User Reviews for Pravastatin

Also known as: Pravachol

Learn more about Pravastatin.

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 0 reviews 14 medications

Hyperlipoproteinemia 0 reviews 43 medications

Hyperlipoproteinemia...vated LDL VLDL 0 reviews 29 medications

High Cholesterol 12 reviews 41 medications

5.9
Hyperlipoproteinemia... beta-VLDL IDL 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...Ia, Elevated LDL 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hyperlipoproteinemia...V, Elevated VLDL 0 reviews 28 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Myocardial Infarction, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 61 medications Not rated - Be the first
Revascularization Pr...res, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Pravastatin reviews 12 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Pravastatin

Review by gubby donna:

For High Cholesterol: I was on simvistatin and got leg pain. I got switched to pravistatin and am now experiencing shoulder pain and weakness. I plan to see what else I can take.

June 25, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by Graham1 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For High Cholesterol: I am experiencing severe gas and loose bowels. Everytime I eat something it seems to run right through me. Also increased urination. Stomach cramps so this is a battle lower my cholesterol or be on the toilet everytime I eat!

November 25, 2013 3:17 PM

Review by Lucy 01:

For High Cholesterol: Was on pravastatin for two weeks woke up with swelling in the face. Doctor said it was a side affect to stop taking.

October 27, 2013 8:23 AM

Review by helsy:

For High Cholesterol: Elevated my blood sugar level.

August 5, 2013 2:35 PM

Review by bogyone:

For High Cholesterol: It works just fine with no side effects.

January 15, 2012 5:20 PM

For High Cholesterol: I took this medicine for about 3 years. About 6 months ago, my dosage was increased from 20 mg to 40 mg. At first there were no problems. After a couple of months, I started having shortness of breath, chest pain, tremors, fatigue and vomiting. I went to the ER with chest pains and shortness of breath. They could find nothing wrong with my heart. I was sent to a cardiologist to have Holter monitoring, echocardiagram and stress test. Nothing. Had a pulmonary function test. Nothing. The pravastatin brought my cholesterol down to 177, so my doctor took me off of it to see if it made any difference with all my health problems. It did. Within 3 days I was starting to feel better. Within a week I was back to my old self again.

183 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2011 9:39 PM

For High Cholesterol: I immediately experienced muscle pain and chest tightness (the heart is a muscle). I also ended up in the ER after feeling faint with left foot numbness. The medication did, however, significantly lower my cholesterol. I have since discontinued the medicine on my own.

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2011 8:30 PM

For High Cholesterol: Was unable to take Lipitor because of aches and pains it produced but I can take pravastatin okay.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2011 7:53 AM

Pravachol (pravastatin) for High Cholesterol: Within 2 weeks of being on 40mg of Pravachol, I began noticing muscle weakness in my shoulders, wrist and knees. I later discovered that these are possible side effects of this medication. I noticed remarkable improvements after stopping the medication.

188 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 10, 2011 7:01 PM

Pravachol (pravastatin) for High Cholesterol: Medicine was fine at 20mg dose. When my Doctor increased dose to 40mg, I started having increased muscle stiffness, especially in the morning.

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2010 2:39 PM

Pravachol (pravastatin) for High Cholesterol: It has done the job in lowering my cholesterol within 3 months.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2010 2:30 PM

Pravachol (pravastatin) for High Cholesterol: It lowered my cholesterol without any side effects.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2010 9:19 AM