User Reviews for Phenytoin

Also known as: Di-Phen, Dilantin, Phenytek, Phenytoin Sodium, Phenytoin Sodium, Extended Release, Phenytoin Sodium, Prompt

Learn more about Phenytoin.

Reviews for Phenytoin to treat Peripheral Neuropathy

Review by Rogr:

Dilantin (phenytoin): I was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 8 years old, I was put on Dilantin. When I was 65, my neurologist changed my meds 3 or 4 times and I am now on Keppra twice a day with phenobarbatol at night. I haven't had a problem in 6 years, but I developed neuropathy which is a real pain. It makes me have balance problems.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 18, 2013 12:46 AM

Review by Michelle, 26 female:

Dilantin (phenytoin): I am a 26 year old female who has neuropathy throughout her entire body (happened following surgery likely due to anesthesia, awful!). I have bad reactions to seizure medicines, this one being the worst- along with Trileptal. This made me a complete lunatic. I was anti social, scared to be around anyone but my mother, had a migraine for 3 days while taking, was angry- an absolute monster. If you are a female and younger in age, I would suggest trying this medication with a good support system (mother or significant other) who can be with you at all times just in case you react like I did.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate