User Reviews for Qsymia

Learn more about Qsymia.

Qsymia Review Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Weight Loss

"So far, my experience has been so so. Let me explain myself. I am 17 years old (almost 18, don't worry), my starting weight was 219, and I have PCOS, Hashimoto's, and I think I even have something else, I just can't think of it at the time. I have literally tried EVERYTHING to lose weight. Everything. But nothing would help. This year I have at least stayed within the same 10 pounds which I have heard is normal. My doctor put me on the two week low dosage of this medicine and it didn't do anything for me. No side effects, nothing. The first week on the highest dosage I didn't have anything either. Now I am ending my second week on the highest dosage and I am losing about .5-.8 pound a day! Hopefully these results continue :)"

happy 17 year old :) (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2015

"I have been on Qysmia 5 months, and I have gone from 198 to 173. My high blood pressure is under control. Side effects I have experienced is tiredness but that's about it. With any medication that I controlling so much of what we need to survive there will be some side effects, So if you are eating the foods you need to help with these side effects (healthier options) it is great. I will continue on this medication for another 3 months and decide what to do then I recommend this medication"

CeeFlem August 21, 2015

"I started taking Qsymia at the end of June 2015. I received a card from my family Doctor giving me 3.5 months for FREE. I have done great on the first 14 days and the next 30 days of 7.25/46mg. Loosing a total of 23 pounds. However when I tried to get the next prescription I was told by my pharmacist that I would have to pay an outrageous amount and receive just the $75.00 coupon off. I am extremely disappointed in this company. They offered the free prescription and now refuses to allow you to receive them. I followed everything asked of myself. I know of another collage this has happened too. Same situation. The pills worked for me. No side effects at all. But if you receive a coupon/ free card from your Doctor beware!!!! It is expensive!"

Pbeins August 19, 2015

"Just finished my first week lost 7 pounds no side efffects so far should I go to the higher dosage? Need to loss another 20 or so"

JSR1999 August 19, 2015

"you will lose more hair than weight on this medication and your eyesight as well. I took it for 20 days and was losing a lot of hair. not worth being skinny and bald. I would take a week off and take it again for 2-3 days on the weekend and each time noticed the amount of hair I was losing. I'd rather keep my hair."

AmyAnne August 19, 2015

"Do not waste your money or further your health side effects on this drug it does not work. Makes you very exhausted and tired, I had Numbness/tingling in the hands, arms, feet, twitching in my eyes; dizziness; trouble sleeping, dry mouth, confusion cloudiness and extensive heartburn."

Disappointed Hopeful August 13, 2015

"Started taking this when I found out I inherited my Dad's crazy cholesterol issues. I was only mildly overweight at 5'7" and 170lbs. In the past 6 months I've dropped down to 140lbs without changing anything. Stayed on the lowest dose. Only side effect is tingling in hands now and then. Cholesterol issues are now gone and I get non stop questions about this medication. I can't say anything bad about it. If you don't have a secondary condition where you insurance will help pay for it, it is quite pricey however."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2015

"So far i am really liking this medication. i am only on the second refill of Q and i have already lost 16 lbs. the only real side effects i am having are tingling of the hands and feet from time to time and if i happen to wake up at night i have a harder time falling asleep. thats never been problem before. ive always been great with sleep. i love that im not always hungry and needing to eat. i get full so quick and hardly eat."

missSD August 11, 2015

"I have been on Qsymia for about 2 weeks on the low dose 3.75. I was a little nervous about taking this after reading the reviews but so far I haven't had very many side effects. Just had problems sleeping a little other than that everything was fine. I'm not sure if I lost anything I haven't weighed myself yet. I start my higher dosage tomorrow and will update everyone next week."

DETERMINED75 August 11, 2015

"In 5 months, I gained 25lb. And my weight lost control. I had to stop taking this."

placidworld August 11, 2015

"Lost 20 pounds on 2nd month now going to 7.5 mg on 3rd month"

Terry325 August 7, 2015

"This was my first attempt at a prescription for weight loss and I took this from 9/13-3/14. I lost weight and my appetite, somedays forgetting to eat at all. This medicine had a big effect on me that I didn't comprehend while I was on it. I held a high level position and drove multi-states for work. Q made it increasingly tough to focus and effected my eyesight and caused some hair loss over time. I couldn't sleep and in addition to not being able to focus, I was exhausted....Wired AND Tired everyday! These things got worse over time. I had dull, almost puffy pain around my eyes everyday, all day long, and my hands and feet were freezing even in hot weather. I was so off-kilter on this...although I lost weight, I felt increasingly awful."

MissIllinois August 6, 2015

"Male age 65. Starting weight 255 lbs. Now 211 lbs. Before taking Qsymia I was and continue to take other drugs including 1) BP Lowering 2) Cholesterol Lowering Statin 3) Paxil for Anxiety Before taking Qsymia I was and continue to eat Jenny Craig which ships their food to my door. I have lost weight before but always returned to the weight prior. I have been on Qsymia about a year and a half. This drug definitely works! Although my doctor urges me to exercise, I do not. For the first few months I experienced dry mouth but that has gone away. I did get down to 200 lbs but have been slowly increasing. I think the effect of the drug might have worn away a bit as I still like a high calorie snack at night. After $75 rebate cost is $131/mo"

Hansende August 6, 2015

"I have been wanting to share my experience since I have been reading the reviews on here for weeks. I have been on Qsymia 3.75 for 2.5 weeks. My first week I lost 12 pounds and my second week I lost 8 pounds totaling 20 pounds. I weigh myself on Sundays. I had one side effect that I really thought was going to get the best of me and that was the feeling that I was going to black out. I eat something every two hours and due to working graveyards and being in school I have not had a chance to workout as of yet, but I think about it every day. I will follow up in 2-3 weeks."

Iluvme2 August 5, 2015

"I lost 80 pounds in 6 months. I lost a little hair but it stopped when I stopped taking it. I also had shakiness in my hands and sweets tasted crazy sour, but apart from that I was good."

KerryGray August 4, 2015

"7/26/15, first day of taking Qysma. So far just can't eat."

Charlene Rae July 26, 2015

"A word of caution to anyone with a history of depression or anxiety. I experienced some really scary side effects in the three weeks I tried Qsymia, including suicidal thoughts. I have a history of mild anxiety and depression and I experienced very severe symptoms while on the drug including panic attacks, restlessness, trouble sleeping and extreme sadness. I'm tapering off the med now. I have a BMI of 35 and a history of PCOS which is why my doctor prescribed it, but she should not have given me this with my history of depression without a more serious warning of the potentially scary side effects. Good luck to all of you who are trying and who it's working for."

tmk2380 July 23, 2015

"I'm 26 years old 5'3. Year in a half a ago I quit taking Vyvanse I didn't like the way it made me feel and since then I have gained about 80 pounds in the past year. I began at 199 6/25/15 now I weigh 194.4 7/13/15 so it's only been about 2.5 weeks and I've lost about 5 pounds. I hope to see good results with this medication because it has been very difficult for me to look in the mirror and know I let this happen. Especiqlly since I've been fit for most of my life. Beer, coke and Pepsi taste awful, wine still tastes good. I've had minimal side effects, tingly hands, feet, nervousness. But not very often. I hope this helps."

heading to the beach (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2015

"Me: 43, 3 small kids, major PCOS, binge-eating disorder (BED), 2010 lap band (weight loss minimal). Doc suggested trying this before Metformin (for PCOS) because Met can sometimes make you gain weight. The Topirimate in it is also effective for BED, so, a twofer I guess. I started around 275 May25th (initial dosing). Today I am below 247 lb. Dry mouth but I drink a ton of water, so it's fine now. Rarely hungry. Honestly, I feel great...I open up the pantry to look and then turn away...I only crave protein and coffee. Never was a fan of pop though, so not a problem there. After $75 per month coupon I pay about $115 OOP. My PCOS has also been gotten better in just the one month."

PCOSMama (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

"I started in February weighing 348 lbs Today I am down to 291 and feel I have struggled for last 6 weeks. Starting the 11.25 Dose today I am going to refocus on my eating and exercise and see how quick I can get rid of the next 50 lbs"

gaurdgoose July 1, 2015

"Started on 11/14/14, at 227.8 lbs at 5'6" tall - 8 months later I have lost 51 lbs, am now 176.8 lbs. I have gone from a size 16 to a 10-12 depending on the brand. Side effects are dry mouth (solved by drinking a ton of water) and tingling in feet, which I notice more as it becomes time to take the next dose in the morning. Qsymia definitely curbed the snacking, the over eating, etc. Changed the way I eat, increased fresh vegetables, cut carbs (no bread, limited starch, etc.) and stopped eating processed foods. Began to cook dinner more, to control the butter, oil, cooking method rather than relying on the quick fix of takeout. This has made a HUGE difference. Increased activity as well. I can see my curves again. 20 lbs. to go!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 29, 2015

"Hello to all, I started Qsymia one week ago on the low dose weighing in at 181. I am a 24 year old mother of 2 and I am 5'2. As of today I am 173.2 :D. I am drinking a gallon or more of water a day with a low calorie diet and I have being going to Zumba for the past 5 days. My only side effect has been having a dry mouth but I do not mind as I maintain hydrated. I started my higher dosage today and will keep you guys posted. I am happy I can share my experience with people who understand where I am coming from."

Lizo23 June 26, 2015

"When I initially starting taking the med I lost 7lbs in 9 days. My hopes were high for this medicine. But then...my milligram number was bumped up and that's when all hell broke loose. I had multiple panic attacks while driving. My memory was shot. I couldn't concentrate or even form a decent thought. Please weigh all options before starting this medication."

Porterhouse June 25, 2015

"This is an update to my April 2015 start. I am now reviewing under weight loss, because I am truly on my way...In my 2nd week of the 2nd strength and I am down 15lbs. Could not be happier. My clothes are fitting like I remember them. Only side affect which is very mild is tingling in hands and seldom my feet. Doctor is monitoring my BP which was almost under control with only 1/2 a low dose Lisinopril before taking Qysmia. Will most likely be off that soon also. So thrilled to be seeing these results. If you are on the fence about trying this, get to your doctor and see if it could work for you."

Janice Van (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2015

"Took the 2 week trial at the end of May and experienced some side effects. I was severely tired, had some tingling in my hands and feet, dry mouth, and pop tasted really flat (which I guess is a good thing since I no longer wanted it) and some trouble sleeping. I added in some exercise and started a low calorie diet. I lost about 7lbs in those two weeks. I wasn't able to go directly on to the 7.5 dosage because of come complications with my pharmacy. I was off the medication for for about a week & gained my energy back & slept better. I've been back on the medication for 2 days now & have started experiencing the side effects again. Unless my results are drastically great during my 30 day rx, I don't think I can handle the side effects."

JB12345 June 12, 2015