User Reviews for Phenazopyridine

Also known as: Azo Urinary Pain Relief, Azo-Gesic, Azo-Septic, Azo-Standard, Baridium, Eridium, Phenazo, Prodium, Pyridiate, Pyridium, Re-Azo, Uricalm, Urinary Analgesic, Uristat, Urodol, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Phenazopyridine.

Dysuria 41 reviews 28 medications

8.1
Interstitial Cystitis 26 reviews 28 medications

8.1
Summary of Phenazopyridine reviews 67 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Phenazopyridine

For Dysuria: "I took it for the first few days(for pain) along with an antibiotic for a uti, and this med worked ok, I guess, but it made me ... So... Nauseous! Eating before did not prevent it. I had to deep breath through pursed lips for an hour or two after taking a pill "

anjimaldo April 11, 2016

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "I have ureter stents due to malignant pelvic tumors. I had burning pain at the end of my stream but after a few days on Cipro with no relief, a UTI was ruled out. My urologist put me on Pyridium and I felt better within hours. No side effects except that orange urine!"

Jeaniebaby (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "I was experiencing early symptoms of a UTI. I felt like I had to go to the bathroom even after I had just been and it was very uncomfortable feeling, I wouldn't say it burned like UTI's usually do, it just felt like I had to go really bad. I got an at home UTI test strip and sure enough I had it. I got the URICALM at my local CVS store in hopes it would give me some kind of relief. I drank a 12oz of cranberry juice and three water bottles with 2 tablets (in 12 hours) and that night I felt 100% better! I was worried I would have to go to the doctor and get on antibiotics but with URICALM that wasn't the case! Very affordable. It comes in a 60 pack and it only took 2 to help me! I would recommend this especially if you are catching it early!"

456789LEAP_ April 3, 2016

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "I got a UTI on the last day of my vacation, with 12 hours of plane rides to get through. On my way to the airport, I stopped at the drugstore for some recommended Azo. I saw Uricalm Max and decided to give it a try since it was on sale. Best. Decision. Ever. I went from nearly crying, sitting with nothing coming out yet feeling like I was going to pee myself whenever I stood up.. to feeling 100% completely normal. When I got home, I went home and saw a doctor. I was prescribed the usual antibiotics and urinary analgesic. Uricalm Max works much better, and for longer than the medication from the pharmacy.. same price AND I can get uricalm over the counter to help until I can see a doctor for antibiotics."

Smariew (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2016

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "As everyone knows kidney stones are very painful and very uncomfortable. My doctor prescribed me this medication to help to ease the pain. And it seriously works. I do not like taking pain medication, so I was pleased when I took this and it actually worked."

alex12574477 February 9, 2016

For Interstitial Cystitis: "I am a 57 yr old female, suffer from interstitial cystitis for the past 5 years. First and foremost DIET is key, no orange juice, grapefruit, spices, cranberries and cranberry juice is the worst for I.C sufferers. Cranberry is great for urinary tract infections but NOT for I.C, also Azo is NOT for I.C, it has cranberry in it. Only Uristat works for I.C, unless of course you are allergic to it or have stomach upset. Take 4 saltine crackers before taking, I have a very sensitive stomach and this works for me"

Lee10 January 8, 2016

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "I have frequent upsodes of dysuria, either due to bacterial UTI or of unknown origin. Phenazopyridine (Azo) gives me rapid relief."

Nanny Goat December 26, 2015

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: "Settles the bladder down nicely."

Newfounland Flossy December 5, 2015

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: "This did nothing for the cramping and pain. In fact, I had horrible GI gas and stomach issues while taking it. I thought I had a stomach virus but when I stopped the Pyridium, the stomach distress went away."

Detroiter767 November 29, 2015

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "Thankful this is OTC, works better than Azo, faster as well"

Aries07 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2015

For Dysuria: "I've been in pain for three days, and cannot get an appt. till next week so I went all out and bought cranberry juice, tablets, and this medicine. I felt no differently after taking it. And not even three hours later. I still had the pain and urgency. I woke up this morning, hoping it would have worked by now, to find my lower parts completely covered in a rash and it itched HORRIBLY. Apparently I'm allergic to the dyes or something. How could I have known? Be very careful before taking this product and make sure you are absolutely not allergic to anything on the list, it didn't work for me and it broke me out so badly that I can't even put underwear on. The rash wasn't the product's fault, but I am giving it a 1 for not helping the pain."

abarnesmc117 November 5, 2015

For Dysuria: "If you're experiencing pain during urination caused by a UTI, I recommend Uricalm Max! Works almost instantly. Just make sure to wear panty liners while using this medication. It will turn your urine bright orange and will stain anything it comes into contact with."

gingergirl315 November 2, 2015

Uristat (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: "Doctor told me to take this uristat . super drug, I feel normal again. I can sleep longer, no real pain and the only side effect is urine is yellowish orange. But who cares about that if your rid of pain and spasms. Thank you doctor!"

feeling better at 59 October 16, 2015

For Dysuria: "Bought azo and it didn't work for me AT ALL. If anything it made it worse! It still burns when I pee and it's really painful and uncomfortable. The only difference this med made was changing the color of my urine to a dark orange looking color."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2015

For Dysuria: "Was feeling awful during class, ran pharmacy on my free hour and bought some Azo the Urinary pain relief. Took it in the parking lot and drank some water. Right away it started working and my discomfort was gone. Only side effect was that my pee was a much darker color than normal but once the medicine was out of my body it went back to normal. I strongly recommend this to anyone who has frequent UTIs or to even have at home for an emergency"

College girl (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2015

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "IT works like a charm. I took two pills last night and I was able to sleep without discomfort. I really recommend. I bought the Uricalm MAX ."

No Longer Aggravated! (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2015

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "My pee is obviously orange. I wore panty liners to prevent staining. Relieved the urgency and burning sensation however after my second dose on both dose I had excruciating episodes of kidney pain. Like instantly dropping to the floor, Not being able to do anything but cry for five to ten minutes until it was over. Nausea and hot flashes also. It served it's purpose but was definitely uncomfortable."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2015

For Interstitial Cystitis: "I had my first near "kill-me-now" flare this afternoon. Posted about it on facebook and someone recommended AZO. I drove to the pharmacy in excruciating pain; I couldn't walk in so I made them get it for me at the pickup window. Downed 2 pills in the parking lot and by the time I got home 5 minutes later, glorious relief. Why did my urologist not tell me about this when I called him today? "

graywarrior (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

For Interstitial Cystitis: "I wish I had known about this medicine sooner! I have had IC all my adult life and as I approach 60 I’ve noticed that is has ramped up in the last year. I do not understand why health articles on IC and UTI’s do not recommend this product! It has helped so much and works quickly. I too will always have this on hand. The regular AZO where you can basically take cranberry juice through a pill, has now become a part of my daily regimen."

SWB July 31, 2015

Azo Urinary Pain Relief (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: "I was having extreme pain, everyone said to get all the AZO bladder med stuff, but I also got this one. Turned out it was the only one that worked!!! But, it only lasted short-term and I had a severe case. It's a "until you get to the doctor" med. If you're resorting to these, you've got doctor worthy problems."

ARCnAZ July 24, 2015

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "Did some, not enough, to relieve pain. I have pain because I have a ureter stent and am receiving radiation treatments to the pelvis -- both irritate the bladder and urinary track. I am searching for a similar drug to this. There must be something similar to this drug that helps alleviate the pain."

CJ12354321 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2015

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "Just don't mistake Uricalm Intensive for Uricalm! I grabbed the box in a rush and when I got home phenazopyridine the ingredient that stops the burning and pain is not in the Intensive. "

MillsMissy July 7, 2015

For Dysuria: "It did alleviate my pain but not my urgency. The side effect is just about unbearable. I am partially incontinent due to the cancer treatment I am receiving. Just a drop of this bright orange dye on clothing, carpet or anywhere does permanent damage. Everyone gets a urine spot in their underwear occasionally. With this product get ready to spend lots on cleaning and ruined clothes."

carol12345 July 4, 2015

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "This OTC medicine was the first to make me stop feeling any pain at all. One day I had to pull over during my commute to use the restroom at a Parkway rest stop. I commute over 60 miles to work every day, and have never had to stop. By 11 AM I was aware I had a UTI. On my way home I purchased this product with no idea what it could do, but my doctor couldn't see me for three more days. Within 30 minutes the constant pain was gone."

Chaybleakround June 2, 2015

For Dysuria: "Well, let me tell you the bad news. Everything taste different. I ate a piece of cake and quickly spit it out. I'm itchy :/ and everything is orange.....everything. But I had severe kidney pain and it vanished over night. I took my medicine immediately after eating and did not notice any nausea. There's a slight itching in that "area," but that's common with a UTI. Hope this helps!"

Merdy52 April 19, 2015