User Reviews for Rituximab

Also known as: Rituxan

Learn more about Rituximab.

Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis 2 reviews 0 medications

7.6
Bullous Pemphigoid 0 reviews 76 medications Not rated - Be the first
Evan's Syndrome 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Follicular Lymphoma 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 0 reviews 86 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mantle Cell Lymphoma 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Microscopic polyangiitis 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pemphigoid 0 reviews 76 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Rituximab reviews 32 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Rituximab

For Pemphigus: "The course of treatment was 1000mg two weeks apart, and one 1000mg dose six months after. The first wave of treatment brought the pemphigus to only two isolated areas, (this is after 7 years of constant open wounds) The side effects were standard, extreme exhaustion, a sense of malaise. Utilizing a cannabis (eaten) treatment to counteract the nausea, it also alleviated the nervous reactions to stressful stimulus. (Not a normal user of such) The final treatment was completed in mid-June 2015, the side effects have been considerably less, only one day so far of dizziness and nervous reaction. This was treated with a 1/8g of cannabis eaten with white rice. Overall being forewarned is very helpful to keep side effects in perspective."

Danbee July 19, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The steroid push with the first dose gave me a whirlwind of energy. I am using it to help CIPD - a dying nerve disease. My body started attacking my nerves and I now have fast moving, dense neuropathy feet, legs, hands, forearms. Mayo Clinic decided that this would be a good treatment since I suffer RA as well. I take methotrexate once weekly with the Rituxin. The crash came 3 days later and I felt the effects of the chemo on my body hard. I threw up a few times, felt like the worst hangover ever for the rest of the week (had infusion Tues, now is Sunday) I am still fighting nausea. I really really liked the steroid energy a lot. Now my joints and bones are screaming narcotics. Sleep is not very good for me yet. It's only been 6 days so."

RAfullofhope April 12, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been in Rituxan for 10 years. Almost wheel chair bound at 35. I prayed it would work. And it had put me in remission. It saved my life! I will be on this for the rest of my life if possible. I pray insurance will keep paying."

Buffytulsa December 15, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had my very first infusion of Rituxan today, I feel like I have tried EVERYTHING. I've had Enbrel, Orencia, Humira, Xeljanz, Methotrexate, Remicade. All thumbs up so far. The infusion experience was great. I feel better but we also pushed Solumedrol steroids so that could be why. Crossing my fingers for no latent side effects and good results. Will try to check back in two weeks after second infusion."

marybrnrd (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My rheumatoid arthritis was so severe that I have had four joint replacements (both hips and both knees) within 4 years. I have tried Enbrel, Humira, and Remicade and none of them were effective. My joints were stiff and my flares were frequent, I was in so much pain and was very depressed because of my limitations. My Rhuematologist, who I feel is totally the best, told me about Rituxan (rituximab) and I agreed to try it in 2010. After my first infusion, I felt this was miracle pill because I had immediate positive results. I did not have ANY of the side effects that others have spoken about. I know that Rituxan gave me back my quality of life and my infusions can last up to a year. I'm still on it."

Baby Girl Chris October 3, 2014

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: "This has been an AMAZING medicine for me. I've taken it alone (after pre-administration medicines; Pepcid & Solumedrol (steroid)) for several series (of 4 infusions each) the last 3-4 years. It has put me back into remission every time, so far, especially knocking the WBC down into normal range from as high as 214k. No major side-effects, either. I can't sleep the night after my infusion (not tired, and too "hyped up"); also I coughed a lot last time, but they slowed the drip down, and I was fine."

GEEBREE August 22, 2014

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Entering the 7th hour of the process during my 1st infusion; I experienced annoying itching deep within my ears, back of throat, head and face. Shortly after the "push", increasing the drip, I broke out into hives on my face, head and neck with red welts ironically appearing in the areas where I had historically given myself the Enbrel injections...front of both thighs and stomach. Enbrel had stopped its effectiveness after almost 2 yrs and it had been almost 1 month from my last injection prior to the infusion. My Dr made the decision to discontinue the infusion fearing that my allergic reaction may cause anaphylaxis."

RobGee June 15, 2014

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had two infusions. Both lasted 18-20 hours. I couldn't tolerate the infusion faster than 33ml/hr. I would get chest pain and muscle rigors. MD refused to continue after that. "

Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2014

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: "Finished my first round of Rituxan for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Premeds- Tylenol, Zurtec and Ativan. About 5 minutes after they started the infusion, I experienced heaviness on my chest, chills, back pain and vomiting. It was managed very quickly with steroids and Benadryl. About an hour later, it felt like a bowling ball was sitting on my chest. The nurse came rapidly to the rescue with Benadryl and Ativan. After that, I woke up when it was all over. I slept pretty much all day and night. Feeling flu like symptoms and very thirsty. Experienced night sweats and had to change my pyjamas in the middle of the night. The next day, I had flu like symptoms without a fever. Make sure you drink a lot of water to flush your system."

Beach_Bum (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2014

Rituxan (rituximab) for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: "I was diagnosed with CLL 10/2005. I began Rituxan 5/2012 once the lymph nodes began to enlarge and my counts were doubling. Initially I was infused once per week for a month; I have continued with this infusion but moved to a monthly visit. It is now July/2013 and my numbers have dropped significantly and my doctor has moved to a maintenance program....infusion every other month. I have never had any side effects from the infusions and doctor is pleased that I've not required chemotherapy medicines added to get same results. Prior to each infusion, I take two 25mg Benadryl and a Tylenol. Perhaps these medicines beforehand have aided me. I have no complaints!"

Judi in Bon Air, Va. (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2013

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "In 2009 after 6 rounds of RCHOP chemo, then BCNU chemo in the hospital, a bone marrow transplant, I had 3 years of remission. In Oct. 2012, rediagnosed out of remission, started on 6 rounds of bendamustine and Rituxan. The 6th month was skipped due to a low WBC of 2.4. I will continue on Rituxan for maintenance. I began my journey at stage 4E. I was rediagnosed after a fall in May, and was back to stage 4 by October 2012, so the combination of bendamustine and Rituxan have done good. I will receive Rituxan every 3 months or sooner as a precautionary measure."

jmbwholesale (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 14, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This is a follow up to a review I left on 18th July '12. It took 4 months for rituximab to start making a real difference and what a difference it has made to me. I can now walk and do most things that I couldn't do before I got it. I had another infusion yesterday and I will get another in 2 weeks and that will complete my 2nd course of it. That was 10 months between infusions although you can get it again after 6 months. I had Enbrel before starting rituximab but it didn't do a thing for me, in fact I think I got worse but rituximab has been fantastic. The infusion took around 6 hours but it was painless and I had no problems at all during it, although I would recommend taking a book to read as it is quite a long time sitting."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "For me Rituxan has been the best medicine yet. I have been through Enbrel and Humira which helped but began to lose their effectiveness after awhile."

Jazzperc (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2013

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Rituxan (rituximab) for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: "I have gone through three rounds of Rituxan for Auto-Immune Hemolytic Anemia triggered by early stage Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Each time I have had initial reactions with the first dose. My throat and ears get itchy and my throat starts to swell. They give me IV Benadryl and have administered Decadron, slowed down the infusion and I have done okay. It is very gradual improvement in my hemoglobin. So slow that I'm not sure it is working but my doctors believe it is. The only alternative is prednisone which makes me completely hyper and unable to sleep. Rituxan is the better alternative. Unfortunately it is not stopping my AIHA just keeping my hemoglobin up. It is extremely expensive though. "

Sydmave (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2013

For Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis: "I was diagnosed with focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. After a number of years my kidneys failed I was transplanted with my brothers kidney, we were a perfect match. 8 days later a biopsy showed the FSGs present in the new kidney. Within a year all my pre-operation symptoms were back. As a last ditch effort we tried Rituximab and after 5 infusions I began to go into remission I have been symptom free for nearly 3 years. I would highly recommend anyone in a similar situation to try this medicine. I truly feel better than ever, and had zero side effects. The manufacturer has a program where they give it free to folks with Subpar insurance like me. although I did have to come up with a few thousand for the infusions it was well worth it. Good luck."

ms. milo January 26, 2013

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "I had chills, shakes and low blood pressure at my first infusion. Subsequent infusions were easier, but still difficult. I think it's 8 of 10 due to side effects, and I know it works well for many people. Not for all though."

hat_hat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had my first infusion almost 6 weeks ago and the 2nd 15 days later, i had no problems at all during the infusions which was painless. The day after the infusion I woke up with the feeling that my hands were burning and tingling badly, that lasted most of the day. After the 2nd infusion I woke up on and off during the night with my eye burning. I think my mobility has improved a bit but I hope it improves more over the next couple of weeks. For the last few days I have had pain in my neck and jaw and feelings of dizziness, hopefully this will pass. I will update my progress over the next few weeks."

Anonymous July 18, 2012

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "I am doing maintenance with Rituxan for Non Hodgin's Lymphoma. Last Chemo was March 2011. This medicine saved my life, and still does so."

Anonymous February 29, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Having had 2 infusions within 2 weeks of each other twice a year for the last 4 yrs it has to be said that it took a while for it to work, along with methotrexate and prednisolone but once kicked in it has improved my condition lots. You do get a feeling of a cold coming on to begin with but without doubt it has been the best medication by far. Although having tried HJumira it gave me pneumonia, 11 yrs of medicine mixtures rituximab is by far the best."

shaunh January 6, 2012

For Wegener's Granulomatosis: "I have taken this medication 4 times over the past 5 weeks or so. I have had no complications other than a little wheeze caused by a narrowing of my bronchial airways. My CT scan shows a "dramatic response" to the medications and no new nodules. I am very hopeful that this is the cure for this disease. I am feeling wonderful and I would encourage anyone to take the chance that it too may change your life. Do your research and then try. I did and I am so very happy. I have a future now."

vfreeman December 26, 2011

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "I had Rituximab treatment over four weeks for a lymphoma on my newly (three months) transplanted kidney. The result was total remission, which truly amazed me. It's almost three years now, and I often think about what situation I'd be in if it hadn't been detected purely by chance."

exador October 21, 2011

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was previously on Remicade that put me into remission for a few years. I wanted to have a child so I had to discontinue all medicines. I was still in remission so all was fine until a year ago when my hip just gave out. Needless to say, I am too young for hip surgery so my RA doctor recommended Rituximaub. I had my first does 3 days ago. I had a bad reaction after the rate was increased but after another dose of Benadryl and slowing down the medicines, all was fine. I have had no pain in my hip and feel great besides the grogginess from the Benadryl. My second dose is in 2 weeks and I hope that my pain will be gone (for at least 6 months). To God be the Glory!"

Anonymous October 14, 2011

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "After first round of chemo with Rituxan...my lymphoma lump was completely gone to the touch. Yes...I did have a mild reaction the first time Rituxan was administered, but it was easily resolved with a little Benadryl and a slow down of the Rituxan drip. I did not have any allergic reaction of the subsequent two rounds of chemo. After only three rounds of chemo, I had another PET/CT scan...and was deemed in total remission. Almost a year later....and still no return of the lymphoma and I feel great. It is amazing what medical science can do today to treat and cure people of cancer."

Anonymous October 3, 2011

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: "My husband had been treated with rituximab for CLL. He has had some scary reactions while receiving the infusion like uncontrollable shaking and the last time his blood pressure dropped dangerously low as well. He was taken off and given IVs to bring his blood pressure up, sent home and the next morning he completed the infusion and then his chemotherapy. This time he also experienced dizziness. His condition is deteriorating in other ways such as severe weight loss. I read the severe side effects of this drug for the first time today and see him experiencing almost all of them. I think we will try to find an alternative. Scary for people with these reactions."

Anonymous June 17, 2011

Rituxan (rituximab) for Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis: "I've had great results (remission) by having this medicine for Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis. Very thankful for this medicine."

janevir May 10, 2011