User Reviews for Phenobarbital

Also known as: Luminal, Solfoton

Learn more about Phenobarbital.

Hyperbilirubinemia 1 reviews 2 medications

Seizures 6 reviews 40 medications

9.4
Sedation 0 reviews 37 medications

Insomnia 0 reviews 100 medications

Summary of Phenobarbital reviews 7 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Phenobarbital

Review by Winkeys (taken for 10 years or more):

For Seizures: Had epilepsy since 14 now way over 60 and been on phenobarbitone all my life. Doctors have tried new ones on me but they had side effects whereas Phenobarbitone have been good for me. Epanutin caused gums shrinking and were bad for my liver. Now been put on Keppra and I cannot keep awake and ear hurts. Docs leave my pills alone please.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 12:03 PM

Review by gammasbaby (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Luminal (phenobarbital) for Seizures: No real severe side effects,and works well with no mood altering properties.recommended+

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 6:16 PM

For Hyperbilirubinemia: Took care of it after a couple days.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2010 12:04 AM

For Seizures: I have been taking it for 15 years and no major side effects. Even took it while pregnant. The doctors recommended as a safe medicine to control seizure and my baby was fine and I was fine. Thank God!

September 7, 2009 11:54 PM

Review by lacbos:

For Seizures: Taken this medicine for decades and so far no sides effects or damage to the liver. Works very well if taken daily at or near the exact time.

June 14, 2009 11:41 AM

Review by mayohetty:

For Seizures: It has worked for me. Other seizure medicines caused me severe side effects. It does make me sleepy, so I take it prior to going to bed at night. Otherwise no side effects or alterations in behavior.

April 6, 2009 7:29 PM

For Seizures: I'm taking it since 1966 without any side effects.

December 28, 2008 5:06 PM