User Reviews for Qsymia

Learn more about Qsymia.

Qsymia Review Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Weight Loss

"Started on 11/14/14, at 227.8 lbs at 5'6" tall - 8 months later I have lost 51 lbs, am now 176.8 lbs. I have gone from a size 16 to a 10-12 depending on the brand. Side effects are dry mouth (solved by drinking a ton of water) and tingling in feet, which I notice more as it becomes time to take the next dose in the morning. Qsymia definitely curbed the snacking, the over eating, etc. Changed the way I eat, increased fresh vegetables, cut carbs (no bread, limited starch, etc.) and stopped eating processed foods. Began to cook dinner more, to control the butter, oil, cooking method rather than relying on the quick fix of takeout. This has made a HUGE difference. Increased activity as well. I can see my curves again. 20 lbs. to go!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 29, 2015

"Hello to all, I started Qsymia one week ago on the low dose weighing in at 181. I am a 24 year old mother of 2 and I am 5'2. As of today I am 173.2 :D. I am drinking a gallon or more of water a day with a low calorie diet and I have being going to Zumba for the past 5 days. My only side effect has been having a dry mouth but I do not mind as I maintain hydrated. I started my higher dosage today and will keep you guys posted. I am happy I can share my experience with people who understand where I am coming from."

Lizo23 June 26, 2015

"When I initially starting taking the med I lost 7lbs in 9 days. My hopes were high for this medicine. But then...my milligram number was bumped up and that's when all hell broke loose. I had multiple panic attacks while driving. My memory was shot. I couldn't concentrate or even form a decent thought. Please weigh all options before starting this medication."

Porterhouse June 25, 2015

"This is an update to my April 2015 start. I am now reviewing under weight loss, because I am truly on my way...In my 2nd week of the 2nd strength and I am down 15lbs. Could not be happier. My clothes are fitting like I remember them. Only side affect which is very mild is tingling in hands and seldom my feet. Doctor is monitoring my BP which was almost under control with only 1/2 a low dose Lisinopril before taking Qysmia. Will most likely be off that soon also. So thrilled to be seeing these results. If you are on the fence about trying this, get to your doctor and see if it could work for you."

Janice Van (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2015

"Took the 2 week trial at the end of May and experienced some side effects. I was severely tired, had some tingling in my hands and feet, dry mouth, and pop tasted really flat (which I guess is a good thing since I no longer wanted it) and some trouble sleeping. I added in some exercise and started a low calorie diet. I lost about 7lbs in those two weeks. I wasn't able to go directly on to the 7.5 dosage because of come complications with my pharmacy. I was off the medication for for about a week & gained my energy back & slept better. I've been back on the medication for 2 days now & have started experiencing the side effects again. Unless my results are drastically great during my 30 day rx, I don't think I can handle the side effects."

JB12345 June 12, 2015

"I tried Qysmia 7.5 dosage for 43 days and lost 12 pounds but the side effect I didn't desire any junk. I didn't take every day as prescribed because of the side effects. Insomnia, dry mouth, tingling in feet, tiredness. The worst side effects has come since I have been off the medicine for 4 days. I have pain in my genital area and constant chills. I now see that these are listed as possible side effects. I think that people should return back to the post to warn of what comes after you withdraw from the medicine. Not worth the 12 pounds weight loss. Everything comes with a price."

despite it all (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

"I have been on qsymia since 12/2015 and it has been 6 months now. I have polysystic ovarian syndrome and have tried pretty much everything to lose weight without success for the last 7 years. My doctor recommended this medication and it has been the only thing to ever help. Even with it I still lost slowly, at a little over 4 lbs a month 25 lb total but it has changed my life. I no longer count every calorie or carb that goes in my mouth or have to work out for 2 hours a day. I eat everything in moderation and don't really think about food. I really loved this medication, until I noticed a lot of hair falling out and starting researching online. I've lost about 1/3 of my hair&now have to stop qsymia only 20lbs from my goal. So be careful!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

"I'm done with my 14 day free trial and lost 9 lbs. I'll be starting a higher dosage tomorrow. Dry mouth The only "side effects" if you would call it that is dry mouth."

nelly22 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2015

"I began taking qsymia last year from May2014 - Oct2014 and lost 30lbs. Had to stop taking since I ran out of money on my FSA and couldn't afford it out of pocket. I will say I had major dry mouth which led me to drink lots of water and of course that's great for weight loss. Completely changed my tasted buds, no longer desired sugar foods - cakes, cookies, etc or pop (Diet Pepsi drinker). Side effect: no energy, struggled greatly on my job. I read a post someone recommending taking l-tyrosine 500mg for energy. I did along w/ my daily multi-vitamins, and it made a world of difference!! I did gain my 30lb back being off, but I'm back on qsymia and ready to take it off and more this time and stick with it!!"

Neolex May 29, 2015

"Starting weight was 173 (5'5), combined Qsymia program with up to 1000 cal per day (no exercise) - recording with my fitness pal app definitely helps!! I lost 18 lbs altogether in 6 months where majority lost in first 3 ms, maintained during rest with pills on/off. One thing I did not like about the medicine (especially at the first couple of months) is the side effects; dry mouth, anxiety attacks (which I never experienced before) & insomnia but it subsided after awhile. Regarding pricing, some insurance companies will allow for pre-authorization if you get your doctor to reason with them it is necessary for you; this way coupon you can pay as low as $35/ month supply. not bad program overall.."

rk2007 May 28, 2015

"I started taking Qsymia in the end of November. It's now nearing the end of May and I've lost just shy of 40 lbs. I've been watching my diet and also incorporating moderate amounts of exercise. I have hypothyroidism and was unable to lose weight using any other method alone. This medication has been a life saver! I no longer have to take blood pressure meds and will likely be stepping down the dosage of my thyroid meds soon due to lower body weight. I still want to lose another 30-40 lbs. to be at a healthy weight. My rate of weight loss has been steady...not too slow but not too rapid, either. I can't say enough about it."

Becky R. May 25, 2015

"This medication so far has been working quite well for me. I just finished my first 2 week dose today and I am down 16 pounds. The first week felt like I was starving with the diet the nutritionist had put me on , but into the second week that faded away and I was satisfied with my smaller portions. I had less interest in food and felt fuller faster. Tomorrow I will begin the the next dose up of the medication and I am looking forward to seeing how much weigh loss is in store for me. I was told by the doctor today that the medicine is designed to help you lose 5 percent of your total weight loss. So my next visit with her she expects another 10 pounds which will put me at 26 pounds in 6 weeks that is more than what she originally expected"

OR Chick May 21, 2015

"I have been on Qsymia for 2 weeks and my weight is exactly the same. I am a 50 yr old woman in menopause. I have also been on a high protein diet and walking 10,000 steps a day. I don't know if I should spend the money for the next step or not since I have seen no results thus far. The only difference I can tell is that soda tastes flat."

GrannyW May 11, 2015

"First two week in the lowest those, great! Four pounds in a week no sides effect. Ten days in the 7.5 dosage and have lost 12 pounds, no interest in food. Very dry mouth (use Biotene or something similar). I hope to continue loosing weight until reaching my goal! Side effects are tolerable."

Desperate for loosing weight! (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2015

"Started Qsymia 2 weeks ago today..love it..down 9lbs just on the 2 week free trial. I have no taste at all for sodas ( and I would drink at least 4 can drinks a day) my food intake has decrease in half. I don't feel hungry. My energy has increased. Only side effect is insomnia- hoping that will wear down in a few days. My cost with coupon $114 and insurance will not help pay but well worth the cost! Would recommend to anyone to try at least for free for 2 week free trial. Love it!!"

happyinnc (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

"My experience with Qysmia has been okay. Thankfully, no side effects except sometimes tingling in my hands and feet. I started at 225 in November 2014 and now six months later, I am 204. I thought I would have lost a lot more faster like everyone else but I haven't. My appetite is definitely less than it used to be but I do still treat myself to chocolate. Gave up potato chips and french fries!! Although, I'm not exercising as much as I should. My BMI went from 38 to 35. I think it's good to take it off slowly anyway. 3/4 lb. to 1 lb. a week is fine for me. My goal is 140. It may take me over a year to get there, but slow and steady wins the race!!"

Anne87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

"I started Qsymia on Saturday, April 25th. I felt fine the first couple days but the last two days I've got a weird feeling in my head and I feel a bit full, like I've eaten too much but I haven't, leg cramps, slight tingling in my feet and itching in my hands (none of which are pleasant). It doesn't make me not want eat entirely but it definitely helps me make better choices. I've had a touch of insomnia and some weird dreams and the weird feeling in my head kind of makes me want to give up but I hopped on the scale before I started typing this and I've also lost 4 lbs so far (I'm 41 years old, 5'4" and started at 206) I'm going to call my doc tomorrow to be on the safe side. It appears to work but I'm not sure I can continue on like this."

blanonymous12 April 28, 2015

"I realize I'm only in this for 3 days now but, oh gosh, the first day I took the medicine I ate an entire Mexican feast, the second day, did a little better only ate one meal, the third day, I'm sitting here eating a little debbie oatmeal pie. I pray the next level after the 2 week trial, is more effective. I refuse to pay 223 dollars for something that may or may not work."

carrie v April 26, 2015

"I started taking the medication five months ago at a starting weight of about 325 and have lost a little over 70 pounds since then. Only significant side effects have been dry mouth and increased thirst which I count as beneficial because they have caused me to significantly increase my water intake. Weight loss was very rapid at first (probably water weight) and then leveled off to 2-3.5 pounds per week. Qsymia definitely helps control hunger, but it does not eliminate your ability to eat a lot if you chose to. It just gives you the choice. So you have to do your part by making diet changes (limiting portion sizes, eliminating sodas, limiting sweets and fast foods, etc.) and exercising to the extent you are able to get results."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"At 220 pounds and 5' 0" I was out of control with my eating. My BMI was 43. I had to do something. I tried every over the counter diet pill there was. Finally my Dr prescribed Qsymia. I have been on it since August 2014 and have lost 89 pounds. My goal is to lose a total of 110 pounds. Dry mouth and constipation are the worst side effects, but I can deal with those. I have gone from a size 22 pants to a size 12....bust size has gone from 40DD to 36C. I now know how to eat and what not to eat to keep the weight off. I will continue on Qsymia until August. 21 more pounds to go to reach my goal of 110!"

Nana1960 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2015

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been using the product for 2 1/2 months I weighed 267 and now I weigh 242 losing a total of 25 lbs so far. This product helped to lower my blood pressure and give me a boost. Some side affects were insomnia the first week but that went away and dry mouth. My doctor advised me reduce my calorie intake to 1200 ( don't stay consistently below or your hair will fall out) and exercise 5 days a week ... I hope to lose at least 67lbs total"

Anonymous April 16, 2015

"49 YO Male. Starting weight 280 lbs on Jan 6 2015. Current weight 244 on April 6 2015. Goal weight = 170. Weight loss = 36 lbs in 3 months. Experience - entirely positive and successful. Have not been under 250 in 9 years, despite diet and exercise with many periods of not trying. First two weeks on half dose were most intense for side effects - dry mouth, light-headedness, unusual thoughts and dreams. All passed quickly when I normalized on standard 7.5 mg doze after 2 weeks. What has remained is a decreased appetite, no more unconscious or binge eating, and ability to just eat the foods I want to eat - healthy green veg and protein. Exercise 6 days/week. Friends will notice the difference at 30 lbs so hang in there."

qwispy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2015

"I started Qsymia in mid-December at 309 pounds and have lost a total of 30 pounds so far. I am now on the 7.5 mg dosage and it's working great! Personally, I've never experienced any of the side effects that some have, other than maybe a slight headache the first day or two when first starting the medication, and again when upping the dose. It's been a life-changer for me! On Qsymia, I can eat normally. I no longer have the cravings in between meals and especially for sweets. I can actually pass up cake and donuts! It's true that you'll no longer like the taste of soda - diet or regular. I drink only water now, with an occasional tea. I count my calories and eat normal meals. I just stop eating now when I'm full."

ukfan__ March 31, 2015

"Qsymia has definitely worked for me. I started in December 2014, at 255 lbs and about 5'11". It is now the end of March and I weigh close to 200 lbs. the medication has really helped curb my appetite and reduce the appeal of food. I maintain 1500-1800cal/d diet, exercising when I can. Some days I'm over my count, but for the most part I'm in target. I know that Qsymia made the difference in my success. I didn't really have any significant side effects."

JaSonPGH (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2015

"I started qsymia Dec 31 2015 with my two week trial then went to 7.5 dose for 2 months. Last week I stopped taking it. I weighed in at 186 in December and as of right now, march 2015 I'm at 161. I feel it's extremely important that you learn how to eat the right way while taking this, because when you stop taking it, you will gain the weight back if you don't continue to watch what u eat. I have about 13 lbs to go to be at my goal which I probably could have stayed on qsymia for another month but the tiredness I got while taking this was a big deciding factor for me. The only side effects i got were the dry mouth, occasional tingling in my fingers and the tiredness, no energy feeling. Diet pop was awful tasting too,but did curb my appetite."

Sports mom March 18, 2015