User Reviews for Qsymia

Learn more about Qsymia.

Qsymia Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Obesity

"I started Qsymia on December 1, 2015 and so far I am down 25 pounds. This medication has curbed my appetite immensely and has completely changed the way I look at food. Now I eat to live, I don't live to eat. I do have dry mouth and some occasional tingling in my feet, but nothing too bothersome. I also get some constipation, but I have GI issues from multiple auto-immune diseases, so that side effect kind of counteracts that in my favor. The only complaint is that my insurance doesn't cover it, so my current dosage runs about $130 per month; however, that a small price to pay to lose the weight. The weight loss is strictly the change in diet so far, as I really haven't gotten back to an exercise regimen yet."

Jill J February 5, 2016

"Good to me! I've struggled with weight all my adult life.Always been a beautiful lady...I started At 300 lbs down to 259. 3 months little work out plenty,plenty of water!"

Pretty Nita lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2016

"I started Qsymia on 1/21/16 and it was prescribed by my endocrinologist. I'm still taking the starter dose of 3.75/23. I've lost 10 lbs in 6 days! I have not been hungry and have had very few cravings. I've EASILY maintained a 1200 calorie diet for the past six days and have been exercising by walking (12000 average steps/day). I have one more week left of this dose and then I'll start the 7.5 mg recommended dose. I'm 5'11, starting weight was 235, current weight 226, and goal weight is 175. I'm so glad that I've started this medication."

qsymiahelpedme January 27, 2016

"I began taking this medication in September 2014. I used it for 6 months and lost 50 pounds. I had a few side effects such as constipation and loss of sleep, but both were very manageable. This medication reduced my appetite so much that at times I had to force myself to eat just to make sure I was taking in at least 1000 calories a day as directed by my doctor. I went off the medication and gained about 10 pounds back, so now I am restarting the medicine after being off a while. It's no miracle drug, but it is a great tool."

TD30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

"I have been on qsymia seen 4/1/2015. I had tried everything to lose weight and was unable to do it. I love to cook and love to eat. We eat out a lot and have a lot of company. Up to this point I couldn't control portions. I ate a lot. Once I stated this drug At 7.5 I started losing and controlling my portions. I joined weight watchers , expertise do great deal and have lost 47 pounds. I have 3 more pounds to lose. I did see that I was losing my hair and it thinned a great deal. I also have trouble sleeping. The good far out weighs the bad. When I had only 10 pounds to go I started taking it every other day. This has helped me with the hair loss . I have been eating what I want more or less ."

Happy I am losing January 12, 2016

"Been on 7.5 for 5 months and lost 20 lbs (need to lose about 40 total). Weight loss was slow but I never would have lost it without the drug (and I exercise about 5x a week). I had some side effects such as irritability, dry mouth and mild tingling in feet. In the fifth month I felt the drug has lost its effectiveness and am about to start the next level up. Hopefully this will give me the same loss of interest in food as the 7.5. Thinking of joining Weight Watchers to learn how to eat properly when I get off the meds."

Divacoup January 1, 2016

"I began taking Qsymia a couple of years ago with a brief hiatus in between. I started at 206 and got down to 158 with very little exercise but a change in eating habits. According to my friends I was eating very little w/maybe 1100 calories a day or less. I easily overlooked the side effects of tingling in the feet, dry mouth and irritability. The worst has been the memory problems, difficulty concentrating and lack of words. I couldn't remember commonly used words like my brain just stopped working. This scared me enough to stop taking it. I've been off now for over a year and still have these neurological problems after once having a near photogenic memory. I've also gained all of my weight back and looking back would've never started it."

Racht35 December 29, 2015

"Started Qsymia June 2015 took for 6 weeks lost 25 lbs. Definitely curbed appetite, no noticeable side Effects. Quite awesome really. Increased energy, some dry mouth. Will continue on it per doctors recommendation. :)"

Pmacman (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2015

"Ok here is an update .. I am into the last 2 days of the first 30 days on Qsymia 3.75-23mg I was 233 and now down to 215 I have more energy and did change my eating habits and I am exercising more this medication does curb your appetite and you do not really crave sweets which was a problem for me .. the dr was excited to see the results I just saw him and I went down 1 point on the BMI scale and he has upped the dose to the next level .. I shall report back to see if there are any side effects with the higher dose .. in reference to the cost my deductible was up to 200 then after that I pay only my copay which is 50.00 a month there are websites that offer coupons for this med so please do some research like it did I got 2 weeks free"

Marcupiel (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

"I have been on Qysmia as an alternative to weight loss surgery. It has worked very well for me. I have lost 95 lbs! As my weight went down, I increased my activity level and have been making better food choices but the drug has done the heavy lifting in the weight loss. I have had very few side effects. I had some constipation at the beginning. I occasionally notice some tingling in my feet at night and I don't sleep as much as I used to before starting the drug. I don't feel tired, I just don't require as much sleep. I have some hair loss but that is normal with any rapid weight loss. The great part is I have my life back. I am traveling, enjoying hiking with my husband, and participating in activities I could only watch a year ago."

Anonymous October 26, 2015

"I started taking Qsymia on 10/20 at 263lbs and I'm down to 256 as of today, so far so good, I will update every week with my progress. Not really experiencing any side effects as of now."

binizzle October 24, 2015

"I started Qysmia 1 August 2015 at 209 lbs. I want to get down to 175 lbs. I will be seeing my dr again in mid October and by then I would like to lose 15 lbs. So far I have lost 7 lbs and I am hopeful, but I weigh myself every week and my weight goes up a lb and back down the next week. A little strange, but I'll keep going. I do exercise at least two to three times a week and I have cut out most carbs and sweets from my diet without issue because I really want to change my lifestyle. I am 58 years old and tired of struggling with my weight on my short 5' 4" frame. Plus I want to be healthy as I enter my elderly years and added weight will only cause or compound any health issues that may arise."

Patience58 August 27, 2015

"I immediately noticed I was'm eating the amount I was but then the fatigue, jumpy feeling and omg depression began. I stopped taking it after either biting off someone's head one second and the next a puddle of tears. If you don't experience these side effects then go for it but I was not sacrificing my sanity for my weight loss."

olivetolaugh1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2015

"The first week seemed fine enough at first: tingling in feet and hands, dry mouth, and diet soda tasted awful so I stopped drinking it. After one week, I noticed the sluggishness when forming a thought, the forgetting things moments after the thought entered my brain, and tingling in my face. I also had some issues sleeping. Talked with my doc and she confirmed all of this was normal due to the Topamax, and it was up to me to continue. I had already purchased the month dose at the time I got my free dose, so I decided to stick it out and try it. The FIRST day of the doubled dose was absolutely awful. I felt anxious and my face was numb and tingly from 6am to 6pm, no exaggeration. I immediately stopped. Lost 12lbs but not worth it."

SageSoul (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2015

"I have been watching my diet and exercising since February and have lost 30 pounds on my own. Since then I have kind of hit a plateau. I start my first day tomorrow and I am excited and have high hopes. I have seen this do great things for patients and think my body just needs an additional booster. I will keep you all posted. I currently I started at 261 down to 232 would like to be 160-170"

Going to the beach! July 2, 2015

"I am 5 feet 228lbs. Started 5/12/15 as of today 6/30/15. I am 208lb. Still eating what I like but smaller portions. Walking for exercise. Total of 19 pounds so far. Very happy. Only side effect is dry mouth. I just drink water all the time. But my energy level is great"

Busy motehr of 3 teens June 30, 2015

"Im 64 yrs old. 3rd week at the high does and my lost all my weight in the first 2 weeks of 5 lbs. and have stopped loosing. Very discouraged now because I need to loose at least 50 more lbs. I have been doing more aerobic exercises to help the process along."

Seabreeze I June 26, 2015

"My doctor was pretty hesitant to try me on this but was quick to mention weight loss surgery. I'm 25, 5'8" with a starting weight of 250 (June 8th). I began the low dose of the trial of June 13th and weighed yesterday at 241.5 (8.5 lbs!). Soda tastes flat and so does alcohol. Huge bonus since soda was my vice. Drinking lots of water due to dry mouth. I have felt a little tired, but it's tolerable. My hands and face feel tingly today. hopefully that passes because that is pretty annoying. I had a slight headache the first two days, but that went away with Aleve. I see my doctor on the 26th for a 30 day fill. Hopefully the weight loss continues. I don't plan on taking for more than a couple months. Will update."

25andOverweight (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2015

"I was put on this medication for obesity by my MD.and had excellent results. Minimal side effects, tingling in my feet and face which did not last long and I lost a ton of weight with little effort, very satisfied."

BREEZIEST (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 10, 2015

"I'm 5'9. I started taking this medication 11/14. I weighed 315lbs. I wanted something to help guide me in the right direction. When I started I made a commitment to myself that I would go paleo. Which I did. I also exercise 2-3 times a day. Now 7 months later I've lost 190lbs. I can't tell you how much this medication has helped me save my life. Not once during these 7 months have I had anything sweet. I drink nothing but water. Not to mention stopped taking a pill everyday and take one every few days. My doctor never put me on anything higher than the 7.5mg bc I lost weight so rapidly. I have no desire for anything bad to eat with or without the medication. The only bad thing I can say is that I have a ton of excess skin!!"

Woman on a mission June 9, 2015

"I have been using Qsymia for a little over 3 months. I have lost 50 pounds. I'm 30, have 1 child and couldn't lose weight no matter how long I stayed in the gym. There is no magic pill that works for weight loss without DIET AND EXERCISE! You need to do these things to see these type of results! I will say in the beginning my side effects were awful I always felt tired but I pushed passed that and it went away. I have since gone off my blood pressure medicine as well. I would recommend following closely with your doctor if you are on BP meds though because my blood pressure dropped so quick I was fainting. Not from Qsymia but from getting healthy so fast."

Kroles May 21, 2015

"Started taking the starter dose on April 27, 2015, then went up to the regular dose on May 11th, 3 days ago. Didn't lose much the first week then, wow, started dropping the pounds. It has been about 17 days and I'm down 14 pounds from 264.5 to 250.5 this morning, but most of that has been in the past two weeks. A little tingling in the feet but that is about it. Carefully monitoring my resting heart rate with a digital reader and it has gone down, not up. Not hungry AT ALL. This stuff is the miracle I have been waiting for. I didn't think something like this was possible."

Loving It (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

"I started on Qsymia 4/26/2015, at my yearly checkup. I am a 55 yr old female, and am post menopausal, and have hit a road block when it comes to losing weight. My Dr. said I am in wonderful health and was not concerned with my 5'9'' 264lb body. At my request, she told me about Qsymia and suggested that I try it for an added boost , since I do exercise and eat healthy already but was not seeing results like I should be seeing. She prescribed the low 2 week starter dose. I have only been taking for 5 days but already have seen success. 5lbs. lost, with no side affects. Only thing was 1 day when I did not eat enough and I went for my 30 min walk, I about passed out, weak legs, dizzy, and fast heart rate due to not eating. Will make sure to eat."

Janice Van April 30, 2015

"i was extremely excited about qsymia 3.5 for 14 days.. Lost 5.5 lbs. however..it took 3 months took get my dr. Nurse to do her job & get me qualified.. To move to the next dose of 7.5mg. & it is awful even though it's been only 6 days I am sleeping a lot,, eating less, but also found out I am type 2 diabetic therefore I need to be a wake to fix my meal,,, I am going to wait 2 more weeks for Ned's to get in my system, I am getting the face tremble so I know it's going to work, my daughter has lost 60 lbs, in 3 months. & her sleeping & tingling effects has passed, "COME ON QSYMIA summer is on the way""

Solodeuce April 30, 2015

"I have been on Qsymia for 13 days and down 14 pounds. Great results!"

PurplePrncess (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015