User Reviews for Rituxan

Learn more about Rituxan.

Rituxan review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 345 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Rituxan to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Review by RobGee:

Entering the 7th hour of the process during my 1st infusion; I experienced annoying itching deep within my ears, back of throat, head and face. Shortly after the "push", increasing the drip, I broke out into hives on my face, head and neck with red welts ironically appearing in the areas where I had historically given myself the Enbrel injections...front of both thighs and stomach. Enbrel had stopped its effectiveness after almost 2 yrs and it had been almost 1 month from my last injection prior to the infusion. My Dr made the decision to discontinue the infusion fearing that my allergic reaction may cause anaphylaxis.

June 15, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had two infusions. Both lasted 18-20 hours. I couldn't tolerate the infusion faster than 33ml/hr. I would get chest pain and muscle rigors. MD refused to continue after that.

March 15, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by Jazzperc (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For me Rituxan has been the best medicine yet. I have been through Enbrel and Humira which helped but began to lose their effectiveness after awhile.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2013 10:45 PM

Review by peggy6537:

I have had 2 infusions of Rituxan for rheumatoid arthritis. Within 4 days of the first infusion I was beginning to feel better. I am 5 days out from my second infusion and I can already move with little or no pain for the first time in over a year. For me, its been a life saver.

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2009 2:31 PM