User Reviews for Qsymia

Learn more about Qsymia.

Qsymia review summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Obesity

Review by Happygrandmother:

59 yr old female 5'6 195lbs. Been taking Qsymia for 10 weeks down 26 lbs. Feel fantastic! Minimal side effects. Kicked a long standing diet coke habit due to the metallic taste. Making healthy choices and very satisfying to work at weight loss and see progress. This has been a wonderful experience!

October 4, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by LeslyeRanG:

The MIRACLE pill! I can't thank my doctor enough. I've tried every diet you can think of. Could never lose weight, I've always been obese. I started taking Qsymia on September 30/14 and lost 5lbs already. I feel with lots and lots of energy and my weakness (bread, sweets) gone! I'm not following any diet. Just exercising at least 30 minutes a day. Only side effect dry mouth and tingling in my fingers but I completely love it.

October 2, 2014 11:39 PM

Review by Bagoly (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I'm done! Qsymia has helped me reach my goal! Started Sept. 2013, 52 yo female with 3 kids, 5'4" weighed 198 lbs. Now I am 145 lbs, look and feel great. With the help of Qsymia I have learned how to control my calorie intake yet still feel full and be able to eat everything I like - just the healthy versions. I hope I will be able to maintain this without taking the medication anymore...We'll see!

September 27, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by ks1188:

I am absolutely thrilled with the results I have had so far. Been taking Qsymia for 49 days and have lost 20 pounds. I have also been following a 1500 calorie diet and getting moderate exercise 3 to 4 times a week for about 30 minutes each time. I know the medication has assisted me to stay within my daily calorie intake. I did have some side effects in the beginning that dissipated. This included lethargy and difficulty concentrating. STARTED at 238lbs now at 218 just 58 more pounds to go.

September 3, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by lovetospin:

This is a miracle. I no longer think about food and have no desire to snack in between meals. I eat only what my body needs. I have lost 13 pounds in six weeks. I lead a very active lifestyle (2-5 hours of cardio a week) and eat fewer than 100 grams of carbs per day. I have tried every diet under the sun, and nothing has worked as well as far as controlling my cravings. Side effects are minimal. I have some tingling in my lips and possibly my hands and feet. Be certain to take this medicine in the morning, or you will be up all night!

August 24, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by RLA1956 (taken for less than 1 month):

I am a 57 year old woman, 5' 6" and weighed in @ 234.6 lbs. I started with the lower dose as recommended by my doctor on July 14, 2014 and it is now two-weeks later and I have lost 7 lbs. I have been steadily gaining weight over the past 20 years but in particular the past 7 years. This medication seems to be helping. I will admit that the very first day I questioned whether I could continue taking this because I was so drowsy I could barely function at work. However, each day got better and by the 4th day I did not feel any effects at all. I have now moved onto the stronger dosage. I have also not experienced the constipation that many have complained about here on this commentary. I am hoping for good results as time goes by.

July 28, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by mikepp1002 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have absolutely got to give this a 10. I weighed in around 260lbs. Male at 6 foot, even largest I've ever been it's was embarrassing considering I was 185lbs and toned not 10 years ago and after only 6 weeks I have shed 31 pounds and still see a change every few days.

June 19, 2014 8:13 PM

Review by Rimini:

I'm a 5'6 28 years old female, my first time trying Qsymia, I'm on the starter dose I started at 185lbs it's been 4 days I have lost 7 lbs with dieting and exercise. I feel great I'm so excited, my goal is to lose 20 lbs for now so we'll see what happens. For side effects I do feel the metallic taste in my mouth and the tingly feeling in my fingers but nothing over, so hopefully I keep dropping ..I'm doing a power walk for 3 miles every day. So I will be buying the 1 month supply to see where it takes me. Good luck for every one and I'll keep you guys posted.

June 14, 2014 3:13 PM

Review by TC13:

Weighed 236 in mid-December 2014 and started taking Qsymia as a New Years resolution January 3, 2014. June 10 I am weighing 198. Eating smarter with moderate exercise. Dropping about 5 pounds a month after initial 12 pound drop. I am 64 years old.

June 10, 2014 11:20 PM

Review by RONJL54:

I am 60 yo male starting weight 297lbs. Since January 1, 2014, I am now at 225lbs. I no longer take blood pressure medicine, cholesterol medicine, and asthma inhaler. I also have MS. This is the best treatment for a new lease on life. I will continue on till I hit my goal weight of 195lbs. I have been a vegetarian for the past 28 years of my life.

May 29, 2014 1:10 PM

Review by Thinking Thin Now (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Started Qsymia in April, 2013, due to my health conditions. I have diabetes, low thyroid, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I weighed 205 lbs and couldn't lose weight no matter what I did. After 4 months, I had lost 35 lbs, stopped having night sweats, gained tons of energy, and felt like a "normal" person in my eating. I could only eat small portions and then was full. The only side effect I had was occasional tingling of the fingers. 8 months later I haven't gained any of it back! I have to remember to eat small portions now, or my old habits could come back, but I learned how to manage my eating. My HbA1C is now 5.6, I only take 1/2 of my starting blood pressure dosage, my thyroid levels are great, and cholesterol is fine. Do it!

May 17, 2014 10:43 AM

Review by Stacyd324 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

In the beginning I did get headaches they lasted maybe about 3 wks. I have been on Qsymia for almost 6 wks. I lost 13 lbs the first 3.5 wks. I haven't lost a lb since. I don't understand, I have actually gained 2 of those back. it did not curb my appetite at all. I would say it did give me a little more energy. I did not get constipated as I hear you get however it does make soda taste horrible. I don't know how I am feeling about this. I have been walking and exercising and changed the way I eat so I just thought I would have seen more of a result especially for the money. I am going to try one more month and see what happens.

May 7, 2014 11:39 AM

Review by Beach gal:

52 year old Female. I have now been on 7.5 mg for 14 days, 28 days total. Hunger much reduced. Side effects: headaches; ringing in my ears lasted about a week. Still have slight numbness in cheeks. Have lost 13 lbs in 28 days, the most weight I have been able to lose in 12 years - I am thrilled. My morning blood sugar was 150 to 180, now 70 to 120. Oh...and I've stopped snoring!

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2014 8:00 AM

Review by Sweet&Sassy (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been taking Qsymia for almost a month now and have lost 11lbs in 22 days. I am on a low calorie diet. I have had several side effects like constipation, insomnia, numbness in face and legs. Any carbonated drink taste like its been sitting out open for a day just flat no fizz at all. I do feel irritable at times but most side effects I can manage except the constipation that just plain hurts. I have an appointment on March 28th and I'll see how it goes with my progress and labs. I was at 290 lbs starting weight and I am down to 279 lbs. Seeing my belly shrink motivates me more to exercise and continue to eat healthier. It is quite expensive but I look at it like this, I waste money on other things that don't do me any better and this will.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2014 1:53 PM

Review by Boricua1966:

I was in November 250 pounds and I beg my MD to prescribed me this medication he told me he does not do it, but he will make a pack with me that within a month I have to loose weight the amount he did not mentioned, so he did gave me the prescription for the first 14 days @ first honestly for the first couples of days it did not do anything, but then start it to kick in, when I went back to see him he did not want to weigh me so he fax the prescription to he pharmacy 7.5 mg 1 every morning in 3 months from 250lbs, I went down to 206lbs and from waist 40, I am 34 and XXL-shirts now. I am large everybody tells me how amazing I look and I feel and look great and more confident about myself now. My goal is not to become a Model nor muscular.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2014 6:20 AM

Review by Jonny L (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I also have Type 2 diabetes. I've been on Qsymia for a little over 3 months now and my appetite has just been GONE. Period. I've had to take insulin for my type2 diabetes ever since coronary bypass surgery over 5 years ago. As my HbA1c crept up, the insulin dosage crept up, the excess fat crept up, the insulin resistance crept up, all in a vicious little circle. After one month on Qsymia I actually experienced a low blood sugar incident, which was scary but good. @ 3 months I'm down 12 pounds in weight and my HbA1c is down over one point. I've also been able to cut my insulin dosage to less than a third of what it used to be. Yet, my insurance won't cover Qsymia, even though my improving health is saving them more money in 1 month's worth of unused insulin than a whole year of Qsymia.

March 3, 2014 3:16 PM

Review by joe sa (taken for less than 1 month):

Lost 21 pounds in 3 weeks; had no appetite most of the day. ate a regular meal at dinnertime

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2014 3:29 PM

Review by PattyAnn521:

I have been on Qsymia for 5 weeks now and have lost a total of 17 lbs. I am 5'2" and on January 7, 2014 I weighed 196 lbs. Today is 2//16/14 and I am down to 179 lbs. The only side effects I experienced are dry mouth and tingling in my toes once in a while. I have not had time to exercise and I still eat fast food once in a while but I skip the fries and soda as I do not have a desire for them or sweets anymore.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2014 5:12 PM

Review by Rasil:

I have been on Qsymia for 2 weeks now, started at 305 and 295 as of last night. I haven't experienced any side effects to this date. I have use the app "Lose It" to keep up with my food intake and also brought the Lose it scale. I found drinking water in large amounts helps with the dry mouth. Looking to lose 91lbs, will update soon.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 9, 2014 12:28 PM

Review by Corny (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Qsymia makes me think like a thin person. I no longer have any compulsion to find think about food. I have been obese for 98% of my adult life (I am 64) and tried everything. With Qsymia, I can make all the right decisions (and a few wrong ones) that I have known all along I needed to make. Now, just like a thin person, I am not driven to every fast food door, seconds or thirds of meals, eating a whole container or bag of anything. With minimal effort and smart decisions, I have gone from obese to within 5 pounds of normal weight for my height. No noteable side efffects - a little constipation when I don't eat much and a dry mouth. If I forget to take Qsymia for a day or two I know right away - my old eating habits come right back

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by valg52 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Started back in June, and at first it seemed as though I was having all of the side effects from constipation to acid reflux, you name it. So far I have gone from 212 to 182 lbs. This is the only diet medication that has worked for me. It has always been a problem losing after being diagnosed with a thyroid condition. I am grateful my physician decided to try me on Qsymia.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2013 9:31 PM

Review by Nicole1970 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had seen a story about Qsymia on the news right before seeing my doctor for the results of my physical. I was at the highest weight I had ever been 233 lbs, 43 years old and a mostly inactive lifestyle. I did some research on side effects, printed out all the information I could find and took it with me to my appointment. My doctor was hesitant because she never heard of Qsymia, but agreed to a trial 6 month run that was in July. Today I had my fifth doctor's appointment, 40 pounds lost, current weight 193, she has approved me to be on Qsymia until the goal weight is reached since she has done research and found that it okay to be on it for the long term. No dieting! Barely exercising. Appetite is decreased - HUGE SUCCESS.

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2013 1:07 PM

Review by LBH2:

My wife and I both started Qsymia 11 months ago and have both lost 65lbs ea. We have had no side effects other than minor tingling. We both support each other and eat normal foods just less of them. I am a diabetic and was using insulin and pills, I no longer use insulin and may be able to get off the pills soon. Our Doctor sees us every 3 months to check on us. This medicine has been good for us. But you have to work at it, it's not magic.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2013 7:23 PM

Review by Travis1978:

Start my meds Tuesday. I'll keep you posted.

October 20, 2013 3:59 PM

Review by Kansan:

I started on Qsymia half a year ago, lost 28 lbs so far. Overall been very pleased with the weight drop. Not much side effect. I have tried so many other things, this one is actually the most effective method I have ever had. I did notice tingling at my fingers a couple of times but was not bothering much. Oh, one thing the Coke I drink tasted weird after taking the medication.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2013 12:12 AM