User Reviews for Risedronate

Also known as: Actonel, Atelvia

Learn more about Risedronate.

Paget's Disease 1 reviews 14 medications

Osteoporosis 9 reviews 191 medications

4.3
Prevention of Osteoporosis 0 reviews 64 medications

Summary of Risedronate reviews 10 reviews 4.9

Reviews for Risedronate

Review by Discouraged (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: Knowing I am very reluctant to pill taking in general, my doctor pushed Actonel on me saying ''now don't give it up after a few months !" I persevered for 10 months. I used to be very active, exercising everyday, talking long walks, realizing I have aged 10 years in those ten months. I did some research on the net and understood where my problems came from. Aching everywhere, stiff, tired ... I stopped.

March 30, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by memoin:

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: Good result.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2013 3:49 AM

Review by Lynne G:

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: I took Actonel, as directed, for four months. Each time, my body ached so badly that I could barely walk and had to take time off from work. I took myself off the medication because I just couldn't function. I go back to my doctor tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be scolded.

September 3, 2013 12:09 PM

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: Had terrible vomiting and diarrhea, that took two weeks to recover from this occurred every month after the first four months! Stopped taking it and have since started to recover and regain a little weight

November 24, 2012 12:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: The first few months I experienced flu-like symptoms. Then joint and muscle pain followed. I couldn't even walk or climb stairs without pain. I am only 52! After 10 months on it I gave up.

July 21, 2012 8:27 AM

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: I took Actonel for 7 months. I'm 55 yrs young and active! One day each month after taking Actonel I had flu-like symptoms for 4 months and then it got better, however I experienced esophagus burning.

May 8, 2011 6:20 PM

Review by mikewbart:

Actonel (risedronate) for Paget's Disease: Thank GOD for this drug. Busted my leg and ankle, diagnosed PAGETS, tried myacalcin and FOSAMAX. Leg pain minimal now. I do take 30mg daily! It has been over 12 months of treatment now. I ran out once for 5 days and pain was intolerable...resumed ACTONEL and pain gone in 2 days.

November 22, 2009 2:45 PM

Review by Minn:

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: By the end of the first day I was very lethargic and had abdominal cramps and bloating, followed by diarrhea. Throughout the night and all through the second day, I experienced flu-like symptoms, relieved slightly with aspirin, but continued with abdominal tenderness and discomfort as well as very lethargic. By the third day, the muscle aches were gone, but the abdominal tenderness continued. Appetite did go down. Hopefully, there is truth to the first dose being the most difficult in regards to side effects.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2009 2:40 PM

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: First day, no symptoms. Next day a bit achy. But the next day felt bloated and nauseous. The achy flu-like symptoms were gone but for the next week, I felt sick, constipated and had no appetite.

April 23, 2009 1:51 PM

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: I was diagnosed with osteoporosis and after 6 years of taking this drug my last bone density showed no osteoporosis!

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 2, 2008 12:30 AM