User Reviews for Xarelto

Learn more about Xarelto.

Xarelto review summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Reviews for Xarelto to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis

Review by Sav31 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I've been on Xarelto 20mg a day for a year now, after I was hospitalized with a clot in my lung that came up from my leg. I've got no side effect at all.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 5, 2014 6:37 PM
Review by NCYankee (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Doc put me on this after finding a small blood clot in calf after TKR. First month was not bad but after that, my upper stomach started to hurt off & on all day, every day; migraine headaches every night; insomnia every night and horrible itching at site of incision; bleeding hemorrhoids also. Had a Doppler taken after 2 months and it did not find any clots. Dr took me off of Xarelto cold turkey. Very frightening because I was told you should be weaned off of it but doc seemed to be ok with immediately stopping. It has been 4 days since I stopped and all the above symptoms went away, thank goodness.

February 24, 2014 9:28 PM
Review by RichardTheo (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Was on xeralto for three months and enjoyed the freedom from warfarin...BUT went back to warfarin because head aches, constant sore upset stomach, weird dreams and hallucinations at night...Three weeks off xeralto and back on warfarin am feeling normal again...Just me and if xeralto works for you stay with it...

January 17, 2014 11:53 PM
Review by Galarza: User Rating:

Good

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 8, 2013 10:47 PM
Review by SalesRD (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Last summer I was placed on Xarelto after a dermatologist botched my laser leg vein surgery and caused a DVT. I am an otherwise healthy 50 year old woman. I did not want to go on Coumadin as I am familiar with the side effects and monitoring required. I was sick on Xarelto the entire time, and the minute that I stopped it, most of the side effects went away. It took about two weeks for all side effects to subside. Side effects included migraine headaches (first time in my life), sharp pins and needles pain in hands and fingers, swollen joints especially finger joints, muscle cramps-especially legs and toes etc.

December 6, 2013 8:16 PM
Review by Starr2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I was on Coumadin from 2008-2013. I am now 28 years old. Imagine how I react when I go to a Dr, get told about Xarelto, that I do NOT need to see my doctor weekly-biweekly, and I CAN EAT GREENS! It was a miracle for me. Yes, the bleeding risk is still there. But a once daily pill for my chronic recurrent deep vein thrombosis verses modifying multiple times my Coumadin based on fluctuating INR levels is a God send. My PCP was about to put me on the similar Xa-inhibitor medication but this came out. Off to enjoy sauteed spinach!

July 23, 2013 11:14 PM
Review by Tsunamijim (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Treated with Coumadin for 3 years. Stopped Coumadin 2 days ago. Started Xarelto last night 20 mg once a day. Maybe it is the excitement of being off Coumadin, but today is the first day I feel normal. No headache, No light headedness, No Fuzzy head, was not tired in the middle of the day. Coumadin really made me feel different. I thought it was just getting old. Also my eyes feel clear now. First thing I did last night was drink two glasses of cranberry juice. It was great. For lunch spinach in my sandwich. Wonderful. Looking forward to not seeing my doctor to draw blood every month. Might even get back into some low impact sports in the afternoon before dinner.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 5, 2013 8:11 PM