User Reviews for Risperdal M-Tab

Learn more about Risperdal M-Tab.

Autism 1 reviews 7 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 28 medications

5.5
Summary of Risperdal M-Tab reviews 5 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Risperdal M-Tab

For Schizoaffective Disorder "The first time I took risperidone I became extremely drowsy which made me a bit nervous but the drowsiness went away after the first three days. I also had horrendous nightmares so I switched to taking it in the morning and the nightmares went away. On the positive side my auditory and visual hallucinations completely went away immediately which enabled me to make it to therapy more frequently and sleep more often and slowly over years build up a healthy and stabilizing lifestyle. It also helped with increasing my attention and memory. I noticed some weight gain and slightly lower libido. I have taken it regularly for a couple years and weened off it. I have now been off for two and a half years with almost zero returning symptoms."

Ughughvom March 17, 2016

For Asperger Syndrome "Works well."

mrmom (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Mania and depression are basically non-existent while taking this medicine. It does make you a little sleepy, but other than that, I've experienced no serious side-effects. You may find that your sex drive goes down a notch at first while taking it. That went away after my body and mind got used to the medicine. I have better concentration and self-value on this drug. I also no longer freak out and leave busy rooms full of people. I can actually deal with social situations without people thinking that I'm a freaking lunatic. I love this drug. It's changed my life around."

Anonymous March 1, 2012

For Bipolar Disorder "This medication made my 15 year old son wet his bed on numerous occasions until I had his doctor take him off it."

Anonymous October 2, 2010

For Autism "My son is who is 8 has been on this for over 2 years now. After he started taking it his SEVERE behaviors decreased significantly. He was able to sleep through the night and stopped having CONSTANT tantrums. He still occasionally bangs his head, bite, pinch, kick and scratch himself and others but not nearly as often. The only negative things I can think of is the danger of the medication itself. But for me the benefits definitely outweigh the risks... For now anyway"

Anonymous May 2, 2010

For Depression "At one mg, it completely removed all signs of depression and the side effects and feelings of lack of control associated with the depression. Although similar to moving into a new house, it was easy to get used to it and greatly simplified daily routine for the most part. Does not help with PMS associated lack of concentration but enhances concentration overall at this low dosage and makes it easy to focus on relationship problems also, although no drug can change the other person. "

Anonymous March 1, 2010