now w/o any adverse side effects. Rapaflo worked immediately to mitigate nightly trips to the bathroom. I now make one or two trips and the flow is significantly much stronger than previously. The only negative is that my PDP doesn't cover Rapaflo.

November 7, 2013 12:47 PM
Review by bouledoux (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I can only say it will make urination easier but it also will make a satisfying climax with ejaculation a fond distant memory. IT TAKES A LONG time to wear off so you dont need to take it daily.

October 21, 2013 9:10 PM
Review by RandyThib: User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I started Rapaflo 8 mg yesterday afternoon after my urology appointment. Got up to urinate only once last night - down from 3 - 4 times a night. I am impressed at how "rapid" it worked. Stream is already stronger. Orgasm last evening was same in intensity but produced nothing. This really surprised me as I did not know it was a side effect. Just hope intensity and drive don't decrease as well.

October 17, 2013 12:35 PM
Review by Swimbrett: User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I am 66 and have been getting up 6-7 times a night to urinate. Previously I tried Flomax, but this made me dizzy. My Urologist suggested Rapaflo which I have been taking for 5 days. I now go 3-4 times per night. No side effects, but noticed feel a bit lethargic and my nose is runny. I have been using only 4 mg size and may ask to try the 8 mg as I am a big guy (6'3" 205 lbs).

October 8, 2013 7:51 AM
Review by Spymann1 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Started to work immediately to improve urine flow and frequency. However the side effect of retrograde ejaculation became extremely bothersome. I did stop taking it for a few weeks and the side effect was completely reversed, however the urine flow issue was too much of a problem, so I restarted taking the Rapaflo again. Same issues which I tolerated for a while but finally decided to go back to the Urologist and he started me on a new medicine.

September 22, 2013 5:42 PM
Review by 65 Year old (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Difficulty urinating. Given a sample of Rapaflo by my urologist and warned about possible side effects - no ejaculation. Have been experiencing mucous and coughing and learned that this may be another side effect. Flow is much better and if you can get over the need to ejaculate the medicine seems to achieve required results. Used Flomax for a kidney stone in the past with success but only short term. One incident of bladder infection which was treated with Cipro by my family doctor. Any idea what to do about the stuffiness or must I live with it? Also on Lipitor and blood pressure lowering medicines (cautioned the Rapaflo in conjunction with it might cause dizziness but it hasn't yet).

August 29, 2013 4:08 AM
Review by bayouswimmer (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Had symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, then a stone popped out. Had both Rapaflo and Flomax on hand, so I took the Flomax. Great within hours and for the first few weeks, then start with blood pressure issues. I also take Avapro as a preventative to blown kidneys from being diabetic, so they can BOTH lower blood pressure, which it seems all of these medicines CAN do. Not sure if I have a full blown case of BPH, OR a moving stone, as it comes and goes on its own, and I never have night up and down issues. Mine is what seems like unable to fully empty, full bladder, and then, drip, drip, drip, drip. Flomax works within hours on me, but long term has problems with the fast pulse. Thinking of trying Rapaflo instead of Flomax when it flares up.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 23, 2013 10:27 PM
Review by Dribble boy: User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I've had increasingly annoying symptoms for years. In the past, I've tried other medications (Uroxitrol and FloMax) and had some improvement in voiding my bladder and a somewhat increased stream. However the side effects were unpleasant. My blood pressure dropped severely and standing up from a sitting position would cause extreme dizziness from hypotension. So I stopped taking them and the symptoms went away. Recently my problems voiding became significant, so I went to see the urologist again. He prescribed Rapaflo. I had immediate relief. Within a couple of hours I noticed a difference. It's been two weeks and I'm noticing a bit of a decline in flow, so I'm going to ask if there is a slightly higher dose. No unpleasant side effects yet.

August 12, 2013 12:09 PM
Review by Casper18 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I've had a weak stream for some time, but after a recent prostate biopsy, I had extra trouble voiding. Actually, I was just dribbling and couldn't even get up a good stream. In the mornings I wasn't sure I would be able to urinate at all. After one day, I noticed I was getting a little bit better flow, but it immediately causes dry ejaculation. I took a second day and developed a headache which carried into the third day. This morning I was so tired and lethargic I lay in bed till noon. I decided at this point that I would get off it and see if my energy comes back. I believe I will have to opt for surgery and get this fixed.

June 29, 2013 8:51 PM
Review by Weirded out (taken for less than 1 month):

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I was recommended to take Rapaflo due to a kidney stone my body was trying to pass, I took 1 pill & passed 2 stones in 2 days. That was wonderful, however not being told about the dry ejaculation freaked me completely out. I thought it just was broke for good now or that maybe another stone had lodged anything from coming out, haha but not really. Googled it and began to relax, but the other issue is my heart rate dropped so much I though my heart was broke too and in a real bad way. My energy level crashed and after a full nights rest had to lay down before heading out to work. And the stuffy nose was irritating to say the least. Lose stools, slight upset stomach but not bad and terrible leg cramps. It's been 2 days still same symptoms.

May 8, 2013 11:51 PM
Review by birdlybee (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: The lack of semen freaked me at first but I got over it - it's like having a vasectomy my friends tell me. But my erections are just as strong and my orgasms are better.

April 6, 2013 7:32 PM
Review by AndyinMD: User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Been on 8mg of Rapaflo for five days. Diagnosed with moderate Benign Prostate Hyperplasia but a PSA score of 0.8. So we don't assume cancer. Rapaflo has worked well for me, increased flow, more complete emptying and a full night of sleep. Side effects were dry orgasm but no loss of sexual desire or capability and a stuffy nose/sinus-type headache easily managed with a routine OTC sinus medicine.

March 24, 2013 8:48 AM
Review by Adam777 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I have problem with frequent uriantion especially at night. I started taking Rapaflo with the following effects: 1- Urinary symptoms improved some what 2- No orgasm 3- No ejaculation 4- Stuffy nose 5- Muscle ache So I decided to have frequent urination and I stopped taking Rapaflo.

February 9, 2013 9:22 PM
Review by Cym: User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I have a prostate infection with an enlarged prostate and urinary issues. I was given Flomax (30 days) initially with antibiotics but the Flomax made me dizzy and a bad stuffed up nose. I was then given Rapaflo to help treat the benign prostate hyperplasia and felt only a slight stuffy nose and of course the most common side effect no ejaculation. These side effects are common. This medication is important in treating BPH and infections. I now have no discomfort and urinate freely. I still have two weeks to go. I won't stop taking it until the 30 days are up per doctors orders. For those people who are worried about the no ejaculation side effect, I have to say stick through and win the war. It will come back. Skipping or less sex for a month is worth it to get back to normal.

February 2, 2013 12:10 AM
Review by MauiSteve2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Tried Terazosin but failed due to lethargy. Next tried Flomax but failed due to extreme constant headache. Next Uroxatral which had fewer side effects aside from a bit of nasal congestion. Had some mild constant pelvic pain so Urologist suggested Rapaflo. Very low nasal, or lethargy side effects, but this medicine gave me retrograde ejaculation and took away most sex drive. This medicine would be fine if I were older and not having sex. But I am 50 and my girlfriend is starting to wonder.

October 17, 2012 2:12 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I am 52 years old and after having difficulty with urinary flow, multiple bathroom trips per night , I finally went to the doctor for the dreaded check. After no serious issues were found, my doctor suggested Rapaflo. He forewarned me about the anejaculation, but said I would still have the sensation associated with ejaculation. After about a month, the sensation has ceased to exist.

July 17, 2012 12:59 PM
Review by roger roger (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: For me it works fair. At certain times of the day I still have difficulty starting the urine stream. I am sure I will have to have surgery before long.

July 8, 2012 5:45 PM
Review by detzkorn (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I get better results with Rapaflo than Flomax. I have no ejaculate, which feels weird, but OK. It's dropped my BP about 10-15 pts, I'm a bit calmer, and its helped with some mild erectile dysfunction. So, it's a winner.

June 9, 2012 10:22 PM

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Urinary symptoms improved somewhat after a few days. I experienced dry orgasm after first dose, orgasm sensation slightly reduced. I stopped taking it for a week... ejaculation returned, but so did weakened flow and dribbling. I will start taking it again to get better flow. The lack of semen doesn't bother me all that much... we're not in the baby-making business anymore, anyway!

June 7, 2012 11:28 PM
Review by jlbte (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: To make a long story short, Rapaflo worked, making it easier to urinate and cutting the frequency in half; However if you still enjoy Sex, well, there won't be any. You can forget having any meaningful ejaculation. After taking it for less than a week, there was absolutely no ejaculate. The frustration of trying to have sex is worst than the frequent urination to me. So if your not interested in Sex, it's a good drug and it works well, with little or no other side effects. I also tried Flowmax and it's merely a little brother to Rapaflo, with pronounced Dizziness and muscle fatigue. Neither is realistic for me. But give them a try, they make work better for you.

May 28, 2012 4:30 PM

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: I'm 40 and was prescribed Rapaflo after blood flow to my groin was compromised due to hip alignment post accident. I was experiencing poor urine flow, pain, and erectile dysfunction symptoms. Within a couple of hours on Rapaflo my groin pain went away and blood flow increased. I have large long lasting erections, but no ejaculation and reduced orgasm. I've taken to cycling on and off Rapaflo, 3-4days on / a week to two off, so my ejaculations are only compromised for a couple of days, but the effects seem to last a couple of weeks.

March 25, 2012 4:02 PM

Rapaflo (silodosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Rapaflo will only relieve your symptoms for a short time and it relaxes smooth muscle. You have to take Avodart if you want to shrink the prostate and never have symptoms again. It takes time to work so take both medicines.. its worth it. It helped me.

February 23, 2012 8:02 PM

Rapaflo (silodosin): Since beginning my twenty-one day trial, I have experienced stuffy nasal passages, ejaculate free orgasms, decreased libido, and increased flow. This all in a eight day period. I will likely look for another medicine, because of the sexual side effects. I am a 56 year old male, who is otherwise healthy, with the exception of occasional erectile dysfunction, and a moderate case of COPD.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate