User Reviews for Qsymia

Learn more about Qsymia.

Qsymia Review Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Obesity

"I have been using Qsymia for a little over 3 months. I have lost 50 pounds. I'm 30, have 1 child and couldn't lose weight no matter how long I stayed in the gym. There is no magic pill that works for weight loss without DIET AND EXERCISE! You need to do these things to see these type of results! I will say in the beginning my side effects were awful I always felt tired but I pushed passed that and it went away. I have since gone off my blood pressure medicine as well. I would recommend following closely with your doctor if you are on BP meds though because my blood pressure dropped so quick I was fainting. Not from Qsymia but from getting healthy so fast."

Kroles May 21, 2015

"Started taking the starter dose on April 27, 2015, then went up to the regular dose on May 11th, 3 days ago. Didn't lose much the first week then, wow, started dropping the pounds. It has been about 17 days and I'm down 14 pounds from 264.5 to 250.5 this morning, but most of that has been in the past two weeks. A little tingling in the feet but that is about it. Carefully monitoring my resting heart rate with a digital reader and it has gone down, not up. Not hungry AT ALL. This stuff is the miracle I have been waiting for. I didn't think something like this was possible."

Loving It (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

"I started on Qsymia 4/26/2015, at my yearly checkup. I am a 55 yr old female, and am post menopausal, and have hit a road block when it comes to losing weight. My Dr. said I am in wonderful health and was not concerned with my 5'9'' 264lb body. At my request, she told me about Qsymia and suggested that I try it for an added boost , since I do exercise and eat healthy already but was not seeing results like I should be seeing. She prescribed the low 2 week starter dose. I have only been taking for 5 days but already have seen success. 5lbs. lost, with no side affects. Only thing was 1 day when I did not eat enough and I went for my 30 min walk, I about passed out, weak legs, dizzy, and fast heart rate due to not eating. Will make sure to eat."

Janice Van April 30, 2015

"i was extremely excited about qsymia 3.5 for 14 days.. Lost 5.5 lbs. however..it took 3 months took get my dr. Nurse to do her job & get me qualified.. To move to the next dose of 7.5mg. & it is awful even though it's been only 6 days I am sleeping a lot,, eating less, but also found out I am type 2 diabetic therefore I need to be a wake to fix my meal,,, I am going to wait 2 more weeks for Ned's to get in my system, I am getting the face tremble so I know it's going to work, my daughter has lost 60 lbs, in 3 months. & her sleeping & tingling effects has passed, "COME ON QSYMIA summer is on the way""

Solodeuce April 30, 2015

"I have been on Qsymia for 13 days and down 14 pounds. Great results!"

PurplePrncess (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

"I am 5'10 and when I started taking this medication I was at 240 after the first 45 days I was down 16 pounds and it has been a nice steady slow 6 to 10 pounds at each weigh in. I am now down to 180 and I feel GREAT. Worth every penny, and my only side effect's were dry mouth and I did have to go on a potassium supplement because I was getting leg craps. With the weight loss that this medication has helped with I was able to get off of some other medication for high blood pressure."

Like it (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2015

"I have only been on Qsymia for 4 days but I have lost 5 pounds. I am very short and after menopause I fluffed out I mean really. I have exercised and dieted for over a year with only loosing 10 pounds I really researched this before taking because I already have tachycardia however my doctor recommended due to high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I felt foolish first couple of days not so bad now. Have had insomnia hope that goes away soon. Hope to have continued weight loss. Will keep updated. No increased heart rate as of yet."

Tink2424 April 24, 2015

"Only side effects is dry mouth for me, but I drink lots of water and use Act for dry mouth. I started February 2015 the first 2 weeks lost 10lbs, currently down 26 total."

vic1014 April 23, 2015

"I have been ten days in the medication and lost 6 pounds in 5 days. I am not hungry at all, but feel an overall weakness in the legs and arms all day long! Not sure if I would be able to continue much longer with it!"

FatGina April 11, 2015

"This is a miracle drug. I've been on Qsymia a year now. I went from 189 down to 152. I'm a fairly active 60 yr. old female but I don't diet or exercise. I don't have time. I know, I know, I Don't wanna hear it, it's just the way it is. I've had no side effects. With my coupon and insurance I've paid $50.00 a month. I can tell you I was eating well above that :(. I love this med. With summer coming I anticipating losing probably another 10 pounds."

Doxgal (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2015

"Started the low dose for 10 days and now on the higher dose for 4 days now. Starting weight was 386 I'm 5'7 female and 54 yrs old, so now it's been 14 days and I weighed in at 372 this pill works you just have to focus and not eat. Staying with low carb foods. Salads, egg white omelettes, strawberries. I am hypothyroidism but still can't use that as an excuse. I ate because I enjoyed food. Now I must eat smaller portions and really cut back. This pill has taken the edge off. The only side effect is I've been thirsty. I drink plenty of water so it's been controlled. My doctor wanted me down 20 - 30 pounds in 3 months. I hope to do that in 2 months. Just stay focus. Study the course and you can succeed."

Southern Bella April 4, 2015

"I started Qsymia 3/26/15. I was over 30% BMI, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I have a long drive to and from work and work very long hours, leaving little to no time for exercise. I have Crohn's Disease and was nervous about taking a diet medication. My doctor suggested this medicine to help me lose weight and hopefully eliminate my other issues (blood pressure & cholesterol) simultaneously to reduce my risk for heart disease. I have not had any adverse side effects other than dry mouth, which is tolerable and encourages water consumption. I will weigh in tomorrow and post my results weekly. I am very hopeful."

GastonGirl April 1, 2015

"I started taking Qsymia in Feb 2015. I weighed in at 260lbs 5'6. I saw no results during the 2 week trial. After 3 weeks on 7.5 dose I lost 10lbs. I experience dry mouth which promotes me to drink a lot of water. I walk at 3 times a week. I am on my 2nd 30 day supply. I weigh in again Monday 4/6/15."

Anonymous April 1, 2015

"5'4 African American Female- Beginning weight: 208lbs Weight after 2 week trial: 197 6 days after increasing dose: 193 No exercise. Side effects: no energy, Dramatic decrease in appetite, insomnia, increased heart rate, increased anxiety, and unusual anger. I'm losing weight, rapidly, but is it worth it?"

Ci Tae (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2015

"Let me start by saying that food has been a central part of my entire life. I'm a 69 yr old male who weighed 309 lbs when I started taking Qysmia in early February. I now weigh 288lbs. I've lost both my interest in eating and cooking. I've finally begun to eat, to live and not live to eat. This medicine may very well save my life."

Joe Brotheim March 20, 2015

"I'm a 30 yr old 5'6 fem. I started Qsymia Sep. 2013 weighing in at approx 239lbs and just discontinued taking this medication this past month when I came within 10lbs of my goal weight of 169lbs, honestly my insurance covered $0 of the price of this medication and I was on the 3rd level dose of this prescription and at $200 a month I feel I can maintain and possibly lose the last little bit of weight on my own without the assistance of the medication, keep in mind I am also diagnosed with PCOS and therefore had hyperinsulinemia no matter how much I exercised and ate right nothing was taking the weight off until my Dr.told me we were going to give this medicine a chance and at almost 250 pounds I was willing to try anything. Worth every penny spent."

Coco7777 March 18, 2015

"Controlling portions, and mostly eating salads, I was only able to lose 6 pounds in 6 weeks. It hit a plateau after that."

Leslie003 March 12, 2015

"I will warn you that if you already have a history of depression and you have a depressive episode while on this medication, it will be 10x worse. Do NOT take that lightly. Have a good support system and tread lightly if you do choose to take this medication with a depressive history. The topiramate part of Qsymia made me have extreme mood shifts, from the first time I took it. I continually noticed short attention span, memory recall and retention issues, and other problems. Very effective for me, regarding appetite control. No cravings, when I used to have many. I did not shed significant poundage, only about 15 pounds in 3 months, but it was enough for me to want to continue on the medication - also, I was not exercising, due to my job"

norskelein (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2015

"I did very well during the free trial lower dose period. I lost 12 pounds. Ive been on the drug for atotal of 5 weeks and have not lost any additional weight on the scale. I have lost inches. 4 around my waist 3 at hips and 2 on each extremity(I must be gaining muscle). Plus Im feeling better and keeping track of all food a fluid im eating and drinking. I stick to a 1200-1800 calorie diet. So my body doesn't get bored(most days 1500). I do have numbness in my toes but thats it. My starting weight was 245lbs. Im female and 42."

Maybethistime February 15, 2015

"Started Qsymia 4 days ago as part of Supervised weight loss plan It was suggested I only eat one portion of protein and one cup of vegetables per meal I have lost 8 pounds in 4 days I was already in the process of losing weight by adding lots of fiber and vegetables not sure if that contributed to such rapid success 100 pounds to go wish me luck!"

gaurdgoose February 5, 2015

"I've been taking Qsymia for the 14 days free trial and I haven't lost not even one pound even though I exercise for 30mins every day 5 days a week and drinking lots of water I have been having those side effects like dry mouth tingling on my fingers but I've also felt very tired. I don't know if I should try the higher dose for a month or just change to Belviq."

amira. January 19, 2015

"I tried this med and I cant say I had a good experience. I guess it did suppress appetite but it also made me feel really down and tired. I wasn't even able to work out when I was on this med. I took it for 3 days and could not tolerate it any longer. My doctor switched me to Belviq and I love it its wonderful."

WeightLlossExpert (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2014

"Qsymia is not a miracle; however, it does help with weight loss. With the proper life style changes in eating habits and physical activities (while taking Qsymia) pounds and inches begin to shed away. It may not be for everyone, but this is what has worked for me. The 72 pound loss in 5 months makes me a believer. Some of the side effect took me some time to get used to. The first week or two on the medication I had insomnia and tingling in the hands and feet, but it did fade as my body adapted to the medication. The only long lasting side effect that I notice is the metallic taste in my mouth, and lacking the ability to feel carbonation on my tongue. I do not see it as a bad thing since soda is not healthy to begin with."

Ginny Tee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2014

"This medication changed my life! It gave me my life back. Lost 67lbs in 5months. It made the food I was eating taste like it was "crap, disgusting, processed garbage" I was a fast food Pepsi addict (case of Pepsi a day). After my first dose I have never been able to drink a Pepsi again! I craved fresh foods vegetables grass fed beef. Partnered with real kickboxing the weight came off so fast and I've been off the Qsymia for 2 months and NO weight gain just more loss. I still have no desire to eat the garbage I did before. My brother is having the same success as I have had on Qsymia. Some people say its the cost of the medication they can't do it."

sturek (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 22, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Medication did not work at all. Taking 2 pills caused irrational behaviour, but no suppression of appetite."

Sweets64 (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2014