User Reviews for Rituximab

Also known as: Rituxan

Learn more about Rituximab.

Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis 2 reviews 0 medications

7.4
Bullous Pemphigoid 0 reviews 76 medications Not rated - Be the first
Evan's Syndrome 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Follicular Lymphoma 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 0 reviews 100 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mantle Cell Lymphoma 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Microscopic polyangiitis 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pemphigoid 0 reviews 76 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Rituximab reviews 25 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Rituximab

Review by Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I had two infusions. Both lasted 18-20 hours. I couldn't tolerate the infusion faster than 33ml/hr. I would get chest pain and muscle rigors. MD refused to continue after that.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 15, 2014 12:38 AM
Review by Beach_Bum (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

rituximab for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Finished my first round of Rituxan for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Premeds- Tylenol, Zurtec and Ativan. About 5 minutes after they started the infusion, I experienced heaviness on my chest, chills, back pain and vomiting. It was managed very quickly with steroids and Benadryl. About an hour later, it felt like a bowling ball was sitting on my chest. The nurse came rapidly to the rescue with Benadryl and Ativan. After that, I woke up when it was all over. I slept pretty much all day and night. Feeling flu like symptoms and very thirsty. Experienced night sweats and had to change my pyjamas in the middle of the night. The next day, I had flu like symptoms without a fever. Make sure you drink a lot of water to flush your system.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2014 11:39 AM
Review by Judi in Bon Air, Va. (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: I was diagnosed with CLL 10/2005. I began Rituxan 5/2012 once the lymph nodes began to enlarge and my counts were doubling. Initially I was infused once per week for a month; I have continued with this infusion but moved to a monthly visit. It is now July/2013 and my numbers have dropped significantly and my doctor has moved to a maintenance program....infusion every other month. I have never had any side effects from the infusions and doctor is pleased that I've not required chemotherapy medicines added to get same results. Prior to each infusion, I take two 25mg Benadryl and a Tylenol. Perhaps these medicines beforehand have aided me. I have no complaints!

July 2, 2013 8:49 AM
Review by jmbwholesale (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: In 2009 after 6 rounds of RCHOP chemo, then BCNU chemo in the hospital, a bone marrow transplant, I had 3 years of remission. In Oct. 2012, rediagnosed out of remission, started on 6 rounds of bendamustine and Rituxan. The 6th month was skipped due to a low WBC of 2.4. I will continue on Rituxan for maintenance. I began my journey at stage 4E. I was rediagnosed after a fall in May, and was back to stage 4 by October 2012, so the combination of bendamustine and Rituxan have done good. I will receive Rituxan every 3 months or sooner as a precautionary measure.

May 14, 2013 11:09 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

rituximab for Rheumatoid Arthritis: This is a follow up to a review I left on 18th July '12. It took 4 months for rituximab to start making a real difference and what a difference it has made to me. I can now walk and do most things that I couldn't do before I got it. I had another infusion yesterday and I will get another in 2 weeks and that will complete my 2nd course of it. That was 10 months between infusions although you can get it again after 6 months. I had Enbrel before starting rituximab but it didn't do a thing for me, in fact I think I got worse but rituximab has been fantastic. The infusion took around 6 hours but it was painless and I had no problems at all during it, although I would recommend taking a book to read as it is quite a long time sitting.

April 13, 2013 11:51 AM
Review by Jazzperc (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: For me Rituxan has been the best medicine yet. I have been through Enbrel and Humira which helped but began to lose their effectiveness after awhile.

February 20, 2013 10:45 PM
Review by Sydmave (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: I have gone through three rounds of Rituxan for Auto-Immune Hemolytic Anemia triggered by early stage Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Each time I have had initial reactions with the first dose. My throat and ears get itchy and my throat starts to swell. They give me IV Benadryl and have administered Decadron, slowed down the infusion and I have done okay. It is very gradual improvement in my hemoglobin. So slow that I'm not sure it is working but my doctors believe it is. The only alternative is prednisone which makes me completely hyper and unable to sleep. Rituxan is the better alternative. Unfortunately it is not stopping my AIHA just keeping my hemoglobin up. It is extremely expensive though.

February 2, 2013 9:25 PM
Review by ms. milo: User Rating:

rituximab for Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis: I was diagnosed with focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. After a number of years my kidneys failed I was transplanted with my brothers kidney, we were a perfect match. 8 days later a biopsy showed the FSGs present in the new kidney. Within a year all my pre-operation symptoms were back. As a last ditch effort we tried Rituximab and after 5 infusions I began to go into remission I have been symptom free for nearly 3 years. I would highly recommend anyone in a similar situation to try this medicine. I truly feel better than ever, and had zero side effects. The manufacturer has a program where they give it free to folks with Subpar insurance like me. although I did have to come up with a few thousand for the infusions it was well worth it. Good luck.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 26, 2013 10:03 PM
Review by hat_hat (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

rituximab for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: I had chills, shakes and low blood pressure at my first infusion. Subsequent infusions were easier, but still difficult. I think it's 8 of 10 due to side effects, and I know it works well for many people. Not for all though.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 21, 2012 12:31 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

rituximab for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I had my first infusion almost 6 weeks ago and the 2nd 15 days later, i had no problems at all during the infusions which was painless. The day after the infusion I woke up with the feeling that my hands were burning and tingling badly, that lasted most of the day. After the 2nd infusion I woke up on and off during the night with my eye burning. I think my mobility has improved a bit but I hope it improves more over the next couple of weeks. For the last few days I have had pain in my neck and jaw and feelings of dizziness, hopefully this will pass. I will update my progress over the next few weeks.

July 18, 2012 6:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: I am doing maintenance with Rituxan for Non Hodgin's Lymphoma. Last Chemo was March 2011. This medicine saved my life, and still does so.

February 29, 2012 1:51 PM
Review by shaunh: User Rating:

rituximab for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Having had 2 infusions within 2 weeks of each other twice a year for the last 4 yrs it has to be said that it took a while for it to work, along with methotrexate and prednisolone but once kicked in it has improved my condition lots. You do get a feeling of a cold coming on to begin with but without doubt it has been the best medication by far. Although having tried HJumira it gave me pneumonia, 11 yrs of medicine mixtures rituximab is by far the best.

January 6, 2012 11:50 AM
Review by vfreeman: User Rating:

rituximab for Wegener's Granulomatosis: I have taken this medication 4 times over the past 5 weeks or so. I have had no complications other than a little wheeze caused by a narrowing of my bronchial airways. My CT scan shows a "dramatic response" to the medications and no new nodules. I am very hopeful that this is the cure for this disease. I am feeling wonderful and I would encourage anyone to take the chance that it too may change your life. Do your research and then try. I did and I am so very happy. I have a future now.

December 26, 2011 10:50 AM
Review by exador: User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: I had Rituximab treatment over four weeks for a lymphoma on my newly (three months) transplanted kidney. The result was total remission, which truly amazed me. It's almost three years now, and I often think about what situation I'd be in if it hadn't been detected purely by chance.

October 21, 2011 10:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

rituximab for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was previously on Remicade that put me into remission for a few years. I wanted to have a child so I had to discontinue all medicines. I was still in remission so all was fine until a year ago when my hip just gave out. Needless to say, I am too young for hip surgery so my RA doctor recommended Rituximaub. I had my first does 3 days ago. I had a bad reaction after the rate was increased but after another dose of Benadryl and slowing down the medicines, all was fine. I have had no pain in my hip and feel great besides the grogginess from the Benadryl. My second dose is in 2 weeks and I hope that my pain will be gone (for at least 6 months). To God be the Glory!

October 14, 2011 11:06 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: After first round of chemo with Rituxan...my lymphoma lump was completely gone to the touch. Yes...I did have a mild reaction the first time Rituxan was administered, but it was easily resolved with a little Benadryl and a slow down of the Rituxan drip. I did not have any allergic reaction of the subsequent two rounds of chemo. After only three rounds of chemo, I had another PET/CT scan...and was deemed in total remission. Almost a year later....and still no return of the lymphoma and I feel great. It is amazing what medical science can do today to treat and cure people of cancer.

October 3, 2011 8:10 AM

rituximab for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: My husband had been treated with rituximab for CLL. He has had some scary reactions while receiving the infusion like uncontrollable shaking and the last time his blood pressure dropped dangerously low as well. He was taken off and given IVs to bring his blood pressure up, sent home and the next morning he completed the infusion and then his chemotherapy. This time he also experienced dizziness. His condition is deteriorating in other ways such as severe weight loss. I read the severe side effects of this drug for the first time today and see him experiencing almost all of them. I think we will try to find an alternative. Scary for people with these reactions.

June 17, 2011 5:55 PM
Review by janevir: User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis: I've had great results (remission) by having this medicine for Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis. Very thankful for this medicine.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 10, 2011 12:04 PM
Review by Duarte: User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: Extremely important medicine for me with Lymphoma low grade stage 1 under my right eyelid. Very rare location for lymphoma. The first time I did 4 sessions with Rituxan in Jun/2010 and now March/2011 the second time. The pictures show my eyes before and after and big different this medicine made. Thanks doctors and nurses for brilliant work. Itchy was my first side effect and second time no side effects at all. Highly recommended.

March 30, 2011 1:39 PM
Review by dublin1234: User Rating:

rituximab for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had 2 Rituximab Infusions for rheumatoid arthritis, the last one 2 1/2 months ago. I sailed through the infusions with no problem but 3 or 4 days later I had extreme edema and burning pain of both lower legs, muscle pain all over my body, feel like I have the flu and some loss of coordination. I was on 40 mg Lasix for another problem and my Doctor increased it to 80 mg daily along with Zaroxyl, extra Potassium 4 weeks ago, and for the first time today, my legs are normal size. I'll probably discontinue the extra diuretics when I see my Doctor tomorrow.

March 26, 2011 8:36 PM
Review by rlhatfield7: User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: Just finished my sixth round of chemo treatment. I had Follicular B Cell Lymphoma. One on my right shoulder, one on in my neck and two on my chest. After fourth round and a PET scan, Doctor diagnosed me as being in 100% remission. I will do more research on the Rituxan maintenance program recommended by my Oncologist. I had a reaction to the Rituxan my first treatment but did not have any other problems with the medicine. Highly recommended

December 4, 2010 8:44 AM
Review by peggy6537: User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had 2 infusions of Rituxan for rheumatoid arthritis. Within 4 days of the first infusion I was beginning to feel better. I am 5 days out from my second infusion and I can already move with little or no pain for the first time in over a year. For me, its been a life saver.

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 6, 2009 2:31 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Pemphigus: This medication has helped my spouse. All other medicines did not work. He has had a significant reduction of symptoms.

January 9, 2009 9:27 PM
Review by why not: User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: This is my second round with Rituxan (3 and 1/2 years ago and now). Two years ago I had Bexxar. The first infusion helped shrink the nodes and spleen but only by 1/2. The Bexxar brought them to normal size. I'm trying Rituxan again because two nodes popped up 2 and 1/2 years after the Bexxar. It is hoped that the Rituxan will operate as a maintenance to remission. If so, the two enlarged nodes will be radiated to keep growth in check.

December 11, 2008 12:49 PM
Review by Lt_Taz: User Rating:

Rituxan (rituximab) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: I thought this was a spectacular medicine, very quick acting engorged lymph nodes were reduced within about 7 days. I am now in remission and doing maintenance.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 21, 2008 3:35 PM

Got questions about Rheumatoid Arthritis? Get answers from our expert Dr. Carteron. Click Here