User Reviews for Qsymia

Learn more about Qsymia.

Qsymia Review Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Weight Loss

"I started taking Qsymia in the end of November. It's now nearing the end of May and I've lost just shy of 40 lbs. I've been watching my diet and also incorporating moderate amounts of exercise. I have hypothyroidism and was unable to lose weight using any other method alone. This medication has been a life saver! I no longer have to take blood pressure meds and will likely be stepping down the dosage of my thyroid meds soon due to lower body weight. I still want to lose another 30-40 lbs. to be at a healthy weight. My rate of weight loss has been steady...not too slow but not too rapid, either. I can't say enough about it."

Becky R. May 25, 2015

"This medication so far has been working quite well for me. I just finished my first 2 week dose today and I am down 16 pounds. The first week felt like I was starving with the diet the nutritionist had put me on , but into the second week that faded away and I was satisfied with my smaller portions. I had less interest in food and felt fuller faster. Tomorrow I will begin the the next dose up of the medication and I am looking forward to seeing how much weigh loss is in store for me. I was told by the doctor today that the medicine is designed to help you lose 5 percent of your total weight loss. So my next visit with her she expects another 10 pounds which will put me at 26 pounds in 6 weeks that is more than what she originally expected"

OR Chick May 21, 2015

"I have been on Qsymia for 2 weeks and my weight is exactly the same. I am a 50 yr old woman in menopause. I have also been on a high protein diet and walking 10,000 steps a day. I don't know if I should spend the money for the next step or not since I have seen no results thus far. The only difference I can tell is that soda tastes flat."

GrannyW May 11, 2015

"First two week in the lowest those, great! Four pounds in a week no sides effect. Ten days in the 7.5 dosage and have lost 12 pounds, no interest in food. Very dry mouth (use Biotene or something similar). I hope to continue loosing weight until reaching my goal! Side effects are tolerable."

Desperate for loosing weight! (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2015

"Started Qsymia 2 weeks ago today..love it..down 9lbs just on the 2 week free trial. I have no taste at all for sodas ( and I would drink at least 4 can drinks a day) my food intake has decrease in half. I don't feel hungry. My energy has increased. Only side effect is insomnia- hoping that will wear down in a few days. My cost with coupon $114 and insurance will not help pay but well worth the cost! Would recommend to anyone to try at least for free for 2 week free trial. Love it!!"

happyinnc (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

"My experience with Qysmia has been okay. Thankfully, no side effects except sometimes tingling in my hands and feet. I started at 225 in November 2014 and now six months later, I am 204. I thought I would have lost a lot more faster like everyone else but I haven't. My appetite is definitely less than it used to be but I do still treat myself to chocolate. Gave up potato chips and french fries!! Although, I'm not exercising as much as I should. My BMI went from 38 to 35. I think it's good to take it off slowly anyway. 3/4 lb. to 1 lb. a week is fine for me. My goal is 140. It may take me over a year to get there, but slow and steady wins the race!!"

Anne87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

"I started Qsymia on Saturday, April 25th. I felt fine the first couple days but the last two days I've got a weird feeling in my head and I feel a bit full, like I've eaten too much but I haven't, leg cramps, slight tingling in my feet and itching in my hands (none of which are pleasant). It doesn't make me not want eat entirely but it definitely helps me make better choices. I've had a touch of insomnia and some weird dreams and the weird feeling in my head kind of makes me want to give up but I hopped on the scale before I started typing this and I've also lost 4 lbs so far (I'm 41 years old, 5'4" and started at 206) I'm going to call my doc tomorrow to be on the safe side. It appears to work but I'm not sure I can continue on like this."

blanonymous12 April 28, 2015

"I realize I'm only in this for 3 days now but, oh gosh, the first day I took the medicine I ate an entire Mexican feast, the second day, did a little better only ate one meal, the third day, I'm sitting here eating a little debbie oatmeal pie. I pray the next level after the 2 week trial, is more effective. I refuse to pay 223 dollars for something that may or may not work."

carrie v April 26, 2015

"I started taking the medication five months ago at a starting weight of about 325 and have lost a little over 70 pounds since then. Only significant side effects have been dry mouth and increased thirst which I count as beneficial because they have caused me to significantly increase my water intake. Weight loss was very rapid at first (probably water weight) and then leveled off to 2-3.5 pounds per week. Qsymia definitely helps control hunger, but it does not eliminate your ability to eat a lot if you chose to. It just gives you the choice. So you have to do your part by making diet changes (limiting portion sizes, eliminating sodas, limiting sweets and fast foods, etc.) and exercising to the extent you are able to get results."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

"At 220 pounds and 5' 0" I was out of control with my eating. My BMI was 43. I had to do something. I tried every over the counter diet pill there was. Finally my Dr prescribed Qsymia. I have been on it since August 2014 and have lost 89 pounds. My goal is to lose a total of 110 pounds. Dry mouth and constipation are the worst side effects, but I can deal with those. I have gone from a size 22 pants to a size 12....bust size has gone from 40DD to 36C. I now know how to eat and what not to eat to keep the weight off. I will continue on Qsymia until August. 21 more pounds to go to reach my goal of 110!"

Nana1960 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been using the product for 2 1/2 months I weighed 267 and now I weigh 242 losing a total of 25 lbs so far. This product helped to lower my blood pressure and give me a boost. Some side affects were insomnia the first week but that went away and dry mouth. My doctor advised me reduce my calorie intake to 1200 ( don't stay consistently below or your hair will fall out) and exercise 5 days a week ... I hope to lose at least 67lbs total"

Anonymous April 16, 2015

"49 YO Male. Starting weight 280 lbs on Jan 6 2015. Current weight 244 on April 6 2015. Goal weight = 170. Weight loss = 36 lbs in 3 months. Experience - entirely positive and successful. Have not been under 250 in 9 years, despite diet and exercise with many periods of not trying. First two weeks on half dose were most intense for side effects - dry mouth, light-headedness, unusual thoughts and dreams. All passed quickly when I normalized on standard 7.5 mg doze after 2 weeks. What has remained is a decreased appetite, no more unconscious or binge eating, and ability to just eat the foods I want to eat - healthy green veg and protein. Exercise 6 days/week. Friends will notice the difference at 30 lbs so hang in there."

qwispy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2015

"I started Qsymia in mid-December at 309 pounds and have lost a total of 30 pounds so far. I am now on the 7.5 mg dosage and it's working great! Personally, I've never experienced any of the side effects that some have, other than maybe a slight headache the first day or two when first starting the medication, and again when upping the dose. It's been a life-changer for me! On Qsymia, I can eat normally. I no longer have the cravings in between meals and especially for sweets. I can actually pass up cake and donuts! It's true that you'll no longer like the taste of soda - diet or regular. I drink only water now, with an occasional tea. I count my calories and eat normal meals. I just stop eating now when I'm full."

ukfan__ March 31, 2015

"Qsymia has definitely worked for me. I started in December 2014, at 255 lbs and about 5'11". It is now the end of March and I weigh close to 200 lbs. the medication has really helped curb my appetite and reduce the appeal of food. I maintain 1500-1800cal/d diet, exercising when I can. Some days I'm over my count, but for the most part I'm in target. I know that Qsymia made the difference in my success. I didn't really have any significant side effects."

JaSonPGH (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2015

"I started qsymia Dec 31 2015 with my two week trial then went to 7.5 dose for 2 months. Last week I stopped taking it. I weighed in at 186 in December and as of right now, march 2015 I'm at 161. I feel it's extremely important that you learn how to eat the right way while taking this, because when you stop taking it, you will gain the weight back if you don't continue to watch what u eat. I have about 13 lbs to go to be at my goal which I probably could have stayed on qsymia for another month but the tiredness I got while taking this was a big deciding factor for me. The only side effects i got were the dry mouth, occasional tingling in my fingers and the tiredness, no energy feeling. Diet pop was awful tasting too,but did curb my appetite."

Sports mom March 18, 2015

"I started in Nov of 2014 @ 185 lbs and am a 46 yo F, 5'5". I have been an avid exerciser for about 12 yrs now so that wasn't a problem for me. I found the qsymia most helpful in the area of energy. Ever since turning 40 I have struggled with energy and have found that a daily nap was necessary. I no longer need naps as a daily routine. I also get full much faster. I wasn't given a diet program by my doc but I have stuck to approx 1200 cals a day, no processed foods or white sugar and do allow myself one cheat meal, incl wine once/wk on a date night w/my husband and have since week one. I have lost 33lbs and 43 inches! I've found that the weight just keeps dropping ea week! This works!!"

ShelLeeBee March 10, 2015

"I started Qsymia on the 24th of February 2015, I'm 5"2 and was weighing 192. I weighed myself Thursday March 5th and lost 10lbs. The only side effect I get is dry mouth so I drink lots of water. I totally cut carbs, sugars, and soda. I'm excited to start the 7.5 mg tomorrow I will keep you posted. I was at borderline for diabetes and sure don't want to be diabetic. I'm total loving this medication."

Laiza lee March 8, 2015

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have just stopped taking Qsymia after being on it for 15 months. I have lost 71 pounds and I am wearing a size 10 jeans! I never thought I would see that day again after five kids. I had very few side effects like dry mouth and some toe tingles and occasional numbness in my fingers and toes that would come and go. Those were mostly in the beginning of taking it. I would recommend this medication for weight loss! Now I am eating small portions because my stomach has shrunk and able to exercise three to four times a week and I plan to continue all of these things. This is the only weight loss drug I have ever taken, but I am sure glad I did after struggling for five years with no success on my own."

s.e.b. March 3, 2015

"I have been using this medication for 1 month and have lost 15 lbs. I have been very fortunate and the only side effect I have experienced is a bit of a dry mouth. That has not been bothersome it has only encouraged me to drink more water. I have continued exercising 4-5 days/week. What has been a real blessing is I have not been obsessed with food and I cannot recall a time when food was a main focus of my thoughts."

BeckyIrons (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2015

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am losing quite a bit of weight 65 pounds, but I do not want to lose my hair in the process of it. It is really falling out and I don't know what to do. I went to a dermatologist and after a few treatments and a biopsy she told me there was nothing she could do."

Dee6459 January 10, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started Qysmia in October 2014 with the free two week starter pack lowest dosage and then moved to the next dosage level . It Immeadiately began to work. I did experience dry mouth, a very slight tingle in my fingers and confused thinking for the first month. Those side effects where all temporary and did pass. As for my appetite it has changed considerably. It is under control, I eat what I decide to eat! Im not hungry, not thinking about food & not overeating. I am 53, had not been excercising and have lost 14lbs in 2 1/2 months. However I am starting my excercise program today because I do want the full benefit of both the weight loss and to be in good physical health. My goal is to reach 127lbs by May of this year, good luck to all!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2015

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started at 199lbs. (Barely at the 30 BMI required to take this medication) After 3 months, I'm down to 175 and still going strong. For my height, I should weigh around 160. I've had problems with weight loss since I hit my 40s plus it's hard for me to workout at times due to arthritis. This medication isn't a cure all but it does help when you are ready for a life change. My insurance does not pay for this yet even with a prior authorization but I'm willing to pay the monthly price."

Kobe's mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Well I took my first pill this morning 12/13/2014 from the 2 week free trial package. Will keep you posted. Am supposed to eat a vegetarian diet and walk 45 minutes to an hour 5 to 6 days a week. No alcohol (I don't drink so no problem there) but not sure how difficult the vegetarian diet will be. No meat at all including fish."

ckhallmark2000 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2014

"My weight in April was 279lbs I've have lost 85 pounds so far. Still losing weight about 2 pounds a week, this weight loss is done without any exercise whatsoever thanks to taking Qysmia."

f.tatum December 12, 2014

180 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started on the lower dose on 11/4/14. My starting weight was 301. 2 weeks later I went up a dose. On 12/4/14 my weight was 261 and I am still on the 7.5mg dosage. My doctor was so shocked when she saw me. She said the average person loses 1-2lbs a week and I've managed to lose about 10lbs a week. I also told her I cut out carbs and sugars. I no longer look at food as if I have to have it. I now look at food as a necessary nutrient my body needs to live. It is the best decision I've ever made."

Girlonamisson (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2014

229 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next