Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Phenazopyridine

Also known as: Azo Urinary Pain Relief, Azo-Gesic, Azo-Septic, Azo-Standard, Baridium, Eridium, Phenazo, Prodium, Pyridiate, Pyridium, Re-Azo, Uricalm, Urinary Analgesic, Uristat, Urodol, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Phenazopyridine.

Dysuria 19 reviews 23 medications

8.7
Interstitial Cystitis 15 reviews 28 medications

8.7
Summary of Phenazopyridine reviews 34 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Phenazopyridine

Review by Minamaye:

For Dysuria: I have suffered with urinary tract infections for many years, and recently was given Urogesic blue, because I heard it worked better, but this works the best for frequency and burning, because it numbs your bladder. I haven't felt normal in a month, but with this medicine it is the most normal I have found in quite a while. I highly recommend it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2014 10:37 PM

For Dysuria: I had been dealing with a bad urinary tract infection for a whole week but after an hour of my first dosage I felt like me again.

May 26, 2014 3:41 PM

Review by giggi (taken for less than 1 month):

For Interstitial Cystitis: After kidney stone surgery I asked for a stronger med than given after previous stone surgery and the Dr listened.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2013 3:04 AM

Review by CaMaJa (taken for less than 1 month):

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: It has helped a lot. Does turn my urine a neon orange. I had taken it before now about 3 years ago without any other side effects besides neon Orange urine, but this time my vision went very blurry, very quickly and scared me a lot. Then I started reading other people's reviews on it and now I understand its normal and nothing for me to freak out over. This is a great medicine either way.

September 25, 2013 10:41 PM

Review by mrsraybird (taken for less than 1 month):

For Interstitial Cystitis: Since entering menopause, I find I come down with urinary tract infections more frequently. At the first sign of discomfort, I start with cranberry juice and Azo. The cranberry juice helps make my urine more acidic (inhibiting bacteria) and the Azo calms my bladder and relieves the urgency and pain. The only downside (if you want to call it that) is that it turns your urine dark yellow and can stain, but it's definitely worth it).

September 1, 2013 4:34 PM

Review by winniepin88:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: Took this for pain relief for a urinary tract infection - took about an hour and a half to kick in for my first pill but after that I took it every 4 1/2 hrs because I had bad pressure and burning that kept coming back. Usually I have no symptoms on this but more recently when I took it I have had nausea, blurred vision, really bad sweats. But nothing serious that would make me stop taking the pill.

August 30, 2013 1:35 PM

Review by Winnie Pin:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: I took Pyridium for my urinary tract infection. I have taken this medication many times and it works WONDERS. Takes away that uncomfy pressure and burning sensation. When I take it, it takes about 45 - 1 hr to kick in initially and then depending how bad my urinary tract infection is I take it every 4 hours. Usually I get no symptoms however this time taking it I do, I have gotten blurred vision, bad drowsiness, cold sweats and hot flashes, BUT they are all manageable!

August 29, 2013 3:02 PM

For Dysuria: After a successful surgical removal of kidney stone, it felt like I was urinating pieces of glass. This medication was a God send in pain reduction and fear of urinating. Motrin worked and I didn't need narcotic pain relievers at all.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 20, 2013 1:11 AM

Review by ChristyJames:

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: I use Azo-Standard whenever I have issues with antibiotics or other medications that leave me with a feeling of frequency and/or generalized discomfort. Azo-Standard has always helped greatly, especially at night or anytime I have to sit for long periods which can usually lead to pain and discomfort.

July 12, 2013 12:55 PM

Review by AZO Relieved:

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: I found this to be incredibly helpful. I developed a urinary tract infection on a Friday night and had to go to work an hour later. Within an hour of taking AZO, I felt much more comfortable. It can make you feel dizzy. Therefore, I recommend taking the pill with a meal. My minor complaint would be that I found the time it took to kick in and wear off to vary greatly each time I took it. However, totally worth it. Warning: take an antibiotic when you can. AZO will make you feel better, but only temporarily.

April 22, 2013 8:35 PM

Review by numie11 (taken for less than 1 month):

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: Dr. gave it for bladder infection, but all it did was making me extremely itchy in vagina.

April 6, 2013 9:59 PM

Review by Girlygirl 45 (taken for less than 1 month):

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: I've had urinary tract infections since I was little. My mom always bought these numbing pills and they worked like a charm! I'm having one at the moment and my mom bought Uricalm. Works within minutes for me and totally takes away the pain. These things work for hours and hours. And the higher the dosage the better it works. Total life saver if your having any bladder problems.

April 4, 2013 11:26 PM

Review by beenthere123 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: I have interstitial cystitis and also just finished a Z Pack for a sinus infection. I got a yeast infection and was in desperate pain, extreme burning , swelling etc. I took a 200mg Pyridium pill and cut in half, as I remember how nauseated it had formerly made me. I weigh 110lbs and I am sensitive to most medicines, so I like to start smaller. I suggest you take it with food as it says that it doesn't interfere with the affect it has. Will make your urine bright orange, so watch your white clothes.

February 9, 2013 9:16 PM

Review by stents (taken for less than 1 month):

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: Reduced pain from stone passing through urinary tract and also helped with bowel evacuation.

January 31, 2013 11:55 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: Was wonderful for the urinary tract infection. I also have a urethral fissure...Didn't help with fissure but not designed to do so.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2012 1:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: It worked a couple minutes after taking it, I was relieved!

October 17, 2012 10:04 AM

Review by frst tmr (taken for less than 1 month):

For Dysuria: After 2 doses I noticed a significant difference in my urinary tract symptoms. It does upset your stomach and make you feel nauseous. Luckily, the doctor will only put you on this medicine for 3 days before the antibiotics start to kick in.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 28, 2012 1:55 PM

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: I have to take Pyridium. Have been taking it for many years. My urologist says I don't have Interstitial Cystitis but my bladder started burning in 1992 and hasn't stopped, so it may be urogenic bladder. Pyridium does seem to make me drowsy and I itch a lot. But not sure if the Pyridium causes it as I'm on many other medications. It does help the burning of my bladder.

April 10, 2012 2:09 PM

Review by yessy:

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: This product is a God send. It helps so much with my interstitial cystitis symptoms. But I have noticed that if I use it very frequently that my unine starts to smell really bad. Which concerns me s bit.

February 29, 2012 1:10 AM

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for : This medicine has helped me a number of times. I frequently get urinary tract infections and this makes me capable to work and do pretty much anything other than lay in pain. My only problem is that I wish there was a way to know when it's wearing off. Sometimes it lasts longer than others.

February 21, 2012 8:27 PM

Review by ooohyeah99:

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: This is a magical medicine! Had a very bad bladder infection and couldn't get out of the bathroom! After 2 doses I had COMPLETE relief! Turns your urine highlighter orange but it's so worth it! I don't know how I ever got through a urinary tract infection without it!

February 8, 2012 10:32 PM

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: Skin of my body and foot become yellow, vomiting sensation, headache.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2012 11:46 AM

For : I'm 42 and have never had bladder infection before. This medication worked exactly as prescribed, relieved the pain within hours. Minor discomfort still there but the pain is mostly gone.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2011 11:35 PM

For Interstitial Cystitis: When the pain of interstitial cystitis hits, it's awful. One or two doses of this fantastic medicine always either eliminates the pain or makes it barely noticeable. I don't need it daily. But when I do need it, I want it on hand. It's the best thing I can find and that I trust for the pain of interstitial cystitis. Also, I consider it safe and it has no side effects.

December 13, 2011 12:31 PM

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: When taking this medication I developed a fever, reddening of the eyes even more pain and I wasn't able to hold anything down which ended up in a prolonged stay in the hospital.

September 14, 2011 1:10 PM