User Reviews for Phenazopyridine

Also known as: Azo Urinary Pain Relief, Azo-Gesic, Azo-Septic, Azo-Standard, Baridium, Eridium, Phenazo, Prodium, Pyridiate, Pyridium, Re-Azo, Uricalm, Urinary Analgesic, Uristat, Urodol, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Phenazopyridine.

Dysuria 24 reviews 23 medications

8.5
Interstitial Cystitis 19 reviews 28 medications

Summary of Phenazopyridine reviews 43 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Phenazopyridine

For Dysuria: "Well, let me tell you the bad news. Everything taste different. I ate a piece of cake and quickly spit it out. I'm itchy :/ and everything is orange.....everything. But I had severe kidney pain and it vanished over night. I took my medicine immediately after eating and did not notice any nausea. There's a slight itching in that "area," but that's common with a UTI. Hope this helps!"

Merdy52 April 19, 2015

For Dysuria: "First dose was early afternoon, 2nd dose was at 7pm. Dosage is 1-100mg tablet after a meal 3 times a day for 2 days. Woke from a bad dream. Have tried to go back to sleep several times but dream reoccurs."

omaoftwo (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

For Interstitial Cystitis: "I have IC, and sometimes it is unbareable. I have prescription strength 200 mg tabs. I take one of those along with an antihistimine, and drink a big glass of water. Fight the urge to urinate for about an hour. Put heat on the bladder or take a hot bath. Finally when I urinate i feel relief. Still fight the urge and urinate at most once an hour. The flareup should calm. This medicine is literally a lifesaver for IC. I only take the medicine during a flareup, not a regular medication."

snookyb (taken for 10 years or more) February 8, 2015

For Interstitial Cystitis: "Didn't work for me. Made me nauseous. I took with meal. Took again next day and made me vomit."

ctaels February 3, 2015

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "This medicine is a God send! I'm 20/F 140lbs and I frequently have pain at the very bottom of my urethra which Azo soothes every time. However it makes me quite nauseous if I don't take it right after eating and it makes my mouth taste strange and chemical-y. If you are considering taking this, make sure you stock up on black panties (or jammies) as it will stain everything."

Anonymous December 5, 2014

Azo Urinary Pain Relief (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: "This works for me for bladder infections, but not for my IBC at all."

nantsyb3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2014

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "Works very quickly! Prefer this over any other brand."

New OrleansLady (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2014

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: "I have used this for years off and on during flare ups of IC. Besides making my urine a 1970's throwback color of orange, over the past year or two AZO Standard has upset my stomach. Not enough of a problem to do without it, but enough to avoid food. It does work to rid me of the urgency and burning sensation. ."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) November 24, 2014

For Dysuria: "I have suffered with urinary tract infections for many years, and recently was given Urogesic blue, because I heard it worked better, but this works the best for frequency and burning, because it numbs your bladder. I haven't felt normal in a month, but with this medicine it is the most normal I have found in quite a while. I highly recommend it."

Minamaye September 10, 2014

For Dysuria: "I had a UTI once as a teenager and got this as rx and worked wonders! Went in to my doctor today for same symptoms after having a kidney stone. The doctor said I don't have any infection but it was still hurting. I bought this over the counter (Uricalm) and still works wonders! I feel so much better! If your bladder hurts, use this!"

JWebb418 (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2014

For Dysuria: "I had been dealing with a bad urinary tract infection for a whole week but after an hour of my first dosage I felt like me again."

Anonymous May 26, 2014

For Interstitial Cystitis: "After kidney stone surgery I asked for a stronger med than given after previous stone surgery and the Dr listened."

giggi (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2013

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "It has helped a lot. Does turn my urine a neon orange. I had taken it before now about 3 years ago without any other side effects besides neon Orange urine, but this time my vision went very blurry, very quickly and scared me a lot. Then I started reading other people's reviews on it and now I understand its normal and nothing for me to freak out over. This is a great medicine either way."

CaMaJa (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2013

For Interstitial Cystitis: "Since entering menopause, I find I come down with urinary tract infections more frequently. At the first sign of discomfort, I start with cranberry juice and Azo. The cranberry juice helps make my urine more acidic (inhibiting bacteria) and the Azo calms my bladder and relieves the urgency and pain. The only downside (if you want to call it that) is that it turns your urine dark yellow and can stain, but it's definitely worth it)."

mrsraybird (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2013

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "Took this for pain relief for a urinary tract infection - took about an hour and a half to kick in for my first pill but after that I took it every 4 1/2 hrs because I had bad pressure and burning that kept coming back. Usually I have no symptoms on this but more recently when I took it I have had nausea, blurred vision, really bad sweats. But nothing serious that would make me stop taking the pill."

winniepin88 August 30, 2013

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "I took Pyridium for my urinary tract infection. I have taken this medication many times and it works WONDERS. Takes away that uncomfy pressure and burning sensation. When I take it, it takes about 45 - 1 hr to kick in initially and then depending how bad my urinary tract infection is I take it every 4 hours. Usually I get no symptoms however this time taking it I do, I have gotten blurred vision, bad drowsiness, cold sweats and hot flashes, BUT they are all manageable!"

Winnie Pin August 29, 2013

For Dysuria: "After a successful surgical removal of kidney stone, it felt like I was urinating pieces of glass. This medication was a God send in pain reduction and fear of urinating. Motrin worked and I didn't need narcotic pain relievers at all."

Anonymous August 20, 2013

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: "I use Azo-Standard whenever I have issues with antibiotics or other medications that leave me with a feeling of frequency and/or generalized discomfort. Azo-Standard has always helped greatly, especially at night or anytime I have to sit for long periods which can usually lead to pain and discomfort."

ChristyJames July 12, 2013

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "I found this to be incredibly helpful. I developed a urinary tract infection on a Friday night and had to go to work an hour later. Within an hour of taking AZO, I felt much more comfortable. It can make you feel dizzy. Therefore, I recommend taking the pill with a meal. My minor complaint would be that I found the time it took to kick in and wear off to vary greatly each time I took it. However, totally worth it. Warning: take an antibiotic when you can. AZO will make you feel better, but only temporarily."

AZO Relieved April 22, 2013

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "Dr. gave it for bladder infection, but all it did was making me extremely itchy in vagina. "

numie11 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2013

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "I've had urinary tract infections since I was little. My mom always bought these numbing pills and they worked like a charm! I'm having one at the moment and my mom bought Uricalm. Works within minutes for me and totally takes away the pain. These things work for hours and hours. And the higher the dosage the better it works. Total life saver if your having any bladder problems."

Girlygirl 45 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2013

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "I have interstitial cystitis and also just finished a Z Pack for a sinus infection. I got a yeast infection and was in desperate pain, extreme burning , swelling etc. I took a 200mg Pyridium pill and cut in half, as I remember how nauseated it had formerly made me. I weigh 110lbs and I am sensitive to most medicines, so I like to start smaller. I suggest you take it with food as it says that it doesn't interfere with the affect it has. Will make your urine bright orange, so watch your white clothes."

beenthere123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2013

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "Reduced pain from stone passing through urinary tract and also helped with bowel evacuation."

stents (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2013

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: "Was wonderful for the urinary tract infection. I also have a urethral fissure...Didn't help with fissure but not designed to do so."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2012

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: "It worked a couple minutes after taking it, I was relieved!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2012