User Reviews for Qsymia

Learn more about Qsymia.

Qsymia review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Weight Loss

Review by Dch33 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Started out great on the lowest dosage. I lost 20 pounds in the first 6 weeks. Moved up to the next dosage and did not lose a pound. Still no side effects so they moved me up to the highest dosage. The first 2 days were great and then I thought I was going to die! The chest pains were horrific! I couldn't chance the way I felt and it got me really thinking as to what I was putting in my body! I stopped taking it!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2014 10:41 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm 28 5'8" Went to the doctor 6/27/14 I was weighing 240 lbs. Doctor prescribed me Qsymia to help me lose weight. I started off on the free 2 weeks supply had to go back to my doctor 7/3/14 for other reason not concerning Qsymia I was weighing 235 lbs. had lost 5 lbs within a week without exercising or dieting, just no drinking drinks (sodas) I drink lemon water or eating sweets I don't have any side effects I feel like myself. My goal is to get back to weighing 155lbs or maybe about 165lbs. I do plan on going forward with Qsymia because of the little result I had within a week. Qsymia is definitely 1 of the BEST diet pills I have tried.

July 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Review by mzpooh:

I have used Qysmia since January along with a low carb diet, and as of today I have lost 44 pounds. The medicines assist with keeping me from being hungry, and craving foods that I would generally binge on like sweets. I really am pleased with this medication. The only side effects I have incurred are some constipation, which I always had issues with. I use Miralax to aid with that. I only have a few more pounds to lose to reach my goal, but the medicine has really been a help.

June 30, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by gettingslim (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I wanted to give an update on my progress with Qsymia. I started on 02/18/2014. As of today I have losted 25 pounds. I do light exercise 3-4 times a week (about 20 to 30 mins). I love these pills and will continue until I have reached my goal. I go to the doctor on 08/02/2014. I will come back with another updated then. In the beginning my insurance did not pay, but now they do and I only have to pay a copay of $40.

June 26, 2014 10:18 AM

Review by girljb (taken for less than 1 month):

I was on the 2 wk trial, on the 9th day I started having insomnia, my doctor decided to keep me on the 3.75 for another 2 wks to see if it went away but has not, I only get 3-4 hours sleep a night and I take it around 8am. I feel the medication really helps with weight loss, I have lost 5 lbs in 17 days, but am getting too exhausted to keep taking it. I will try Belviq.

June 24, 2014 1:53 PM

Review by healthybeat (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Lost 45lbs. Actually lost too much weight. Started looking bony. Actually had 2 different doctors tell me I had last too much. I have never heard that from an MD before which is probably why I kept at it. I only started off wanting to loose 12 to 15 but the lbs may coming off and didn't stop. I've been weaning myself off since I saw pics of my face and chest. And yes, bones are sticking out. Qsymia worked for me. It's expensive but nothing except surgery and starvation helped before and with this med it was so easy.

June 22, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by MindyCH (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Another update - Today I have lost 20 lbs. and been on Qsymia since March 9, 2014. (3 months, 9 days). I went four weeks with no loss, then lost a few more. It's slow and steady, but it does work. It's not a miracle pill, you have to do your part! It does help with cravings and appetite control. I also have to stay very consistent with Miralax and stool softeners because it does cause constipation. You have to drink a lot of water with this medication, too, as it will cause you to be thirsty. It's good to get into the habit of drinking lots of water anyway!

June 18, 2014 3:49 PM

Review by Bagoly (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Started Qsymia in Sept. 2013 weighing 198 lbs, I'm 52 yo, 5'5" female with 3 kids, have lost 45 lbs to date. Only side effects were tingling in toes occasionally, but not any more. I'm very active around the house and yard but do not exercise, keeping daily calorie count below 1200 with healthy foods and plenty of fluids. This was my last attempt at losing weight - AND IT WORKED!! And it does NOT make me crazy and wound up like other meds did in the past. Have been spreading the word to friends and family since first seeing the results!!!!!

June 10, 2014 9:58 AM

Review by tkms (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I started taking Qsymia in July 2013. I was 294 lbs. I have lost over 100 lbs with the help of Qsymia and am loving life. This is the only thing that has worked for me and I've tried everything from Weight Watchers to Adipex and back around. I love Qsymia. It is a life saver.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2014 12:32 PM

Review by Luckylouie (taken for less than 1 month):

I have Hashimotos and had my thyroid removed in 2002. I have had problems ever since with weight. I also suffer from Migraines with up to 12 a month. My weight before my thyroidectomy averaged 145-150. I have been up and down with every diet out there. Finally reaching 196 lbs on 5/1/2014. I researched Qsymia. And marched into my Doctor on 5/3/2014 and begged him to prescribe it. He reluctantly did. As of 5/29/2014 I have had only one migraine (Topamax one of the ingredients is used for migraines) and now weigh 180 lbs.

June 1, 2014 1:21 PM

Review by Sweet&Sassy:

It has been about 3 months now since I started taking it and I am down 25lbs. I am at the second dosage and the only side effect I have is constipation but my doctor has given me Miralax to help me with that. In the beginning my LFT's were elevated and this past week for my 3 month check up all my labs are normal. I will continue because I have a long way to go along with my diet and exercise but with my new found motivation I am going to get there.

May 27, 2014 3:07 PM

Review by Mopsyof2 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Began taking Qsymia 3.75 in June 2013. Its one year later I have lost 80 pounds. At the low dose I experience few side effects while still suppressing my urge to overeat. I've used My Fitness Pal to track my 1200-1500 calories a day menus. No sugar cravings any more. For the last few weeks I have diminished my dosage to 3 times a week as I've approached my maintenance weight goal. The weight loss has been easy. Now to figure out how Q can help me maintain the loss.

May 26, 2014 5:59 PM

Review by Super Happy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been over weight for over twenty years. I have high blood pressure and tried many times to lose weight on my own with little or no success. I have been talking Qsymia now since January 23rd and I have lost 40 pounds. I feel great my blood pressure is down and I have not experienced any side effects. Very happy %u2665

May 21, 2014 11:43 AM

Review by Big Girls Don't Cry (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have tried Qsymia now for 3 months now. I have been let down a bit as I expected to lose more weight. I am paying for this out of pocket and cannot afford to lose just 1 pound a month. I am on the lowest dose but still feel some side effects like heart racing at times. I am scared to go higher actually. Back to Weight Watchers for me.

May 11, 2014 12:26 AM

Review by Duby2:

I have been on a weight roller coaster since my early twenties. Since my family history of early demise of heat/health issues due to weight I decided to take a stand. I have lost pounds and regained pounds. I did some research online and found this medication. As stated I had to do some talking and consulting with my physician to try this. I will put it simply in the 14 day "dosing" period I lost nearly 15 lbs. I have been on Qsymia for a little over two weeks now and started on the 7.5MG and I have lost a little over 21 lbs. I must admit I was a little aggressive on the exercise but I do not think I was able to do this even as a teenager. Truly excited about what the future holds for this outstanding motivational experience.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2014 10:03 AM

Review by MindyCH (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Update - I have been on this medication since March 9 (6 weeks, 3 days) and have lost 14 pounds. I think it works well. The only complaint is still the constipation issue but if you stay on top of things (Miralax every day, faithfully) it will be ok.

April 23, 2014 11:31 AM

Review by Cafabela (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Update: I have been on Qsymia for about six weeks and have lost twenty pounds. I feel pretty good and am getting into some really good eating habits while taking this medication. The only side effect I have had is constipation and it is pretty much under control. Feel great!

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2014 2:54 PM

Review by Qysmia Girl (taken for less than 1 month):

I practically had to beg my local physician to put me on this medication. Oddly enough, he had never heard of it and had never prescribed it. I was 160 pounds, 5'5", with high blood pressure. The high blood pressure qualified me as a candidate for Qysmia, since I was not obese. The cost of the medication is not cheap, and is not covered by insurance. The first few days on the introductory dose I gained about a pound and was so sleepy I thought I had been given sleeping pills. But, then, I seemed to hit some kind of stride, because the weight started dropping at the rate of a pound a day. I can't look at bread without getting the urge to vomit. Anything with sugar tastes like metal. In the morning, I drink a big cup of coffee.

March 28, 2014 4:35 PM

Review by JG8801:

I'm a 47 y/o Hispanic man that was weighing 302 pounds and began taking metformin for metabolic syndrome. I started Qsymia in August 2013 and today I weigh 245 pounds. I admit I have made modifications to my eating habits and I am spending a good amount of time on the elliptical, treadmill, and stationary bike ( at least 30 minutes on each). Luckily no side effects.

March 24, 2014 6:25 PM

Review by Penelope66:

I'm a 47 year old mother of 4. I've been on Qsymia 3.75 for 3 weeks then 7.5 for one week now. I've lost 10 pounds. I also have mitral valve heart disorder. The only side effects I've had is dry mouth, heartburn from time-to-time, and that funny feeling I get when I take an antihistamine. It gives me a ton of energy to get things done. I'm a Coke addict and can't stand to drink it now (love that!). I don't feel the need to eat near as much as I used to. I'm looking to lose 50 total pounds. I want to get from a size 12 to a size 4 again.

March 21, 2014 11:59 PM

Review by Samiam48 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Hi, I'm a 48 yr old woman who has struggled with a lower thyroid and metabolism. I started at 199lbs and weigh 179lbs now (started 12/7 and last weighed in on 3/14). I consider 20 lbs a success, especially considering there was a vacation and two holidays involved. I had some side effects, mostly dry mouth and a mild headache. My biggest issue was not having any appetite - I don't think it's healthy to not eat enough food, so I had to remind myself to eat. I track my food intake on myfitnesspal which helps me eat enough calories during the day. The cost is getting expensive, but I still have 40 lbs to lose, so I think I will stay on it for a few more months. I go back to the doctor after one more month for re-check and we will see what he says.

March 18, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by MindyCH (taken for less than 1 month):

I can't share much YET because I literally started this medication last Sunday (today is Thursday). Only have two complaints - the cost is the first one! I hate that insurance won't cover this, and #2 (something I see no one else complain about!) is constipation! It's awful. Just a few days in and I do take Colace every day, plus I also take Miralax. I even took senna tablets last night and nothing. Ugh! That's so uncomfortable. I haven't weighed myself yet, I will do it this Sunday and see if anything has been lost one week down.

March 13, 2014 2:00 PM

Review by Texas Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I started on Qsymia 6 months ago, and I have had plenty of side effects. I started with tingling in my fingers and toes, even my lips occasionally. I get terrible cotton mouth, brain fog, mild headaches, extreme fatigue and have a hard time concentrating. I even run the gamut of emotions at time from irritation to outright hostility, but it usually passes quickly and I have learned to control it. Having said that, I started out at 216 pounds, I am now at 175 and most of the side effects have began to subside. I can live with the cotton mouth by increasing my water intake and have found a work around for all the other inconveniences I experienced in the beginning, but if you stick with it, you'll find that it is worth it. 40 lbs to go!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2014 5:47 PM

Review by TSRE (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I had a good experience on this medicine. After years of nothing working, I lost 35 pounds over 8 months. Started at 206lbs, ended at 170lbs. I've always been active, exercising 6 days a week and I ate well. The medicine turned off any cravings I had and I felt full after only a few bites of the healthy food I was eating. There were two big down sides. First, the cost! It went from $150 to $190 in the 7 months I took it. To add to it, my state requires monthly check ins at the Dr. which add $60 a month for a total of $250/month. If I was continuing to drop a lot of weight, it might have been worth it but I plateaued and for the last 3 months did not lose any weight. Been off for 3 months and I have maintained. I would consider taking it again.

February 25, 2014 11:04 AM

Review by Redhot04wink:

I just started Qsymia on 2/20/14 it has only been 4 days and I have dropped 5 pounds. The only side effect I've experienced is insomnia. I am happy in knowing that the more weight I lose the longer I will be on this earth for my family.

February 24, 2014 11:11 AM