User Reviews for Qsymia

Learn more about Qsymia.

Qsymia review summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Weight Loss

Review by Cafabela (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Update: I have been on Qsymia for about six weeks and have lost twenty pounds. I feel pretty good and am getting into some really good eating habits while taking this medication. The only side effect I have had is constipation and it is pretty much under control. Feel great!

April 16, 2014 2:54 PM
Review by MindyCH (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Update - Today I am 3 weeks 1 day since starting Qsymia and have lost 7.5 lbs. I think that's a good, steady loss. No significant side effects except for constipation which I'm dealing with using Miralax and occasional Senna tablets, and sometimes some light headedness/dizziness.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2014 8:54 AM
Review by Qysmia Girl (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I practically had to beg my local physician to put me on this medication. Oddly enough, he had never heard of it and had never prescribed it. I was 160 pounds, 5'5", with high blood pressure. The high blood pressure qualified me as a candidate for Qysmia, since I was not obese. The cost of the medication is not cheap, and is not covered by insurance. The first few days on the introductory dose I gained about a pound and was so sleepy I thought I had been given sleeping pills. But, then, I seemed to hit some kind of stride, because the weight started dropping at the rate of a pound a day. I can't look at bread without getting the urge to vomit. Anything with sugar tastes like metal. In the morning, I drink a big cup of coffee.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 28, 2014 4:35 PM
Review by JG8801:

I'm a 47 y/o Hispanic man that was weighing 302 pounds and began taking metformin for metabolic syndrome. I started Qsymia in August 2013 and today I weigh 245 pounds. I admit I have made modifications to my eating habits and I am spending a good amount of time on the elliptical, treadmill, and stationary bike ( at least 30 minutes on each). Luckily no side effects.

March 24, 2014 6:25 PM
Review by Penelope66: User Rating:

I'm a 47 year old mother of 4. I've been on Qsymia 3.75 for 3 weeks then 7.5 for one week now. I've lost 10 pounds. I also have mitral valve heart disorder. The only side effects I've had is dry mouth, heartburn from time-to-time, and that funny feeling I get when I take an antihistamine. It gives me a ton of energy to get things done. I'm a Coke addict and can't stand to drink it now (love that!). I don't feel the need to eat near as much as I used to. I'm looking to lose 50 total pounds. I want to get from a size 12 to a size 4 again.

March 21, 2014 11:59 PM
Review by Samiam48 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Hi, I'm a 48 yr old woman who has struggled with a lower thyroid and metabolism. I started at 199lbs and weigh 179lbs now (started 12/7 and last weighed in on 3/14). I consider 20 lbs a success, especially considering there was a vacation and two holidays involved. I had some side effects, mostly dry mouth and a mild headache. My biggest issue was not having any appetite - I don't think it's healthy to not eat enough food, so I had to remind myself to eat. I track my food intake on myfitnesspal which helps me eat enough calories during the day. The cost is getting expensive, but I still have 40 lbs to lose, so I think I will stay on it for a few more months. I go back to the doctor after one more month for re-check and we will see what he says.

March 18, 2014 7:20 PM
Review by MindyCH (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I can't share much YET because I literally started this medication last Sunday (today is Thursday). Only have two complaints - the cost is the first one! I hate that insurance won't cover this, and #2 (something I see no one else complain about!) is constipation! It's awful. Just a few days in and I do take Colace every day, plus I also take Miralax. I even took senna tablets last night and nothing. Ugh! That's so uncomfortable. I haven't weighed myself yet, I will do it this Sunday and see if anything has been lost one week down.

March 13, 2014 2:00 PM
Review by Texas Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I started on Qsymia 6 months ago, and I have had plenty of side effects. I started with tingling in my fingers and toes, even my lips occasionally. I get terrible cotton mouth, brain fog, mild headaches, extreme fatigue and have a hard time concentrating. I even run the gamut of emotions at time from irritation to outright hostility, but it usually passes quickly and I have learned to control it. Having said that, I started out at 216 pounds, I am now at 175 and most of the side effects have began to subside. I can live with the cotton mouth by increasing my water intake and have found a work around for all the other inconveniences I experienced in the beginning, but if you stick with it, you'll find that it is worth it. 40 lbs to go!

March 1, 2014 5:47 PM
Review by TSRE (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I had a good experience on this medicine. After years of nothing working, I lost 35 pounds over 8 months. Started at 206lbs, ended at 170lbs. I've always been active, exercising 6 days a week and I ate well. The medicine turned off any cravings I had and I felt full after only a few bites of the healthy food I was eating. There were two big down sides. First, the cost! It went from $150 to $190 in the 7 months I took it. To add to it, my state requires monthly check ins at the Dr. which add $60 a month for a total of $250/month. If I was continuing to drop a lot of weight, it might have been worth it but I plateaued and for the last 3 months did not lose any weight. Been off for 3 months and I have maintained. I would consider taking it again.

February 25, 2014 11:04 AM
Review by Redhot04wink: User Rating:

I just started Qsymia on 2/20/14 it has only been 4 days and I have dropped 5 pounds. The only side effect I've experienced is insomnia. I am happy in knowing that the more weight I lose the longer I will be on this earth for my family.

February 24, 2014 11:11 AM
Review by gettingslim (taken for less than 1 month):

I am a 42 year old female. I am the heaviest I have ever been at 212lbs because of menopause. I started Qsymia on 02/18/2014. The only side effect I've noticed is a mild headache only when I haven't eaten enough.

February 23, 2014 6:56 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I tried Qsymia for 9 days. I lost 8 pounds but had too many side effects. I felt like I was going to pass out at church one Sunday. I got extremely agitated. That was just NOT me. I stopped taking it because I got into an argument with the pharmacist and cried all the way home. I turned into someone I didn't like.

February 4, 2014 3:30 PM
Review by blondee38: User Rating:

I have been taking Qsymia now since 6/13 I started at 211 lbs and I am 5' 1". Today is 1/27/14 and I weigh 176.4lbs. I do not eat the healthy foods and I do not exercise regularly as I have issues with my knees and shoulders that my tendons flare up when I workout so I only do so occasionally and my main activity is housework and yard work. I still eat fast-food occasionally and pizza just not like I used to. Now here is the thing I had high blood pressure when I started and now its perfect! I am my doctors guinea pig and I am being monitored I had an EKG before starting it and I have to still go in for follow ups and he did a blood panel last month to make sure I wasn't having any hidden side effects! Came back negative and I've lost 35lb.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 27, 2014 11:24 AM
Review by HealthJourney (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I am a 25 year old female. I'm 5'8" and weighed 240lbs at my heaviest. I tried Qsymia after it was recommended by a family member who has lost 40 lbs on it and I have been on it for exactly a week now. I'm combining it with The 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno, which is low fat, low carb, low sugar, and I'm happy to say that somehow in one week I've lost 14 pounds. I know it's mostly water weight but I feel good and I can actually tell that the pill makes me not crave food or feel hungry throughout the day like I used to be, which makes following the diet so much easier. I would recommend Qsymia to anyone. Only side effect is a little lightheadedness the first day or two.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2014 4:09 PM
Review by ConnieTelvl:

I have been on Qysimia for two weeks and have lost 11 pounds. I started with the headaches and the fogginess. I also had dizzy spells, but I later figured out that many of the symptoms were because of the lack of food I was eating. I started eating healthier portions, (smaller, but healthier) and the side effects were gone and the pounds just started coming off. I don't want to up the dose because I am afraid the weight is coming off too fast.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 7, 2013 12:32 PM
Review by jumpNThefire: User Rating:

I've been on it for 6 weeks, lost 30 pounds already another 100 pounds to go!

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 7, 2013 5:01 AM
Review by Brian165: User Rating:

1 week so far, lost 7.8 lbs! I love this, for those of you who used FENphen back when , this is the next great thing!

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 11, 2013 11:15 AM
Review by Bagoly (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Update to my weight loss experience, I'm 51, 5'5" female, 3 kids, started Qysmia 9/9/13 at 198 lbs. This morning, Nov. 7, I weighed in at 173 lbs. Lost 25 lbs in 2 months! Eating 1200 calories a day, drinking lots of diet tea. Still have occasional tingling in toes, but thats it. Weight loss is about a pound a week but thats probably the healthiest way to go and I'm not feeling hungry or deprived. I eat what I want, just less, BUT drink a BIG glass of tea before eating! Cost - yes expensive - but you're cutting back calories so it is the cost of one Big Mac Meal or its equal. I'm VERY happy with my results!!!

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 8, 2013 3:06 PM
Review by Bagoly: User Rating:

I am a 51 year old female with 3 kids, I started Qysmia Sept. 9 at 198 lbs and have lost 19 lbs as of today, Oct. 12. I know initially you loose more because it is mostly water, but now I have leveled off and I am loosing the healthy 2 lbs/week. I have tried so many diets, nothing has worked like this. The only side effect I have felt is very occasionally the tingling in my feet. Not only am I not "wound up" from this med, I have never been so calm, I'm finally seeing results for all the effort and I am not frustrated. Appetite is way down, I eat about 1200 calories or less a day, have plenty of energy, and drink LOTS of fluid, 30 lbs to go! Can't wait! Definitely would recommend Qysmia to the extremely overweight or obese.

October 13, 2013 9:31 AM
Review by Yellowgirlnjuc: User Rating:

I've been on this for close to 30 days, I've lost 13lbs, started at 225lbs. I haven't had many of the side effects that others have had. I see a common theme that no one mentions whether or not they take vitamins/multivitamin to help curb the side effects. That was the very first thing my doctor told me and drink plenty of water.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 10, 2013 9:15 PM
Review by LondonG: User Rating:

I'm going through peri-menopause at 46 and have put on 25lbs over the past few years. No amount of diet or exercise could help me lose this extra weight. I exercise each day just to not gain any more weight. Seeing that I was struggling with this issue, my Dr. prescribed Qysmia. First few weeks, I did feel a little tired and foggy, but got through it. On 7.5 mg now and have lost 9 lbs in 19 days. My appetite has been squashed like I never expected! When I eat a meal, I cannot finish all on my plate because I feel full very quickly. I still have a half glass of red wine at night though. No desire for sweets or carbs.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 9, 2013 12:22 PM
Review by Pumpkin12345: User Rating:

Just started Qsymia 9/24/13 weighing in @ 239lbs as of this morning 10/4/13 I weighed in at 232.6lbs. Eating a little healthier, smaller meals more frequently only drinking water or freshly brewed unsweetened Tea, no carbonated beverages, nothing with high fructose corn syrup and nothing with any artificial sweeteners. And I have to be honest I am no by any means a gym person I haven't stepped foot in a gym in years, however I do stay very active with housework inside and outside of the home, which after a while is exercise in itself. Also I find I can go on very little sleep, I am full of energy and feel great. This is a miracle in my book. Good luck everyone.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 4, 2013 1:08 PM
Review by Hazeldisaster7 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have been taking this medicine for almost a month now. I have lost 11 lbs. The only side effect I have is the numbness/tingling in my feet. I started taking this medicine after my doctor and I saw no results when I changed my diet- I cut out soda, sweets, and fast food. Now I have continued my same diet and am seeing results! I also walk/jog 2-3 times a week for 20-30 mins.

October 2, 2013 8:56 PM
Review by MSTS: User Rating:

I dont know what I am doing wrong, but it is not working for me. I am gaining weight. It has not decreased my appetite at all.

September 25, 2013 9:57 AM
Review by Featherweight: User Rating:

Two months and 22 pounds lighter. I can't believe how easy it's been. And I'm still losing! I'm diabetic and overweight but not obese. I have to lose 10 more pounds to reach a medically "normal" weight. I'll get there. And the only drawback is dry mouth. So I carry a water bottle and pee more often. It's an easy trade off for a tinier waist and a (hopefully) longer and healthier life.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 19, 2013 3:36 AM