User Reviews for Metamucil

Learn more about Metamucil.

Reviews for Metamucil to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome

"I was told to take this 40 years ago, but didn't like the taste/texture. My pain and diarrhea got so bad I started taking 1 scant tablespoon a day and I have no more pain and only rare diarrhea. I wish I had started using it years ago."

NoMorePain/Diarrhea (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2016

"I used to suffer from frequent, repeated flareups of diarrhea and constipation. It was extremely painful when the liquid stool tried to push past the hardened stool. I finally saw a doctor and explained my problem. She said I had symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. She recommended Metamucil and I started treatment the next day. I experienced considerable relief after a week of drinking the powder mixture. I take Metamucil each and every day now and have experienced far less flareups than I did in the past. I no longer have to stay home so much or know exactly where each bathroom is when I go out. This fiber supplement has greatly improved my quality of life. I'm so grateful."

some random woman September 7, 2015

"Somewhat helped for a few months, but then my irritable bowel syndrome got worse. Even ER medicines didn't relieve my pain. I have been suffering for 2 years and haven't found a medicine that will help."

Anonymous March 9, 2012

"Metamucil works if you use it everyday. I just can't stand the taste of it."

Anonymous April 16, 2009