User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia

Review by Problems with Prednisone:

Though the Prednisone is working so far for the anemia, the side effects are bad. Extreme retention of fluids, high blood pressure, moon face, little sleep, and indigestion. Now taking more pills to combat the side effects of this medicine.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2012 10:05 AM

I have been taking Prednisone for about 6 weeks - 40mg per day. I think the side effects are directly related to the dosage. I read so much about this drug and the awful side effects before taking it and was scared to death to start. It actually hasn't been as bad as what I read. The biggest issue is sleepliness at night - def have trouble sleeping but have tons of energy. A little face swelling too but not the "moon face" I read about. And its working for my Autoimmune disorder.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2010 12:44 PM

Review by lack of sleep, but have energy:

This medicine seems to be doing well. I am taking it to bring my blood count up. Instead of a blood transfusion.

March 29, 2009 2:44 AM