User Reviews for Risedronate

Also known as: Actonel, Atelvia

Learn more about Risedronate.

Paget's Disease 1 reviews 13 medications

Osteoporosis 13 reviews 182 medications

4.5
Prevention of Osteoporosis 1 reviews 62 medications

Summary of Risedronate reviews 15 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Risedronate

Actonel (risedronate) for Prevention of Osteoporosis: "I have been taking actonel for several years and as far as I know have never had a side affect. I feel like it is helping me from all kinds of problems that most women by this age.(78) have. I have recently heard that you shouldn't take it for years, is that true?"

sharon7 May 9, 2015

Atelvia (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "I am allergic to Fosamax. My doctor gave me an Atelvia sample to try and I found I had no side effects from this medicine. I credit this to its time-release function."

snobird39 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2015

Atelvia (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "My doctor gave me samples to use while I awaited my insurance to approve. After taking the first dosage in approximately 29 hours I was in the hospital. Side effects for me were extreme bone pain, indigestion. Doctors thought I was having a heart attack. "

Katelynn Anne (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2014

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "Took this medication for 5 months. From the start I had problems tolerating the medicine. It made me nauseous. The worst side effect was the bone pain."

Momrn13 December 7, 2014

For Osteoporosis: "After taking for 7 years my bone mass has improved significantly - my bone density score is now below the threshold considered osteoporosis. I have had no noticeable side effects."

Much improved December 6, 2014

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "Knowing I am very reluctant to pill taking in general, my doctor pushed Actonel on me saying ''now don't give it up after a few months !" I persevered for 10 months. I used to be very active, exercising everyday, talking long walks, realizing I have aged 10 years in those ten months. I did some research on the net and understood where my problems came from. Aching everywhere, stiff, tired ... I stopped."

Discouraged (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2014

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "Good result."

memoin November 7, 2013

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "I took Actonel, as directed, for four months. Each time, my body ached so badly that I could barely walk and had to take time off from work. I took myself off the medication because I just couldn't function. I go back to my doctor tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be scolded."

Lynne G September 3, 2013

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "Had terrible vomiting and diarrhea, that took two weeks to recover from this occurred every month after the first four months! Stopped taking it and have since started to recover and regain a little weight"

Anonymous November 24, 2012

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "The first few months I experienced flu-like symptoms. Then joint and muscle pain followed. I couldn't even walk or climb stairs without pain. I am only 52! After 10 months on it I gave up."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2012

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "I took Actonel for 7 months. I'm 55 yrs young and active! One day each month after taking Actonel I had flu-like symptoms for 4 months and then it got better, however I experienced esophagus burning."

Anonymous May 8, 2011

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Actonel (risedronate) for Paget's Disease: "Thank GOD for this drug. Busted my leg and ankle, diagnosed PAGETS, tried myacalcin and FOSAMAX. Leg pain minimal now. I do take 30mg daily! It has been over 12 months of treatment now. I ran out once for 5 days and pain was intolerable...resumed ACTONEL and pain gone in 2 days."

mikewbart November 22, 2009

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "By the end of the first day I was very lethargic and had abdominal cramps and bloating, followed by diarrhea. Throughout the night and all through the second day, I experienced flu-like symptoms, relieved slightly with aspirin, but continued with abdominal tenderness and discomfort as well as very lethargic. By the third day, the muscle aches were gone, but the abdominal tenderness continued. Appetite did go down. Hopefully, there is truth to the first dose being the most difficult in regards to side effects."

Minn June 22, 2009

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "First day, no symptoms. Next day a bit achy. But the next day felt bloated and nauseous. The achy flu-like symptoms were gone but for the next week, I felt sick, constipated and had no appetite. "

Anonymous April 23, 2009

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Actonel (risedronate) for Osteoporosis: "I was diagnosed with osteoporosis and after 6 years of taking this drug my last bone density showed no osteoporosis!"

Anonymous May 2, 2008

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate