User Reviews for Qsymia

Learn more about Qsymia.

Qsymia review summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 53 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Weight Loss

Review by Dee6459:

I am losing quite a bit of weight 65 pounds, but I do not want to lose my hair in the process of it. It is really falling out and I don't know what to do. I went to a dermatologist and after a few treatments and a biopsy she told me there was nothing she could do.

January 10, 2015 12:56 AM

Review by ckhallmark2000 (taken for less than 1 month):

Well I took my first pill this morning 12/13/2014 from the 2 week free trial package. Will keep you posted. Am supposed to eat a vegetarian diet and walk 45 minutes to an hour 5 to 6 days a week. No alcohol (I don't drink so no problem there) but not sure how difficult the vegetarian diet will be. No meat at all including fish.

December 13, 2014 8:57 AM

Review by f.tatum:

My weight in April was 279lbs I've have lost 85 pounds so far. Still losing weight about 2 pounds a week, this weight loss is done without any exercise whatsoever thanks to taking Qysmia.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 8:14 AM

Review by Girlonamisson (taken for less than 1 month):

I started on the lower dose on 11/4/14. My starting weight was 301. 2 weeks later I went up a dose. On 12/4/14 my weight was 261 and I am still on the 7.5mg dosage. My doctor was so shocked when she saw me. She said the average person loses 1-2lbs a week and I've managed to lose about 10lbs a week. I also told her I cut out carbs and sugars. I no longer look at food as if I have to have it. I now look at food as a necessary nutrient my body needs to live. It is the best decision I've ever made.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 8:59 PM

Review by missbee:

I started taking Qsymia one year ago in October and I have lost a total of 80 lbs. (29 lbs. to goal). I'm a 28 year old female, 5'6 with a starting weight of 269 lbs. I suffer from polycystic ovarian syndrome so weight loss has been a difficult journey for me and my doctor and I decided to try this medication. I have to say that I am thrilled with the results. This allows me to stick to a strict 1500 calorie a day meal plan (set by my doctor for my specific needs). I also workout for 30-45 minutes a day for 4 to 5 days a week. I add that, to say that you do have to put in some work in order to get the best benefits from this medicine. I haven't experienced any negative side effects. I see my doctor for monthly weigh-ins and vital checks just to make sure.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 4:28 AM

Review by KD32 (taken for less than 1 month):

I've been on it for 11 days so far and I've lost 22lbs. I started out at 301lbs and now I'm 279lbs. That's just with the free starter dose. I completely cut out carbs, sweets and soda. I went for a weigh in today and my doctor almost didn't recognize me. Most people lose an average of 5-7lbs their first 2 weeks but my 2 weeks isn't up until Monday. I haven't exercised at all due to my 10-15 hour work days. I told my doctor I think I lost it this fast because I have no desire to eat. All I do is drink water. I try and force myself to eat but all I get in is a few bites of a protein bar all day. I have severe dry mouth. I'm going to try the next strength up next week and see how that goes. My goal is 199lbs.

November 14, 2014 11:35 PM

Review by Lakegirlfromfl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lost 20 lbs in three months side effects were tingling feet, insomnia , irritability and metallic taste of soda. Side effects were worth the weight loss that I was unable to lose otherwise . I am mid sixties and thirty lbs overweight . My doctor gave me another three month prescription and I hope to reach my goal. I have more energy and am exercising for the first time in 15 years. It is expensive, but worth it.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2014 10:11 PM

Review by Tired Momma (taken for less than 1 month):

I began taking Qsymia about 3 weeks ago and I am down a little over 10lbs already which is awesome! I am 5'5'' and weighed 184 when I began taking it. Had my 3rd child about a year ago, and needed some help losing the weight this time. Diet soda definitely tastes flat and gross now, and I used to love it. I have also noticed that I seem to space out, and forget things a lot more than I used to. I do work full time and have an infant that doesn't sleep well to take care of, but I (and my husband) definitely notice a change since I've been on it. I also get the dry mouth, but usually only notice it in the mornings when I wake up since I make sure to drink plenty of fluids during the day. Really not hungry at all - love it!!

November 5, 2014 8:02 AM

Review by Pigmom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am 62 years old and I have been taking Qsymia for 2 months and have lost 22 pounds. Qsymia does require me to drink alot of water and has controlled alot of my "sugar" eating. I was a Diet Dr. Pepper addict and cannot stand the taste of one now. Water has totally replaced all diet drinks. I was very hesitant to start this medication for fear of side effects, but have not had any issues other than dry mouth. Because of some orthopedic issues, I am not able to participate in physical exercise--my weight is still dropping. I have also seen a definite drop in my blood pressure with this medication; therefore, requiring changes in my blood pressure medication. I hope to continue on this medication for two or three more months.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Libra_ladee81:

I was prescribed Qsymia back in January but did not start taking it until 3/23/14 starting weight 292 I am now down to 228. I have never felt better my A1C was 6.6 in January in July it was 5.6 hoping when I go on November to be completely rid of this diabetes nonsense. I feel fantastic. I had minor side effects tingly toes and dry mouth but that went away after the first week. Hoping my doctor will keep me on until my goal weight of 180/190. Since she said I could be on it for a year. I only pay 10 dollars for 30 pills which is great but with my old insurance it was 80 that is why I took so long to start it.

October 15, 2014 8:31 PM

Review by Just starting (taken for less than 1 month):

Just wanted to let everyone know that many insurance companies are starting to cover qsymia (if you have insurance)with prior authorization from your physician. My copay is only $15

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2014 6:11 PM

Review by YaSiWei:

I'm 5'7 and 6 weeks ago I weighed 210 lbs. I started at the low dose for two weeks and lost 8lbs, and at the middle dose I lost 17lbs more. I've had minimal side-effects: toe and finger numbness that lasts for a few minutes and some dry mouth. Certainly nothing that I would consider stopping for. I love this pill. I have no interest in food and am so rarely hungry. It is pricey- please go to their website and get the first two weeks free and $100 off every month after that. It is worth it, I think I'm saving that in food costs.

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 1:46 PM

Review by RLA1956 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Update: Started with the low dose on 7/14/14 for two weeks and moved to the higher does thereafter. Have been on Qsymia since that time and it is now 9/9/14 and I have lost 21 lbs. 57 year old woman, 5' 6". Doing well and want to keep going. Hoping to lose 50 lbs. by the end of the year.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Texansgirl:

UPDATE: 9/09/2014....It's been 8 weeks since I started Qsymia July 13, 2014, I've lost 13 pounds. I started at 241 and now weigh 228! I honestly have to say I have never weighed past 230 since I had my third son who's 13 years old! I'm happy to say the scale does not go up as it would when I've tried everything else! I love Qsymia and hope I can convince my Dr. to continue to prescribe this pill till I reach my goal weight! I am so happy! I will scream when I get to 225 or 220! My goal weight is 175. Just in time for the holidays!! I feel great and lighter! Drinking plenty of water, coconut water and walking! Will continue to keep you all posted.

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by LooMi$ (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I started taking Qsymia in November 2012. I tipped the beams at 264lbs, by July I was down to 199lbs and had a heart attack! Don't be alarmed, the doctors all said it was nothing to do with the medication. It was a blockage due to all the crap I had ingested over the years. I'm still currently taking Qsymia still at 200 lbs. I'm not exercising like I was and I can eat anything I like in moderation. I feel great, dropped 4 pant sizes and 2 shirt sizes. With no side effects after the first couple weeks. So does it work??? YES... But it's expensive!

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by sheisfierce83:

I have only taken the 14 day supply, two pills left and I have lost a total of 12lbs so far. This is without exercise but I do plan on incorporating this now that the lightheadness is gone. I drink plenty of water with this pill I started this on Aug the 25th so I say they work for me. So imagine when I work out wow.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 8:19 AM

Review by Nycchik23 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Over the years I have gained a good amount of weight and it seems no matter what diet I tried after 2 weeks I found myself cheating and felt like a failure. I was always in good physical shape but in my 30's that changed. My dr suggested Qsymia to me and put me on it in June. Since then I have successfully lost 29 pounds. I exercise, I eat what I want but the portions are controlled and I only treat myself to a sliver of cake or sweets once a week. I exercise 3 times a week. I have had no side effects except once in awhile a dry mouth. I give Qsymia a thumbs up-- it has given me back my confidence and has allowed me to learn to control my eating.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2014 10:49 AM

Review by gettingslim (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Update: Went to the doctor on 08/02/2014, down 32 pound. I really love these pills. Really no side effects. A little numbness in the fingers but go away quickly. Will continue to take until I reach my weight lost goal of 50 pounds.

August 20, 2014 4:14 PM

Review by AmyHS1978:

I've been on the medicine for 3 weeks and lost 8 pounds. I would love to continue. However, possible side effects of this medication are depression, mental confusion, suicidal thoughts, etc. I have struggled in the past with depression. This medicine has has ignited a fire in my brain. I am at the point where I seriously think I'm going crazy. I urge you to disclose fully to your doctor if you suffer from chronic depression and urge you to reconsider taking this medicine. I begged my husband to commit me yesterday, that was my mental state. I'm seeing my doctor Monday to figure out a different course of action now.

August 16, 2014 6:30 PM

Review by vvnj82 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have only been using Qsymia for one week but dropped 3.6 lbs so far. It's really working. Usually I drop 3 pounds a month so this is really amazing for me. Not too many side effects but you have to drink water and limit your calories and exercise.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by Dch33 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Started out great on the lowest dosage. I lost 20 pounds in the first 6 weeks. Moved up to the next dosage and did not lose a pound. Still no side effects so they moved me up to the highest dosage. The first 2 days were great and then I thought I was going to die! The chest pains were horrific! I couldn't chance the way I felt and it got me really thinking as to what I was putting in my body! I stopped taking it!

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2014 10:41 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm 28 5'8" Went to the doctor 6/27/14 I was weighing 240 lbs. Doctor prescribed me Qsymia to help me lose weight. I started off on the free 2 weeks supply had to go back to my doctor 7/3/14 for other reason not concerning Qsymia I was weighing 235 lbs. had lost 5 lbs within a week without exercising or dieting, just no drinking drinks (sodas) I drink lemon water or eating sweets I don't have any side effects I feel like myself. My goal is to get back to weighing 155lbs or maybe about 165lbs. I do plan on going forward with Qsymia because of the little result I had within a week. Qsymia is definitely 1 of the BEST diet pills I have tried.

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Review by mzpooh:

I have used Qysmia since January along with a low carb diet, and as of today I have lost 44 pounds. The medicines assist with keeping me from being hungry, and craving foods that I would generally binge on like sweets. I really am pleased with this medication. The only side effects I have incurred are some constipation, which I always had issues with. I use Miralax to aid with that. I only have a few more pounds to lose to reach my goal, but the medicine has really been a help.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by gettingslim (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I wanted to give an update on my progress with Qsymia. I started on 02/18/2014. As of today I have losted 25 pounds. I do light exercise 3-4 times a week (about 20 to 30 mins). I love these pills and will continue until I have reached my goal. I go to the doctor on 08/02/2014. I will come back with another updated then. In the beginning my insurance did not pay, but now they do and I only have to pay a copay of $40.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2014 10:18 AM

Review by girljb (taken for less than 1 month):

I was on the 2 wk trial, on the 9th day I started having insomnia, my doctor decided to keep me on the 3.75 for another 2 wks to see if it went away but has not, I only get 3-4 hours sleep a night and I take it around 8am. I feel the medication really helps with weight loss, I have lost 5 lbs in 17 days, but am getting too exhausted to keep taking it. I will try Belviq.

June 24, 2014 1:53 PM