User Reviews for Paclitaxel

Also known as: Onxol, Taxol

Learn more about Paclitaxel.

Ovarian Cancer 1 reviews 25 medications

Wilms' Tumor 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paclitaxel reviews 5 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Paclitaxel

Review by Blonde 37 (taken for 10 years or more):

Taxol (paclitaxel) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: Am a survivor of 23 yrs, had used Taxol before with all the usual side effects and I am using it again, but the side effects are more enhanced and also a major burning in your mouth that cannot be corrected with anything.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2013 1:16 PM

Taxol (paclitaxel) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: I've been taking Taxol/Avastin for over 26 months, this is an amazing medicine to treat breast cancer. I had already 85 treatments without stopping. Side effects are nothing compared with the amount of treatments, hair loss, neuropathy, vision problems, nauseous but not to much, teeth problems. But the most important thing is I'm still alive in Stage IV for 26 months under the same treatment. Thanks

September 16, 2012 10:02 PM

Taxol (paclitaxel) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: I received Taxol along with cisplatin every 4 weeks for a total of 4 treatments. I did not recognize the numbness in my feet as a side effect because it was winter time and that is how my feet frequently feel most of the winter. So far the post op and post chemo tests are negative. I had no other problems during the chemo treatments.

May 11, 2012 6:35 PM

Review by Boonee:

Taxol (paclitaxel) for Ovarian Cancer: I had Taxol and Cisplatin for Stage 3 ovarian cancer. After 6 treatments, each 3 weeks apart, a second surgery to check for residual cancer cells, I was declared cancer free. The Taxol severely damaged my nerves in fingers and feet, but now after 16 yrs, I have no residual damage. I am proud to say I am a 16 year cancer survivor.

December 22, 2010 7:37 PM

Review by D MrsFixIt:

Taxol (paclitaxel) for Breast Cancer: I had Taxol with Avastin for 6 cycles. Each cycle was once a week for 3 weeks, followed by 1 week off. A PET scan after the first 3 cycles showed significant success, but the PET scan at the end of the 6th cycle showed new growth, so we had to change medicines. I have stage IV metastatic breast cancer that is in the lymph nodes of the chest wall. It is triple negative, so harder to control.

April 8, 2010 1:15 PM