User Reviews for Rofecoxib

Also known as: Vioxx

Learn more about Rofecoxib.

Rofecoxib review summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 274 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Rofecoxib to treat Osteoarthritis

Review by Bella and Sister:

Vioxx (rofecoxib): Please, please bring this wonder medicine back.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2014 6:23 PM

Review by Shock:

Vioxx (rofecoxib): Had severe pain in left shoulder, right elbow, and joint of head & spine and had lived with it for several months. This was due to excessive overworking on a strenuous project. Doctor gave me Vioxx and the first dose wiped out all pain and it did not return. On occasion If I over worked again I would take one pill and it would again work the same wonders - a true miracle! Guess it worked too good and was cutting out doctor visits for all the other stuff that never gave a hint of relief.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2013 7:54 PM

Review by Georgek:

Vioxx (rofecoxib): This drug's occasional use significantly improved my mobility and almost totally eliminated the significant pain in my knee. felt like like the the " 6 million dollar man with having bionic knees and had no side effect. No impact regarding higher blood pressure. As soon as I stopped taking it, the pain returned. I considered this the greatest pain killer ever developed! I do know I would have to pay attention how to take it if conditional approval would be given.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2013 3:13 PM

Review by Sonny 1:

Vioxx (rofecoxib): vioxx worked so well for me and other patients that my doctor said I quote "Vioxx was taken off the market because it worked so well that it would eventually eliminate all the other prescription medicines and over the counter antiinflammatory medicines". Vioxx worked so well for me that I was eventually able to cut the pill in half and take 1/2 a 12mg pill every other day.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2011 5:22 PM

Review by pity:

Vioxx (rofecoxib): Vioxx was my miracle drug. I have not had a pain-free day since it was taken off the market.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2010 6:46 PM

Review by John27:

Vioxx (rofecoxib): Vioxx was like a miracle drug with its ability to reduce pain. I would take about three a week and this would make my arthritis pain vanish. The drugs I'm on now don't even come close to doing the same job as Vioxx even when taking three and four a day. I've been on Celebrex, Arthrotec and Meloxicam. Bring back Vioxx and let the sufferers chose. These other drugs which do very little for me give me diarrhea and can cause heart attacks too, but minus the relief which Vioxx delivered. I'll bet there's an abundance of people suffering right now who would opt for Vioxx in a heartbeat.

May 16, 2010 2:36 PM

Vioxx (rofecoxib): I have serious arthritis in my hips and knees, and no medication including Celebrex has ever worked for me. Vioxx was like a miracle pill for me -- one single pill was all I had to take to enjoy over a month of pain free movement! I seriously doubt that small a dosage would ever give me a heart attack, and besides, that would and should be MY choice, not someone else's. It's a prescription medication -- for heaven's sake, leave it up to the doctors to decide who is at too much risk to take it, and leave it up to US if we want to take that risk. For so many, it isn't a risk at all, nor do they, like me, even need much of it to live without pain.

November 4, 2009 6:08 PM

Review by JuliusSnoozer:

Vioxx (rofecoxib): Vioxx stopped the pain wonderfully when I sprained my ankle years ago, though it upset my stomach a bit. Now that I have Osteoarthritis, I hope "they" can come up with something else as effective.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2009 10:30 AM

Review by Linda65:

Vioxx (rofecoxib): It did not touch my pain.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 12, 2009 11:16 PM

Review by MacGyver:

Vioxx (rofecoxib): I took Vioxx and it helped my arthritis pain tremendously, when nothing else would work including prescription pain killers. I suffer from Hemophilia, severe type a. Vioxx works in such away that being hemophiliac is overlooked by the manufacturer. The reason it works so well for me is that hemophilia thins the blood, this decreeses the risk of heartack by blood clots, where as normal people who clot correctly would possibly have a sideffect but for people like me with hemophilia Vioxx helped

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate