User Reviews for Rituxan

Learn more about Rituxan.

Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma 8 reviews 27 medications

Wegener's Granulomatosis 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Rituxan reviews 14 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Rituxan

Review by RobGee:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Entering the 7th hour of the process during my 1st infusion; I experienced annoying itching deep within my ears, back of throat, head and face. Shortly after the "push", increasing the drip, I broke out into hives on my face, head and neck with red welts ironically appearing in the areas where I had historically given myself the Enbrel injections...front of both thighs and stomach. Enbrel had stopped its effectiveness after almost 2 yrs and it had been almost 1 month from my last injection prior to the infusion. My Dr made the decision to discontinue the infusion fearing that my allergic reaction may cause anaphylaxis.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 15, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I had two infusions. Both lasted 18-20 hours. I couldn't tolerate the infusion faster than 33ml/hr. I would get chest pain and muscle rigors. MD refused to continue after that.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by Judi in Bon Air, Va. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: I was diagnosed with CLL 10/2005. I began Rituxan 5/2012 once the lymph nodes began to enlarge and my counts were doubling. Initially I was infused once per week for a month; I have continued with this infusion but moved to a monthly visit. It is now July/2013 and my numbers have dropped significantly and my doctor has moved to a maintenance program....infusion every other month. I have never had any side effects from the infusions and doctor is pleased that I've not required chemotherapy medicines added to get same results. Prior to each infusion, I take two 25mg Benadryl and a Tylenol. Perhaps these medicines beforehand have aided me. I have no complaints!

July 2, 2013 8:49 AM

Review by jmbwholesale (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: In 2009 after 6 rounds of RCHOP chemo, then BCNU chemo in the hospital, a bone marrow transplant, I had 3 years of remission. In Oct. 2012, rediagnosed out of remission, started on 6 rounds of bendamustine and Rituxan. The 6th month was skipped due to a low WBC of 2.4. I will continue on Rituxan for maintenance. I began my journey at stage 4E. I was rediagnosed after a fall in May, and was back to stage 4 by October 2012, so the combination of bendamustine and Rituxan have done good. I will receive Rituxan every 3 months or sooner as a precautionary measure.

May 14, 2013 11:09 PM

Review by Jazzperc (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: For me Rituxan has been the best medicine yet. I have been through Enbrel and Humira which helped but began to lose their effectiveness after awhile.

February 20, 2013 10:45 PM

Review by Sydmave (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: I have gone through three rounds of Rituxan for Auto-Immune Hemolytic Anemia triggered by early stage Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Each time I have had initial reactions with the first dose. My throat and ears get itchy and my throat starts to swell. They give me IV Benadryl and have administered Decadron, slowed down the infusion and I have done okay. It is very gradual improvement in my hemoglobin. So slow that I'm not sure it is working but my doctors believe it is. The only alternative is prednisone which makes me completely hyper and unable to sleep. Rituxan is the better alternative. Unfortunately it is not stopping my AIHA just keeping my hemoglobin up. It is extremely expensive though.

February 2, 2013 9:25 PM

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: I am doing maintenance with Rituxan for Non Hodgin's Lymphoma. Last Chemo was March 2011. This medicine saved my life, and still does so.

February 29, 2012 1:51 PM

Review by exador:

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: I had Rituximab treatment over four weeks for a lymphoma on my newly (three months) transplanted kidney. The result was total remission, which truly amazed me. It's almost three years now, and I often think about what situation I'd be in if it hadn't been detected purely by chance.

October 21, 2011 10:28 PM

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: After first round of chemo with Rituxan...my lymphoma lump was completely gone to the touch. Yes...I did have a mild reaction the first time Rituxan was administered, but it was easily resolved with a little Benadryl and a slow down of the Rituxan drip. I did not have any allergic reaction of the subsequent two rounds of chemo. After only three rounds of chemo, I had another PET/CT scan...and was deemed in total remission. Almost a year later....and still no return of the lymphoma and I feel great. It is amazing what medical science can do today to treat and cure people of cancer.

October 3, 2011 8:10 AM

Review by janevir:

For Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis: I've had great results (remission) by having this medicine for Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis. Very thankful for this medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 10, 2011 12:04 PM

Review by Duarte:

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: Extremely important medicine for me with Lymphoma low grade stage 1 under my right eyelid. Very rare location for lymphoma. The first time I did 4 sessions with Rituxan in Jun/2010 and now March/2011 the second time. The pictures show my eyes before and after and big different this medicine made. Thanks doctors and nurses for brilliant work. Itchy was my first side effect and second time no side effects at all. Highly recommended.

March 30, 2011 1:39 PM

Review by rlhatfield7:

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: Just finished my sixth round of chemo treatment. I had Follicular B Cell Lymphoma. One on my right shoulder, one on in my neck and two on my chest. After fourth round and a PET scan, Doctor diagnosed me as being in 100% remission. I will do more research on the Rituxan maintenance program recommended by my Oncologist. I had a reaction to the Rituxan my first treatment but did not have any other problems with the medicine. Highly recommended

December 4, 2010 8:44 AM

Review by peggy6537:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had 2 infusions of Rituxan for rheumatoid arthritis. Within 4 days of the first infusion I was beginning to feel better. I am 5 days out from my second infusion and I can already move with little or no pain for the first time in over a year. For me, its been a life saver.

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2009 2:31 PM

For Pemphigus: This medication has helped my spouse. All other medicines did not work. He has had a significant reduction of symptoms.

January 9, 2009 9:27 PM

Review by why not:

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: This is my second round with Rituxan (3 and 1/2 years ago and now). Two years ago I had Bexxar. The first infusion helped shrink the nodes and spleen but only by 1/2. The Bexxar brought them to normal size. I'm trying Rituxan again because two nodes popped up 2 and 1/2 years after the Bexxar. It is hoped that the Rituxan will operate as a maintenance to remission. If so, the two enlarged nodes will be radiated to keep growth in check.

December 11, 2008 12:49 PM

Review by Lt_Taz:

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: I thought this was a spectacular medicine, very quick acting engorged lymph nodes were reduced within about 7 days. I am now in remission and doing maintenance.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2008 3:35 PM