User Reviews for Rituximab

Also known as: Rituxan

Learn more about Rituximab.

Rituximab Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 323 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Rituximab to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"The steroid push with the first dose gave me a whirlwind of energy. I am using it to help CIPD - a dying nerve disease. My body started attacking my nerves and I now have fast moving, dense neuropathy feet, legs, hands, forearms. Mayo Clinic decided that this would be a good treatment since I suffer RA as well. I take methotrexate once weekly with the Rituxin. The crash came 3 days later and I felt the effects of the chemo on my body hard. I threw up a few times, felt like the worst hangover ever for the rest of the week (had infusion Tues, now is Sunday) I am still fighting nausea. I really really liked the steroid energy a lot. Now my joints and bones are screaming narcotics. Sleep is not very good for me yet. It's only been 6 days so."

RAfullofhope April 12, 2015

"I have been in Rituxan for 10 years. Almost wheel chair bound at 35. I prayed it would work. And it had put me in remission. It saved my life! I will be on this for the rest of my life if possible. I pray insurance will keep paying."

Buffytulsa December 15, 2014

"I had my very first infusion of Rituxan today, I feel like I have tried EVERYTHING. I've had Enbrel, Orencia, Humira, Xeljanz, Methotrexate, Remicade. All thumbs up so far. The infusion experience was great. I feel better but we also pushed Solumedrol steroids so that could be why. Crossing my fingers for no latent side effects and good results. Will try to check back in two weeks after second infusion."

marybrnrd (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2014

"My rheumatoid arthritis was so severe that I have had four joint replacements (both hips and both knees) within 4 years. I have tried Enbrel, Humira, and Remicade and none of them were effective. My joints were stiff and my flares were frequent, I was in so much pain and was very depressed because of my limitations. My Rhuematologist, who I feel is totally the best, told me about Rituxan (rituximab) and I agreed to try it in 2010. After my first infusion, I felt this was miracle pill because I had immediate positive results. I did not have ANY of the side effects that others have spoken about. I know that Rituxan gave me back my quality of life and my infusions can last up to a year. I'm still on it."

Baby Girl Chris October 3, 2014

Rituxan (rituximab): "Entering the 7th hour of the process during my 1st infusion; I experienced annoying itching deep within my ears, back of throat, head and face. Shortly after the "push", increasing the drip, I broke out into hives on my face, head and neck with red welts ironically appearing in the areas where I had historically given myself the Enbrel injections...front of both thighs and stomach. Enbrel had stopped its effectiveness after almost 2 yrs and it had been almost 1 month from my last injection prior to the infusion. My Dr made the decision to discontinue the infusion fearing that my allergic reaction may cause anaphylaxis."

RobGee June 15, 2014

Rituxan (rituximab): "I had two infusions. Both lasted 18-20 hours. I couldn't tolerate the infusion faster than 33ml/hr. I would get chest pain and muscle rigors. MD refused to continue after that. "

Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2014

"This is a follow up to a review I left on 18th July '12. It took 4 months for rituximab to start making a real difference and what a difference it has made to me. I can now walk and do most things that I couldn't do before I got it. I had another infusion yesterday and I will get another in 2 weeks and that will complete my 2nd course of it. That was 10 months between infusions although you can get it again after 6 months. I had Enbrel before starting rituximab but it didn't do a thing for me, in fact I think I got worse but rituximab has been fantastic. The infusion took around 6 hours but it was painless and I had no problems at all during it, although I would recommend taking a book to read as it is quite a long time sitting."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Rituxan (rituximab): "For me Rituxan has been the best medicine yet. I have been through Enbrel and Humira which helped but began to lose their effectiveness after awhile."

Jazzperc (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had my first infusion almost 6 weeks ago and the 2nd 15 days later, i had no problems at all during the infusions which was painless. The day after the infusion I woke up with the feeling that my hands were burning and tingling badly, that lasted most of the day. After the 2nd infusion I woke up on and off during the night with my eye burning. I think my mobility has improved a bit but I hope it improves more over the next couple of weeks. For the last few days I have had pain in my neck and jaw and feelings of dizziness, hopefully this will pass. I will update my progress over the next few weeks."

Anonymous July 18, 2012

"Having had 2 infusions within 2 weeks of each other twice a year for the last 4 yrs it has to be said that it took a while for it to work, along with methotrexate and prednisolone but once kicked in it has improved my condition lots. You do get a feeling of a cold coming on to begin with but without doubt it has been the best medication by far. Although having tried HJumira it gave me pneumonia, 11 yrs of medicine mixtures rituximab is by far the best."

shaunh January 6, 2012

"I was previously on Remicade that put me into remission for a few years. I wanted to have a child so I had to discontinue all medicines. I was still in remission so all was fine until a year ago when my hip just gave out. Needless to say, I am too young for hip surgery so my RA doctor recommended Rituximaub. I had my first does 3 days ago. I had a bad reaction after the rate was increased but after another dose of Benadryl and slowing down the medicines, all was fine. I have had no pain in my hip and feel great besides the grogginess from the Benadryl. My second dose is in 2 weeks and I hope that my pain will be gone (for at least 6 months). To God be the Glory!"

Anonymous October 14, 2011

"I have had 2 Rituximab Infusions for rheumatoid arthritis, the last one 2 1/2 months ago. I sailed through the infusions with no problem but 3 or 4 days later I had extreme edema and burning pain of both lower legs, muscle pain all over my body, feel like I have the flu and some loss of coordination. I was on 40 mg Lasix for another problem and my Doctor increased it to 80 mg daily along with Zaroxyl, extra Potassium 4 weeks ago, and for the first time today, my legs are normal size. I'll probably discontinue the extra diuretics when I see my Doctor tomorrow. "

dublin1234 March 26, 2011

Rituxan (rituximab): "I have had 2 infusions of Rituxan for rheumatoid arthritis. Within 4 days of the first infusion I was beginning to feel better. I am 5 days out from my second infusion and I can already move with little or no pain for the first time in over a year. For me, its been a life saver."

peggy6537 March 6, 2009

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis