Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Qsymia

Learn more about Qsymia.

Qsymia review summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Qsymia to treat Obesity

Review by Tink2424:

I have only been on Qsymia for 4 days but I have lost 5 pounds. I am very short and after menopause I fluffed out I mean really. I have exercised and dieted for over a year with only loosing 10 pounds I really researched this before taking because I already have tachycardia however my doctor recommended due to high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I felt foolish first couple of days not so bad now. Have had insomnia hope that goes away soon. Hope to have continued weight loss. Will keep updated. No increased heart rate as of yet.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2015 10:11 AM

Review by vic1014:

Only side effects is dry mouth for me, but I drink lots of water and use Act for dry mouth. I started February 2015 the first 2 weeks lost 10lbs, currently down 26 total.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2015 12:43 PM

Review by FatGina:

I have been ten days in the medication and lost 6 pounds in 5 days. I am not hungry at all, but feel an overall weakness in the legs and arms all day long! Not sure if I would be able to continue much longer with it!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 12:50 PM

I started taking Qsymia in Feb 2015. I weighed in at 260lbs 5'6. I saw no results during the 2 week trial. After 3 weeks on 7.5 dose I lost 10lbs. I experience dry mouth which promotes me to drink a lot of water. I walk at 3 times a week. I am on my 2nd 30 day supply. I weigh in again Monday 4/6/15.

April 1, 2015 8:18 AM

Review by Ci Tae (taken for less than 1 month):

5'4 African American Female- Beginning weight: 208lbs Weight after 2 week trial: 197 6 days after increasing dose: 193 No exercise. Side effects: no energy, Dramatic decrease in appetite, insomnia, increased heart rate, increased anxiety, and unusual anger. I'm losing weight, rapidly, but is it worth it?

March 23, 2015 8:21 AM

Review by Joe Brotheim:

Let me start by saying that food has been a central part of my entire life. I'm a 69 yr old male who weighed 309 lbs when I started taking Qysmia in early February. I now weigh 288lbs. I've lost both my interest in eating and cooking. I've finally begun to eat, to live and not live to eat. This medicine may very well save my life.

March 20, 2015 7:50 PM

Review by Coco7777:

I'm a 30 yr old 5'6 fem. I started Qsymia Sep. 2013 weighing in at approx 239lbs and just discontinued taking this medication this past month when I came within 10lbs of my goal weight of 169lbs, honestly my insurance covered $0 of the price of this medication and I was on the 3rd level dose of this prescription and at $200 a month I feel I can maintain and possibly lose the last little bit of weight on my own without the assistance of the medication, keep in mind I am also diagnosed with PCOS and therefore had hyperinsulinemia no matter how much I exercised and ate right nothing was taking the weight off until my Dr.told me we were going to give this medicine a chance and at almost 250 pounds I was willing to try anything. Worth every penny spent.

March 18, 2015 3:22 PM

Review by Leslie003:

Controlling portions, and mostly eating salads, I was only able to lose 6 pounds in 6 weeks. It hit a plateau after that.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2015 8:27 PM

Review by norskelein (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I will warn you that if you already have a history of depression and you have a depressive episode while on this medication, it will be 10x worse. Do NOT take that lightly. Have a good support system and tread lightly if you do choose to take this medication with a depressive history. The topiramate part of Qsymia made me have extreme mood shifts, from the first time I took it. I continually noticed short attention span, memory recall and retention issues, and other problems. Very effective for me, regarding appetite control. No cravings, when I used to have many. I did not shed significant poundage, only about 15 pounds in 3 months, but it was enough for me to want to continue on the medication - also, I was not exercising, due to my job

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 12:36 PM

Review by gaurdgoose:

Started Qsymia 4 days ago as part of Supervised weight loss plan It was suggested I only eat one portion of protein and one cup of vegetables per meal I have lost 8 pounds in 4 days I was already in the process of losing weight by adding lots of fiber and vegetables not sure if that contributed to such rapid success 100 pounds to go wish me luck!

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2015 9:37 AM

Review by amira.:

I've been taking Qsymia for the 14 days free trial and I haven't lost not even one pound even though I exercise for 30mins every day 5 days a week and drinking lots of water I have been having those side effects like dry mouth tingling on my fingers but I've also felt very tired. I don't know if I should try the higher dose for a month or just change to Belviq.

January 19, 2015 5:47 PM

Review by WeightLlossExpert (taken for less than 1 month):

I tried this med and I cant say I had a good experience. I guess it did suppress appetite but it also made me feel really down and tired. I wasn't even able to work out when I was on this med. I took it for 3 days and could not tolerate it any longer. My doctor switched me to Belviq and I love it its wonderful.

December 23, 2014 5:20 PM

Review by Ginny Tee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Qsymia is not a miracle; however, it does help with weight loss. With the proper life style changes in eating habits and physical activities (while taking Qsymia) pounds and inches begin to shed away. It may not be for everyone, but this is what has worked for me. The 72 pound loss in 5 months makes me a believer. Some of the side effect took me some time to get used to. The first week or two on the medication I had insomnia and tingling in the hands and feet, but it did fade as my body adapted to the medication. The only long lasting side effect that I notice is the metallic taste in my mouth, and lacking the ability to feel carbonation on my tongue. I do not see it as a bad thing since soda is not healthy to begin with.

December 6, 2014 8:26 PM

Review by sturek (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

This medication changed my life! It gave me my life back. Lost 67lbs in 5months. It made the food I was eating taste like it was "crap, disgusting, processed garbage" I was a fast food Pepsi addict (case of Pepsi a day). After my first dose I have never been able to drink a Pepsi again! I craved fresh foods vegetables grass fed beef. Partnered with real kickboxing the weight came off so fast and I've been off the Qsymia for 2 months and NO weight gain just more loss. I still have no desire to eat the garbage I did before. My brother is having the same success as I have had on Qsymia. Some people say its the cost of the medication they can't do it.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 4:01 PM

Review by Sweets64 (taken for less than 1 month):

Medication did not work at all. Taking 2 pills caused irrational behaviour, but no suppression of appetite.

November 11, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by Flint, MI (taken for less than 1 month):

To make a long story short. I was exalted with this weight loss journey on my own. After being fed up and knowing that I was in the season of Fall with Thanksgiving 3 weeks away, I needed a solution. Therefore, I took it upon myself on 11/04/14 at my appointment with my Endocrinologist to request a pharmaceutical pill that would aide my weight loss and BMI of 40. He gave me two options and I went with Qsymia. Thank God it was a free two week trial! Four days later, I can say I am 10 lbs lighter. Ladies and gentlemen, please do understand results may vary.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2014 11:02 PM

Review by Happygrandmother:

59 yr old female 5'6 195lbs. Been taking Qsymia for 10 weeks down 26 lbs. Feel fantastic! Minimal side effects. Kicked a long standing diet coke habit due to the metallic taste. Making healthy choices and very satisfying to work at weight loss and see progress. This has been a wonderful experience!

October 4, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by LeslyeRanG:

The MIRACLE pill! I can't thank my doctor enough. I've tried every diet you can think of. Could never lose weight, I've always been obese. I started taking Qsymia on September 30/14 and lost 5lbs already. I feel with lots and lots of energy and my weakness (bread, sweets) gone! I'm not following any diet. Just exercising at least 30 minutes a day. Only side effect dry mouth and tingling in my fingers but I completely love it.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2014 11:39 PM

Review by Bagoly (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I'm done! Qsymia has helped me reach my goal! Started Sept. 2013, 52 yo female with 3 kids, 5'4" weighed 198 lbs. Now I am 145 lbs, look and feel great. With the help of Qsymia I have learned how to control my calorie intake yet still feel full and be able to eat everything I like - just the healthy versions. I hope I will be able to maintain this without taking the medication anymore...We'll see!

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by ks1188:

I am absolutely thrilled with the results I have had so far. Been taking Qsymia for 49 days and have lost 20 pounds. I have also been following a 1500 calorie diet and getting moderate exercise 3 to 4 times a week for about 30 minutes each time. I know the medication has assisted me to stay within my daily calorie intake. I did have some side effects in the beginning that dissipated. This included lethargy and difficulty concentrating. STARTED at 238lbs now at 218 just 58 more pounds to go.

September 3, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by lovetospin:

This is a miracle. I no longer think about food and have no desire to snack in between meals. I eat only what my body needs. I have lost 13 pounds in six weeks. I lead a very active lifestyle (2-5 hours of cardio a week) and eat fewer than 100 grams of carbs per day. I have tried every diet under the sun, and nothing has worked as well as far as controlling my cravings. Side effects are minimal. I have some tingling in my lips and possibly my hands and feet. Be certain to take this medicine in the morning, or you will be up all night!

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by RLA1956 (taken for less than 1 month):

I am a 57 year old woman, 5' 6" and weighed in @ 234.6 lbs. I started with the lower dose as recommended by my doctor on July 14, 2014 and it is now two-weeks later and I have lost 7 lbs. I have been steadily gaining weight over the past 20 years but in particular the past 7 years. This medication seems to be helping. I will admit that the very first day I questioned whether I could continue taking this because I was so drowsy I could barely function at work. However, each day got better and by the 4th day I did not feel any effects at all. I have now moved onto the stronger dosage. I have also not experienced the constipation that many have complained about here on this commentary. I am hoping for good results as time goes by.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by mikepp1002 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have absolutely got to give this a 10. I weighed in around 260lbs. Male at 6 foot, even largest I've ever been it's was embarrassing considering I was 185lbs and toned not 10 years ago and after only 6 weeks I have shed 31 pounds and still see a change every few days.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 8:13 PM

Review by Rimini:

I'm a 5'6 28 years old female, my first time trying Qsymia, I'm on the starter dose I started at 185lbs it's been 4 days I have lost 7 lbs with dieting and exercise. I feel great I'm so excited, my goal is to lose 20 lbs for now so we'll see what happens. For side effects I do feel the metallic taste in my mouth and the tingly feeling in my fingers but nothing over, so hopefully I keep dropping ..I'm doing a power walk for 3 miles every day. So I will be buying the 1 month supply to see where it takes me. Good luck for every one and I'll keep you guys posted.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2014 3:13 PM

Review by TC13:

Weighed 236 in mid-December 2014 and started taking Qsymia as a New Years resolution January 3, 2014. June 10 I am weighing 198. Eating smarter with moderate exercise. Dropping about 5 pounds a month after initial 12 pound drop. I am 64 years old.

June 10, 2014 11:20 PM