User Reviews for Metamucil

Learn more about Metamucil.

Reviews for Metamucil to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome

"I used to suffer from frequent, repeated flareups of diarrhea and constipation. It was extremely painful when the liquid stool tried to push past the hardened stool. I finally saw a doctor and explained my problem. She said I had symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. She recommended Metamucil and I started treatment the next day. I experienced considerable relief after a week of drinking the powder mixture. I take Metamucil each and every day now and have experienced far less flareups than I did in the past. I no longer have to stay home so much or know exactly where each bathroom is when I go out. This fiber supplement has greatly improved my quality of life. I'm so grateful."

some random woman September 7, 2015

"Somewhat helped for a few months, but then my irritable bowel syndrome got worse. Even ER medicines didn't relieve my pain. I have been suffering for 2 years and haven't found a medicine that will help."

Anonymous March 9, 2012

"Metamucil works if you use it everyday. I just can't stand the taste of it."

Anonymous April 16, 2009