User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone review summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 74 medications used in the treatment of Skin Rash.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Skin Rash

Review by Sade1960:

Meticorten (prednisone): Prednisone causes rashes for me.

January 22, 2013 8:08 PM

Review by briandw4 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have found the medication invaluable for Poison Oak rashes.

July 6, 2012 2:32 PM

I got poison Oak or Ivy not sure which one but after a steroid shot and being prescribed prednisone the rash went away in a couple weeks. At the end of the dosage I did have a pretty bad break out of acne on my chest and my back.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2011 7:43 PM

I got a terrible rash from being exposed to poison ivy. It was all over. The prednisone was a terrifically fast cure. However, I experienced terrible side effects: increased sweating, shakiness, mood swings (my poor boyfriend) and weight gain.

August 3, 2011 2:02 PM

Review by FreshScape:

I am a teenager who got poison ivy rash all over my face. Went to the doctor and got prescribed this. Took as instructed, and the next day, 85% of the rash was gone and most of the itching. Never seen medicine actually work in a few hours like this!

March 24, 2011 10:15 PM

I have been taking prednisone for about one month. I have a skin condition that it very itchy and feels like hot needles are poked into my skin. Prednisone has relieved the problem but my doctor has cut me back and the the problem is coming back. I will see a dermatologist in two weeks, again. He did nothing for me back in December except cost me $1000. I think this medicine is very good, but a person has to have the right dose and stay on it.

July 13, 2009 11:53 PM